ARMANI|UNDECIDED

By Bretaughtyou

Spinoff Novel of FINDING AZURE. (Spoilers inside) Armani Lovell is what you call a 'hand full'. After moving... More

ONE|PLAYING IT COOL
TWO|TRAPBOY
THREE|KDOT
FOUR | SLEEPOVERS
FIVE|PLEASE ME
SIX|TRAINING
SEVEN|ROCKBOTTOM
EIGHT|WORKING GIRL
NINE|FIRST DAY
TEN|PARTYIN W MARLEY
ELEVEN|PREP TIME
TWELVE|REVERSE
THIRTEEN|THEGANGS ALL HERE
FOURTEEN|A PURE LOVE
FIFTEEN|NEVER GOING BACK
SIXTEEN|CATER TO YOU
SEVENTEEN|EX FACTOR
EIGHTEEN| HAPPY FAMILY
NINETEEN|LOVE HAS LIMITS
TWENTY|FALLING
TWENTY ONE|TRUTHS
TWENTY TWO|LUNCH TIME
TWENTY THREE| BFFS
TWENTY FOUR|25 REASONS
TWENTY FIVE|FRIENDSHIPS
TWENTY SEVEN|MARLEY'S WAY
TWENTY EIGHT|HOME SWEET HOME
TWENTY NINE|PAST VS PRESENT
THIRTY | NEW YEAR, NEW ME?
THIRTY ONE|BABYSITTING
THIRTY TWO|PAST VS FUTURE
THIRTY THREE | AFFAIRS
THIRTY FOUR | NEW LIFE
THIRTY FIVE | HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUH
THIRTY SIX | CHOICES
THIRTY SEVEN | A NEW FAMILY
THIRTY EIGHT | DOUBLE TROUBLE
THIRTY NINE | EPILOGUE | A NEW JOURNEY
THANKYOU | COMING SOON
FINDING AZURE | THE FINAL CHAPTERS 💕
CONNECT W/ ME.
FINDING AZURE OUT NOW.

TWENTY SIX|A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS

20.7K 1.2K 679
By Bretaughtyou

ARMANI

"Merry Christmas mom, I miss you and I promise I'll be there by the end of the week" Armani said through the screen as she was on FaceTime with her mom, Jocelyn.

"Mhh hmm, and bring your little boyfriend too. Your dad isn't the only cool parent" Jocelyn responded, barely looking at the screen as she applied mascara on in her bathroom mirror.

Armani slit her eyes, "I don't know about all that now, besides I thought you were against me dating"

"No, I was against you dating that knuckle head. Kayan has his own business I hear? Definitely up your alley"

Armani snickered, and she should've known since that was all her mother truly cared about. If the nigga had legal money Armani could do whatever she pleased, however Jocelyn turned her nose up to the hood guys that her daughter had an attraction to. Jocelyn was upscale, from her home to the company she kept, so anyone who didn't fit into her world had to go.

"Okay, well I'll see if he can take off. Have fun at your Christmas party. Who you going with, Paul?" Armani smirked, bouncing her eyebrows.

"Oh God no, he makes less than sixty thousand a year and his hair is balding. This is Maxwell, he drinks his coffee black and is a stock broker. Wish your mama some luck" Jocelyn said checking out her reflection in the screen.

Armani giggled, and blew her a kiss, "You look perfect. Good luck"

"Thank you darling, tell your fine ass daddy I said Merry Christmas. Talk to you later"

Armani playfully rolled her eyes and the two said their I love you's and goodbyes. Just as the call went out, K-Dot made his way over to the couch with two large plates in his hands. Armani's mouth watered and she hadn't even tasted any of the food yet.

"Look at you" he laughed, as she gawked at the plate.
The tray was filled with all of her favorites, baked mac and cheese, candied yams, turkey that was actually juicy and not dry, and so much more that K-Dot threw on there for his greedy girlfriend. Her plate was just as big as his, and he knew she would clean it too.

"So, my mom wants you to come with me this weekend" She blurted out in the middle of digging into her plate.

K-Dot began to dig into his as well, "Me? You sure?"

"Yup, but don't worry I told her you have to work. So you're in the clear"

K-Dot had met plenty of mom's in his time of dating, and while he always saw Armani's mom in passing he never really had to have a conversation with the intimidating woman. Jocelyn owned any room she walked in, and although she was small she always stood tall in her designer heels that were most likely in season. Armani definitely favored her mostly, only getting a hint of Muh in her eyes, but nonetheless a perfect mix of her parents. K-Dot knew that although his relationship with Armani was fresh, he planned on it being long lasting, and if that was going to succeed he definitely needed to formally meet her mom.

"It's cool, I'll go" he told her, totally surprising her.

"You ... will?" She said with an uneasy expression.

"Yeah, why not?" He shrugged, "We ain't gotta sleep in separate rooms do we?"

"I don't think so, I don't know. I'm still shocked you even want to come?"

It wasn't that she didn't want to spend a few days away with K-Dot, she just didn't know how to feel about bringing him home to her old environment. Camden Armani and Philly Armani were virtually two different people and she definitely didn't want to run into somebody that she use to know. On the other hand K-Dot was adamant on going, so she couldn't deny him without seeming suspicious.

"Why" K-Dot laughed, "I mean if you don't want ~"

"No, no its okay. It'll be fun" she convinced herself.

K-Dot nodded, and Armani decided to just dig into her plate. The two ate and decided to converse with the rest of the party, as everyone sat around and enjoyed the family event. Holiday music lightly played in the background, while all of the family members tore down the Christmas dinner, next all being anxious to open their gifts. While the gifts were usually first, no one could wait to eat once they smelled the large dinner.

Everyone began to pass around their gifts to each other, and Armani was definitely excited then.
"Merry Christmas, and happy early birthday son" Muh said, giving K-Dot a small stack of presents.
K-Dot's birthday was in the beginning of January, and after such an eventful month and a half he damn near forgot.

"Thanks pops, you know I had to hook you up" K-Dot smiled, gesturing towards the oversized gift underneath the tree.

"My gift better be that big" Armani pouted, wondering what the gift was.

"If this is a bribe because you're dating my daughter...I'll take it" Muh winked, giving K-Dog some dap.

"Wheres my gifts dad?" Armani asked with hopeful eyes.
She was truly a kid when it came to Christmas.

"I got you Mani, I left yours upstairs" Muh told her, knowing she was especially going to like her gift.

"Chill out baby, you know I got you" K-Dot chuckled, finally passing her a stack of presents. She beamed, and poked her lips out for a kiss.

K-Dot chuckled as he watched her impatiently unwrap her first one, and she laughed when she saw the customized snuggie with her name on it. It was definitely her style, and was girly just like her.

"Really?" She gave him a knowing look, "Are you saying I'm lazy?"

"Yeah, I am. Its for when you binge watch Netflix all day and want to steal my comforter" he snickered. She moved onto the next few gifts and were equally satisfied, and was intrigued when she got to the last one. She glanced up at K-Dot, who was watching her nervously as she tore open the wrap on the small box. Revealing the black box underneath, she was definitely excited now because that meant jewelry.
She opened it, and immediately fell in love.

"Awww, Kay" she cooed at the the golden necklace as she carefully picked up it. It was definitely real, she noted that, and she loved the heart pendant that hung from it.

"Open it" he told her.

She did as he said, and popped open the heart. She had to hold back tears, because a bitch didn't want to cry in front of her family. Inside was a small photo booth picture of her and K-Dot on the right hand side, and on the left was a small writing.

True love is eternal,
Infinite,
And always like itself

He specifically chose that quote because he felt like the love the two of them shared was real, and he never had to fake when he was around her. He went from a relationship where the woman he was with did nothing but critique everything that he did, and even began to make him question himself as a man. Whereas with Armani, she liked everything about him, and was interested in damn near everything that he was. He wasn't sure if it was so easy to love her due to the fact that he knew her for so long already, because it seemed impossible to grow feelings that fast. However he didn't regret it, nor did he question it.

"I love you" she pouted, engulfing his lips in hers.

"Aye! Aye!" Ron shouted playfully, "We get it, ya'll together. Please don't give this Nico a heart attack"

"Nico" Azure started, looking over to her fiancé, "Is fine. Aren't you?"

"Yeah whatever" he rolled his eyes.

Azure gave him a stern look and he put on a phony smile, "Couldn't be better...here you go sis" he said handing her the presents from both him and Ron. While he was still salty, he had to admit the gift K-Dot got his sister was touching, and maybe he didn't have bad intentions.

Armani slit her eyes, but gave her brothers and dad their presents and going back to her seat to open hers. She was grateful for the expensive gifts she was sure they were going to ball out on, as she received a couple pair of designer sneakers, a new IPhone and laptop.

"That one's from me" Ron boasted, as Armani put the iced out watch on her wrist.

"Thanks bro" Armani blew him a kiss playfully.

"No problem, it's the least a big brother could do" Ron said looking at Nico.

Nico ignored his glance and began to rub on Azure's pregnant belly.

"Open your gift, Nico" Armani smirked, wanting her brothers reaction.

Nico stubbornly looked up at her, next grabbing the box and opening it. Ron did the same to his, and both brothers smiled at the matching Versace boxing robes with their names on the back.

"Damn sis, I know K-Dot wasn't payin yo ass this much" Ron said putting his on immediately.

Armani chuckled and then rolled her eyes, "Excuse you, I saved up for that. And...K-Dot may have helped" she said looking back at him.

"Thanks bro, you already know we looked out" Ron smirked looking at Nico once more.

"Nigga if you don't stop looking at me" Nico shook his head at his brother.

"Man here, but don't think this means I ain't mad at yo ass. I love you bro" Nico smirked, passing K-Dot an envelope.

K-Dot raised his brow, and looked between Ron and Nico suspiciously.

"Ya'll niggas is too rich to get a muthafucka a gift card" he mumbled to himself as he split the envelope to open it.

"Well then give me it back, I like Friday's" Ron teased, "Ley like Friday's" he looked over to his girlfriend who had been silent the whole evening, stuffing her face. That diet had definitely gone out the window.

K-Dot pulled out the slip, only for his heart to drop at the twenty thousand dollar check. Armani's eyes widened at it as well, and she sucked her teeth, "Uh-un, regift!" She shouted, "I got sneakers"

"Expensive ass sneakers" Ron kissed his teeth as well, "Sit yo ass down. Thats all K-Dot right there"

"Damn, what I do to deserve this?" He looked up, both grateful and genuinely confused.

Ron shrugged bashfully, just happy to give his bro a little dough to get over his head. Nico set aside his pride, knowing Dot was his brother before anything.

"I'm proud of you" he started, "It's not easy running a business, and while a lot of niggas was hating on me and my bro, you were loyal and got it from the muscle. Never asked for a handout, even when I got that million dollar check. So, your loyalty isn't questioned. We wanted to show our appreciation to help you build your business and make that fucking money" Nico smirked, "And I'm happy for you. For ya'll" he said looking back and forth between Armani and K-Dot.

After having a talk with his fiancé, he knew he had to make it right with his brother. Azure had a way of bringing out the best in him, and that was one of the main reasons he was marrying her. The friends arose from their seats, and came into a brotherly hug. K-Dot had to hold back his tears, but with twenty thousand dollars no one would blame him if he did cry.

"I love you too man, I appreciate it" K-Dot said, choked up. He gave Ron some dap, and he nodded in much respect.

"Well, that blows my gift out the water" Armani half joked, definitely not wanting to fall in line after that.

"Don't be ridiculous baby, I'll love yours just the same" he told her.

Armani smiled and then pointed to the large rectangular box, "Okay, open that one first"
K-Dot put the check into her purse, next picking up the box and was instantly intrigued by the size. He ripped the layer of wrapping and immediately revealed what it was.

"You like it?" Armani asked, excited and nervous at the same time.

"Yeah, hell yeah" he said opening it completely and gazing at the box with the keyboard on the front, "I needed a new one, I had the same one since I was like ten"

"I know, so maybe you can play me something later" she hinted, wanting to see him in action. It was a slight turn on that he had a secret talent.

"No doubt" he said giving her a kiss.

For the rest of the evening, the family enjoyed the holiday. They continued to eat the Christmas desserts, and started to even play games and watch movies. It began to get late, and Armani suddenly remembered she still didn't get her gift from her dad.

"Dad before I leave I still didn't get my gift" she said walking into the kitchen as him and Shonda danced to oldies, getting drunk as always.

"Oh yeah, here you go baby" he said handing her a tiny box that wasn't even wrapped.

"You're kidding right?" She rolled her eyes, "I got your old ass that watch for nothing, should've gotten you root touch up" she muttered to herself.
Muh laughed at her complaining, knowing she would shut up once she opened it. And that she did, seeing the single car key that belonged to a Lexus.

"Shut up" she looked up, her heart pounding, "Dad, don't play with me"

"I'on know, go check in Nico's garage and maybe I'm playing, maybe I'm not"

Muh didn't have to say another word as she ran to the nearest door to Nico's four car garage. She bursted through the door once she found it, and sure enough there sat an all White 2019 Lexus, with a big red bow, in between Nico and Azure's car.

"Mani is the only person I know to get a DUI, and then get gifted a car" Ron said coming up behind her as Muh and his brothers strolled in as well.

"Shut up Ron" she exclaimed, running over and hugging it.

"Damn, can I get a regift too?" K-Dot joked, looking at the fly ass car.

"Thank you dad" Armani beamed, "What's the catch?" She asked, before getting too too excited.

"Don't thank me too much, I wanted to get your ass a 98' Volvo from the auction" he said causing her eyebrows to furrow, "It was in nice shape, had 128,000 miles on it too. Your mother on the hand picked this out, and made me give her half on the down payment. You can't drive it until your suspension is lifted, and you have to pay the note that your mom and I got down to only 250 a month. It's a big responsibility, however, we were proud that you managed to stay out of trouble for a while. Don't screw this up" he told her sternly.

"I won't" Armani cried tears of joy as she hugged her giant dad, "Thanks Muh Muh"

"You're welcome baby" he said giving her a kiss on her forehead.

Armani had to admit, this had been her best Christmas ever. Everyone could agree, as they were blessed with financial stability, new relationships, and love that danced around the room. Nico and K-Dot put their differences aside, and Armani was glad that everything was harmonious. While she knew she would be in a different environment in a few days at her mom's house, she couldn't help but to bask in the love she felt at the moment.

As it was a very, merry Christmas.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 263 46
Killian had been away in California for two long years, but now he was back in his hometown of Nevada. His best friend Bree was about to start her...
1.8M 103K 37
Kelz was everything to Azure. Her first boyfriend, first lover, you name it. However after four years of young love, Azure wakes up to a text that sh...
101K 4.4K 21
-A relatively short book compared to my other works- Armani is your ordinary housewife, but the only difference is her age. At 24, she's married to...