Chasing Her {UNDER CONSTRUCTI...

By nobodynobrains

After Hazel Smithe lost her best friend in the world, Evan, who also happened to be her boyfriend, she decide... More

Chasing Her - Prologue
Chasing Her [1]
Chasing Her [2]
Chasing Her [3]
Chasing Her [4]
Chasing Her [5]
Chasing Her [6]
Chasing Her [7]
Chasing Her [8]
Chasing Her [9]
Chasing Her [10]
Chasing Her [11]
Chasing Her [12]
Chasing Her [13]
Chasing Her [15]
Chasing Her [16]
Chasing Her [17]

Chasing Her [14]

3K 52 3
By nobodynobrains

[A/N]: okay so I hope the length of this chapter makes up for the shortness of the last one. I promise to try and make every chapter around 3-4 pages, so there won't be any more of those shorts ones anytime soon. Enjoy!

Chasing Her - Chapter Fourteen

Hazel Smithe

I flopped down on my bed with a sigh, shoving my headphones into my ears. I had just gotten out of the shower and was actually quite excited for tomorrow. Brian and I were going to hang out after school to get to know each other better, the first step to becoming more then friends. Slipping under my covers, I soaked in their warmth and drifted off into a peaceful slumber. 

------

The next morning I awoke to my alarm clock and forced myself to get out of bed, feeling happier than usual. I quickly pulled on a pair of jean capri's and a light green top, slipping on my shoes before getting some breakfast. With my music playing I danced around the kitchen as I made myself some food, wondering why I was enthusiastic this morning.

That's because we have a date today! My wolf shouted inside my mind. 

It's not a date! I called back. She just snorted before shutting up. Once Alden was ready I jumped in my car and drove to school. 

"See you later!" I exclaimed, jumping out of the car and running towards the school. I heard my brother ask something along the lines of 'why are you so freaking happy today?' but didn't bother to answer him. I skipped, literally skipped through the hallways to my locker and grabbed my supplies.

School went on without a hitch, and when I reached my house I was bubbling with excitement. Waiting in my room, I had music blaring and my mind was running wild with thoughts about Brian. Every now and then a naughty thought would somehow manage to lodge itself in my brain, but I quickly got rid of those.

Bad Hazel! You're just going to be friends! I scolded myself. 

Finally after screaming about an hour's worth of song lyrics, Brian was here to pick me up for our little 'date'. We were  going to a coffee shop and then to a park. I thought it was a really cute idea, seeing as I loved the park even though I was a teenager. 

"Why hello there." I said once I opened up the door to greet him. He was wearing a somewhat-tight dark blue t-shirt that helped show off his muscles and I saw him smirk when he realized I was checking him out. I just narrowed my eyes at him while he looked over me. I was still wearing that same outfit from school. 

"Hey." He finally spoke, holding his hand out to me. "Let's get going." 

I hesitantly placed my hand in his, tingles shooting up my arm. Brian smiled, obviously feeling the same sparks. We hopped into his black truck and arrived at Anna's Love a few minutes later. It was my favorite place to go, especially when I had a hot chocolate craving. 

We sat down in a booth, gazing at the menus that were already at the table. A few minutes later a waiter named Liam walked up to us asking what we wanted.

"Regular coffee, please." Brian said, setting his menu back in it's place.

"Hot chocolate." I said, giving him a smile. He walked away and came back with our drinks, setting them down before giving us our bill. Brian paid for everything and we took a few sips before the talking began. "So what do you want to know?" 

"Anything." 

"How about we just play twenty questions or something?" I questioned, raising my eyebrow. I wasn't exactly the best at telling people about myself unless you gave me a subject to work without. 

"Sure. What's you favorite color?" Brian asked. How simple.

"Blue, yours?" 

"Red. Favorite animal? Mine is a lion." 

"Probably a barn owl..." The conversation continued on in the same fashion until our cups were empty. We quickly left the cafe, heading for the park that was conveniently across the street. I ran towards the swings and jumped on, giggling. I actually giggled. I never giggle. "Push me!" 

He quickly complied, making me sway back and forth. For a few minutes every thought I had about about the notes, Blue-Eyes, and Evan left my mind as if they never existed. I felt at peace, but I knew that feeling wouldn't stay there for long. 

I heard a crunch come from my right making both Brian and I freeze. I inhaled deeply, catching a whiff of a scent that I never wanted to smell again. Yuck. It smells like alcohol.. and death. My wolf spoke up, she was on high alert.

Slowly, I got up from the swing and turned around to face Brian. He seemed quite confused at what was happening but I knew that Blue-Eyes thought that now would be the perfect time to visit. He obviously knew Brian and I were mates, probably thinking it would be fun to come and mess with him. 

"Oh Hazel.. How nice it is to meet you again!"

Brian Thomas's P.O.V.

I happily pushed Hazel on the swing, glad that she was enjoying her time with me. Even if she didn't, I was just excited to be hanging out with her. I heard a crunch off to my right and instantly froze, inhaling the air. The same strange scent of alcohol and death wafted across my nose, distracting me. 

When I finally snapped back into it, I noticed that Hazel had gotten up and was looking from me, to the woods, and back. I wondered what was going on but before I could ask her, a male voice interrupted.

"Oh Hazel.. How nice it is to meet you again!" A male with those bright blue eyes exclaimed. His dark brown hair was almost black and hung across his eyes and he shook them out of the way. "Did you enjoy reading my notes?" 

I growled, pushing Hazel behind me. My wolf was pacing around inside my mind. Who the fuck does he think he is?! He grunted, pissed off that the person who was watching us knew Hazel from the past. 

 "Calm down wolfie. All I want to do is chat." He smirked, crossing his arms over his chest. Hazel peeked out from behind me, staring at him with a vicious glare. 

"Chatting is the last thing we'll do, you bastard." She spat, stepping completely out from behind me. My wolf whined, he wanted her to be where this guy couldn't get her. 

"What did you just call me?" He replied with venom in his voice. "That was a bad mistake." 

"I just called you a bastard, Matthew." She drew out the word and watched as he grew angrry. His eyes quickly turned a darker shade, his wolf getting closer to the surface. Hazel growled as he stepped forward and he turned his hands into fists. 

"Come on my little Kitten, you don't mean that." This time I was the one to growl. She's ours, not his! My wolf shouted inside my mind, trying to claw his way out. "Let's be nice." 

"I'll be nice the day you're rotting away in hell." Matthew growled once more, stepping even closer. He raised his hands, unclenching and before anyone could even blink, he smacked Hazel across the face. That's when I snapped, but Hazel beat me to it when it came to punching him. She drew back her fist and knocked him square in the jaw. He stumbled back a few paces, his eyes turning black with rage. 

His fist went back again, but I quickly stepped in between them. Matthew began to throw his fist at me, but before he could I grabbed it and twisted his arm around, holding it against his back. 

"Looks like someone's pissed off.." He muttered underneath his breath. I pulled harder on his arm, hearing a satisfying crack. 

"Get lost." My voice was harsh and laced with venom, daring anyone to go against my commands. I let go of him and pushed him forwards. He turned back and stared at Hazel.

"You will be mine. Make no doubt, Hazel." With that he spun on his heels and dashed back into the forest. Once I calmed down I turned to look at my lovely mate, wanting answers.

"What's going on?" I asked, looking straight into her eyes.

"Let's just say that he's been sending me notes and won't stop until I'm with him." She rushed out, scratching the back of her nervously. I almost smiled at that for some reason, but stopped myself. You're angry. You don't like that she kept this from you. I repeated over and over again in my head, but I couldn't get myself to believe it. I was just glad that I was here to protect her from him and my wolf seemed to be perfectly fine with everything. He could care less if she told us now, or in two years. "I didn't want you to get involved, but I guess now it's a good thing you know.."

"Yeah. I swear to god if that bastard comes around again, his head will be on a stick." I said playfully, making her laugh. "Though I bet your brother's will probably come up with several different ways to kill him."

She smiled and walked up to me, grabbing my hand. At first I was confused, but in a few minutes we were back at Anna's Love, drinking coffee. We went back to asking each other questions and I realized then and there, that I was already in love with the beautiful girl sitting across from me and telling me some story about her childhood. 

Hazel Smithe's P.O.V. 

Brian took my hand, leading me out to his truck. The car was filled with a comfortable silence, the only noise the soft music coming through the radio. I was happy that I decided to go out with Brian, even though this wasn't really a date. If I didn't I probably would've never learned that his middle name is Jones or that he sing in the shower. 

A smile crept its way onto my face as I glanced over at him. He smiled back and before I knew it we were already at my house. Brian got out and then came over to my door, opening it like a gentleman. 

"Thanks." I said, hopping out. We walked up to my door and stood there for a second, wondering what to do. Should I ask him if he wants to come inside? Plan another hangout? Kiss him? He quickly stopped my pondering by leaning in and giving me a sweet, soft kiss. 

When he pulled away we were both smiling like idiots. 

"Tonight was fun. We should do it another time." He spoke, his voice barely louder than a whisper. 

"We should." I replied, my voice at the same volume as his. Without warning, I leaned up and kissed him againt but with more passion. His arms wrapped around my waist and my legs wrapped around his torso.  Brian walked backwards until my back softly hit the side of the house right next to the door. 

His tongue ran across my bottom lip, asking for me to open up but I kept my lips sealed shut. A low, playful growl rumbled through his chest and I smirked. He tried again and that was when I realized what I was really doing. 

In about two seconds my feet were planted on the ground and there was about a foot of space between us. 

"Well I'll see you tomorrow!" I shouted, running inside and up to my room. I quickly stripped out of my clothes and took a hot shower, thinking about everything that happened today. 

I swear if Brian wasn't there when Matthew showed up, I wouldn't beaten him to a pulp or went crazy-wolf on his ass. Thinking about his words, I shivered in disgust. I would never be his and I would make sure of that. He could show up at my doorstep with an army of rogues behind him, but I'd never let him take me. Hell, I'd rather do everything and anything my brothers told me to do instead of standing within a five feet radius from him.

My hands rolled into fists but uncurled when my makeout session with Brian crossed my mind again. My lips were a bit swollen and tingly as I ran my fingers across them. For some reason I wished he was still kissing me but yet I thought that was moving too fast. 

Curse my dumb wolf! If it wasn't for her I wouldn't have done anything! 

You know you liked it.. She replied, causing me to blush. And don't you dare try to deny it. 

I sighed, getting out of the shower. Dressing in a pair of gray sweatpants and a red hoodie, I jumped into bed and closed my eyes. Images of Brian and me making out rollled through my mind and I smiled.

Okay, so maybe I did like kissing Brian....

[A/N]: Oh so his name is Matthew! And naughty Hazel, making out with Brian on her doorstep.. *tsk tsk* At least there one step closer to getting together... hehe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80 0 15
Madison thought she had hit the lottery meeting the guy of her dreams and quickly all her friends could tell that she was young and in love. This dr...
51.9K 585 32
When a girl falls inlove with a guy who she has known for a while and later finds out he is her mate but he won't love her back and rejects her inste...
550K 13.8K 21
"I, Seth Weathers, reject you, Baila Daniels, as my mate forever and all eternity unless you thus chose to take me back." Her mate said. In those few...
689 26 24
Maybe it's fate, or just bad luck. But these two young adults continue to encounter obstacles as they try to find their way to happiness. Will they l...