Pas de Deux {Bakugou Katsuki...

By LadysDaze

You were an aspiring ballerina, always held back by the echoes left in your home. Working hard to find a plac... More

A Warning to Future Readers
WRITING REQUEST GIVEAWAY!
Chacun Voit Midi à Sa Porte
Exulansis
Espy
Recollection
Altschmerz
Lachesism
Anecdoche
Keyframe
Monachopsis
Jouska
Gnossienne
Mal De Coucou
Xeno
Slipcast
Aimonomia
Nodus Tollens
Kenopsia
Deep Cut
Sonder
La Gaudière
Hanker Sore
Flashover
Contact High-Five
Mauerbauertraurigkeit
The Bends
Apomakrysmenophobia
Trumspringa
Moriturism
Anchorage
Chrysalism
Ambedo
Ecstatic Shock
La Cuna
Antematter
Fata Organa
Heartworm
Rubatosis
Waldosia
Lethobenthos
Lalalalia
Swish Fulfillment
Rollover Reaction
Onism
Nementia
Funkenzwangsvorstellung
Anthrodynia
Zielschmerz
Kairosclerosis
Midding (Finale)

Silience

10.7K 543 353
By LadysDaze

Ch.31 - Silience

(Wattpad refuses to upload moodboard again, so it'll be up later)

You had never been to this part of UA before, seeing as you would always stick to the main building and the dance studios... but seeing as UA had many more buildings all for dances and music production outside of your own expertise, made you curious just what exactly students could get away with... if a little teacher permission was granted.

And thus, you search for this answer had lead you to your own classmate who was not only in a similar situation as yourself but much more rebellious than you could ever be. But seeing as he had a rocky relationship with his father who was also the head of the dreaded UA PTA... you could only assume Todoroki-kun's strange hair and ice skating practice was him seeing how far his rebellion could go so long as Todoroki Enji got his way in the end.

A prodigy son involved in the dance world... but rather than it being through the same type of dancer Enji had been, it appeared Todoroki was taking after his mother and going after ice skating instead.

So as you opened the doors to the ice rink, you were greeted with the sight of said classmate on the ice and practicing as a slow piano sound started to roll through the speakers positioned high above. Ice scraping against the blades on his feet as he glided back and forth, lifting up a leg and twirling quickly as he moved with precision and grace.

You were left in awe watching him, seeing as he had yet to notice you watching from behind the bleachers near the entrance, and thus was in his own world of uninterrupted focus and passion. Truly amazing... Todoroki was more than likely one of the best dancers in your class, and maybe even better than yourself. He certainly gave off a wave of radiating confidence and skill you knew you could never achieve. Every part of his performance made you unable to look away... as any dancer should be able to do.

The piano suddenly picked up, adding in a tune of guitar, violin, and what sounded to be some light drums as well and Todoroki was going along with it like it was nothing. His body having gone from elegant and civilized to now something more modern and free. It, of course, had no sense of street... since he was on skates, but from the turns and twists he was doing it was clear your peer wanted nothing to do with ordinary skating routines.

"Hmm?" Someone spoke from beside you. "(Last Name)-san?"

You squeaked a little bit, turning to see another classmate of yours in front of you but coming from what appeared to be a hallway towards where you could only assume to be the audio-visual room. His green hair as messy and curly as ever and his eyes blinking slowly as he saw you standing and watching.

"Midoriya-kun." You breathed out. "Oh goodness... you scared me."

"Sorry. Sorry." He apologized and then gave you a curious, if not innocent gaze. "What are you doing here though? It's usually just Todoroki-kun and I."

You laughed sheepishly, pulling out the video camera from your bag and flashing Midoriya a smile. He blinked, nodding to you and leading you to the best place to set up the equipment in his opinion.

After another minute and a half, the music came to a close and Todoroki returned back to this reality from the one he put himself in during his performance and skated over to where you were explaining your project to Midoriya.

"(Last Name)?" Todoroki spoke, making you turn and wave a little to him.

"Hi, Todoroki-kun." You spoke. "You were really wonderful out on the ice."

Todoroki blinked and then smiled softly towards you. "Thank you... I've been working hard for my final this semester. Besides that though, I'm curious why you are here?"

You blushed a little darkly, pointing to the setup video camera and how it was pointed toward Midoriya who looked rather uncomfortable. "I was wondering if... you and Midoriya-kun would help me out with my project while I'm out of commission?"

"Project?" Todoroki spoke as if he's never heard the word before.

You nodded. "I'm making a mini-documentary on why people are here at UA and where their passion comes from. You don't have to help out, but it would be really appreciated if you did!"

Todoroki nodded slowly, grabbing the camera and pointing it at an even better angle towards his music partner. Midoriya and you both looked taken off guard by this, as the bi-colored male wasn't usually known to jump on board with group things... yet here he was now, wanting to help out.

"T-Todoroki-kun?" Midoriya stuttered as a red light appeared on the camera.

"I'll record your interview, Midoriya, and then you can record mine." He spoke, seeing you nod to him.

"Thanks, Todoroki-kun." You then turned toward Midoriya and smiled softly at him. "Now, are you ready Midoriya-kun?"

~~~~~

You had spent the last few weeks going from one pair of classmates to another. Spending a week with them each in their dual practice period and seeing how exactly they came to decide to want to do this with their lives. Questions they had no doubt been asked by adults all the time, but it had become clear to you that when you asked them, a peer... the question became more weighted and it seemed like an honest answer started to be produced after several seconds of thought.

It had been the case numerous times. You'd ask them all the same set of questions, not directly particularly to music or dance... but themselves and what drove them. The answers thus far were that much more similar at the core than you assumed.

Sure everyone had unique and individual reasons for the joy of their craft... but underneath it all... it was love and adoration of it that made them seek it out. And here they each were now... seeking it out and doing their best to be the best in their own filed through new techniques, sounds, movements, or even visual appearances.

This week alone, you had seen Ojirou and Hagakure's partnership in a quickstep while their partners in music, Iida and Kouda made just as good of a pair in creating an easy listening and classical mix.

Uraraka was very good in the sounds of jazz, and with Tsuyu's flexible nature her gavotte was coming along smoothly. Plus it always helped when the two girls were as close as they were.

Speaking of closeness, Midoriya and Todoroki were just as close as the pair of females and it showed in how both males knew what the other was thinking before it was even said. Todoroki's modern take on ice skating was a perfect match to Midoriya's modern style of music, mixed with classical elements. Creating a perfect orchestra of ice skating harmony between the two.

Shoji & Tokoyami were the interpretation pair. Tokoyami wearing all sorts of animal designs, especially bird masks for some personal reason and using Shoji's folk music to act through what appeared to be a story through movement and music. Uraraka and Tsuyu had actually invited you to see their final with them, as apparently the one from last semester was amazing and seeing as you had loved their practices... agreed to go with them when the finals rolled around. Plus, having seen a little sneak peek, you wanted to see how Tokoyami gained control of his shadow through his dance... and would only be able to when finals came. So you'd for sure be there.

Aoyama & Satou were who you were with this week. And quite honestly... you had no idea what to expect from them at all. You knew Satou specialized in R&B and Soul music... but Aoyama was the one who was truly the wildcard here. Apparently, he had been jumping from one dance to another since his arrival at UA. According to the grapevine, it was the cancan this month... but come next month... who knew.

Satou was a good partner though and made a lot of his tracks open for free interpretation for Aoyama to do whatever. Though, you were curious what dance type the blonde boy would end up doing for his final if he had yet to settle on one three months out from the final. Thus, you were excited to find out this week. And thus, when classes were done for the day you'd be heading to their private period to see what the pair were doing and learn their own personal reasons for dance. After that, it was only three and a half more groups to go before you'd be buried deep in editing and putting together this final project.

And now with only four weeks left after this week until this damned boot and cast were off and you could walk again and then a week after that... dance again, you were itching to visit the last few groups you had. Yaoyorozu would be joining Ashido and Jirou for their interview next week. And then, Kaminari and Sero the week afterward.

So... whether by accident or because you unconsciously did it... you had left the duo of Kirishima and Bakugou for last. Maybe it was because you knew this pair would be the most interesting... having heard tales from Ashido and Kaminari of Bakugou's aggressive partnership.

Or maybe... it was because it was Bakugou and you wanted to save the best for last. Either way, you knew you were excited to see Bakugou and Kirishima in action together. It was always nice to see how they interacted in Vindicous practices that still occurred at your home every other day... but seeing them one on one with Kirishima's neon dancing and Bakugou's rock mixed with classical... you were excited to see how the beat driven piece would turn out. Or in this case... how it was coming along.

As Yamada-sensei was laughing about something from his English lesson, you lifted your head up from your notes. Doing a quick glance around to give your brain a momentary break, you noticed a pair of sparkly eyes looking at you.

Aoyama flashed you a wink, turning back to his own notes after you had blinked. How strange, the male usually never spoke or interacted, but now was looking at you specifically. Maybe he had found out you'd be spending the week with him and was excited. That was the best idea you could come up with.

And thus, you continued on with your lesson in peace and left for the room Satou had told you he and Aoyama would be in after school. Aoyama seemed to be slower today, taking his time in packing up his items and waiting for almost everyone to clear out.

Finally it looked like the last two people were left, as they had been for the past month. Yaoyorozu smiled toward Aoyama, the French male flashing her a wink. Besides them was Bakugou who still seemed to be just as disturbed by this as when Yaoyorozu had introduced him to it a month ago.

"No shitty ballet lessons this week... right?" Bakugou grumbled, never missing your lessons more than he did when Ponytail had gotten Aoyama to replace you temporarily.

"Non!" Aoyama spun, grabbing his stuff. "It's my week to be in the spotlight of (Last Name)'s film! So... you are free from my wonderful ballet lessons this week!"

The male was gone in the next moment and left Bakugou and Yaoyorozu to stand in silence.

"You are improving, Bakugou-san. And Aoyama did originally sign up for ballet here... so he does know what he's doing. Plus he's around the same size and weight as (Last Name)-san... so it really was our best choice!" Yaoyorozu tried to convince him once more.

"Shut up... I'm only doing this so you and Twinkle Toes don't fail..." He grumbled taking his stuff. "It'd be on me if you did... besides, I still ain't telling her who's been teaching me. That stupid ballerina will never let it go!"

He stormed out a moment later, Yaoyorozu sighing softly. He was difficult... but even she knew he was only putting up with it all because of his crush on you. One Yaoyorozu was starting to see... was becoming much more than a crush day by day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

187K 4.6K 32
[COMPLETE] You're a 16 year old transfer student from London who arrives late to class 1-A of UA high. Both your late coming and your fiery attitude...
67.1K 2.7K 162
This book follows Akira Kiriya's experiences and encounters during her first year at UA high school. How will she fare with her new classmates at the...
104K 2.6K 46
katsuki bakugo has been desperately in love with his best friend y/n Aizawa since the young age of four but is too terrified to tell her in fear of r...
52.9K 1.5K 15
Saeki Atsuhi's dream has always been to become a fearless hero who can save people with a smile. And at last, her dream is coming true! As she begins...