Aries

By firedance_icesong

[COMPLETED] Lyra is a human living among wolf-shifters. Without being blessed with a beast, she tries her bes... More

Author's Note and Glossary
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 8.1
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 12.1
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 16.1
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 20.1
Chapter 21
Chapter 21.1
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 27.1
Chapter 27.2
Chapter 27.3
Chapter 27.4
Chapter 28
Chapter 28.1
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 31.1
Chapter 32
Chapter 32.1
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 34.1
Chapter 35
Epilogue
Stolen page - 1
Aries' POV: before meeting her
Aries POV: Lyra
Aries POV: the flame that does not die
Aries POV: an act of cowardice
Aries POV: first kiss
Aries POV: ripped apart
Character Review
Next in series

Chapter 25.1

49.7K 2.5K 1.1K
By firedance_icesong

A/N: Emotional chapter ahead. I was listening to the song above and I am addicted to it.

Also, it has a... Streamy part ahead. Just one small chunk. 

Also, if you are not comfortable with LGBT, it would be advisable to not read this part. After all, this is just a bonus chapter. Especially, if you are not comfortable reading a streamy lesbian part. 

Other than that, Enjoy!

************

She thought it would be an amazing day.

For starters, the coffee she had brewed in the morning was perfect. And not to mention, for the first time she woke up without a headache.

But she should have known. That happiness was something that was not meant to last forever in her life.

The second Lyra had contacted her, she knew her life was going to go down the hill.

When the words trapped and ambushed reached her, she did not have time to even respond to her sister. She was caught up in shock that only after the bond between her Alpha and herself disappeared, did she snap out of it.

Kaina was the one to hold her back. Had it not been for the witch, Rhaze was sure, she would have destroyed the house.

She had seen her father die at the hands of the male she thought as her Alpha. Seen her brother turn his back on the family. She was simply not ready to lose another.

Jitters claimed her body when a car pulled up. It was the car Aislynn had taken earlier that morning.

As soon as the door opened, Rhaze jumped off the couch in the patio and rushed towards the source of the scent of blood and death. To her surprise, it was Brent who got down the opened door.

Rhaze peeked in to see what was tarnishing the pack bond. And she wished she had not seen it.

Nash was bleeding heavily and she was surprised to see that none of his wound was healing. His skin was not stitching back as a werewolf's skin should have.

Inside she saw two females whom she had seen only in the memory of her sister.

Mina was cradling Nash's head and the poor girl's eyes were bloodshot and her face was stained with tears. Her body was shaking as she felt her mate's skin. She was whispering to him, knowing that he was not in a state to listen.

"Kaina!" Rhaze screamed. "Kaina!"

The witch hurried behind her. When she saw the boy, she gasped and pushed Rhaze away.

"Bring the boy in!" she commanded Brent. "Take him to the last room on the left."

Kaina appeared to be the only one who had her head straight. She motioned for Mina to come out.

Rhaze did not know why, but Mina trusted her immediately. It could be because she was frazzled just as she was, but she was keeping her head straight, or it could be because she was helping her mate or... it could have been because Kaina was a woman who wore her motherly heart out for everyone to see.

As Brent and Mina rushed to the said room with Nash, Kaina trailed behind them, giving them instructions.

The last to get down was Aspen. She was every bit of an Alpha should be. Her aura was something, Rhaze could simply not deny.

It was then Rhaze realised that someone else had not come. Antlia.

Fuck.

Aries would be so pissed off. No... pissed off was a milder word. He could cause rampage.

Aspen swallowed hard. "Beta Rhaze Thorne?"

That seemed to snap her out of the shock. She should have gone with Lyra that morning. Perhaps... perhaps then Nash would not be so much hurt.

"Yes," she said, looking into the ex-alpha's eyes.

"They fucking took your sister, Antoine and my Beta," Aspen said through her gritted teeth. "They may be East Tribe, but if anything is to happen to Nash, I am declaring a war."

With that, Aspen walked in the house, as if she lived here.

Rhaze frowned. Antoine? Is that what Lyra had told her? She wanted to spill the truth to the female, but she did not know the reason why Lyra had lied. As much as she admired this Alpha, she was not ready to betray hers.

Before she could worm her way in, a falcon dropped before her. Rhaze rushed towards it when another hawk and a Pheonix landed right beside the tired falcon.

Then through the thickets, Aries ran out. Fury was not a word she could use to describe the star. She could see the fight he was having within himself. Many places in his body, had cracks of light escaping. It was like he wanted to explode but he was keeping himself in check.

The falcon gave way to Aislynn. "I went back, none were there. Where is my son?"

The hawk morphed to Varian who glared at her, as though she was the one who was stopping them from seeing their son.

"Inside," Rhaze said, glaring at him back. "White Room."

White Room was the one were Nash was in. It was a room Varian had that housed all the medicines they required immediately and a small surgery could be performed by the instruments there.

The couples left and Miguel transformed back.

He gulped. "Lyra?"

Rhaze shook her head. "They took her."

Miguel shouted. "What?"

Rhaze nodded miserably. "I was not able to do anything-"

Miguel stepped forwards and hugged her. "She will make it out alive. Lyra is the strongest person I have known. She will make it out."

She returned the hug back and gazed at Aries who was still struggling. It was best she would say the news to him now.

She released the blurry male. "Aries?"

It was the small grunt at the back of his throat that said he was listening to her.

"The East Tribe." She bit her lips. "They took Ant."

He roared and she was sure it was enough to bring the house down. Even the waves that crashed the beach vibrated with a frequency of his agony.

He looked straight in her eyes and that was when she felt an intruder in her mind. Images of Aspen telling her who the East pack had taken flashed in her mind.

Aries let her go as she began to shake.

Flames danced on his skin. Flames hotter than the one she had seen Miguel wield. It was so hot that she thought it was plasma.

"Aries-" Miguel began.

He snarled and ran back into the forest as though it could cool him down.

"What was that?" Aspen's voice broke the stillness.

"You're here?" Miguel asked her incredulously.

She looked at the darkening sky. "Why can't I be here? My sister is Nash's mate. I hope you know that."

Miguel sighed. "I know that. I just did not expect you."

She shrugged then gave him a pointed look. "Where the hell were you today? Had you bee there-"

"Trust me," Miguel warned. "I regret it enough."

Aspen gritted her teeth. "This pack has a lot of secrets."

Rhaze nodded. "That's why we protect our own."

Aspen sat on the couch on the patio. "Makes me wonder why I ever bothered to trust Lyra."

Miguel growled. "Not another word about my Alpha."

Aspen leaned forwards. "Then start speaking."

Miguel was about to snap. "You have no rights. You can't barge in our lands and demand answers-"

"She was the one who brought Nash," Rhaze interrupted softly as she took her seat opposite to Aspen. "She deserves to know at least something."

Miguel fumed but he shut his mouth. Much to her surprise, he prowled around them, but he did not look at them.

What was his problem?

Aspen looked at her, patiently waiting for her to tell the story.

Sighing, Rhaze began to narrate everything about Lyra's rejection. When she told her about Alioth, a star, Aspen's eyes widened. But she reigned in her curiosity.

But when the truth about Aries and Ant was revealed, she could not keep it back.

"Ant is Princess Antlia?" Aspen gasped as she shot up. "The last Royal? The last descendant of Luna?"

Rhaze nodded. "Yes."

Aspen took in deep breaths. "By Amaris! East Tribe has her?"

Rhaze nodded again. "Yes. That's why Lyra was-"

"-so protective of her," Aspen finished for her. "Oh! Oh! Oh! Why didn't you say it earlier? I would have brought guards! Heck, I would have chosen a safer place, preferably my pack grounds."

Rhaze gave her a sad smile. "Ant never wanted that. She wanted to experience being a normal human. She even consumed the concoction Kaina gave to make her smell like a human."

Aspen shook her head. "This is bad."

Miguel laughed harshly. "Nope. Angry Aries is bad news."

Aspen looked at him. "Is he... is he a Warrior of Moon?"

Miguel nodded. "Yes. Twelve Warriors are very well alive. They protect the Royal. Because of the assassination of the Royal family, they are forced to be apart. Ant was to be trained by Aries."

Then she asked, "How did he take it?"

"Not good," Miguel grimaced. "He was about to lose it. If he had, I am pretty sure that none of us would survive. He ran to the woods."

Aspen sighed. "I can't imagine what he could be going through. He had to protect Antlia and now she was just snatched away."

Miguel huffed. "It is not all. Lyra is taken. That is more a stimulating factor than Ant now."

Rhaze turned to Miguel. "What did you just say? Lyra is more important?"

Miguel lowered his head and took a seat next to his pack's beta. "Until Ant reaches eighteen, absolutely nothing can harm her. And when she reaches eighteen, whether or not she meets her mate, she receives her powers. If she meets her mate, she receives it fully and if she does not, she receives it partially and that power enough to demolish a community. The only harm that can befall Ant is if she is kidnapped by a star who can then squeeze the essence of Luna she carries."

Rhaze blinked at him. What?

Aspen opened her mouth and closed it. "So... Ant is not in any danger as of now?"

Miguel shook his head. "Now can you see why Aries is much more worried about Lyra? Especially when East Tribe has such close relations with West Pack."

Rhaze continued to blink at him.

Miguel cleared his throat. "He was continuously complaining about how we took him away from Lyra this morning while we were searching."

Aspen looked like she could die. "What?"

Miguel ignored her. "He... literally had a wrist band of his that Lyra had worn with him and he kept smelling it. It was like... as if he was in the courting stage. You know the stage where you don't want Luna to give you a mate bond but want to choose a partner for yourself and if the courting was indeed successful, Luna would give one between you both? It was like that. He was grumbling worse than Nash. Don't tell him I said this, but he was so cute like a kid."

Rhaze did not know whether to laugh or cry.

Aspen shrieked. "What?"

Miguel then looked at her calmly. "Yes, Aspen. Aries, the Warrior of Moon appeared to be choosing Lyra as his mate."

Aspen silently got up and paced around.

The sounds Rhaze tried to ignore made its way to her ears. Mina's cries, Aislynn's sniffles, Varian's soothing words and Nash's harsh breath. Kaina's magic was the only thing that kept the poor boy alive.

Aspen sat down again. "You are telling me that, Aries is choosing Lyra as his mate as if we are discussing the weather?"

Miguel gulped and looked at Rhaze. When she did not answer him, he looked at Aspen again. "Yes?"

Aspen threw her hands up. "Do you know what a great deal this is? If something, even the smallest thing happened to befall Lyra, don't you think he would go on a rampage? What if he is destroying the East Tribe as we speak now?"

Miguel nodded. "I know. I would accompany him."

Aspen gasped and shook her head. "This is impossible-"

As much as Rhaze wanted to listen about this, she wanted to know more. "What happened to Nash?"

Her words were greeted with silence.

Aspen wrung her fingers. "He... his heart was involved. You know we how long it takes for the heart and the brain tissue to heal. We can, but it takes longer. Kaina also detects poison in his blood that is slowing down his healing process. Brent's blood matched his and we have already given him five hundred millilitres. If the situation is going to get worse, we would need another five hundred."

Miguel chocked. "Heart?"

"Mina says right atrium and ventricle is too much involved. Not to mention, the superior vena cava was literally cut. Blood from the brain is not being drained into the heart. Less venous return-"

"Please!" Rhaze begged. "Not science."

Aspen bit her lower lip. "Sorry, Mina is a doctor and being around her, I guess it rubbed off me."

Miguel closed his eyes. "Will he survive?"

"Kaina is trying her best to take the poison out of his system and Mina is trying to stitch his vein." Aspen looked at her interlocking fingers.

If there was one person apart from Lyra on whom Rhaze had faith, it would be Kaina.

A sudden cry came from inside and the three rushed to the source of the sound.

Varian and Aislynn were in the room along with Brent who was lying on the next bed. From the pallor on his face, Rhaze could tell he had given blood again.

The monitors were going haywire and Kaina began to chant. Mina began to cry as the scalpel in her hand fell down.

With haste, she peeled the gloves off her hands and moved Nash's face.

Rhaze did not need to be a doctor to understand what the ECG monitor was showing. His waves began to flatline.

Rhaze bit her lips. She would have... should have called Aries to help him, but she knew what answer Aries would give her. As much as he had the power to bring people back from dead, the twelve had made a bargain with Fate not to interfere with death.

Death was something pure. Untouched. Uncontaminated. Fate had a list for who was to die and who was to live. Any disruption would not end well.

Even if it had been Lyra who was in Nash's place, she knew Aries would not revive her. He would rather die with her, hoping the Cosmos would give them another chance.

Kaina gasped as she fell on the floor. "The poison's out of his system."

Aspen had her eyes fixed on the monitor. "His heart is arresting. It had been working overload."

Mina cried. "Wake up, Nash! Look at me, for Moon's sake!"

He remained still as a rock.

"You are not allowed to die, dammit!" she screamed. "You promised me a life! How can you do this to me?"

She did not realise that she was crying until a tear rolled off her cheeks and hit her hand that she had wound around herself.

Aspen's eyes widened as if she realised something.

Kaina stood up and moved towards the grieving girl, but both were too late.

Mina let her fangs to grow and sunk it on his neck.

She had Marked him.

While there was a chance, a very small chance that he might live, there was a large chance that she might die with him. Or worse he would die and she would feel the pain of his death while she lived.

The marking kicked something in him as his heart began to spike.

Was it possible that Nash could be saved?

Nash's eyes flew open partially as he gazed at his mate. That little fucker had the strength to smile at her.

"Nash!" Mina exclaimed softly, blood dripping from her chin. "Oh, by Amaris-"

"Love you," he whispered. "Live... yo-your life. B-be ha-happy."

Mina rubbed her eyes, brushing her tears. "What do you mean, you doofus? You are alright-"

He then looked at his pack with that damn smile. "Thank you," he said slowly, coughing. "Love you all."

Then as though he had held on his soul only to say the words, his eyes became lifeless as the monitor began to beep faster and finally it reached the level of flatline.

Mina cried loudly as she fell over him. Kaina was the first to reach her. When she pulled the girl, she checked Mina's pulse.

Aspen rushed towards her sister and hugged her.

Varian just dropped on the floor. Rhaze bit her lips as she tried to hold herself together.

Electricity began to crackle and it just reached Varian as if he was commanding them. Rhaze did not know how many voltages it was, but it did not harm him. In fact, it did not harm anyone, just the bolts of electricity flowed into him.

Outside a bolt of lightning flashed, followed by a heavy rumble of thunder. The rain sure had the guts to show its face tonight. It began pouring, just like that. It did not begin as a drizzle as it usually did.

Aislynn ran out and Rhaze did not have the heart to intrude a grieving mother.

"She will live," Kaina said softly. "I will make sure of it. Even if it claims me."

With that, she began to work on the sister. From the way Kaina's skin turned pale, she knew that the witch was losing her energy.

She would not let another die under her watch. She had already let three. She would not add another, even if it took her life.

Brent opened his eyes and when he saw Nash's lifeless face, he closed it and threw an arm over his face. Miguel just looked at the boy as though he could not believe that his companion had died.

She made her way towards the witch and sat next to her. When she felt Kaina's soul searching for a source of energy, she gave her own. And knowing well that skin-to-skin contact would strength it, she placed her hand over Kaina's arm.

And just like that, life flared in Kaina and so it did in Mina.

**********

Aspen had wanted to wage a war. She had called her Alpha and informed him to ready her an army. Just one phone call.

"Calm down!" Miguel snapped at her. "We have to think rationally now. We have to find a way to save Lyra, Ant and Jed."

Aspen growled at him. "They took my sister's mate from her. Mina could have died. I want blood."

Before they could reason out with her, Kaina's magic hit Aspen as she crumbled on the sofa behind her.

Only Brent, Miguel, Aspen, Kaina and herself were in the living room. Varian had gone protective mode not allowing anyone to step inside the room. Nash was cleaned and that was all Varian had allowed them to do.

He was guarding his son.

Rhaze's heart broke.

Aislynn had yet to come. She had shifted and had flown away. Rhaze could only hope that she would return.

Mina was sleeping in Nash's room.

Miguel glanced at the witch. "Was this necessary?"

Kaina nodded. "I have seen people like her. If I had not stopped her, she would have caused war and we would have lost the chance of retrieving the three."

Miguel lifted her gently in his arms and began walking towards his room.

Brent asked, "What are you doing?"

Miguel sighed. "If she is going to be knocked out, at least let rest comfortably. She is quite strong for a werewolf."

He returned after two minutes.

Silence fell over them.

For the first time, she felt that she had failed her duty as a Beta. In the Alpha's absence, betas were supposed to take lead.

"Kaina?" Brent asked. "Why didn't you heal his heart?"

She sighed. "Because the poison in his system took much of my attention. It was a poison made by a Zayin. I had to fight it. I had to fight it in order for it to allow him to heal."

"Where is Aries, by the way?" Miguel asked.

Rhaze gulped. "He came when you were trying to get Varian out. He said he would go to East tribe to release them both."

Miguel gasped and took a step back. "How dare did he leave me behind?"

"He did not leave yet," Kaina said helpfully. "He is going to leave."

The others just stared at him. That was his priority? 

That was then a pressure made itself know in her head.

She knew who it was. She said via the link they shared, Thank Amaris I was able to get you. Where the hell are you?

It was then she felt her sister's pain. No one should go through what Lyra was going through. Lyra was her baby sister for Moon's sake!

You... can feel it? Rhaze asked hesitantly. Can you feel-

Yes, she gasped. By Amaris, yes.

I wish I could hide it-

Don't, Lyra snapped. I want to feel it. I deserve worse than this.

This was the Lyra she knew, alright.

You don't, Rhaze chided. You don't, Lyra.

I do, she protested. It is because of me that he is like this. I should not have come. I should not have-

Enough, Miguel roared suddenly in the packlink. It's already painful that we lost Nash. Don't berate yourself over it. Regret will get you nowhere. It is a wound that keeps itching and will keep itching as long as you scratch it. You need to put a damn medicine over it for it to heal. Now tell us where you are so that we can kill those fuckers.

Lyra replied after a few seconds. I am not telling. I promised them that neither my pack not I would cause them any harm.

What the hell had Lyra done? Promised them that? How could she? What was wrong with her? unless-

Just as Lyra finished saying, Aislynn and Varian roared. What the hell?

Ant is with me, Lyra whispered. I have to get her out.

Rhaze wanted to tell her that Ant would be safe but from Lyra's tone, she could not be the judge of that. What had they done to the two girls?

Still, Aislynn protested. You should not have sworn that.

I had no other option as of to get Ant out, Lyra said. They were planning to use her to torture me.

Shit. As much as Aries said that they could not harm Ant, there were ways to break a person.

Varian growled. Those bastards will pay-

Kaina and Aries will take on that, her sister said.

When Lyra acknowledged Kaina, a streak of pride ran through her. Rhaze could simply not help it.

Aries is already on it, Miguel said.

Her sister then commanded her, Don't let anyone come for me. Jed will bring Ant to Alpha Eric's pack. Take them both from there to our pack. Jed deserves to know.

Aspen is with us, Rhaze said after a minute. She wants war. Kaina has literally knocked her down with her magic to stop her from running after Jed.

Really? Lyra asked, surprise evident in her voice. Aspen is with you?

Yes, Rhaze said. She is resting as we speak. She was quite powerful for a wolf or that's what Miguel said.

Okay, but do not pursue, Lyra commanded. Under no circumstance.

Rhaze said, Yes. I understand, Alpha.

Her Alpha cut the link between them.

"Damn it!" Miguel muttered. "I can't follow Aries now."

Rhaze stood up and walked out.

"Rhaze?" Brent called. "Where are you going?"

"For a run."

**********

The second she was in the forest, she stripped her clothes and shifted to her black wolf. Looking at the sky, she let out a howl that echoed her pain.

Somewhere deep in her pack bond, Reece and Mike let her know their sorrow. As much as they did not know Nash, they felt him die. She began to run.

The winds that once used to play with her fur now tore her skin. The sweet scent of earth after rain that used to soothe her now made her furious.

How could she let Nash die? Why did she go in a shock?

She did not realise that she had reached the edges of a lake that stretched before her.

She howled again, allowing the world to know her pain.

She looked at the lake, seeing her own reflection. Even back at West Pack, her wold had been bigger than a normal female's. Even bigger than Alpha Violet's.

Thinking about that female Alpha, Rhaze resisted the urge to cry.

There were different kinds of mothers with different kinds of sons. She had seen it. Evelyn and Cain. Violet and Ethan. Aislynn and Nash.

"Hey there!" a familiar voice called out to her.

High on her instincts, she turned with a snarl to detect the sweet scent of a female she quite knew.

Kaina walked slowly to her. "Hello, beautiful."

Was Kaina talking to her? Rhaze snorted and looked at her reflection again.

Kaina inched forwards until she was by her side, ruffling her fur.

"I am sorry for your loss," the witch muttered. "I should have tried more-"

Rhaze growled. Tried more for what? Had she not lent her energy back when she was healing Mina, she was sure Kaina would have died.

"Whatever," Kaina mumbled.

A century could have passed and Rhaze would still be content just by sitting next to this female.

Slowly, Kaina's fingers grew bolder as she began to stroke every inch of her other skin.

For some reason, Rhaze could feel a burning sensation in her abdomen. It flared and spread throughout her body.

When Kaina's fingers reached her underside, Rhaze almost lost it. She was ready to give in to her primal need.

She growled and stepped back. The last time she checked, she had been straight. Then why did this witch's touch arouse her like no other?

Kaina pouted. "Why?"

She snarled and she hoped Kaina could read her mind. I can't control myself! Leave. Leave slowly.

Kaina smirked. "Leave?" she leant forwards and purposely rubbed her scent over her. "Why should I?" Kaina whispered in Rhaze's ear.

She was losing it. So Kaina could hear her. Right.

Please, Kaina. Leave. Leave slowly.

Kaina pulled herself back but there was a look of distaste on her face. "Okay, okay." She threw her hands up. "I will leave. But why slowly?"

Rhaze was sure that if she was in her human form, she would have blushed like a tomato.

Because the primal part of me thinks that you are prey that I need to catch.

Apparently, that satisfied Kaina for she stood up with a smile on her face.

Then she did the exact opposite of what she told her.

The witch ran.

As if to spur her on.

This time, she could not control herself. She gave in to the pleasure of the hunt.

She chased the witch and she was surprised when she caught up with her. Hell, even Kaina was surprised.

She pounced on Kaina, knocking her to the ground. Before she could hit the earth, Rhaze twisted them so that she would fall on the ground as Kaina fell over her wolf-form.

Within a fraction of a second, she twisted them again so that Kaina was beneath her. Seeing Kaina under her, gave her satisfaction and to be honest the smile on Kaina's face was not helping.

You're mine! Rhaze snarled.

Before she could control her stupid instincts, she felt her fangs elongate as she descended.

Kaina, if anything, tilted her face, giving Rhaze access to her neck.

Seeing the smooth skin, Rhaze almost lost it. She sank her fangs into her skin.

Only then did she realise what she had done.

She had not merely bitten Kaina as claiming her hunt. She had fucking Marked her.

***********

When the aftermath hit her, she shifted to her human form with no control. She had Marked Kaina without her consent.

She groaned when Kaina slowly opened her eyes and smiled at her lazily.

"Shit. I am sorry," Rhaze said. "I did not know what happened. I am so so sorry. Shit. you have every right to kill me. Damn it. When Lyra comes, I will ask her to cut this-"

Kaina got up and pushed Rhaze down. The change in her demeanour irked the beta in her, but this witch meant to be a Zayin. Regretfully, she submitted.

Kaina took both her hands and locked it above her head with one hand of her as she straddled her. Her legs, pinned her pelvis to the ground as she leant on her.

With her free hand, she whispered on her skin with the language of touch.

Rhaze moaned and nearly came at that touch.

Kaina leaned more forward and took her bottom lip between her teeth and sucked it.

She cried out loud.

"You talk too much," Kaina whispered in her ears as she released her lips and moved to her ears. "Think too much."

Then she sucked the shell of her ear.

Rhaze tugged her hands that were bound by this female's hand. Rhaze wanted to feel her.

Then Kaina released her ears and kissed her full on her mouth. Sparks flew.

That whatever thing that was between them became clear as crystal. The bond snapped into place between them.

Rhaze gasped at the overwhelming feeling. She could feel the love Kaina had for her.

"You have no idea how much I waited for this," Kaina said when she released her bruised lips. "No idea."

Then it hit her. "You knew."

Kaina nodded. "Since the day I saw you. I followed you three just for you."

Rhaze loved history and anything that had to deal with long sentences and pretty words. But literature failed her.

"Why did you hide it?" she whispered, feeling betrayed.

Kaina sighed and released her hands. "I never hid it. You never saw it."

Rhaze gasped. "What? Even if it had snapped-"

"-a hundred years from now, I would have waited for you," Kaina smiled. "You are worth it, Rhaze. You are so worth everything."

Rhaze gulped. "But still, I should have marked you, without your consent."

A wicked grin spread over her face. "Oh! You had my consent alright. Do you think that if I had not wanted you to Mark me, I would have let you to?"

Rhaze blinked. "Makes sense."

Kaina pecked her lips again before getting up. "Oh! Don't worry, my love. I will Mark you, Darling. Just not here and now. When we are in the confines of our room after taking the revenge on East Tribe and West Pack, I shall. I want to hear you moan my name out loud for me. Loud enough for everyone to know that you belong to me and I belong to you. I won't take anything less."

With that, Kaina walked in front of her, swaying her hips. Rhaze's breathing got heavier just by her words. How the hell did Kaina know her thoughts anyway?

Just for those words, she wanted to push Kaina against a tree and have her way with her. And to her surprise, she realised that she would not have minded being the one pushed against the tree.

*********

Her clothes were faithful. They remained where she had last laid them

Wearing the clothes, she could not help but trace her lips with her fingers. Her mate had accepted the bond.

As much as this lighted things for her, she had lost a pack member. Taking a deep breath, she entered the house to see everyone gathered there. They congratulated her. Seemed like Kaina had filled them.

Nodding absentmindedly to them, she saw that the door to Lyra's room was open. She inched closer to see the wreckage of the room.

Everything was ripped apart. Everything. Even the bed and the mattress. Lamps were smashed and the glass was broken.

It was like a hurricane had hit this room alone.

She stepped in and looked around. Who could have done this?

The answer was right in front of her. He was kneeling on the garden he maintained.

And that was when she knew how much Aries loved Lyra.

It was written all over his face.

It was the agony of a mate being separated from his other half.

Who said Aries had to court her sister?

It appeared that he had formed a bond with Lyra only to feel it fall apart.

*********

A/N: kill me later. 

My intention was not to make it that sad... But I ended up doing it. 

*questioning my life choices*

Until next update (I am so very excited about this. Let's see)

~Quill

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

310 15 14
Lyra has been held hostage by the man who killed her father for 14 years now. She has been treated as a slave by her captors enduring torture and ha...
572 197 14
Lycan's were the first beasts created by the moon goddess to protect gods creation; the humans, from Lucifer's creation; the Vampires. Once the dark...
498K 6.3K 16
To read the full book please see the info below: What a wild ride this has been with almost half a million reads! However, It is now time for me to e...
961K 32.8K 41
[Book 1] Series of Gods~ Lightning is the last of her kind, a Shifter, but she's something more. She has powers that are unbelievable, her mom and he...