Under my skin

By JuliaGolafshan

A simple walk in the park one day leads Ivy to becoming close friends with Niall Horan, teen heartthrob and m... More

Chapter 1 - Same old, same old.
Chapter 2 - An unexpected meeting
Chapter 3 - Going in circles
Chapter 4 - A boring date, an interesting conversation.
Chapter 5 - A mystery to be solved.
Chapter 6 - Meeting the boys.
Chapter 7 - studying; directioner style.
Chapter 8 - Truth or dare.
Chapter 9 - Old memories come back.
Chapter 10 - Group chat?
Chapter 11 - Open emotion.
Chapter 12 - Mean girls.
Chapter 13 - School heats up.
Chapter 14 - The carrot dance.
Chapter 15 - Excuses to run.
Chapter 16 - A crazy 1D video.
Chapter 17 - You're beautiful.
Chapter 18 - Hatemail.
Chapter 19 - Words cut. Literally.
Chapter 20 - Harry & Nando's.
Chapter 21 - Leaving like Mum.
Chapter 22 - Safe in their arms.
Chapter 23 - Who wouldn't say yes to Niall Horan?
Chapter 24 - Pizza and a boyfriend.
Chapter 25 - Niall finds out the truth.
Chapter 26 - Saved by Nialler.
Chapter 27 - Another scarring mark.
Chapter 28 - Her past comes into the open.
Chapter 29 - Kicked out?
Chapter 30 - A crazy arrangement.
Chapter 32 - The last sleepover.
Chapter 33 - Jetsetter Ivy.
Chapter 34 - Scars are eventually seen.
Chapter 35 - the last night.
Chapter 36 - Save me.
Chapter 37 - Letters and a body.
Chapter 38 - Love Ivy.
Chapter 39 - The past doesn't change.
Chapter 40 - All secrets eventually become known.
Chapter 41 - Reading mail.
Chapter 42 - A new beginning.
Sequel :)

Chapter 31 - Surprise!

3.3K 54 16
By JuliaGolafshan

*Author’s note*

This chapter is dedicated to the lovely Hannah Smith, who won the Masterchef competition at our high school, TWICE in 2 years!! Congratulations, I'm really happy for you! 

I am SO sorry it took me so long to update - I've been sick, and it's my mum's birthday... so yeah. But I will try to keep updating a lot faster, SO SO sorry guys <3 

Please keep reading!!! 

Hope you enjoy this chapter :) <3 xoxo

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 31 - @Julia_Golafshan (twitter)

 *Ivy’s POV*

“Um… You know what guys? I don’t feel very good about that idea… do you mind if I take the pictures myself? I would feel more comfortable doing that.”

I bit my lip and prayed they would let me, mentally crossing my fingers.

Both of the men looked at each other and nodded; Niall asked me if I was sure.

“Yes – I can handle this,” I said, and gave him a hug.

Then I was given a camera by the two men, and I went into the bathroom.

I couldn’t take pictures of anywhere where I had cut myself, which pretty much ruled out my arms and legs, so I took photos of my stomach, and my face, and carefully took pictures of my bruised arms and legs, but from angles where you couldn’t see my scars.

When I was satisfied, I took a deep breath, and walked out to Niall and the men, handing them the camera.

“The pictures are on there, if you want to check,” I said quietly, and one of them flicked through the pictures, nodding to the other guy that they were on there.

“There is one more thing,” Niall spoke up, “I took some photos on my phone of the damage at Ivy’s house, just before we left, and I have them as evidence. Should I give them to you?”

“That would be useful for court as first-hand evidence, so yes please, I can transfer them now.”

The men and Niall went off to get the photos to the men, so I went and sat with the four lads, who were discussing with the third CPS guy and Paul how they lived like.

It was actually quite interesting, and I listened to the details of their travelling and touring, and just how it all worked.

Believe me, as much as I was in awe of what was happening, they did so many things! I don’t think anyone realizes how hard they work, except for Paul and the boys – even the CPS guy looked a bit shocked.

“With all these things going on, is this going to be a suitable environment? Can you still look after Ivy adequately with this amount of busyness in your lives?”

“Definitely,” said Liam, “just because we might be busy doesn’t mean we won’t be good carers for Ivy.”

How sweet is he!

Finally, it seemed that the plans were finalized; I would be doing so many things with the boys that it seemed I was a sixth member of one direction.

I would live in the same places, travel in the same buses, the same planes and the same cars, and going to their concerts – although not performing, obviously.

I took in a deep breath: this was going to be my new life – no more abusing dad, no more hurtful evenings.

But living my life with five caring, sweet, funny guys who I got on with so well!

Niall appeared with the men, who had gotten the photos transferred, and bidding everyone farewell, the three men left.

Since Niall was back, Paul let him know the details; tomorrow afternoon at 4pm we would all be leaving to go to the next location; Italy.

The boys all cheered, and together we had a group hug, and it was then I knew I felt safest with these boys.

“Now Ivy, do you have any business you need to attend to before we depart tomorrow?” Paul seemed so concerned, and I knew I could not only trust the boys, but I could also trust him.

“Well, I’ll need to get more of my things since I’m moving, but could we please do that tomorrow? I don’t want to go back there… at least not right now.”

“That’s fine!” interrupted Zayn, “and when we go, we shall call for law enforcement so your father can’t try anything, alright?”

I nodded, and remembered I had to call Beck – “Guys, do you mind if I call Beck back? She was really upset, and I told her I would…”

“From now on, you have no need to ask – what is ours is yours,” stated Harry simply, and they all gave me a group hug again.

“Thank you.” I said quietly, looking at the ground, and Niall squeezed my hand.

“Go make your phone call, the rest of us are going to start packing.” At this, he looked at the rest of the boys, who all groaned, and I burst out laughing.

I went into my room to make the call, and held my breath as I pressed call.

She answered nearly straight away, and sounded as demanding and upset as before. I sighed – if she was already mad, how was she going to react to me telling her that I was leaving?

“Ivy, it took you forever to call me! Seriously, I’m so upset right now.”

It took all my willpower not to scream down the phone at her, instead I breathed in and out, and spoke in a calming voice.

“I’m sorry, I could only just call you back, and if you want an explanation, I can give one to you right now. “

“Excuses won’t make up for it, but you can try,” she said in a very spoilt way; I rolled my eyes at her, once she listened, she would understand.

She never normally acted like this, but who knows? I guess that’s what guys can do to women.

“Before I start, you should know that… I’m moving from England Beck. Permanently.”

There was silence on the other end of the line – I wish I could have seen the look on her face.

When she finally spoke, she sounded stunned, and very surprised.

“But why now? You never even mentioned anything about it? Is it to do with your dad’s job?”

I laughed dryly.

“It’s to do with my dad, but not his job… Child protection services separated us.”

I told her what had happened in the last couple of days, and we talked and talked for about 60 minutes – it was a bit frustrating because there was a lot of background noise the whole time, but then I heard a knock on my door.

“Hold on a sec babe, one of the boys is at my door.”

I opened the door, and Zayn was there, smiling broadly.

“There’s someone here for you,” he grinned, and stepped to the other side.

From behind him appeared Beck; I stood there with my mouth open.

She looked serious at first, but then she started laughing, and I started laughing too.

We gave each other a huge hug, and she pulled a white bag out of her bag. I looked at it curiously, and she pulled out about six bags of lollies.

I did a mini-dance, and we both started giggling without stopping – only after about two minutes of the girl-craziness did I realize that Zayn was still standing at our door, laughing at us.

I poked my tongue out at him, and we closed the door, yelling, “Sorry Zayn!!”

Both of us collapsed on the floor, and Beck started a whole other round of laughing.

“I can’t believe I just shut the door on ZAYN MALIK!”

We kept laughing, and it felt like old times again: I guess that explained why there was so much background noise – Becky came and surprised me at the hotel, just like an amazing best friend.

But why exactly was she here when we had just been talking on the phone?

“So Beck,” I asked slowly, “How come you came here all of a sudden?” 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

203K 3.7K 33
Cutting. That's all Mackenzie can think about. Suicide. She's tried. Her parents get annoyed with her relapses and sends her to her aunt in London. W...
10.6K 263 20
Louis Tomlinson has changed and his band mates don't know why. Harry Styles has been asked by Simon Cowell to bring Louis back and save their band On...
2.1M 44.5K 26
Scarlett is abused. Abused by the only person she has left. She turns to music to help her enjoy life. But when her father disapproves of her passion...
1.8K 96 30
Delilah loves her life. Well, since she ran away from her uncle to live with Niall and Harry she loves it. What happens when she lives with the only...