The Forced Marriage With The...

By Mystery_Angel6

Daniel Rodriguez. Who would say that the once caring and fun loving playboy would turn into a heartless man... More

Chapter 1. The Cross Connection
Chapter 2. Falling into the trap
Chapter 3. The Prince's Sister
Chapter 4. The Marriage
Chapter 5. Married
Chapter 6. The sight of heaven?
Chapter 7. Nightmare
Chapter 8. Comfort
Chapter 10. Hurt
Chapter 11. Abomination
Chapter 12. His Darkness
Chapter 13. Aftermath
Chapter 14. The Piano Room
Chapter 15. Bitter-Sweet Memories
Chapter 16. Breakfast together
Chapter 17. Having Fun
Chapter 18. Plotting
Chapter 19. Funeral
Chapter 20. Step-Sister
Chapter 21. Saving A Damsel In Distress
Chapter 22. Jealousy
Chapter 23. The Kiss
Chapter 24. Why did you do that?
Chapter 25. Kiana's Condition
Chapter 26. You're most precious to me
Chapter 27. The Truce
Chapter 28. The Heartbreak
Chapter 29. Goodbye, Daniel.
Chapter 30. "I know better than you."
Chapter 31. Anthony's Past
Chapter 32. Graveyard Visit
Chapter 33. Anthony's Secret
Chapter 34. Stupid Mate Bond
Chapter 35. Accidently Hearing The Truth
Chapter 36. Invitation
Chapter 37. Letting off the Hook
Chapter 38. Marked
Chapter 39. Can't keep my hands off you
Chapter 40. What really happened.
Chapter 41. Scheming Kiana
Chapter 42. You love her, don't you?
Chapter 43. Ari, you can't leave me.
Chapter 44. The Change
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
Characters
Anthony's Story! (Completed)

Chapter 9. Mess?

57.4K 2.1K 159
By Mystery_Angel6

Having a good heart can put you in some messed up situations.

~Pinterest

Ariana's POV

I spread my arms lazily and yawned with my eyes still closed. I don't know why but the couch suddenly feels so comfortable. I don't feel like getting up. I want to sleep the whole day.

But wait, when did I get back on the couch? I remember falling asleep on the bed and then....

Oh My...

I sat up abruptly, my eyes widening as yesterday's events flashed through my mind.

I again had those nightmares which usually haunted me, not letting me sleep peacefully. Everytime, those nightmares would take me back to the day my mother killed herself and all those moments when my father abused me. It was like a fresh memory which kept on repeating in my head. I couldn't ever get rid of them.

I would usually find myself waking up in the middle of night. Curling into a ball in the corner of my room, I would let myself to cry to my hearts content until the sunrise. But yesterday...

I don't know what took over me to behave the way I did. It was all so sudden. For the first time, there was someone to witness the wrecked part of me. And there my mind just stopped making sense. I wanted to make sure that I wasn't alone. That there was someone else in the room and it wasn't just my fraction of imagination. So, I hugged Daniel to make sure he was real. Oddly, I felt comfort in his arms and I just couldn't hold it in.

I tried, I tried not to let him show my vulnerability. I never wanted anyone to know the vulnerable girl who hid behind a brave mask. But I just couldn't.

I felt a weird kind of comfort, and a sense of protection in his arms. My nerves calmed down as I inhaled his pure male scent, a mix of fresh cologne and musk. And his strong arms wrapped around my small frame felt so good.

What was wrong with me? Did I lose my mind? I shouldn't have done that. Daniel might be thinking that I was a clingy woman. And who wouldn't. After all the things I did anyone would think that way. I don't blame him. I was stupid. Really stupid, to let my walls down.

But he was different yesterday.

He didn't ignore me. He wasn't even rude to me. In fact, he comforted me which for the first time, calmed me and helped me return back to sleep. He also agreed to my plea and slept next to me.

I couldn't help my cheeks from heating up at the thought of Daniel and I sharing the same bed.

Ugh...what's wrong with me?! It's not like anything happened! Seriously, Ariana, your mind isn't in it's right senses!

I should probably go and apologise to Daniel for being clingy and also thank him. Thank him for what? For being there...

One thing I realised about Daniel yesterday is that, he isn't as heartless as he portrays himself to be. In fact, he isn't heartless at all. He might be many things but not heartless at least by the way he comforted me.

◇◇◇

I bit on my fingernails nervously weighing my options as I stood outside the study room where Daniel currently is.

After having a quick shower and getting dressed, the first thing I did was search for Daniel. A maid informed me that he was in the study. So, here I am. Standing outside the study thinking whether to go inside or not. I finally decided to go inside, apologise and get over with this already.

Taking a deep breath, I slowly turned the doorknob and popped my head through the space to take a peak inside only there wasn't anybody.

The maid did say he was here, didn't she?

Maybe he went somewhere. I should wait here until he comes back.

With that intention, I walked inside the study. This is the second time I'm coming here. The first time was when Daniel bought me to the castle. It's funny that it has barely been two days and still feels like it's been ages.

That time around, I didn't get a chance to analyse the place properly. And now that I have ample of time to kill until Daniel returns back here, I might as well take a good look around.

By the way, I don't think there's anything interesting to look around. It's all the same. A stock of files arranged in a shelf at one corner, a huge clock that keeps on making tik-tok tik-tok sound, beige coloured walls, the comfy couch that I'm sitting on, a huge mahagony table...

Aha! Daniel's Desk!

Let me take a look.

I walked over to the desk and skimmed my fingers over the polished wood. There wasn't anything special on his desk either. Files, Documents, ink quills and paper weights. Seriously, not even a single photo frame?

Indeed, Daniel is a very boring person.

I walked around the table and sat on his chair letting my back rest on the leathered seat. So comfortable.

A wide grin etches on my face as I spot the tyres attached to the bottom part of the chair. I adjust myself properly and twirl the chair around with full force. I giggled like a two-year-old as everything around me seemed rotating.

Wow. This is fun!

I continued twirling the chair for ten more minutes before I got bored. With my elbows on the table, I rested my chin on my palms as I focused my attention on the huge clock.

I carefully watched the movement of it's hands, my eyeballs moving along with them as it kept on making tik-tok voice which made me feel so sleepy and my eyelids also felt heavy. I shook my head in annoyance to ward of any trace of sleep.

For Lord's sake! I just woke up and I'm already feeling sleepy. Why am I such a sleepy head?!

Where are you Daniel?

Daniel's POV

"What are we going to do about Anthony? He doesn't even seem fazed after your marriage with Ariana. Don't you think there's something amiss about him?" Ariel asked, walking beside me as we made our way into the castle after attending the council meeting.

I don't understand why Alpha Anthony Gonzalez still doesn't agree to the truce. He's hell bent on destroying every vampire around.

Why is he having such a grudge with vampires? And doesn't he want his mate back?

I thought marrying his mate would be the most effective way to make him agree to the truce. But guess what, I was wrong. He doesn't even seem to be a least bit effected by the whole marriage ordeal. In fact, he looks in better condition than I thought him to be in. He also said me that he doesn't want her back and I could keep her with me as long as I want which is indeed strange considering Ariana is his mate. Is he just acting it all out? Like he didnt care so that I would stop bothering Ariana and let her go but he was quite straightforward. Something is fishy. I need to find out what.

"Perhaps, a background check would be good. What do you think?" I suggested and saw her nodding in approval.

We were heading towards my study when she spoke again,

"Did you sleep well yesterday, Danny?"

I controlled my urge to roll my eyes at Ariel's question. Why does she keep on asking the same question every morning?

"Yeah. I slept well." I lied like I did everytime she asked me this question.

"I'm your sister, Danny. At least, don't lie to me. Don't you think your being too hard on yourself?"

Why does she sound like Carlos, my annoying wolf?

"I'm fine, Ariel. You don't have to worry about me."

"How can I not? You're my brother. I know things didn't work out the way you wanted it to be but you have to understand it. Stop dwelling about the past. Think it as a sign to move on. I know Kiana was your mate, but maybe Kiana and you weren't meant to be. Maybe there's someone else destined for you. Someone better."

I didn't reply. I just silently walked beside her. I know what she said is right. I freaking know she's right. But I can't help it. I have tried. I have tried to forget her. But nothing seems to work.

Only if she would have apologised and promised to never betray me again. Only if she didn't reject me even when I begged her not to. Only if....

There were so many only if's. But those things would never happen.

Because I'm no longer the person I used to be. This Daniel is different. And now, even if she crawls to my knees asking for forgiveness, I won't grant it.

I didn't even realise when we reached outside my study. Ariel gave me a gentle squeeze on my shoulder with a smile before heading towards her room.

I sighed. She worries way too much.

I turned the doorknob to step inside the study and was surprised to see the sight in front of me.

Ariana was seated on my chair, sleeping with her arms folded above the table and her head rested on them. The view of her face was mostly obstructed by her chestnut hair that fell messily on her face.

Why did she come here? Wasn't she sleeping in my room? Did she wake up then came and slept here?

That's incredulous. Why would she do that. She isn't even wearing her nightgown from last night so she must be here for some reason. I should just wake her up and ask about it.

I headed towards my desk and cleared my throat to gain her attention but was greeted with slow snores. I cleared my throat louder this time yet, no response.

"Ariana" I called out her name.

Nothing.

Damn! She's really fast asleep!

She was sleeping soundly. Her hair falling all over her face.

Yeah. Those hairs are hindering the view of her face which -if I may add- is so irritating.

It's like I'm talking to a ghost with long hair hanging in front of her face.

I stepped closer to her. The table which was the only thing between us didn't make quite difference due to my huge frame as I leaned to where she sat.

I extended my right hand to her face and slowly brushed off her soft silky hair away and tucked it behind her ear.

Whew! Now I could see her face. Wait...

I didn't even realise until now that my face was so close to hers and I could certainly access every feature of her face from this close.

Now that I look from this close, Ariana has a very beautiful face.

She has perfectly shaped eyebrows and dark lashes, that cascaded a shadow on her pale skin. Her cheeks has a natural light pink tint. My eyes travelled down to her luscious pink lips, and I brushed of any stupid thought that would pop in my head.

You aren't that bad, Ariana. Then why doesn't your mate want you back?

I couldn't help but stretched my hand to her face and caress her soft pink cheeks which made me feel really nice for some weird reason and even bought a smile on my face.

Her eyelids suddenly fluttered open revealing her beautiful emerald eyes making me freeze on the spot and my eyes widen, with my hand still on her cheek.

Oh, no. How am I going to justify my action now?

_____

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.7K 668 33
What happens when a vampire princess is mated to an Alpha Werewolf? Many things could go wrong, many secrets could be revealed, and everyone knows...
12.7K 458 71
Grace Andris, a gorgeous girl, but a mere villager. What will happen to her as she's gifted as a mistress to Prince Daniel Maguire, the only, kind he...
25.3M 422K 46
Book #1 in the Royal Secret Trilogy It all happened one night eight years ago. A few words spoken to shake a tiny heart with fear. Running and hiding...
65.9K 662 20
"𝙄'𝙡𝙡 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙖 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙡 𝙢𝙖𝙣 𝙛𝙪𝙘𝙠𝙨" ___ She had known him her whole life. He was her dad's best friend, and he had always...