ARMANI|UNDECIDED

By Bretaughtyou

Spinoff Novel of FINDING AZURE. (Spoilers inside) Armani Lovell is what you call a 'hand full'. After moving... More

ONE|PLAYING IT COOL
TWO|TRAPBOY
THREE|KDOT
FOUR | SLEEPOVERS
FIVE|PLEASE ME
SIX|TRAINING
SEVEN|ROCKBOTTOM
EIGHT|WORKING GIRL
NINE|FIRST DAY
TEN|PARTYIN W MARLEY
ELEVEN|PREP TIME
TWELVE|REVERSE
THIRTEEN|THEGANGS ALL HERE
FOURTEEN|A PURE LOVE
FIFTEEN|NEVER GOING BACK
SIXTEEN|CATER TO YOU
SEVENTEEN|EX FACTOR
EIGHTEEN| HAPPY FAMILY
NINETEEN|LOVE HAS LIMITS
TWENTY|FALLING
TWENTY ONE|TRUTHS
TWENTY TWO|LUNCH TIME
TWENTY THREE| BFFS
TWENTY FOUR|25 REASONS
TWENTY FIVE|FRIENDSHIPS
TWENTY SIX|A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS
TWENTY SEVEN|MARLEY'S WAY
TWENTY EIGHT|HOME SWEET HOME
THIRTY | NEW YEAR, NEW ME?
THIRTY ONE|BABYSITTING
THIRTY TWO|PAST VS FUTURE
THIRTY THREE | AFFAIRS
THIRTY FOUR | NEW LIFE
THIRTY FIVE | HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUH
THIRTY SIX | CHOICES
THIRTY SEVEN | A NEW FAMILY
THIRTY EIGHT | DOUBLE TROUBLE
THIRTY NINE | EPILOGUE | A NEW JOURNEY
THANKYOU | COMING SOON
FINDING AZURE | THE FINAL CHAPTERS 💕
CONNECT W/ ME.
FINDING AZURE OUT NOW.

TWENTY NINE|PAST VS PRESENT

16.2K 1.1K 401
By Bretaughtyou

ARMANI

      "Sooo K-Dot, I can call you K-Dot right?" Jocelyn asked from across the table.

K-Dot laughed and nodded his head, "Yeah, that's usually the go to. But Kayan is cool too, I know Armani says you like formal names"

"That I do, but I'll give you the exception. How is Jersey so far?"

As Jocelyn promised, she made it home in time to take Armani and K-Dot out for their first night in Jersey. As always she chose an upscale italian restaurant, giving the couple no choice but to dress semi formal for the night place, however K-Dot didn't mind.

"It's good. We didn't do much today but sleep"
Jocelyn gave her daughter a look, and Armani smirked, "I'm not pregnant mom"

"Oh thank God" she let out a relieved breath, and the couple laughed.

"Well why haven't you shown him around? I thought you would be happy to be home, have you seen any of your friends?" Jocelyn asked, as began to swirl the pasta onto her fork.

"Nope" Armani answered putting a strong emphasis on the p.

"Well you know, Aliah works here. She's a hostess" Jocelyn spilled, "Before we leave, you should ~"

"I'm alright mom, I kind of..outgrew my friends here. Can we talk about something else? How's your shop?" Armani answered, trying to avoid her past once again.

Jocelyn smiled bashfully and then shrugged, "We made a million five in profits this year, so theres that. Definitely looking to expand, was thinking a neighborhood city...like Philly"

Armani's eyes widened, "Real shit..sorry, for real? Can I manage it?"

"Do you have management experience?" Her mom slit her eyes, and then smirked, "Maybe HR, if you continue to do well down there...oh wait let me take this call"

Jocelyn stood from the table and sauntered away quickly, leaving K-Dot and Armani alone.

"What's up with you tryna avoid everybody?" K-Dot asked, catching onto his girlfriend. It was like when anyone brought up her past she wanted to end the conversation swiftly.

"Because babe, I really don't care" Armani let out a deep breath, "I'm here with you, that's all that matters. Ley is my only friend, and her ass ain't been picking up. Ima have to have a talk with her"

"You sound like Ron" K-Dot chuckled putting his drink to his lips.

Just at that moment, a familiar young woman walked pass and Armani's heart sped up. Jocelyn was completely right, Aliah did work there and there she was in the flesh. Still beautiful, her jet black mixed hair swung down her back as she sauntered pass the table, only to stop the second she spotted her old best friend.

"I must be losing my mind, is that Rocky?" She exclaimed, calling Armani by her high school nickname she hadn't heard in years.

"Heyyy girl" Armani replied awkwardly.

"You look so good, let me guess, new boyfriend?" She asked looking to K-Dot who gave her a head nod, "You always did keep some fine arm candy"

K-Dot smirked cockily and Armani had to resist from rolling her eyes.

"Yea. It was good seeing you girl, I think a table over there is waving you over" she said flagging the fake girl away.

Aliah smirked deviously, "Alright now girl"

She also knew that she was just trying to be slick, as she was definitely surprised to see her old best friend back in town. The last time she saw her was at Deek's party, and everyone knew how that ended.

"That wasn't nice" K-Dot scrunched his brows and Armani flagged him too.

"That girl wasn't doing shit but collecting tea" Armani rolled her eyes, "My ears will definitely be ringing tonight"

"Mhh, so Rocky huh? Why haven't I heard that nickname?" He smiled, continuing to dig into his food once more.

"That was high school days, when I use to fight a lot thats what the guys called me so it kind of just stuck" she shrugged as if none of it fazed her.

Before K-Dot could continue his round of questions, Jocelyn returned to the table.

"Are we done here, I have to get to the shop, apparently the alarm was triggered and I'm the only one who can reset it" she shook her head stressfully. She hated to have to end things early, but was glad that everyone's plate was nearly finished.

"Yeah, we can go. I'm tired" Armani said, more so ready to dip to get away from Aliah.

"I'ma just head to the bathroom, I'll catch up" K-Dot told them as he stood up from his seat.

Armani nodded, and he began to make his way to the men's room.

K-DOT

After finishing his business, K-Dot headed out of the men's room in a swiftness as he didn't want to keep Armani and her mom waiting. He continued to dry off his hands with the paper towel, his head down as he made his way out of the large maze that lead back out to the restaurant. He mistakenly bumped someone, and looked up to apologize only to see Aliah standing there.

"My fault" he apologized, ready to keep it pushing.
"Your Rocky's boyfriend right?" The pretty girl inquired, holding him up.

"Yup" he answered quickly, letting her know to please not try anything slick.

"Mhhh, funny. You look like a well put together guy, I wouldn't expect you to be with a girl like her"

"What do you mean a girl like her?" K-Dot challenged her, "No disrespect, but my girl don't speak ill on anybody. So if you don't like her, you're probably the problem"

The girl twisted her face up, definitely not expecting the harsh comeback. She could tell that Armani had this one under her spell, and that was nothing new as that was her ultimate trick.

Her expression went from salty to revengeful, and she shrugged, "Well..when you're tired of having what everyones had...call me"

She pulled her phone out and K-Dot chuckled harshly, as he was good at, and like he expected he offended her.

Deciding to not stick around any longer he hurried away. He was smart and had learned his lesson, and didn't need any more trouble in the trust department. He hurried back to the car where Armani and Jocelyn patiently waited, and she dropped them off at the house before leaving to tend to her shop.

"I'm going to go to bed, you can sit up and watch tv downstairs if you like" Armani told K-Dot as she removed her clothes.

"I'd rather do something else first" he replied flirtatiously and she caught the hint.

"Come here"

Knowing she still owed him some from earlier, she welcomed him into bed with her and the two didn't waste any time getting down to business. Mario was gone for the day, so it was no chance of him interrupting them this time. K-Dot did his job as always, making sure to please his girl and leaving her knocked out. He on the other hand slept all day, and wasn't in the mood to do it anymore. Instead he curiously checked out Armani's room, deciding to check out her mural of friends and family. He searched for any trace of Aliah, and there was only one of her and Armani dressed in cheerleader outfits. Her words continued to play through his mind, and he wondered if what she said and the way Armani was acting had anything to do with each other.
Deciding to let it go, he relocated to the hallway and decided to just give himself a tour. The three story home was huge, with crisp white walls and large paintings, with the shiniest decor he ever saw. He came across a movie room, and definitely couldn't help himself.

"Damn, they got popcorn too?" He said out loud as he spotted the stacked mini bar.

He laughed in a sneaky manner and began to grab a few snacks and a soda, next hopping into one of the plush recliners.

"Mani tripping, we coming here once a month" he continued to talk to himself.

He spotted the mini remote that sat in the arm of the chair, giving him access to every movie and tv show he could imagine. That actually proved to be a bad thing, as he searched for damn near thirty minutes before finally coming to a decision on an old classic Belly. While at first he was excited, after eating all his snacks and getting through only half of the movie he wound up falling asleep. He realized that watching a movie alone wasn't as fun with a partner, and completely missed the second half.

"Damn" he groaned, finally waking up.

He looked at his watch to see it was 2am, and was shocked he slept that long. He raised from his seat and dragged his body out back into the hallway in order to make his way back to Armani's room.

He was out of it, from both the sugar overdose and nap he had just awoken from. He decided to take a piss before heading back to bed, only to mistakenly turn down the wrong hallway. He began to hear a mumbled voice, telling him that Jocelyn was most likely up.

"What are you doin up? I'm surprised your're not playing house" she said lowly into the phone.
K-Dot didn't mean to be sneaky and listen, however her bedroom door was cracked and he honestly couldn't help himself.

"Mhhh hmmm, I knew you did. You want me to do what?" She giggled, "I don't know about that"

"Fine" she gave in.

A few moments passed, and suddenly Jocelyn began to slightly moan into the phone. K-Dot's eyes widened, and he automatically wanted to cover his ears. He quietly rushed away and decided he would just find the bathroom in the morning, he could hold it.

"Mhhh, babe where were you?" Armani stirred in her sleep once K-Dot climbed into bed.

"Watching tv, like you suggested" he told her, allowing her to wrap her arms around his torso.

"Oh...okay"

Just that fast she was sleep once more, and K-Dot decided to just do the same. He hoped tomorrow his baby would be in a better mood, because her somber mood was bringing him down.

Either way, he was grateful for the alone time and decided to take full advantage of it. He just hoped no more 'friends' popped up for the duration of the trip. As far as he could see, they were nothing but trouble.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 121 34
Brooklyn Nova didn't have an easy childhood. Her mother passed away when she was young, her and her older brother moved out of their father's house w...
101K 4.4K 21
-A relatively short book compared to my other works- Armani is your ordinary housewife, but the only difference is her age. At 24, she's married to...
11.9K 478 40
(If you haven't read Makin It Through this book 2 so you gon be mad confused) It has been six years since Tommy been locked up. The judge has let him...
610K 28.4K 31
"With him it wasn't about the material shit, or the money. He captured my heart with his..." Growing up in the care of her grandmother because her mo...