The Love Life of a She Wolf (...

By pandorasyfy

All of her life Pandora has been forced to move from one town to the next to conceal her true nature. However... More

Chapter 1 - The First Day and First Meeting
Author's Note
Chapter 2 - The First Transformation
Chapter 3 - The First Touch
Chapter 4 - The First Warning
Chapter 5 - The First Look
Chapter 6 - The First Encounter
Chapter 7 - The First Wolves
Chapter 8 - The First Hope
Chapter 9 - The First Run
Chapter 10 - The First Feeling of Jealousy
Chapter 11 - The First Confrontation
Chapter 12 - The REAL First Meeting
Chapter 13 - The First Fight
Chapter 14 - The First History Lesson
Chapter 15 - The First Adalwolfa
Chapter 16 - The First Flirtation
Chapter 17 - The First Breakup
Chapter 18 - The First Scouts
Chapter 19 - The First Choice
Chapter 20 - The First Alpha
Chapter 21 - The First Pain
Chapter 22 - The First Confession
Chapter 23 - The First Mate
Chapter 24 - The First "Morning" After
Chapter 25 - The First Curse
Chapter 27 - The First Step

Chapter 26 - The First Arrival

11.4K 493 106
By pandorasyfy

Pandora's P.O.V.

“WHAT THE HELL?!?” I screamed. “What do they think they're doing!?! They can't just magic in a freaking castle in the middle of freaking nowhere!!”

Cicero stumbled to his feet and came over to me.

“Adalwolfa please calm down. Normal humans can't see it, only us.” he explained.

“That doesn't explain why they decided to teleport a castle into my backyard!”

“They couldn't take the chance that you decided not to come back with Uncle. So they came here instead.” Cicero said.

“But-!”

As I spoke down to Cicero I noticed something odd about him. He was staring at me and he looked a little flushed.

“Cicero? Are you alright?” I asked as I stepped forward to check on him.

He jumped back quickly while waving his hands.

“No, no, no I'm fine! Really!” he said quickly. “It's just...I wasn't able to see your human form last time.....”

“Is that a problem?” I asked.

Before he could reply I felt someone grab my arm.

“Pandora I think we should head inside now.” Arya said softly while staring at Cicero.

A flash of adrenaline burst through me as I watched Cicero sprint over to Arya's side. She gasped when she realized he was there. To a human it probably seemed like his action was instantaneous.

“How dare you human? To lay a hand on the Adalwolfa and address her so intimately. Any other werewolf without my level of self control would have torn you apart by now.” he growled menacingly.

I immediately stepped forward and pulled Arya behind me.

“Cicero you-”

I was interrupted by the sound of pounding. The ground shook again but not nearly as bad as before.

Pandora....something's wrong.” Lex said as she came to stand next to me.

I know. Something is coming.....it's a group of werewolves!”

A minute later I was proven right as about a dozen men in matching uniforms appeared from the tree line. Without hesitation they sprinted forward and knelt in front of me.

“Good day lady Adalwolfa. As you can see the honorable Roukan had decreed the transfer of their operations to this area to be closer to your home. They wish to meet you as soon as possible and have graced us with the duty of escorting you.” he said grandly.

What the hell? What century does he think he's in?

A familiar scent drifted on the wind as another man stepped forward.

“Hello again Lady Kane. Your human form is just as beautiful as your wolf.”

“Gideon.” I replied.

“I am truly sorry for what has happened. I tried to keep my promise but the lords suspected me of treason when I kept your discovery from them, and I had no choice but to tell the truth.” he explained quietly as his head hung in shame.

Even after talking with him before I still couldn't get used to his formal way of speaking.

“It's alright Gideon I wouldn't want you getting hurt because of me.” I said.

“Can I talk to you inside for a moment?” he asked with a pointed look.

“Sure, but the escorts stay out here.”

“Of course.” Gideon said as he followed me inside.

“Why are all those furballs on my back porch?!” Mom yelled as she sprinted down the stairs.

“Chill Mom. Apparently they're here to take me to the Roukan.” I said.

Mom's face froze for a second before it dropped drastically.

“Crap....” she sighed and shuffled over to the kitchen table to sit down.

“Umm, judging from your calm demeanor I assume you plan on going to the castle.” Gideon said.

“Well it doesn't seem like I have a choice.” I replied.

“Yes well, I brought you aside to explain what will happen and how I think you should arrive.”

“How I should arrive?” I asked.

“I think you should go there in your wolf form. This will immediately showcase your strength and position as well as ward off any.....potential threats.” he explained slowly.

“You mean assassins.” Lex said bluntly.

“Yes. Many will use your arrival to take your power. They've been waiting for this chance since your disappearance.” he said sadly.

“I get it. What else?”

“After your get there you will immediately be brought to a separate room to change and prepare for your banquet.”

My banquet.”

“I say banquet but in actuality it is the conference of political figures who will confirm your power as Adalwolfa and discuss you in general. They will want to know more about you, where you've been, and what your plans are. You should prepare for that.”

Suddenly Arya, who had been silent the whole time, stepped forward.

“Can I come too?” she asked quietly.

“Who is this human?” Gideon asked.

“She is my mate” I said with a prideful smile.

“You have a mate Adalwolfa? My congratulations to you both.” he replied with a grin. “But I must tell you, I think it would be better for her if she stayed be-”

“Wait, I'm not a werewolf?!” Arya yelled.

Oh jeez! I forgot to explain everything!

“Pandora?” she asked with a voice laced with hostility.

“Can you guys give a sec?” I asked.

“Of course Adalwolfa, take all the time you need.” he said with a sympathetic smile.

Don't pity me, ya bastard.

I pulled a very near hysterical Arya aside.

“I'm not a werewolf, am I?” she asked in a deceivingly calm voice.

“No, you're not. The bite will make you my mate, but turning you into a werewolf is....different.” I said slowly.

“How so?” she asked intensely.

“Biting you is how I was able to form a connection or.....channel I guess, for my power to flow into you. Turning someone is much more complicated and a bit more harsh.” I said.

“Well then how do you turn someone.” she asked while leaning forward.

I really didn't want to answer her. At least not now.

“Look Arya, I need to go deal with this and when I come back I'll explain everything. I promise.” I said as I stepped away.

As I turned back to the others I felt tension on my shirt before I was pulled down to stare into her emerald eyes.

“I know what you're doing Pandora Kane. You're avoiding this, but I won't let you. I told you I was ready for everything, so I won't let you wimp out halfway through.” she said with a glare.

“I know you did, I promised I would explain didn't I?” I said meekly.

She released me with a: “hmph!”, before walking back to the others.

I followed behind slowly, feeling mentally exhausted. When I glanced up Gideon was looking at me with pity written all over his face.

“Mates.” he said with a sigh.

As if that one word explained everything that happened. Which oddly enough, it did.

“Mates.” I replied.

The faint sound of a whip echoed in the kitchen and when I turned around I found my own mother giggling in the corner. She was soon joined by a red-faced Lexie moments later.

I'll remember this...

“So what were you saying about bringing Arya?” I sighed.

“Ah, right. This will be the first time anyone has seen you. Many of them will be hostile and take this chance to eliminate you before you have a chance to grow or amass followers. The best way to take down someone stronger than you is to take advantage of their weakness and unfortunately in this case your weakness is...” he said with a pointed look.

“Arya. If she even left my sight for a moment they could snatch her away and she wouldn't even be able to defend herself.” I said quietly.

“Your fault, not mine.” Arya said with another enraged glance.

“Ehem. Well um, your first time there, you should focus on how you wish to present yourself to the others instead of keeping your mate safe. Their first impression of you means everything and they will never forget it. You need to remember, these people may be werewolves but they're also rival leaders who will do anything to take control of you and your power. If not by force then through coercion and black mail.”

“I understand.”

“You should also bring those two with you.” he said while pointing at the twins.

Those two? We have names you know.”

Gideon turned back to me without responding.

“It will reflect well on you if they see that you already subjects loyal to you.”

“But they're not my “subjects” or whatever, they're my friends.” I said.

“It's alright Pandora.” I heard Mace say.

I turned back to see Mace with a smile on his face while Lex stood tall with a smirk.

“It's cool Pan, we've got no problem being your groupies. We were planning on tagging along anyway.” she said with a broad smile.

I nodded my thanks with a grateful smile before glancing over at Mom.

“How do werewolves feel about witches these days?”

He looked down at me with a gentle smile.

“You mother is welcome to come along. Not only is she your kin, but she also carries the Kane name. It holds a lot of weight among the werewolves. The Roukan benefited much when your mother joined your father's family. She is a legend among witches for her advances in magic. Even if most of her work benefited the werewolves.” he said with a grin.

“Really Mom? Sixteen years and not even a peep about you being the walking Holy Grail of Hoodoo?” I asked indignantly.

Mom glared at me.

“Okay first? That hoodoo crack was just insulting. Second? How was I supposed to tell you about my work when you didn't even know I was a witch? No need to get snippy.” she said with a huff as she crossed her arms.

Suddenly I heard load growling and scuffling coming from behind me. I rushed out the door and found chaos.

Several wolves were brawling in my backyard.

From the discarded clothes, it was clear some of them were the guards mixed in with some others I instantly recognized.

I leapt off the porch while simultaneously releasing my power and shifted before I hit the ground. Luckily I was wearing my old pajamas.

STOOOP!” I yelled.

I had put as much power as I could into my words, but I guess I overdid it. As I spoke a dust cloud burst forward from where I stood and when it reached the wolves they all stiffened before dropping to the ground.

As I walked forward I noticed more than a few were shaking.

I guess I've been underestimating the power of an Adalwolf.….Now I just have to clean up this mess.

Everyone stand up and step back.” I said calmly.

All of them did as I said and knelt once the two sides were separated.

What happened?” I asked.

One of the guards who hadn't shifted stepped forward with his face down.

“My apologies for our unseemly behavior Adalwolfa. These wolves arrived shortly after Lord Gideon entered the building so we tried to....subdue them, but they attacked us.” he said slowly.

I listened closely to his heartbeat and it seemed faster than normal and it wasn't just because of me.

So in other words, they arrived and you decided to attack them without provocation or explanation.” I said tightly.

“No we just-”

Assaulted the Alpha of the Twin Moons pack in my backyard without even asking why he was here.

“We were informed that the Twins Moon pack no longer had an Alpha.”

That was true until three days ago when I gave that power to Jonah.” I explained.

As I spoke Jonah himself stepped forward with Adelyn right behind still trying to put her pants on.

“You gave him......My deepest apologies Adalwolfa! I had no idea! Please forgive us!” he cried as he knelt to the ground.

The man genuinely looked scared. So did the others, even the naked men who had shifted back knelt in the dirt.

As I stared at them in shock, Gideon stepped over to my side and whispered.

“You have to understand just how harsh a place the world you are stepping into is. Any other lord would have struck them all down for not “taking care” of any perceivable threats quicker or for attacking your allies. These men truly believe they are going to die.” he said with a incredibly sad expression. “The castle has changed much since your father disappeared.”

“Whose family are they from?” I asked.

“Most are from the Vaughn's, thanks to my influence, but the others are from the Davitts. That family has risen to power recently and are trying to take the Van Drake's place among the Four Families. They were stripped of all power after Ian's uprising.” he explained quickly.

“I won't do anything, this time. Don't let it happen again. You'll have to understand if I don't take kindly to people attacking my...allies.”

Yes Adalwolfa!

The words were echoed by every single man before they stood and formed ranks just like they were when they came. I immediately rushed inside and put on the robe my mom had waiting for me.

“Adalwolfa.” Jonah called as he walked over. “Thanks for that, those guys are strong.”

I guided him and his pack mates into the house while we talked.

“No problem it was partially my fault anyways.” I said with a sigh.

I glanced over to his side where Adelyn was hiding.

“Hi again! Nice moves out there.” I said with a grin.

“T-Thanks.” she said quietly.

“What's wrong?” I asked.

She didn't act like this the last time I saw her and her cheeks were red.

Is she sick?

“Nothing.” she said shortly.

“Are you sure?”

I walked over and put my hand to her forehead.

“Are you sick?” I asked.

“No! I'm fine!”

She backed up so fast even I couldn't see her.

“Hmm. So what are you guys doing here?” I asked Jonah.

“Right before the castle appeared I got a call from the Roukan representatives telling me they would be “arriving shortly for a diplomatic relocation”. I thought it might have something to do with you so I came right over to make sure you were alright.” Jonah said.

“Thanks for the concern but we're fine. These guys came to take me there. Apparently the big wigs want to meet me as soon as possible.”

“So they found out about you?” he asked with concern.

“Yeah.....Hey do you think you and your guys could stick around for a while?” I asked.

“Of course, why?” he asked.

“All of us are leaving and I wanted someone here to look after Arya while I'm gone.” I explained.

“Pandora I don't need anyone to look after me, I'll be fine on my own!” Arya said.

“Arya you're my mate now. Unless you're absolutely safe I won't be able to focus on what I'm doing. Having them here with you is the only way I can know without a doubt that you'll be safe.” I said.

Arya went silent after that. I could feel her acceptance of my reasons and the frustration that came with it.

“You're trusting us with the safety of your mate Adalwolfa? I'm honored.” Jonah said with a slight bow.

“Well I know you well enough by now and with my bond to her and my power in you I'll immediately know if anything is wrong.” I explained.

After the final preparations were done I managed to sneak away with Arya. Before I had a chance to say goodbye her lips were on mine.

The kiss was bittersweet. Filled with her loneliness that echoed my own. I hadn't even left yet but my heart ached at the thought of being away from her for even a moment.

“I don't want you to go.” she said softly.

“We both know I have to. This won't end until I do.” I said as I tightened my grip on her waist.

She hummed her agreement and pressed her nose against my neck breathing deeply.

Desire bloomed in my chest but I managed to push it down before it grew. Arya's soft chuckle let me know I was caught.

“I felt that.” she said.

Slowly Arya leaned forward and captured my ear with her teeth. I sucked in a breath and released it with a growl.

“I'll be sure to take care of it when you get back.” she breathed.

Her scent and warm breath forced my heart to pump faster. As I glanced forward and tried to calm down my eye sight sharpened. In the mirror across from me I could see my own glowing eyes staring back.

“You suck...” I moaned.

“Payback for that thing out there with...what was her name...Adelyn?” she said with an edged voice.

Huh?

“What about Adelyn?” I asked.

Arya sighed dramatically.

“Of all the werewolves in all the world I get stuck with....”

“What?!” I asked.

What does she know that I don't?

“Just get going before I hit you.” she said while pushing me out the door.

After heading into the living room one by one me and the twins shifted before heading outside. The guards knelt as soon as they saw me.

“I'll watch over your mate until you get back, good luck.” Jonah said with a smile.

“Thanks.”

Then we were off. Gideon led the way but the others were insistent on following behind me and my “subjects”. The word still bothered me but I was quickly distracted as we came closer to the castle. The closer we got the bigger it seemed to get and the more intimidated I became.

When we finally reached the gates I was about ready for a mental breakdown.

You've got this Pan, don't let those punks get to you in there. There's a lot more riding on what happens here then just your power. The future of our world is in your hands.” Lex said quietly.

Lexie, you're not helping!” Mace said sternly.

No Mace, she's right. I need to stand my ground, not wimp out before we even step foot in the damn place. Thanks Lex.” I said.

No prob'. That what I'm here for. Give you a confidence boost when you act like a pup and knock you down a bit when you get too big for your britches. Which is saying somethin', considering how fat your as-

Oh look Lex. There's a giant pebble coming up ahead. I hope it doesn't hit anybody....” I muttered softly.

O-Oh?

Hmm I guess we're safe. Hey, Lex? Wanna spar when we get back? I''m sure I'm gonna be pretty tense after this....

S-Sure.....” Lex replied with a defeated sigh.

Please don't break my sister!”Mace cried.

Me and my “fat ass” will have to think about it.” I grumbled.

Despite Lex's questionable delivery I took her advice seriously and tried to calm my heart. Ever so slightly I dipped into my power before breathing in and out deeply. Letting it wash through me.

The calm that followed was a relief and everything I needed to face whatever or whoever was waiting for me inside. As we approached, seemingly on their own, the giant wood gates in front of us opened wide silently.

Taking one more deep breath I stalked forward with new determination.

Hey Pandora? Are you alright?” Mace asked quietly. “Your aura is a bit....hostile..

I got this. These guys ain't gonna know what hit 'em.

Alright!! That was my slightly longer than usual Chapter 26! The greater part of this chapter was totally unplanned and unexpected. I wanted to put a lot more into this section but the longer it got, the more I wanted to post it so I could give you guys something sooner. This chapter is probably a bit messy mostly because I didn't have much time to read through and edit out any obvious mistakes so please bear with me. :P

Slowly but surely Pandora will start to realize what her power means and how important it is to werewolves and the like. That is what I want to focus on in the next few chapters but I also want to expand on the relationships between the different pacts and their leaders in the Roukan so I'm pretty excited to keep writing. :)

I also wanted to have an Arya-centered section where she gets to talk with werewolves other than Pandora and the twins so that should be fun as well.

I hope you guys enjoyed reading this and if you did please leave a comment below and don't forget to click the little vote button!! Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92.3K 4.3K 56
Vampires and SCHOOL‽ Jasmine is new at school but there is one problem... Read to find out! *wink* *wink*
34K 2.5K 23
After nearly two decades of being a species torn apart, the Fae are weighed with the heaviness of restoring what once was. New beginnings, new loves...
332K 2.4K 5
Casey is young. In her mid-twenties she is kind hearted and compassionate but also privileged. When Casey suffers a family tragedy she moves from N...
879K 16.1K 66
(FIRST BOOK) Skylar always tries to think that all is as normal as it seems. But there's so much more to it than normal. She have just lost her pare...