Fury Rider (A Httyd Fanfictio...

By Snapmite1998

Toothless is dead. Killed by Astrid Hofferson and all of Berk praises her for slaying the infamous dragon. Wi... More

Chapter 1: Defying death
Chapter 2: Recovered
Chapter 3: Meeting the Hydra
Chapter 4: Battle of titans
Chapter 5: Meeting Danes
Chapter 6: Proposition
Chapter 7: Hail King Hiccup
Chapter 8: Scouting the prize
Chapter 9: Confession
Chapter 10: Siege of Paris
Chapter 11: Five years later
Chapter 12: A mother never forgets
Chapter 13: Back from the dead
Chapter 14: I trust you
Chapter 15: Your past comes back to haunt you
Chapter 16: Promise
Chapter 17: Returning the bitter favor
Chapter 18: Bloodbath part I
Chapter 20: Vengeance is claimed

Chapter 19: Bloodbath part II

4.9K 69 70
By Snapmite1998

(Astrid's pov)

That... that was a bloodbath! I have never in my life seen a dragon of that size nor caliber before, but the giant tore apart Ivar's fleet and now what was once four thousand ships strong Stone-head ships was now reduced to only fifty. Our once combined fleet of fifty thousand was now reduced to eight hundred in thirty minutes tops, thanks to the traitor Valka Haddock and her swarm of dragons and massive sea monster.

I could see Hiccup and his Danish fleet right on our tail and I knew that we had very little time before we would be engaged by the enemy once again. Stoick himself looked broken, he looked like he wanted nothing more than to make all of this just... go away. If only it were that easy.

Finally touching down on the beach of the island, we all dismounted in silence, offloaded the ships in silence and gathered our forces as one and just ran as fast as our legs could carry us.

BOOM!!

A series fireballs rained down upon us and I looked up to swarms of dragons above us began dive bombing down on us and ultimately scattering our forces, leaving every tribe for itself. I watched in horror as my friends, allies and fellow comrades were being blown to bits, snatched off the ground and then being dropped hundreds of feet back down to Midgard and watching so many of my brothers and sisters being burned to an unrecognizable crisp.

Suddenly, the banshee like whistle of a Night Fury's was heard, out of nowhere, six highly concentrated blasts were fired and sent many off us flying into the air and tumbling back on the ground roughly and violently. I groaned in pain as I looked up to see the biggest Night Fury out of the other five and could see Hiccup wielding... a sword of flame as he then pointed directly towards Ivar the Witless's forces, his Night Fury's maw glowed with blood red crimson and fired, the crimson fire sent Ivar's people flying in all directions while being engulfed in crimson fire.

My ears were ringing as my mind screamed at me to get up and run, I tried to get back up but I cried out in agony as I looked down in horror to see my right leg wasn't on my body. As I crawled desperately, I heard Sihtric's cries of horror and panic at my condition and knelt by my side. "Oh gods. Astrid, your leg..."

"...Is gone! Yes I know that Sihtric!" I snarled out at him, he murmured an apology and was about to stop the bleeding when a flaming sword embedded itself deeply into his chest. "SIHTRIC!!" I cried out in horror as I watched the man I loved die before my eyes, before I could pull out the flaming sword, a Night Fury landed right in front of me and bore its razor sharp teeth at me, its face was etched with sheer hatred towards me and I could tell it wanted to kill me.

"Oh, look how the mighty have fallen."

Looking up, Hiccup had a murderous grin plastered on his face and the sight caused chills of fear to crawl down my spine. He then slid off his dragon and dislodged his sword from Sihtric's corpse and approached me slowly, causing me to back up as quickly as I could, however, the five other Night Fury's landed around me and prevented my escape. I could see each of the five other Night Fury's had riders on their backs, Danes to be exact and I could only assume these were the five other Danish kings and queens who are allied with Hiccup.

"You took away not only the only living being I cared about in Midgard five years ago Astrid, but you took away a brother away from these six Night Fury's that you see." Hiccup said while gesturing to each Fury. They were all crouched on low on all fours and bore their teeth at me while slowly creeping closer to me. I whimpered in pure terror as I realized that I was going to be torn apart, looking to Hiccup, I cried out. "HICCUP PLEASE!!! Forgive me!!" His face was devoid of any emotion and his only eyes were filled with pure hatred towards me as he then spat out.

"You'll find no forgiveness from me."

Before I could speak, one of the Night Fury's sank their teeth into my left shoulder and began to thrash violently, the other four pounced at me and I let out a blood curdling scream as two of them sank their teeth into both my legs, two of them took both my arms and Hiccup's Fury slowly crouched towards me until it loomed just above my head. I closed my eyes and whimpered as I felt its hot breath on my face and saliva dripping on my cheeks and then a pair of jaws snapped around my neck and I tried screaming I was losing blood at an alarming rate.

Looking around me, I saw two Night Fury's with each of my legs in their mouths and another two with my arms in their mouths, I could feel myself losing consciousness fast and as I was about to enter the afterlife, the last thing I ever saw was Hiccup's Fury closing its jaws around my face and then everything went black.

(Hiccup's pov)

I watched with satisfaction and pure pleasure at the sight of Blaze, Azure, Lavender, Aqua, Ragejaw and Craven tearing Astrid to bloody pieces. As her blood soaked Midgard, I felt a weight lift off my shoulders, Toothless's death was avenged and I see no reason why my long dead friends family exact their revenge against their brothers killer.

As the Fury's finally backed off Astrid's bloody mangled corpse, I could see the Fury's spitting out her limbs and pieces of her flesh with utter disgust and then making their way back to their respective riders. When Blaze backed up, Astrid's head slid off his blood caked teeth and tongue, as well as bits of her flesh and bone, when he mangled head fell on the grass with a splat, I inhaled sharply at spat on the head. "Blood for blood. Your debt is paid." Turning to Gunhild, Frodo, Haesten, Aslaug and Hild, I nod at them and simply say.

"Lets finish this."

(Normal pov)

Stoick watched in horror as his fellow allies and warriors were all but wiped out by his wife's dragons, though handfuls of the best Vikings amongst them remained, they all rallied to Stoick for a final stand and a last ditch effort possible look for a way to survive the bloodbath. But before we could even think about running any further, I was then struck by a fire ball directly in the chest, hurling me back several feet and I groaned in sheer agony as the fire burned away my flesh, muscle, bone and spirit.

Looking up, I could see Valka's dragon was my attacker and the dragons maw steamed out smoke, my wife then slid off her dragon and the drew a sword strapped to her belt and approached me. Shaking my head in disbelief at this, I slowly retreated as I remembered Sigurd the Wise's words enter my mind.

"Stoick the Vast himself? He will meet his end by... someone he once believed to have perished by dragons."

The Hooligan chieftain tried speaking, but the three inch hole in his chest made it almost impossible and caused the man to cry out in agony. When Valka stood above Stoick, the man managed to merely wheeze out. "V-Val..." Stoick then reached his hand out for his wife, but instead of taking it, Valka swatted the hand away and plunged the sword she wielded into Stoick's abdomen, causing blood to seep out of the mans mouth and the Hooligan chieftain cried out in agony as Valka twisted the blade inside his abdomen.

"For your actions? You must pay with your life." Valka said as she then dislodged the sword out of her husbands abdomen and then left Stoick to bleed out. The man himself felt tears of regret and sorrow flow down his cheeks as he tried reaching out for his wife one last time. "V-Valka..." But he ultimately succumbed to his wounds and fell back, dead.

Whilst Valka's dragon swarm had completely surrounded what was left of the Hairy Hooligan, Stone-head, Bog and Meathead Vikings since the Thunderhead and Tree-root forces were currently being ripped to pieces by Hiccup's own dragon swarms. Hiccup himself approached those of the highest ranking amongst the six Viking tribes. Spitelout and Gobber were all that stood for the Hairy Hooligans, Ivar the Witless stood alone, Big Boobied Bertha for the Bogs, Mogadon for the Meatheads.

"Traitor!" Spitelout snarled out as he spat on Hiccup's boots, the young Danish king turned to his uncle and slit his throat open with Inferno, causing blood to spray out of the elder Jorgensons neck and then fall face first into the ground. Hiccup then approached Gobber and shook his head at his old blacksmith teacher. "Why would you return here Gobber? You were safe and far from my wrath." Gobber nodded at his former apprentices words and replied. "I came back to try and steer you away from this path. Please lad, its not too late." Hiccup turned away from Gobber before replying to his words. "Berk... needs to pay for what it did to me. If you get in my way? I will kill you too."

"Lad please—"

"NO!!" Hiccup roared out before driving Inferno straight through Gobber's gut, causing the veteran Viking to cry out in agony as his insides were being burned into a crisp. As Gobber fell to his knees, Hiccup caught him and gently laid him down on the grass before murmuring. "I didn't want to kill Gobber. But I made an oath to the gods that I will kill all who have wronged me. I can't turn back now." Hiccup said as he dislodged Inferno out of his former friends gut and watched the life fade from his eyes.

Turning back around to Bertha and Mogadon, I could see them accepting their fate, so turning to my warriors, Hiccup nodded at them and they made quick work of the two chieftains. Approaching Gunhild and my other allies, Hiccup embraced his love and kissed her forehead before looking back towards the sea. "Its time to annihilate Berk." The young king then whistled for Blaze and within seconds, he's by Hiccup's side, so climbing on his dragons back, Hiccup turn to Gunhild and the other Danish rulers and give them orders. "Have the fleet follow me as we go to Berk." Gunhild turned to the other rulers and nodded at them, they all mounted their bonded Fury's and returned to their ships to make preparations to sail to Berk.

Valka and her dragon landed near Hiccup and blaze, the feral dragon lady then cocked her head at her son. "What are you going to do son?" Hiccup turned to her and answered. "Something I've dreamed of doing for five years." Cupping his hands around his mouth, Hiccup gave a dragon call and within seconds, the Hydra emerged and the sight caused Valka's mouth to gape open in shock, awe and wonder. "Mother, this is the Black Danes dragon alpha— the Hydra." Hiccup said with pride, as the five headed dragon lowered its heads towards Hiccup and purred softly.

::WE AWAIT YOUR COMMAND HICCUP HADDOCK III::

Hiccup extended his hand out and the nearest Hydra head leaned in and pressed its snout into Hiccup's palm. "We move out and destroy the Hairy Hooligans. They not only wronged me, but they killed tens and thousands of your fellow dragons for sport." Hiccup spat out with disgust and causing the Hydra's rage to grow. "Let us be on our way." Hiccup said before turning to Valka. "Do you have it?" He asked, Valka then showed her son the head of Stoick the Vast and Hiccup nodded before patting Blaze's neck.

"We go!!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

199K 3K 35
We all have monsters locked away inside us, we're fortunate to have friends and family to keep that monster we have inside us pinned down. Unfortunat...
759K 17K 43
The people of Berk and many others believe that Toothless is the last Night Fury, but what happens when Hiccup and the gang find another Night Fury b...
33.1K 541 25
Hiccup suddenly becomes ignored - Astrid's vanished, Snotlout is now the 'Dragon Conqueror', and the only friend Hiccup has is Toothless. Everyone se...
21.8K 800 46
Hiccups left Berk... again. After a grueling battle with the Red Death, Hiccup who is now missing a leg, leaves Berk to go fight against a returning...