Under The Weather

By cloudess_

After losing her friend, Jamie, Bailey refuses to believe that she was just as responsible for Jamie's death... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
above the clouds

a f t e r

95 2 0
By cloudess_

Muffled voices merged around me – I could only hear fragments of sentences. 

The only reassuring sound in the darkness. 

I couldn't remember why I was here, or what happened. 

I was defenceless, trapped inside a weakening body. I began repeating a specific sentence to myself, blocking out the pandemonium unfolding close to me.  

My name is Bailey Wyatt, and -

I pushed the air out of me and started again.

My name is Bailey Wyatt, and today I turned -

I could barely finish; I was afraid I was going to die, but I couldn't go, there's so much I needed to do.

I haven't even said goodbye yet. 

I can't die, I won't die. Wake up, Bailey! Wake up!

My eyes ripped open, I struggled to focus on their faces, whoever 'they' were. 

"She's seizing!" 

All of a sudden, the control of my body was suppressed, and I began shaking violently – as if I was possessed. 

The darkness of my mind began to seep in again.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

332K 11.8K 46
"And it took me a while to realize it, but everything I've had to go through in this life, all the pain and sadness I've had to bear . . . well, its...
2.5K 154 34
With a drug lord for a father and an addict for a mother, Jade Taylor has been dealt a pretty shabby hand in life. Her childhood was spent in a const...
68.3K 1K 46
"You're going to keep living, V." Everyone thought Ivy Archer had the perfect life. Because they had no idea what she was hiding: her mums terminal c...