My Man, My Admirer (Cake Fanf...

By surfingcake

Calum Hood, the bassist from the rock band "5 Seconds of Summer" has feelings for the lead singer of the band... More

My Man, My Admirer || Cake Fanfiction
Chapter 1 - What's wrong with Luke?
Chapter 2 - Accidental Love Letters
Chapter 3 - Secrets and Lies
Chapter 4 - Confessions
Chapter 5 - Because it Benefits Me
Chapter 6 - Too Confused
Chapter 7 - Who's my Man?
Chapter 8 - Mr. Confident
Chapter 9 - #CakeLL
Chapter 10 - Bound to L.A.
Chapter 11 - Breaking His Heart
Chapter 12 - I Do
Chapter 13 - The Library of Love
Chapter 14 - Movies & Cuddles
Chapter 15 - It's Not Stress
Chapter 16 - We're Brothers
Chapter 17 - The Truth
Chapter 18 - Surprise Lucas
Chapter 19 - Not a Perfect Christmas
Chapter 20 - Redoing Christmas
Chapter 21 - Back at it Again
Chapter 22 - Tour Bus
Chapter 23 - Stay Safe, Please
Chapter 24 - Running Away
Chapter 25 - Soon
Chapter 26 - Nothing But Awkward
Chapter 27 - Raining on the Rooftop
Chapter 28 - Second Chances
Chapter 29 - Reunion Plans
Chapter 30 - Doubts and Questions
Chapter 31 - Perfect Two
Chapter 32 - Back Home
Chapter 33 - 12:00 AM
Chapter 34 - A Night to Remember
Chapter 35 - Mobbed
Chapter 36 - Under The Sea
Chapter 37 - Daniel and Chris
Chapter 38 - Dogsitting Pt.1
Chapter 39 - Dogsitting Pt.2
Chapter 40 - Dogsitting Pt.3
Chapter 42 - Dream Big Luke
Chapter 43 - Dream Big Calum
Chapter 44 - Dream Big Ashton
Chapter 45 - Dream Big Michael
Chapter 46 - Mess Up
Chapter 47 - Red & White Dye
Chapter 48 - Replacement
Chapter 49 - Livestream
Chapter 50 - New Beginnings
Epilogue (and more)

Chapter 41 - National Anthem

3.1K 106 49
By surfingcake

Hiiiiiiiiiiii

Anyways, I'm back with another update.

For those who don't know, I check comments for a chapter

on the week that it's uploaded, and then I leave it alone. :P

Bye. cx

--

(Calum's POV) 

It has been over a week, and Luke's cuts and bruises slowly started to disappear. We had left Miami three days ago, and arrived here, in Atlanta, Georgia. Ever since the kidnapping, I protected Luke as much as I could, without getting him annoyed.

@Luke5SOS: Atlanta hi xxx

We were walking down the streets of Atlanta, Georgia, trying to find the history museum. We don't even like history. Well, guess what? The rest of our traveling crew does.

Anthony and Amayra used a gigantic paper map, looking for any words with 'history' and 'museum.' I think they forgot that we have a map app on our phones. The four of us trailed behind them, kicking pieces of rubble beneath our feet.

Before our show tonight, Anthony and Amayra wanted to check out a history museum, so we were kind of stuck with them. Also, Anthony has done so much for us, so he deserves to do something that he likes. Amayra too, I guess.

"You might think it'll be boring, but-"

"Don't even start, history and museums are the least of my priorities when I'm in America." Michael scoffed, kicking a rock onto someone's lawn. Anthony just laughed and turned around to face him.

"What do you like most about touring?" He questioned.

"Performing, why?" Ashton answered as Michael nodded. Anthony smiled.

"You'll have fun then."

"I bet there's history about performing artists!" Amayra exclaimed. "If there are, you four could easily fit under the pop-rock aisle."

"With a little punk." Luke added, smirking. I wrapped my arm around his waist as we continued walking through the empty streets of Atlanta. I'm surprised that none of the fans were out and getting ready to pounce on us.

After about two blocks, Anthony pointed out a large gray building, stating: AMH - Atlanta's Museum of History. The four of us groaned as we crossed the street, entering the enormous building. Once we entered, I wanted to leave. The first sight was unappealing.

A flight of stairs.

These stairs weren't like the ones at Lady Liberty (where Luke asked Calum #tb), these were spiraling all the way to the very top of the building. I almost passed out, wondering how we would reach the top.

"We're not going to the top right? Or are there elevators, escalators? I think we'll just check out this floor." I rambled. Both Anthony and Amayra shook their heads and forced us onto the stairs, Luke, Ashton, and Michael rolling their eyes.

Step after step after step after step. It was a long way up, and I nearly gave up 1/10 of the way there. Ashton and Michael were far ahead with Amayra and Anthony, but Luke and I stayed behind.

"Luke, carry me?" I complained.

"I'm as tired as you are, Cal." Luke mumbled, pulling me up the stairs by my wrist. We walked up and through the crowd of people going down, before finally making it to the top. The trip up thousands of staircases was not worth it at all.

"Why are we in a concrete room with chairs and an American flag?" Michael questioned, tilting his head towards Anthony and Amayra. They just stayed silent, taking a seat onto the wooden chairs. The four of us sat in the row behind them and asked, "Are you going to tell us or not?"

"Sorry, boys. Well, the national guards are coming today, to do a ceremony for Americans. So, we decided to bring you along with us."

"We're not American if you don't know yet." Luke said, emphasizing his accent. Ashton snorted as they just shook their heads in understandment.

"We know, but you guys are performing."

"Us?" We asked in sync.

"Yes, the National Anthem. We signed you four up last night. Now, go and practice, will be downstairs." The two said, standing up from their seats. Without any word.

Ashton, Luke, Michael and I approached the small stage, the flag hanging on the wall from behind. Four stools were clearly placed, as well as a CD and a music box. I played with the buttons, before giving up.

"Who knows how to use an old school device? We have YouTube, iTunes!" I grumbled.

"First of all, what's the National Anthem?" Michael questioned, scratching his head.

"It's the American song for their country. I don't know how it goes though." Ashton replied as I shook my head in agreement. The three of us darted our eyes at Luke, but he just gave us an unsure look. He spoke a few times.

"Oh come all Ye Faithful, J-"

"No." We replied.

"Feliz Navidad?"

"No!" Ashton exclaimed. "That's a Christmas song."

"Fine," Luke mumbled, "The land of the free, and the home of the brave?"

"YES!" We yelled, looking at him in surprise. He just nodded, but his face looked a bit ashamed. I wrapped my arm around his shoulders as I asked, "What's wrong?"

"Uhm, that's all I know."

- Small Time Skip - 

After looking at the lyrics on the internet, the national guards started to pile in, Anthony and Amayra towards the back. The four of us sheepishly smiled towards the guards, as we continued to look at the lyrics for the anthem.

"How the hell will we memorize the first line in five minutes."

"All we've been doing is staring at it."

"Guys, it's starti-"

"Shut up Luke, we have to figure this out." Michael cut him off sounding annoyed.

"No I'm serious, it's sta-" Luke got cut off once again.

"Welcome troops, national guards, navys, from all over the United States." A suited man spoke. Michael looked scared, as well as Ashton, but Luke rolled his eyes. I clung onto Luke with my right hand, waiting for him to continue to speak.

"Why didn't you say anything Luke, geez." Michael mumbled.

"Without further to do, a band from Australia, Five Seconds Of Summer, are here to start off the National Anthem for you all. Please welcome, Luke, Calum, Ashton, and Michael." The man continued, stepping off of the stage as we walked on.

"Hi we're Five Seconds Of Summer." We all chorused.

"I guess we should get started. Please rise." Ashton mentioned into the microphone. As the group of men and women rose, I looked over at the music box. Okay, so I clicked the purple button, and the blue ones, as well as the red ones. The green one! The one that stated 'PLAY.'

I slipped the CD into the music box and pressed the green button, as the song started. They all placed their hands to their hearts, and we mimicked their movements. As the song played, we all stayed silent, but it seemed fine. It seemed like it was meant to be silent, just with music playing in the background.

As soon as the song stopped playing, I quickly placed the music box in the back and joined the rest of the boys on the stage's side seats. The same man went back up, still placing his hand on his chest.

"Ladies and Gentleman, I would like to thank you all for joining us today. Ever since 1954, this museum has been a big part of the Atlanta community. We might have all not been around back then, but it is still dear to our hearts..."

The speaker continued on about the museum's history and the special organizations and troops. I held in a yawn, not wanting to show the audience that I wasn't paying attention. I turned to my right to see Luke's eyes big and his head rising up to down.

"Yawning his hella contagious. Especially from people you love the most." He whispered in my ear. I shivered at his hot breath and let my pants tighten. Great Luke, thanks. 

"....Without further to do, as a closing of this ceremony, please welcome performing artists, Five Seconds of Summer!" the speaker proclaimed, giving the stage up. My eyes widened as the four of us took a seat on the black stools, in complete confusion.

"Well, hi again." Michael awkwardly spoke.

"It's been a great speech by the speaker, even though he already left." I mentioned, watching him go down the flight of stairs. One of the troop ladies raised their hands, and I just pointed at the tall brunette girl, "Yes Ma'am."

"What was he talking about? If you boys thought it was such a great speech."

I sat there, my mouth wide open. The boys probably weren't paying attention either, because they were all thinking. Luke shifted his weight across his seat, trying to find a quick solution to the entire problem.

"I remember the, uh, something to do with 1945 or 1954? I'm not really sure." Luke answered the lady. She looked at the four of us sternly before questioning, "So, you four teenage boys thought that this speech was boring?"

Heads hanging low in shame, the four of us nodded, Ashton saying 'yes' into the microphone. Instead of critism, the whole group of troop members erupted in happiness. They were all high fiving each other and chest bumping.

"Wha- wait what's going on!?" I asked. She just let out a small laugh.

"This whole thing was boring. We just came last minute because we heard that you four would be here. That's Ashton, Michael, Luke, and you're Calum. We didn't want to sound immature in front of you boys. We thought you listened through the whole thing!"

"I nearly fell asleep!" A tall man added. "Now, are you going to perform or what?"

The four of us shared a glance of mixed emotions, before turning back to the crowd. "We aren't ready to perform today, but they do have guitars in the back for an acoustic." I mumbled sadly, not wanting to disappoint them. They seemed pretty hardcore, honestly.

"The difference is," Luke cut in saying, "We have the whole set here, right behind you all." Before I could even blink, Michael and Ashton were gone, and Luke was pulling me towards the back. Right where Anthony and Amayra were, there was a stage with the whole set up ready. Bass, guitars, and the drums. I took my spot as the troops happily turned their seats around, most even staying standing. I smiled at the crowd, as Ashton yelled into the microphone.

"THIS IS INDEPENDENCE DAY!"

You might think that we would all have a good time and jam out to our music with the United States's heroes and you're right. The difference is that the people downstairs thought otherwise. After two songs, they all left and the manager and a few elderly couples came in.

"What the hell happened to an acoustic performance?"

Luke responded, strumming his guitar.

"Boys, you will be in so much trouble if you don't explain."

Michael strummed his guitar with Luke, making a louder sound.

"I'm giving you a chance, now."

Ashton started to bang his drums (lol), as Michael and Luke strummed their guitars.

"LAST CHANCE BOYS, DON'T MAKE ME GET YOUR-"

"Anthony? That's the best you got?" I questioned.

Silence filled the room. He opened his mouth to say something, but it was replaced.

Replaced by a bass, guitars, and a set of drums.

--

I hope you guys liked ittt.

QOTD: Favorite Movie/TV Show?

Mine's Once Upon A Time x South Park

Comment? Vote? Share? Follow?

TYASM byeeeee cx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.8K 431 39
What happens when Tesa Hood falls in love with Luke Hemmings? a regular teenage girl has the brother who plays the bass in the band called 5 Seconds...
37.6K 1.3K 53
So, hi. I'm Michael Clifford, and I'm in this awesome band called 5 Seconds of Summer. Oh, and I'm gay. Wanna know the crazy part? I'm in love with...
3.7K 102 27
Calum Hood, bassist for up and coming Australian band 5 Seconds of Summer, can't believe his luck when he finds the girl of his dreams in a tattoo sh...
182K 2.7K 47
Imagines and Preferences featuring the 5 Seconds of Summer boys Michael Clifford, Luke Hemmings, Ashton Irwin, and Calum Hood. Requests Are Now Close...