Fury Rider (A Httyd Fanfictio...

By Snapmite1998

Toothless is dead. Killed by Astrid Hofferson and all of Berk praises her for slaying the infamous dragon. Wi... More

Chapter 1: Defying death
Chapter 2: Recovered
Chapter 3: Meeting the Hydra
Chapter 4: Battle of titans
Chapter 5: Meeting Danes
Chapter 6: Proposition
Chapter 7: Hail King Hiccup
Chapter 8: Scouting the prize
Chapter 9: Confession
Chapter 10: Siege of Paris
Chapter 11: Five years later
Chapter 12: A mother never forgets
Chapter 13: Back from the dead
Chapter 14: I trust you
Chapter 15: Your past comes back to haunt you
Chapter 16: Promise
Chapter 17: Returning the bitter favor
Chapter 19: Bloodbath part II
Chapter 20: Vengeance is claimed

Chapter 18: Bloodbath part I

4.8K 70 41
By Snapmite1998

(Normal pov)

Stoick stood at the front of his flagship and wrapped his thick heavy bear fur cloak tightly around his body while the Hooligan fleet, as well as their allies fleet sailed the below freezing waters, heading straight for the Northern Markets, since that was no doubt where Hiccup was located.

The Hooligan chieftain looked behind him to see his younger brother and sister in law sharpening their weapons; eager to avenge their son. As were the Thorston's, the heads of their sons was in fact flayed of all its skin and was only mangled muscle and bone, the only evidence telling that these heads were in fact Snotlout Jorgenson and Tuffnut Thorston were the belt buckles that held their clan emblem.

Gobber approached his old friend and looked out towards the horizon and sighed heavily. "Has it truly come to this Stoick? Civil war amongst our people?" The Hooligan chieftain turned to Gobber and gave his response. "I suppose it has. Though all of this could have been evaded had we treated Hiccup the right way." Pinching the bridge of his nose while shaking his head, Stoick felt like the biggest fool on Midgard, for failing to actually raise his one and only son.

Hiccup had turned out strong, battle hardened, courageous and more Viking like then Stoick could've ever asked for. And his son built himself up and had the love, respect, kindness and support of his Danish people and allies. That was where he and the people ofd Berk failed, actually supporting their heir and now the consequences of their actions and words have led to civil war.

"You know we will not survive this Stoick. Don't you?" Gobber said, Stoick turned to the old veteran Viking and nodded. "Yes, the thought has been on mind for quite some time, but if we die? Then perhaps it is what we deserve for what we all did to Hiccup." Before Gobber could reply back, war horns sounded off in the distance, everyone looked out towards the horizon and began clamoring as the sight of Danish ships dotted the horizon straight ahead and out of the light cloud of winter fog.

"Hiccup." Stoick murmured as at the head of the Danish fleet, were six massive dreadnaughts, but the one in the very center? Its colors held a violet Night Fury head with a battle axe embedded in the back of its skull. Telling everyone how Hiccup's first bonded Night Fury was killed by Berks very own Fearless Astrid Hofferson.

The Stone-head tribe sounded their battle horns and began rowing at ramming speeds to advance on Hiccup and the Danish fleet, Stoick turned to his ally as if he had gone mad. He quickly cupped his hands around his mouth and roared out. "IVAR!!! YOU CANNOT TAKE HICCUP'S FLEET HEAD ON!!! PULL BACK AND WAIT FOR US!!!" But Stoick received no answer from the Stone-head chieftain, no wonder his name involved witless, because he was stupid, just like he was making such a stupid choice to take on the entire Danish fleet alone.

Stoick then turned to his crew. "Sound the horns!!" One of the Hooligans took out a battle horn and blew it with all their might, the remaining Hooligan ships then raised their flags and began rowing at ramming speeds to catch up to Ivar and his Son-head fleet. Turning to his brother, Stoick ordered Spitelout to signal the rest of Berks allies to keep up.

The fleets of the Bog Burglars, Meathead, Thunderhead and Tree-root tribes were right behind the Hooligan fleet, sailing at ramming speeds while Ivar and the Stone-heads took the lead. However, just as the Stone-head tribe were halfway to engaging the Danish fleet, a massive creature surfaced from the icy waters. It was a dragon, but a dragon the likes of which neither the Hooligans, their allies nor the Danes have ever seen before. It had large spikes protruding from back of its neck, small teeth compared to its massive body ratio, coral-like scales around its body, it had tail fins and had two massive tusks coming off the front of its face.

This massive leviathan gave out a mighty roar and then unleashed a wave of teal colored ice towards the Stone-head tribes fleet. Screams of horror, agony and panic filled the air, this massive dragon then treaded through the waters tail whipped five ships off the water entirely and the sight of supplies, weapons and Vikings were hurled into the air and then crashed back down into the below freezing waters.

"Beard of Thor! What is that?!" Gobber murmured to himself as the sight of such a titan tearing apart the Stone-head tribe fleet as if it were child play to the dragon. Suddenly, flaming catapults were fired from the Dane fleet and were heading directly for the Hooligan ships. "Odin help us all." Stoick prayed to himself before turning towards his crew and barking out. "Veer left!! Avoid those catapults!!" The Hooligans rowing the ships rowed with all their might to avoid the flaming catapults raining down upon them and continued to watch in horror as that massive dragon continued to tear apart Ivar's fleet.

Stoick suddenly looked up to the heavens and gasped at the sight of Valka riding the dragon who took her away from him and turned his wife into somebody he didn't even recognize. The feral dragon woman then swung her staff above her head and then pointed towards the vast fleet of Vikings, then out of the heavens came forth a massive swarm of dragons and they all roared out before engaging the fleet of Vikings.

"Dragons up above!! ARCHERS, SHOOT THEM OUT OF THE SKY!!!" Stoick roared out, the archers on board nocked their arrows, took aim and let their arrows fly. Volley after volley of sharpened steel struck many dragons down, though the dragons were able to evade the arrows and return fire on the Vikings, successfully sinking handfuls of Hooligan ships and many more of Berks allies ships.

And the Danes hardly had to do anything, all they were doing was watching the massacre take place.

(Hiccup's pov)

When Ivar the Witless and his fleet were halfway at our doorstep? I was beyond shocked to see such a massive dragon rise from the depths of the sea and began obliterating the Stone-head fleet to bits. My surprise continued as I saw swarms of dragons that weren't our own firing down on Berks fleet as well as its allies fleet.

Then, looking up to the heavens, I laid eyes on a large four winged dragon with a rider on its back, the same type of dragon my men described that my mother rode when she came to visit me in Paris.

Valka.

This... this her supporting me. After abandoning me to suffer at the hands of Berks cruelty, this was her way of apologizing to me and asking me to give her a second chance. A smile graced my lips as I then turned to my crew and cried out. "Ramming speed!! Give my mother and her dragons the support she needs to drive our enemy back!!!" My crew grunted in acknowledgment and began rowing with every ounce of strength that they had. Turning to my artillery crew, I ordered them to load the catapults, ignite them and let them fly, as the flaming projectiles roared in the air, they crashed down on Stone-head ships, Bog ships and Tree-root ships.

I began laughing at the fools were chose to side with Stoick and Berk, they didn't have to suffer nor did they have to partake in my vendetta against Berk, but they did and have now paid the price for it with their lives. The sight of my mothers alpha dragon letting out a might roar and then unleashing a wave of teal colored ice toward the Meathead ships caused me to laugh even more, the ice penetrated right through the ships; sending debris, supplies and Meathead Vikings falling down to the below freezing waters.

Looking down below me, I could see my massive ship crushing any Vikings that were desperately trying to flee the freezing waters, I licked my lips pleasantly to see trails of blood pooling in the water; no doubt the Vikings below were being torn to pieces by the barnacles beneath my ship. Turning my attention back to the fight, I could see Stoick and handfuls of his allies ships veering hard left and trying to reach a large island which I was unfamiliar with, but never the less, I turned to my artillery crew and ordered them to bombard the cowards fleeing.

As more flaming catapults rained down my fathers fleet and his allies fleet, I watched with satisfaction to see handfuls of their ships being blow to pieces and the souls on board being burned to an unrecognizable crisp and then falling into an icy watery grave. What started with at least five thousand ships from the enemy was now reduced to at least... eight hundred in just thirty minutes tops.

My artillery crew was prepared to fire again, but I turned around and ordered them to cease fire. "They've received enough battering! Now it is time to beat the fight completely out of them on land." My Danes let out triumphant roars at the fleeing enemy as they sailed to the massive island to the left.

"Dragon rider incoming King Haddock!!"

Looking up, I could see that four winged dragon descend down on the deck of my ship while my warriors had bows pointed at my mother and her dragon and my personal bodyguards formed a shield wall around me, I however ordered them all to stand down as I approached my mother. She slid off her dragon and removed her mask, and approached me. "Hi-Hiccup... I-I'm sorry. I'm sorry for leaving you in a world of hurt and suffering, I should've been there for you and I—"

I silenced Valka's words as I pulled her into a warm and loving hug, she gasped in surprise, but I then whispered in her ear to reassure her fears of rejection. "You came to support me. Even when I wanted nothing to do with you." I pulled away from the hug yet grasped my mothers arms gently, we looked into each others eyes and I smiled widely and genuinely at her. "My mother." She then laughed and broke down in relived and happy sobs as she then murmured. "My son." We then embraced once more and I chuckled lightly as I could hear the enemy crying out curses to the gods for... 'abandoning' them. They've now been weakened even further and now we will engage them man on man and in open battle.

And when we emerge victorious? Berk will be burned to the ground.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

545 6 18
Sequel to Return of Fearless Hofferson For 9 months Astrid has become reacquainted with living like a Viking that she now has to deal with another wa...
5.2K 131 13
Hiccup is a hiccup and when he shoots down a Night Fury, things get a little more complicated. PS This story does not include Toothless! Sorry for al...
199K 3K 35
We all have monsters locked away inside us, we're fortunate to have friends and family to keep that monster we have inside us pinned down. Unfortunat...
33.2K 541 25
Hiccup suddenly becomes ignored - Astrid's vanished, Snotlout is now the 'Dragon Conqueror', and the only friend Hiccup has is Toothless. Everyone se...