Dark Side

By talkatyourownrisk

Sophie is a vampire and has been since the 1500s. Her brothers and herself attend a local high school where s... More

Dark Side - Chapter One
Dark Side- Chapter Two
Dark Side- Chapter Three
Dark Side- Chapter Four
Dark Side- Chapter Five
Dark Side- Chapter Six
Dark Side- Chapter Seven
Dark Side- Chapter Eight
Dark Side-Chapter Eight (#2)
Dark Side- Chapter Nine
Dark Side- Chapter Ten
Dark Side- Chapter Eleven
Dark Side- Chapter Twelve
Dark Side- Chapter Thirteen
Dark Side- Chapter Fourteen
Dark Side- Chapter Fifteen
Dark Side- Chapter Sixteen
Dark Side- Chapter Seventeen
Dark Side- Chapter Nineteen
Dark Side- Chapter Twenty
Dark Side- Chapter Twenty One
Dark Side- Chapter Twenty Two
Dark Side- Chapter Twenty Three
Dark Side- Chapter Twenty Five
Dark Side- Chapter Twenty Six
Dark Side- Chapter Twenty Seven
Dark Side- Chapter Twenty Eight
Dark Side- Chapter Twenty Nine
Dark Side- Chapter Thirty
Dark Side- Chapter Thirty One
Dark Side- Chapter Thirty Two
Dark Side- Chapter Thirty Three
Dark Side- Chapter Thirty Four
Dark Side -Chapter Thirty Five
Dark Side- Chapter Thirty Six
Dark Side- Chapter Thirty Seven
Dark Side- Chapter Thirty Eight
Dark Side- Chapter Thirty Nine
Dark Side- Chapter Forty
Dark Side- Chapter Forty One
Dark Side- Chapter Forty Two
Dark Side- Chapter Forty Three
Dark Side- Epilogue

Dark Side- Chapter Eighteen

831 17 0
By talkatyourownrisk

The smell got closer and closer as I literally started to drool over the thought of warm human blood. I shook my head, god where is my mind? I can't do this, I can't give into whatever's going on here. I was just going to help the person, not eat them. Finally I reached the end of the trail, a pool of blood in front of me but no body. I looked around the dark forest, no one's here. Na-da. I looked at the pool of blood my stomach growling with hunger, and my mind considering finding a straw to drink it with.

A scream pulled me out of my thoughts as I heard footsteps. The smell of blood picked up again as a small girl ran through the trees. My eyes went wide as I gawked at her, there was blood coming from a cut in her stomach and she was clearly in hysterics. She ran over to me grabbing my shoulders and hanging off me, tears streaming down her face.

"You-you h-have to h-h-help me. She's c-coming to g-get me. P-please." She gasped shaking and crying more and more.

"Who?" I asked her, trying to look around her at the trees. Whoever it was would be here soon.

"S-she killed A-Anna. Oh god, please you h-have to h-help me." She sobbed.

I gasped as she grabbed my shirt with her clenched fists, backing up into me and putting her wound against my white shirt. Now I have to change before going back to Wren's place. I doubt he wouldn't ask any questions if I walked in covered in blood, especially since he knows what I am. Aw shit! He knows what I am! Could I trust that he didn't tell anyone? She stumbled into me again bringing my thoughts back around to the current situation as she pressed her back against me now, scrambling to get somewhere.

"Did you hear that?!" She screamed this was just perfect.

"What'd you hear?" I demanded trying to see around her blond ponytail.

"Someone's c-coming. It's her! Oh god, no, please i-it's her!" She shrieked.

I groaned, I couldn't hear a thing, "Relax, you're imagining things."

She nodded turning to face me again, "You've got to help me I'm bleeding. I don't want to die please-please can you t-try?"

"Sure, you're going to have to back up a bit though." I sighed through my nose.

She backed up and lifted her shirt for me so I could see the scratch that ran along her entire stomach. It started at her hip and ended just below her ribs. I breathed out through my nose trying not to take in the smell. He whimpered as I pushed and prodded at it, it was a deep cut. However did this did it well. In the back of my mind an idea popped up but it was pushed away as I concentrated on helping her. I knew my herbs, if I could find the right things I could disinfect it, then I guess I'd be using my sleeves to wrap it up. I explained to her as I was collecting chickweed to stop any inflammation and ground it into much before dabbing it around the room, usually it was used in a tea form but this would have to do.

Ripping off my left sleeve I did my best to wrap it around her waist hoping it would fit. Just as I finished wrapping it and was about to tie it off, it happened. My finger grazed her wound and I could feel the warm blood on my finger, and I could feel the hunter inside jump up and down with excitement. I tied it off anyways then pulled my hands free, eyes locked on my finger. Why couldn't I stop starring at it? Why couldn't I stop imagining how she'd taste? My mind was dreaming about her blood type, AB+, not a  rare type but relatively special. Before I could stop her she pulled me into a hug, wrapping her skinny arms around my neck and pushing my face into her neck. I gasped, shaking all over. She didn't even notice as I placed my shaky hands on her back and tried to look away from the blood in her neck. I could hear her pulse in my ears and that's it. All I could here was the nervous beating of her heart.

My fangs grew, my eyes shinned and my hunger grew to an enormous size, threatening to swallow me whole if I didn't take this opportunity. I screamed at myself as I watched my teeth sink into her neck, extracting all the blood I could. And I couldn't stop, that was the worst part, I didn't even hear her scream as she went limp in my arms. I'm so stupid why did I come out here? Why did I let myself be tempted? I was shaking all over as I dropped her lifeless body and fell to the ground myself. I pushed my lips together, licking them in the process, I still had her blood on them. I couldn't trust myself to stand, I was too shaky.

"I'm glad you liked her." A voice boomed down from the trees followed by laughter.

I looked up in terror as Vivian dropped in front of me, looking dangerous and powerful as ever, "You did this?"

"Yeah, she was supposed to be my snack, but I think you'll need the strength more." She laughed, crouching down to inspect the body, "Nice job with the puncture marks too, you can barely see them. You look like a good kid but on the outside you're no different than me."

"I'm way different than you." I snarled, standing to my full height as she did, the sucky part was that we were the same size though.

She considered this, "Maybe. Maybe not."

"Sophie?" I heard my name from behind me, Ian.

"Sophie," Vivian purred, "So that's what they call you know is it? Man, I would've killed you sooner had I known, I hate that name."

"Then it really suits me doesn't it?" I smirked not bothering to look as Ian came in threw the forrest behind me.

Vivian sniffed the air, which was an odd look for her, "Whoa. What's that I smell? Could it be? The amazing Chryson has mated with," She sniffed again, moving closer to Ian and stepping over the body, "A werewolf? Oh you have got to be in some deep shit for this."

"Yeah, a werewolf. A werewolf who could rip you apart in seconds if you don't scram." Ian growled. I wanted to roll my eyes, worst comeback ever.

"He's a keeper, Sophie. But he looks a little," She paused patting him on the shoulders as she walked by, " Temperamental."

I ran at her stopping in front of her as she flinched, "We'll continue this later." I hissed knocking her shoulder as I walked by with Ian in close pursuit.

"Sooner than later." I heard her chuckle as I kept walking. I didn't care what her plans are, I want to get back to Wren.

I just got out of the forest when Ian grabbed me, "You can't go out blood soaked."

"You have a better idea?" I retorted.

"Yeah," He pulled off his polo shirt and threw it at me, "Here."

"I'm not stripping in the forest. Not with her in there." I scowled at the thought, Vivian would see and attack like the little bitch she is.

Ian rolled his eyes and wrapped his arms around me, acting like a shield. I rolled my eyes back, there were so many flaws to this plan. I pulled off my shirt though, none the less and pulled his on fast making sure there was only a split second in between. After I changed I threw my blood soaked shirt at him, he can depose of it.

"Why are you here anyways." I asked him as he followed me out of the forest and onto a dirt road.

"I could tell you needed me." He replied giving me a duh look.

"Well I don't so you can go." I retorted. Not my best comeback.

"Okay, fine whatever. Have it that way your highness." He spat, running ahead of me and disappearing into the forest again.

I sighed, just like that he was gone again. And just like that I was in the middle of some major shit. I forced myself to run my way back to Wren's though, he could take my thoughts off this, I hope.

**** 

Wren's house blocked out the sun as it came into view. I let out a breath before going to the door and walking in, hopefully he was still my boyfriend. I walked through the living room before I sensed him upstairs, it almost looked like no one was home. The TV was off, the house quiet, it was kind of eerie. I know his sister won't be home until public school gets out, so another half hour at least. But where's his mom? You can't tell me that she's left again after what I told her last time. No way. How stupid can you be?

"What are you doing here?" Speak of the devil, I spun to face Wren's mom as she stood in the kitchen.

"Whatever I want." I smirked walking past her to the stairs.

She grabbed my wrist, making tingles of distaste spread where he skin contacted mine, "He doesn't need to be involved in your world." She mumbled, looking almost concerned for a second before her face hardened, "I don't trust you're kind. I don't know why he does. You're nothing but a leach, a scum that roams the Earth looking for the weak. Pure evil."

A leach was a major inslut towards me in my books. It was like bringing up world war two with any survivor. One stupid vampire messes up and we're all punished with a stupid title. Before I could control myself I ran back down the stairs, ripped her hand off my wrist and grabbed her by the neck as I rammed her into the kitchen wall. She let out a shriek as I slammed her against the tile, "If I was anything close to what you think I am you'd be dead. You're closer to the devil than I am." I snarled dangerously in her ear, squeezing a bit on her throat to make sure she got the message.

I dropped her silently and walked back out of the kitchen. I heard Wren come down the stairs and suddenly I didn't want to see him anymore. I know his perception of me would only be of a monster after this. He stopped at the bottom step and looked confused, glancing from me to his mom and back again. I mouthed 'I'm sorry' before I ran out the door and started down the street. I heard the door slam behind me but I picked up the pace. I don't want him to hate me.

"Sophie!" He yelled, I could hear his footsteps pick up as he ran faster until he could grab my wrist, he was faster than expected.

"What? Don't you hate me? Did you not see what I did to your mother?" I asked spinning to face him.

He shook his head at me and smiled putting both hands on either side of my face like Ian had. Then he pulled my lips to his. I felt an overwhelming sense of relief and a little guilt as he kissed me, making me fell stupid for thinking he'd hate me. I was lost in him as much as he was lost in me, I couldn't hear the silent screams telling me to stop or any of the pain I caused Ian as we kissed the night away. I was happy in his arms but it was killing me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 108 25
Sophie's life changed three years ago she was coming back from a friends house as her parents drove her home. They suffered a car accident but they'r...
10M 211K 27
"Karma..." He muttered. I looked over at him as he smiled to himself. "Is a bitch. And so are you!" I joked. Aiden glanced up at me and glared before...
464K 9.9K 30
Trying to escape a threat to her life and that of her parents, Danielle is forced to move in with her hot-headed cousin Paul. After a horrible relati...
Being Bitten By MAD

Teen Fiction

744K 26.1K 21
Juliette is a human. Your typical quiet girl, the one who's always listening to music and blocking herself out of the world. Romeo is a werewolf. He'...