Downplay| Jordan Clarkson & Q...

By hopesashes

downplay- to make something seem less important than it is It's a mechanism really, a defense , no one ever r... More

-
CAST
•o n e•
• t w o •
•three•
•four•
•five•
•seven•
•eight•
•nine•
•t e n•
•e l e v e n•
•t w e l v e•
•t h i r t e e n•
•f o u r t e e n•
•f i f t e e n•
•s i x t e e n•
•s e v e n t e e n•
• e i g h t e e n •
•n i n e t e e n•
•t w e n t y•
•t w e n t y o n e•
•t w e n t y t w o•
•t w e n t y t h r e e•
•t w e n t y f o u r •
•t w e n t y f i v e •
•t w e n t y s i x•
•t w e n t y s e v e n •
•t w e n t y e i g h t •
•t w e n t y n i n e •
•t h i r t y•
• t h i r t y o n e •
•t h i r t y t w o•
•t h i r t y t h r e e•
•t h i r t y f o u r•
•t h i r t y f i v e •
•t h i r t y s i x•
•t h i r t y s e v e n•
•t h i r t y e i g h t•
•t h i r t y n i n e•
• f o r t y •
•f o r t y o n e •
•f o r t y t w o •
•f o r t y t h r e e•
•f o r t y f o u r•
• f o r t y f i v e •
•epilogue•

•six•

679 36 45
By hopesashes

It was supposed to be a one-time thing.

Somehow it had become an almost every day thing, a four-times a week with sleepovers thing. This morning it was a fuck me as the sun rises thing.

As much as he got under her skin, Yara couldn't deny that Jordan Clarkson gave good dick and after all, did a better cure for stress exist?

Riding him quickly, she felt her legs begin to shake as she ground herself onto him and heard his low groans. He knew he was powerless to her but his pride wouldn't let him just admit it. Increasing her pace, Yara took all of him hitting her g-spot in a delightful way.

"FUCK!"

She always swore that would never change. However, she rarely called guys' names when she came, especially if she was the one doing all the work. In Jordan's case, his head was big enough, she didn't want to inflate it anymore. For a second, stars clouded her vision as she felt that sweet feeling she craved building. He gave in before her. Squeezing her ass tightly, Jordan powered into her twice as he rode out the high she'd given him. He always bit his lip when he came, she always bit him.

"SAY IT!"

"SHIT!"

The feel of his hand roughly smacking her ass made her bite her lip.

"SAY IT YARA!"

"FUCK JORDAN!"

Placing her head in the curve of his neck as he held her close to his chest, she clamped onto his shoulder. Her nails scratching across his back as she gave in.

Placing his fingers under her chin, he kissed her roughly, sloppy. She hated to admit it but she loved that shit.

It was 5:20 AM, Rolling off of him she found it simple to walk to her bathroom, lock the door and hop into her shower. Did she expect him to be there when she got out? No, but was he? Hell yes.

"You're still here?"

The question perplexed him, mere minutes ago she was just holding onto him for dear life. He should've seen it coming, this was their usual routine but after a while, he thought it would break. Evidently, it hadn't yet.

"I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to stay."

"Bullshit, when have I ever not kicked you out?"

"Last night."

"I was dickhausted, I wasn't thinking."

"So you have to think yourself into kicking me out? Don't tell me you're growing feelings Yara."

Sneering at the playfulness of his tone, Yara dropped her towel and began to put on her underclothes. She could feel him watching as she slipped into a black lacy thong and a matching bra. Bending over, she lotioned her legs knowing full well that his eyes had never left her body.

"I can hear your heavy breathing, why are you still here?"

"Damn Yara, you really want me out?"

His eyebrows furrowed as he stood up and began to put his clothes back on. He felt her energy shift burn through the room. The hickey on his neck that she had no part in placing there was still burning on her mind. She hadn't brought it up last night or this morning but it bothered her. She hated that it did.

"Yes, thanks for getting dressed. I would've hated to throw you out in your underwear."

"You know, one day I won't come back."

He thought that was ammunition, but the way she looked at him as she retreated to her closet and laughed let him know that she was the only one that was fully loaded in this arrangement. He didn't know why every step he took out of her home burned him but as he heard the door shut behind him, something didn't feel right.

At first, it had all been a game. She told him it was a one-night thing so he turned into two nights, then three, four, five, ten, fifteen. By now, shouldn't she have felt something for him?

Pulling out his party file, she groaned as she tried to put things into motion. She'd booked the DJ, the venue, had the drinks and food arranged. The only thing she was missing was the drive to carry it out and a host. Sipping on her green tea, the movement of her new and flustered roommate caught her eye.

"Good Morning Zozo"

Yara chirped the smile on her face the evident residue of good ass sex. Zolee just smirked and nodded in response as she took a seat beside her.

"Had a good night... and morning I'm guessing."

Zolee commented nonchalantly and Yara simply shrugged.

"I suppose, I'm getting a bit tired of Quincy, to be honest, plus I know he's fucking someone else."

There was no need for Zolee to know about Jordan and besides after the awkward last meeting she'd had with Quincy, Zolee had somehow seen him leaving and assumed that was her man. He easily could've been, so technically she wasn't lying.

"How do you know that?"

"I just do, you can tell, hickeys were places I didn't put them, or at least I don't remember putting them."

Zolee just shook her head at the far off look in Yara's eyes as she swirled her teaspoon in her Rooibos blend.

"How would you forget?"

Zolee queried to which Yara shrugged and took a sip of tea. Her trysts all began to blend in at some point, but her signatures spoke for themselves. Yara wasn't a hickey person, not being anyone's territory meant she wasn't territorial when it came to the men she dealt with. Hickey's were too showy, she preferred to be lustfully lowkey.

"We screw around a lot , in the moment I kind of lose myself."

Shrugging off the truth, Yara put on her professional skin as she began to pack her files and agenda away into a neat stack.

"Yeah, I heard that."

The disgust in Zolee's face and in her tone made her chuckle. This was so entertaining for her because she knew Zolee was far from being a prude, she just was mad her ass wasn't getting any nookie.

"You ain't found nobody to chill with yet?"

Yara antagonized to which Zolee just waved her hand dismissively.

"I don't exactly just throw my cat around to the first baller that flashes me something, it's not that serious."

"Hmm, so that's why you're salty."

"I'm not salty Yaya, you just loud as shit, waking up people every weekend."

"Well I'm sorry, shit " Yara laughed as she poked Zolee's cheek "You know you can join if you want to?"

She teased and Zolee's disgust increased causing her to laugh so hard her tea nearly came out of her nose.

"You so damn wild Yaya. What the hell has LA done to you?"

"Nothing hun I'm just playing with you I don't do that shit. Just try to get your coochie some poochie before you grow cobwebs in that bitch."

"Whatever Yaya, it's 2 pm don't you have somewhere to be?"

Yara looked at the clock before nodding and finishing her tea. Zolee took the time to go through her phone. Mere moments later the girl began to laugh piquing Yara's curiosity. Looking over her shoulder, Yara read just as she was typing her reply into her gold iPhone. She recognized her sister's name as the recipient.

The discussion seemed to center on Zolee's encounter with a celebrity by the name of Mack Wilds who was feeling her as well as checking in with her Aya and her niece Destin. Leaning over she read the texts.

We'll see , we'll see, how's munch and how's Devin?

Munch is right here , she's loving Phoenix so far and she won't stay out of these pools , got me doing extra wash days on her hair and what not. Devin is Devin , he comes to see her but we're cool. SO you not gone ask me about Amari? I see you Zo.

Zolee rolled her eyes and shook her head while Yara thought on the mention of their brother's name. Zolee and Amari dated for a long time when they were in high school up to a year after graduation. Did she still love him? Was she still mad that he cheated?

I'm glad everything is good, I'm not worried about his dusty ass but tell him I said sup, or whatever.

Yara cackled at Zolee's reply causing the young woman's head to snap up.

"what you laughing for?"

"You Zo, firstly I agree with Aya, get you some Mack Wilds and secondly why you gotta do the previous love of your life like that?"

Zolee just rolled her eyes and put her phone away.

"Because his ass was messy, still is lowkey when it comes to our break up. Stop worrying about my bedroom diaries, I'm not sweating Mack Wilds."

"You can't keep dissing every dude that show interest in you, at least promise if he makes a move you'll hear him out?"

"Fine"

"And makeup with Mari, he's me and Aya's brother you know plus you know he's sorry about what happened."

"Man whatever you ain't sorry about what you did to Lucas, why don't you try and fix that first before you act like the Goddess of Wisdom?"

Yara nodded thoughtfully at Zolee's words, she didn't take offense, she knew in a way Zolee was right even if her delivery was aggressive.

Zolee felt like she was being slightly attacked and when she felt like that she lashed out , it was her nature. Yara understood that because that was also her defense mechanism.

"So" Yara sang out as she suddenly jumped up , breaking the tension as she gathered her things and swung her white Hermes bag on her arm. "I have to go and make sure Jordan Clarkson's party is set up right for tomorrow night, so I don't know when I'll be back but I do know that I'm going to need you to find something to wear for tomorrow because I know you want to help me out at the party."

Zolee shook her head and watched as her friend walked towards the door, her red bottoms clicking and clacking against the marble floors, Yara had definitely made something of herself.

"You know how I am with parties Yaya."

"Exactly which is why I know you'll do your thing in front of all those basketball players tomorrow. You like your men tall right?"

Yara winked as she opened the door while Zolee groaned and shook her head.

"I like them faithful too."

She commented and Yara just rolled her eyes and walked out. It didn't matter to Yara because she didn't love , she lusted but Zolee didn't operate that way.

-

"I'm way above my weight with this one."

Jordan huffed as he lifted his oldest daughter, Callie above his head while his best friend Maranda held he and Mylin's daughter Jayden. Callie was two years old while Jayden was only seven months old.

"What makes you think that?"

Maranda queried before she snuggled Jayden closer. The brown-skinned beauty had know Jordan Clarkson for most of her life and they meshed well from day one. They'd gone to the same high school and college, their bond maintaining its strength through the years. Maranda was now a Child Psychologist so Jordan always vented to her because he knew she'd make him think deeper.

"I've never met anyone like her , shit. Look Mara , I gave her the best dick of her life and she straight up kicked me out afterward. This always happens too, I don't even know why I keep going back at this point."

Maranda couldn't believe what she was hearing. Rolling her eyes , she passed Jayden to her father before she crossed her legs as Jordan balanced the two.

"First of all , what happened with you and Mylin? I thought you were trying to work on her allowing this to happen more. Callie and Jayden are sisters and they hardly see each other. Mylin acts like this little girl doesn't exist , that's a problem."

"Mylin does what I tell her to , especially because I usually make more sense."

"Whatever J , does she know about this new girl in your life?"

"Nope , she's still trying to make us work but honestly I'm beyond that shit. Don't get me wrong , I love Mylin but I'm not in love with her. I fucked up a lot and I apologized , I tried but she keeps punishing me for Callie. I won't choose her over my daughter."

"You shouldn't have to but J, are you sure you want to give up? Maybe Mylin can change or at the very least maybe you can meet someone that deserves you because it seems like your new girl is using you and that's the last thing you want in our lives and theirs."

Chuckling, Jordan kissed Jayden's hair while Callie played with his chains.

"Our life?"

"I'm your best friend J , after all these years we're a packaged deal. Cut your losses with both of them. If you choose here, no matter what you do it'll be the wrong choice."

Maranda's words should have stuck but as he watched her leave his apartment, the only thing that remained on his mind was the movement of Yara's hips against his. She was addictive.

Pulling out his phone , he shot her a quick text.

Can we talk? You know my address.

Her reply was almost instant.

Lucky you , I'm in your neighborhood and I have time so yes but don't let it be a waste of that time.

I can afford it either way.

Cocky Clarkson back on the scene I see, brilliant.

-

She didn't know what she'd expected but the image of him with two baby girls hanging off of him was not it. Stepping into the modern LA apartment she took in his monochrome and minimalist style. Some pink toys were scattered around and in the corner there was a playpen near his black sectional and a crib next to it.

"Daddy day care in effect?"

"Yeah I guess you can say that."

Moving around her , Jordan placed both girls back in the playpen and crib before he sat on his couch and patted for Yara to join him. Moments like these were what unnerved him when it came to her. Her expression was unreadable , her gait confident and her eyes laser sharp as she stared at or rather into him.

"You wanted to talk and here I am."

"There you are. I just.. are you going to keep up this cycle of fucking and kicking me out?"

A shrug was all he was supplied with as an answer. Yara wasn't sure what she had planned. Truly she didn't have any intentions on their one night becoming what it was. Especially because as she looked at the two little girls she realized she didn't know Jordan at all.

Catching her gaze, the shooting guard sighed.

"I'm not with their mothers anymore."

"And you think that's a good thing?"

Her eyebrow quirked in a way that made him do a quick self-evaluation. His tongue felt heavy. Rolling her eyes , Yara got up and walked over to the little girls. Callie passed Yara one of her teddy bears while Jayden motioned for Yara to pick her up.

Frozen , Jordan watched as Yara took the little girl in her arms before handing back Callie her toy which earned her a cute little toothed smile from the toddler.

Staring at Jayden , Yara was confronted with Jordan's face , purity in those big brown eyes of her. The little girl was beautiful, gentle and she took a liking to her almost as if they had a connection. Resting her head in the crook of Yara's neck , the little girl laid peacefully.

"Jayden never does that to strangers," Jordan observed quietly but Yara still heard him.

"Well, I guess I'm not a stranger. So what's the story with you and their mothers?"

Sitting with the little girl still lying on her , Yara looked at Jordan with her usual tenacity.

"You normally don't tell your next about your exes."

"Well lucky you, I'm not your next so talk."

His chest burned at her statement before he shook his head.

"Mylin, she's Jayden's mom. We were together for a long ass time, on and off since high school really. When we were on we were good but when we had off periods I did what any young and stupid guy in the spotlight would do. After I got drafted in 2014 she stayed with me but we weren't the same really. She didn't like the spotlight and I couldn't get away from it. This time instead of our off periods leading to me excessively partying, I started to cheat. Chanel Iman , Kendall Jenner, Chantel Jeffries, and Ashlee Roberson. Ashlee is Callie's mom."

Looking over at the little girl in her playpen, Yara chuckled before she shook her head. Of course, why else would she feel this strange pull to Jordan?

"So you had a baby on her and I'm guessing from what I've seen, she stayed with you. You two had your own and now she's trying to build back her glory days with you and you're in my bed? I'm another offseason."

"NO! I mean you're right about her but you're not an offseason. Honestly Yara, I'm not sure what you are yet."

She didn't know why she wasn't handing him back his child and walking out but for some reason, she wanted to study him. She wanted to understand.

"That makes two of us Jordan. You should tell her if you don't want her."

"I will, as soon as I can but what should I tell you?"

"What do you mean?"

"Yara you look like you're fighting between staying and going. I don't want you to go so how can I get you to stay?"

She saw him , the desperation in his eyes. For some reason he was sincere with her. She knew a lot of men that were but it had never been this much of a thought process on whether or not she should leave them. She always did without a second thought. At the moment , she couldn't move.

Looking down at Jayden , she marveled at the cute sleeping face that rested on her chest. Her lashes lightly brushing her cheeks. She didn't have a clue about the mess she was born into.

"Jordan , you remind me of my dad. He had a similar situation , I'm an outside child but his family raised me. He never told his wife the circumstances around me, you don't want to have your children separated or affected by the shit you did. The sooner you come clean with Mylin , the sooner you can work on being what these children need from all three of you."

Getting up , Yara placed Jayden carefully in her father's arms before she grabbed her purse.

"What I'm saying is I should be the least of your worries Jordan. Handle your business and when it gets too stressful , you know where to find me and what I do."

Jordan fought within himself as he watched her turn to leave , they couldn't end like this.

"So am I just sex to you Yara? That's it?"

"What else would you need me for Jordan , your hands are full?" Turning to him as she stepped onto his front porch , Yara smiled wryly "That's what we do best Jordan , do you really want to complicate that? Your parties on track as well for tomorrow so don't worry about that."

It was that easy for her to turn to ice. Standing up Jordan groaned before he had an idea.

"I have one request."

"What's that?"

"For tomorrow night , I need you to be the you that I sleep with. The one that's attentive and open , sweet."

"You need me to be your girlfriend?" Yara furrowed her brow at the title "I don't do that besides don't you already have one."

Walking toward her , he caressed her face as he realized what he needed to do.

"Not after tonight I don't."

Conviction , she'd know that look anywhere. Jordan Clarkson meant it and she didn't doubt him but that had no bearing on her relationship with him. Turning her attention to Jayden , Yara kissed the little girl's forehead.

From here on , the little girl's life would change and Yara hoped it would only be for the better.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.6K 4.1K 35
We try to protect someone we love from anyone who will hurt them. Little that we know, we are the one hurting them the most.
20.2K 135 9
i stopped writing this out of respect for jaden.
350K 23.4K 26
❝ Everybody ain't your friend. ❞ ©𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎.
113K 4.6K 33
"𝐚𝐢𝐧'𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐮𝐬 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭, 𝐈 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐡 𝐢𝐭".