My Brothers

By gracegxlee

Evanna, who just woke up from her suicide attempt caused by the continuous abuse and bullying she went throug... More

Here We Go Again!
Chapter 1: It's Hard To Trust Others
Chapter 2: The Truth Becomes Revealed
Chapter 3: Awkward Family Breakfast
Chapter 4: Welcome Back To Hell
Chapter 5: Jayden And Cathryn
Chapter 6: A Stupid Family Reunion
Chapter 7: I Actually Did It
Chapter 8: Valentine's Day
Chapter 9: I'm Okay
Chapter 10: My Old Friend's Back
Chapter 11: My Mom
Chapter 12: Binge Eating Episode
Chapter 13: School Test Results
Chapter 14: Crime
Chapter 15: Getting Lost
Chapter 16: Party and Sneaking Out
Chapter 17: Sibling Arguments
Chapter 18: Broken, Broken, and Even More Broken
Chapter 19: The Chaotic Mess In My Life
Chapter 20: After School Accidents
Chapter 21: Swimming? For the Third Time...
Chapter 22: My Stupid Therapy Session
Chapter 23: April Fools Day
Chapter 24: Last Day Of School
Chapter 25: Hair Surpise
Chapter 26: First Day In School
Chapter 28: Mia's Story
Chapter 29: Mia's Family, Alex's Date
Chapter 30: Another Friend, But It's A Guy
Chapter 31: Why Do I Have That Drawing?
Chapter 32: Lies And Trouble
Chapter 33: Getting Caught
Chapter 34: Taking Our First Test
Chapter 35: Misunderstandings
Chapter 36: The Whole Squad Back Together. And Split Up Again
Chapter 37: Graduation
Chapter 38: Separated
Chapter 39: Andrew's Gone
Chapter 40: The Truth Part 1
Chapter 41: The Truth Part 2
Chapter 42: Daniel's Birthday
Chapter 43: Times Square Part 1
Chapter 44: Times Square Part 2
Chapter 45: NYC Accidents
Chapter 46: Fighting With Andrew
Chapter 47: Family Argument
Chapter 48: Brandon Throws A Party
Chapter 49: Trust Broken Twice Along With A Broken Heart
Chapter 50: Something's Wrong
Chapter 51: The Bridge
Chapter 52: Two Decisions
Chapter 53: The Big Fight
Chapter 54: Playing In Rain
Chapter 55: Are They A Stalker?
Chapter 56: Going Back To The Accident
Chapter 57: Homecoming Proposal
Chapter 58: Drama With Andrew
Chapter 59: Family Struggles
Chapter 60: Homecoming Night
Chapter 61: Mia's Goodbye
please read :)
Chapter 62: Finally Back.
Chapter 63: Jayden's Girlfriend
Chapter 64: Alex's Wallet
Chapter 65: Three Against Six
Chapter 66: Bottling It Up

Chapter 27: My First Friend

33.1K 1K 2.6K
By gracegxlee

E V A N N A

"Hi class, I'm your home room teacher, Mrs. Wilson," The teacher smiled. She had medium length auburn hair, with a beautiful smile and pretty eyes. She was tall and was really pretty.

I was sitting in the middle row, already with assigned seats. I was sitting next to some boy and a girl.

"You will come to this class in the beginning of the day for 15 minutes to go over everything with me. You will have first period here, so I'll just switch classes with your teachers. If you don't have first period here, you go to your class. If you're here, you should have Honors Physics. Besides that, I'll just talk to you about some rules.

First, we have the basic ones, and you guys are old enough to know them, right? Respect others, respect your teachers, respect people's property, and respect the rules. Don't run in the hallways, if you're late 3 times, that's detention.

And one of our most important rule, one we will always enforce no matter what is bullying will not be tolerated."

I mentally rolled my eyes. They don't do crap about it.

After Mrs. Wilson explained the classes in detail, we went around to look at each of our classes to see what we were doing.

And I regretted my choices a lot.

First period was Honors Physics, then it was Honors Algebra 2, then AP government. Then I had AP English and language Arts, and then I had my lunch. That meant I was in lunch 1. Finally I had Honors Chorus and Honors Spanish. My last class was going to be PE.

Two AP courses, 5 Honors classes. This was going to be the death of me.

One thing I really liked about this school was that we had 10 minute breaks in between each class. How amazing is that?

This school was literally my dream school. It was so nice here. I wanted to leave though, because I was still extremely nervous about all this new school thing.

We went back to Mrs. Wilson's class so she could talk about something.

"In the morning, I just need help with something. I need help organizing my files, cleaning up the room, and helping me prepare for class. Is anyone willing to volunteer? You don't have to," Mrs. Wilson said. "You just need to come a little earlier. Since class starts at 8, I need someone to get here around 7:30."

No one answered but since it's a new school, I decided why not get close to one of a teacher? It didn't sound that bad either.

I raised my hand shyly and smiled at her.

"Oh!" She exclaimed with a really big smile. "Oh, thank you. I'm so glad someone volunteered. Everyone can head out to the entrance, Mrs. Deral is going to talk to you about the campus. Evanna, can you stay here so we can talk?"

I nodded, and soon, everyone started heading out.

Mrs. Wilson came over to me. "Thank you for volunteering. Not a lot of kids want to do this."

I smiled. "Oh, you're welcome..."

"I wish I had another person, but we can do some stuff by ourselves until then. All you have to do is just help me around before class starts. Is that okay?"

I nodded. "Sure."

She laughed softly. "Okay, thank you. You can go out to Mrs. Deral now."

I got up and thanked her again before leaving.

MY BROTHERS

"How was the new school?" Ethan asked.

I couldn't help but smile. "It's so cool. The inside is so pretty and it looks so nice! The teachers are really nice, there's dorms, there's breaks in between classes—"

I stopped when I noticed Ethan just staring at me, staring deep into my eyes with a small smile. "What?"

Ethan snapped out of his thoughts. "Hmm?"

"Where you staring at me like that?" I asked.

He smiled. "Just wondering how I got someone so adorable and amazing as my sister."

I looked away, rolling my eyes playfully. "Whatever."

He chuckled softly before opening the door and walking inside. Everyone ran up to me and started questioning me about my school.

"E-Evvy?" Jayden groaned, walking up to me. He hugged me and rested his head on my shoulder. "I feel terrible."

I hugged him back tightly. "Hey JJ."

"My head hurts, I feel like throwing up every second."

"Why'd you eat the brownies?"

"I didn't know..."

I laughed when we parted and Jayden dropped onto the couch, closing his eyes. Andrew and Alex smiled guiltily.

"I'm just glad you had a good day," Alex said, smiling.

"But guess who got suspended?" Andrew laughed. "We were making tik toks in school—"

"Dude, shut up!" Daniel smacked Andrew. "No one cares about your stupid tik tok account!"

"Hey kids!" Mom's voice appeared out of nowhere. She walked in the house with a suitcase. Dad followed after her.

"Hey guys," Dad said, putting his stuff to the side of the counter. "Are you hungry?"

"Kinda," Alex said.

"Wanna go out for dinner?"

"It's like 4," Andrew pointed out.

Dad smiled. "Doesn't matter. Where do you guys want to go?"

"I don't want to go. I'm too... too tired," Jayden groaned.

"What's wrong?" Mom asked, rushing to Jayden. "Are you feeling okay?"

"My head hurts, I'm dizzy, I feel lightheaded, I threw up three times—"

"Oh you must be sick!" Mom exclaimed.

"Y-yeah!" Ethan coughed. "He's sick. Really sick. Sick. He's sick."

"You repeated that way too many times," Alex said.

"I'll stay home with Jayden. I think I'm also sick too," Daniel muttered, sighing. "I'm too exhausted."

"The rest of you want to go out?" Dad asked.

"I mean, why not," Brandon grumbled.

"Okay, where do you want to go?"

"Felock's Stormhpuse," Ethan said. "Just opened. It's a few minutes away."

"Then let's go," Dad said, smiling.

Mom came back with medicine for Jayden and Daniel. After, we all got into separate cars and drive to the place. Dad and Mom went together while the rest went together.

"What's there?" I asked.

"Food," Ethan replied.

"Yeah, I know," I said, rolling my eyes. "What kind of food?"

"Barbecue, steak, salads, I don't know."

"All the stuff I don't like," I sighed.

"You don't like anything," Brandon said. "You gotta try new stuff."

I frowned and sighed, grabbing my phone. "I don't want to go. I just want to stay home and sleep."

"I'm sure you do, but I'll let you wear my hoodie if you come," Ethan said.

"Deal."

Ethan smiled and threw me his hoodie, and he was over 6'3, so this hoodie was going to be huge, but I didn't care. I put it on top of my short sleeve shirt because I was too lazy to actually change and went to the car with Ethan. I sat in the back, snuggling in the huge, comfortable hoodie.

"After lunch, let's get ice cream, okay?" Ethan said. "And then let's—"

"Can we go to the gym? I haven't been there for ages," Brandon said. "Gotta get these abs back into shape."

"Abs? You mean flabs," Alex said under his breath.

"On the way let's go to the ring," Brandon growled, throwing a death stare at Alex. "I got someone to beat up."

"Woah, so violent," Alex said, mockingly.

Brandon tried to grab him from the passenger seat, but Ethan grabbed his sleeve and pulled him back.

"Hey, stop it," Ethan muttered. "I can't deal with you two fighting all the time."

Once we got there, we went in and went to the tables our parents were sitting at.

I sat down next to Andrew and Alex, grabbing the menu. I scanned through it curiously, reading each dish and how much it costs... and how much calories it was.

It was a habit I never seem to break out of. Some menus don't have calories and I remembered once I had a panic attack in a restaurant because of it.

My heart clenched but I pushed down the feeling.

I have to get better. I will get better.

"Okay, everyone order," Dad said as the waitress came up to our table.

"Hi, I'm Cathy," The waitress said, pushing her beautiful black curls over her shoulder. "I'll be your waiter for today, how may I help you?"

"I'll get a large steak please, medium rare," Dad ordered.

"I'll have a Barbecue Set, number 5," Mom said, smiling. "Thank you."

"Can I get seasoned steak wings? With extra spice," Ethan said.

"I'll take Fire Chicken Barbecue Wraps," Brandon added.

"I'll have the same thing as him," Andrew told her.

"Can I get boneless chicken wings? Mild sauce please," I quietly said.

We turned to Alex so he could order but he was staring at the waitress. She looked up to meet his eye and I tapped Alex's thigh.

"Your turn," I said.

Alex blinked a couple times and snapped back into reality. "H-huh? Oh, oh, yeah... can I get... barbecue ribs? T-thanks."

The waitress, Cathy, smiled and nodded. "Sure thing. Do you want to order drinks?"

"Coke? Anyone?" Dad asked.

Brandon snorted. "Ooh, dad, never thought you were a dru—"

"Brandon!" Mom snapped. "I want Sprite, please."

"I'll take some," Ethan said, but busted out laughing right after.

Now it felt awkward to say I wanted some too, but I smiled and said, "Me too."

"I want Sprite," Andrew said.

"I'll get Coke," Brandon said after his laughter died down.

"And... and I-I will get... Sprite," Alex muttered.

"Three Sprite, four Coke, thank you," Ethan told Cathy.

She smiled again and took the menus. "I'll be right back."

Once she left, Andrew started laughing at Alex. "You should've seen your face!"

Ethan mimicked him by pretending to stare off into space with his mouth open. "You were literally like this."

Alex blushed slightly as he flicked Ethan off under the table so our parents couldn't see.

"When she asked you for your order you should've said, 'I'll have you'" Brandon said, shaking his head. "You're usually good at getting girls, but look at you... whipped."

Alex cleared his throat. "Shut up. Mind your own business."

I smiled. "Do you like her? Do you think she's pretty?"

Alex stared at me. "No. No, no, no, no, no. I don't like her."

"Did you just develop a crush on her?" I asked.

Alex rolled up a piece of tissue and threw it at my head. "Shut up, Evanna. You're supposed to be on my side."

"I think she's pretty," I said, teasing him. "You should go ask her out or get her number—"

Alex covered my mouth with his hand. "I swear—"

"Hey, Hey, Hey," Mom said, calming everyone down. "Let's not start a scene here, kids."

Cathy came back with our drinks first. "Here you guys go. Is there anything else I can get for you while the food's coming?"

"You can give him your number," Andrew said, pointing to Alex.

Cathy raised her eyebrow. "You guys are twins. This is my first ever time seeing real life twins."

Alex laughed awkwardly as he ran his hand through his hair. "Don't listen to my brother. It-It's nothing."

Cathy had a small smile on her face as she walked out.

Alex groaned and buried his face in his hands. "You guys are actually the worst."

Ethan smiled. "What are brothers for?"

A guy came in with two trays and put them on the table next to ours. Cathy came in behind him with another tray.

They started handing out everyone's food and everyone started eating, including me. It was hard at first, trying to get the food into my mouth without wanting to throw it back out.

"How's everyone's food?" Cathy asked, coming to our table with a smile.

"Oh, it's delicious," Mom answered, smiling.

"I agree, it's really good," Dad added.

"I'm glad you're satisfied," Cathy said, and then turned to us. "How about you guys?"

Alex choked on his food and started coughing harshly. My other brothers bursted into laughter but Cathy ran over to Alex and placed her hand on his back, asking if he was okay.

Alex started choking and coughing even more, as Cathy grabbed his water and gave it to him.

"Are you okay?" She asked worriedly.

"Not anymore," Andrew said, laughing.

Alex finally collected himself again and tried to calm down. "I'm okay. Thanks..."

Cathy frowned. "Are you sure?"

Alex nodded. "Yeah, thank you..."

Cathy gave him one last worried look and left. Alex let out a breath he was holding and groaned once again.

"I'm so stupid," he muttered.

"You're not stupid, don't say that," Mom said, clueless."

"Momm!" Alex groaned, embarrassed.

After we all finished eating, Cathy came back to our table.

"I hope you guys all had a wonderful time!" Cathy said, grinning.

"I'm sure Alex did," Brandon said, smirking.

Cathy gave the bill to Dad and he paid for it. We all got up and while we were walking to the exit, Cathy stopped us.

"Do you want some treats?" She asked us.

"Sure," Ethan said, smiling.

Cathy gave all of us peppermints and candies. They were all wrapped and put in tiny boxes. I thanked her and got one. We all then left to the car and I opened mine, tossing a mint in my mouth.

"Oh my—" Alex's mouth dropped open. I went up to him to see what happened and he was holding a piece of paper in his hand.

"Hey, wanna hang out sometimes? 253-527-8373"

My smile was so big, I didn't think I could smile even bigger than that. "Aww!"

"Oh yeah, my brother got himself a girl," Ethan said, ruffling his hair.

Alex was too stunned to react. "H-Holy shit, is this real? I'm dreaming, aren't I? Someone pinch me—"

And so Andrew did.

"Ow!" Alex exclaimed, kicking Andrew's shin. "Bastard."

"You told me too!" Andrew argued, kicking him back.

"Will you guys stop for fuck's sake?" Ethan asked, smacking both of them.

Alex tolled his eyes. "Whatever. I can't believe I got her number."

All of a sudden, a random question popped into my head.

"When can I get a boyfriend?" I asked.

"I fucking dare you," Ethan said.

"Get one, and you'll never see daylight again," Andrew said.

Brandon shoved me lightly. "The fuck you talking about? You can't get one until you're in college."

"Boyfriend? You must be crazy," Alex muttered, shaking his head. "Boyfriend? Boyfriend?"

I stared at them. "I mean... college? At least high school—"

Brandon covered my mouth with his hand. "Shut up. Shut up. Stop talking."

I shoved his hand away but smiled. Maybe right now I'm enjoying all of this overprotectiveness thing, but I'm not even kidding, it's going to kill me one day. I wonder when that is.

MY BROTHERS

I knocked on Mrs. Wilson's door and she opened it, smiling widely.

"Hey, Evanna. I hope waking up wasn't too much of a trouble?" She said.

"It wasn't bad," I said, laughing. "So... do I just... help? Or..."

"Yeah, you can help wipe the tables, set them into place, clean the floors," Mrs. Wilson said. "I wish you had someone else to help..."

"I've never been in a school like this," I told her. "Most schools are trash and their classrooms are messed up."

"Exactly why we try to keep it clean around here," she chuckled. "I'm gonna get some papers from Mrs. Deral. You can start getting the class ready."

"Okay," I said, smiling.

As she walked out, she looked behind her shoulder and told me, "You seem like a really sweet girl. I can't wait to get to know you more."

And she left.

That made me feel really happy for some reason. And to be honest, this whole cleaning thing wasn't bad. It felt.... refreshing, in a way.

I managed to find the water, wipes, and other cleaning materials and I liked being alone in this nice classroom. I set up the tables and the chairs and Mrs. Wilson came back in with the files.

"Oh, thank you, honey," Mrs. Wilson said. "I can't believe it's almost June." (a/n: time skip sometimes, im sorry~)

"Yeah, one more month of school and its summer break," I said, sighing. "I can't wait."

"Class is staring soon, so people will probably start coming in now." She placed the files on her desk. "Once again, thank you so much. I really appreciate it."

"No problem," I said sweetly.

"Tell me." She looked at me with a curious face. "Do you have any siblings?"

"Yes, actually," I answered. "I have 6 siblings."

"Really?" Her eyes widened. "I have 5. They're all younger than me though."

"I'm the youngest out of them. They're all brothers, too," I added.

"How funny, I'm the only girl too," Mrs. Wilson said, laughing.

"Morning, Mrs. Wilson," A kid murmured, walking past us.

"Well, I guess class is starting," Mrs. Wilson muttered, standing up as kids flooded in the class. "Okay, everyone take a seat! Morning everyone! Let's start this day off strong, okay? 15 minutes of homeroom, then Honors Physics! If you don't have me, go to your class afterwards!"

So basically in homeroom, we learned that it was a competitive school. And when I say competitive, I mean competitive. There was a whole ranking system for each grades, even 8th grade. That means it was a competition between the whole grade, based on our knowledge, skill, test scores, etc. The ranking for our grade was going to be out of around 60 kids, and I was determined to get at least into the top 20.

But to be honest, I did not understand how this would work if everyone had different level classes and different courses. However, Mrs. Wilson explained later that it was just going to be Progress Check rankings, except we get a Progress Check exam every week.

Shit.

Once she was done, the bell rang.

Then we proceeded to class.

We basically learned the basics of Honors Physics and got our vocabulary terms and a textbook, a notebook for Physics, and the class curriculum. We went over what we would be studying and the bell rang.

Since it was a 10 minute break, some kids went up to others and started talking, already friends from old schools or they made on that easily. I sat there alone, nervously shaking my leg because I felt like people were judging me because I was by myself.

"H-hey," I heard a quiet voice from behind me.

I turned around and was met with a pretty Asian girl, smiling shyly at me. "H-hi..."

She sat down in the empty desk next to me and laughed awkwardly. "I-I'm Mia."

I smiled at her. "I'm Evanna."

"You have a really pretty name," she said, still nervously laughing.

"Oh, thanks," I replied, smiling even wider. "Your name's pretty too."

"I don't know how I got into this school..." Mia said. "I didn't think I was qualified enough... Or because I wasn't available here for this district..."

"Did you originally live here? Or..."

She tucked her straight, medium length black hair behind her ears. "I was born in Korea, actually. I moved here last year. But I learned English really quickly."

"That's cool," I said, smiling. "Do you have any siblings?"

I didn't know why, but that was just a question people seem to ask all the time. It helps know them better, I guess.

"Yeah..." She muttered, the sparkle in her brown eyes disappearing for a second. "An older brother and sister. My brother is 19 years old and my sister is 18."

Something about it made it seem sad. She seemed unhappy when saying it. But she shook it off and put on a smile. "What about you?"

But I didn't like people asking me this question anymore, because I felt like people will act like I'm attention seeking or spoiled because of it. "I have... 6... older... brothers."

"Seriously?"

I laughed. "Yeah."

"That's so cool!"

"Right now it is, but soon, I'm sure they'll start treating me like their actual sister," I said without thinking.

She had a confused expression on her face so I said, "They're my step brothers. They're treating me like a princess but I'm sure that'll fade away soon."

"Oh," I looked up. "Do we have any classes together?"

Mia took out her schedule and put it on my desk so we could look at it together. "We have homeroom, science, government, english, lunch, and chorus together. PE too."

I smiled. Maybe this was my chance of making a best friend with multiple classes together. After all the times I've been mistreated by my friends, I hoped I could actually make a friend for the rest of high school.

The bell finally rang again and some kids left and other kids came in. Mia went back to her seat after smiling at me one last time and class started for physics.

***
Guess what? I uploaded this but the notification isn't showing and I'm triggered.

I'm sorry if you didn't get the notification, I don't know why it's not working. If anyone knows why, please let me know! :))

And I think uploading with my usual 2-5 day thing isn't working 😭 I seem to be needing at least a week, but I promise I won't do that 3 week break without telling you guys. Instead, I'll just take a little more time to write every single day to get it to you as fast as I can.

And this school's kinda crazy and unrealistic but I don't care, because it's a lot more fun that way :)

What do you think about Mia?

<3
Vote
Comment
Share
:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2M 139K 74
Evanna Halls, a 12 year old girl tries to overcome her mental illnesses while dealing with bullies in school and a divorce from their parents. After...
235 80 23
Growing up in a toxic environment, sixteen-year-old Jay Foster has always had psychological problems, coupled with a quick temper. But one night some...
61.1K 1.1K 25
This is the sequel to Bullied By My Brothers. If you haven't already, I would definitely recommend to read that book first! -------------------- Elli...
30.5K 1.3K 117
"It's getting harder each day, so much harder. It drains me to have to constantly put up a mask, hiding how I really feel behind a smile that isn't e...