She's Off Limits ¦ taerose

By monamonte

Park Chaeyoung has a heart condition. Due to this, she easily gets tired and stressed out. So her family beca... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Epilogue

Chapter 21

1K 57 18
By monamonte

Jungkook was happily driving the SUV with Lisa on the passenger's seat beside him. A refreshing summer song was playing in the background as they both sang along with it.

Jimin and Roseanne were sitting behind them. Roseanne was peacefully sleeping on Jimin's shoulders while he was reading business articles on his phone.

Taehyung was seated behind Jimin and Roseanne. He was brooding by himself since he wanted to sit beside Roseanne. But Jimin won't allow and ordered Taehyung to sit on the back seat instead.

On the other car was Seokjin, Hoseok, Namjoon and Yoongi. Seokjin brought his fiancé with him, Cha Hyori. While Namjoon's girlfriend, Lee Shinbi, also tagged along in their summer trip.

Roseanne and Lisa also invited Jennie and Jisoo but the sisters had to decline since they will be travelling to Japan for a business trip.

They were heading to a beach resort in Sokcho which was a 2-hour drive from Seoul. They were staying there over the weekend.

They reached the resort at around eight in the morning. They went to eat their breakfast right after putting their things in their respectful rooms. They were all sharing a room by twos, except for Yoongi. The people who were sharing a room were: Roseanne and Lisa, Taehyung and Jungkook, Jimin and Hoseok, Namjoon and Shinbi, and Seokjin and Hyori

After breakfast, everyone excitedly went to explore the resort.

Taehyung just came from the restroom when he saw Roseanne talking to a man. He was standing a couple of feet from them so he was unable to hear their conversation. But he clearly saw the man playfully pinching Roseanne's cheeks. He was furious when he realized how close he was standing next to her. His eyes were boring into the man's face as he kept on praying for the man to disappear into thin air.

He was still looking daggers at the man when Roseanne noticed him. She cheerfully waved at Taehyung. He responded with a short smile before marching towards Roseanne and the man.

"Taehyung-oppa! The guys said they'll be playing beach volleyball. Are you not joining them?"

"Huh? Ah, I am. I just went to the restroom."

"Oh! By the way, this is Bang Seungjo..."

Ring! Ring! Ring!

"Oops! I'm sorry. I really need to take this." Seungjo said as he glanced at Roseanne and Taehyung. "I'll uh, see you around, Ch- I mean, Roseanne." He grinned at Roseanne and ruffled her hair before walking away.

Why is he being unnecessarily touchy towards her? Argh!

"Oppa, let's go!" Roseanne called.

"Yeah."

As they were walking to the beach, Taehyung noticed some guys craning their necks as they passed by. Their eyes were glued at the woman beside him. He hissed in annoyance, trying to hide his built-up frustration.

She was wearing an oversized white dress shirt that hang in the middle of her thighs. Underneath, she's wearing a one-piece shorts swimsuit. She put her hair in a messy bun to finish her look.

Taehyung gave Roseanne a once-over.

No wonder those men can't take their eyes off of her. She looks cute and irresistibly sexy at the same time. But I'm starting to get annoyed, can't they all see that I'm with her?

Roseanne snapped her head at Taehyung when she heard him mutter inaudibly. She noticed his furrowed brows so she held his arm to keep him from walking further.

"Taehyung-oppa, is everything alright?" She asked with a raised brow.

"Y-yeah. Of course, there's nothing wrong."

Aside from these fools who are ogling you right now, nothing's wrong.

She crossed her arms over her chest as she openly studied his face. "Are you sure?"

He chuckled at her shrewdness. "What?! I'm really fine. Come on, the others are already waiting for us."

Then he put his arms around her shoulders and dragged her forward. Then he continued walking with a smug look on his face.

See? Told ya she's with me! Taehyung mentally said as he eyed the men who were looking at Roseanne earlier.

The guys, except for Yoongi, were already warming up when Taehyung and Roseanne joined them. The guys were about to play beach volleyball against each other. The hyung line, Seokjin, Namjoon and Hoseok versus the maknae line, Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook. Yoongi volunteered to be the referee.

The girls were comfortably watching on the sides, cheering for their chosen team. Hyori and Shinbi were cheering for the hyung line while Roseanne and Lisa were cheering for the maknae line. They were playfully bantering against each other as they cheered for their respective teams.

After playing for about an hour, the hyung line won with only a two-point lead.

"If you weren't busy ogling my sister for the past hour, we could have won that game." Jimin snickered right at Taehyung's ear.

Taehyung's eyes went round at Jimin's accusation. "I-I wasn't . . ."

"Don't think I didn't notice where your eyes were directed, Tae. You were a lot obvious than you think."

"I-I was?" Taehyung asked absentmindedly. "Ah. I mean . . . I was not do..."

"I can't stop you from looking, but make sure to keep your hands off of her." Jimin sternly warned.

Taehyung nodded before leaving Jimin behind.

... ... ... ... ...

Taehyung was heading inside the restaurant for dinner when he saw the man whom Roseanne was talking to earlier. He was sitting by himself while leisurely drinking at the bar.

He smirked before heading towards the man.

When he reached the bar, he ordered the same drink as the man was having and sat two seats from him. After receiving his own drink, he secretly spat at it. Then he swirled his drink and mixed everything well.

Then he cautiously moved a seat closer to the man.

He cleared his throat before saying, "Um, excuse me." Taehyung called the man's attention.

The man looked at him and raised his eyebrows at him. "Yes?"

"You're Bang Seungjo, right?"

"Yes. Do I know you?"

"No. But you know Roseanne right?" Taehyung asked while carefully pushing his glass closer to Seungjo's glass.

When Seungjo perked up at Taehyung after hearing Roseanne's name, Taehyung sneakily swapped his and Seungjo's glasses. Then he slid Seungjo's glass away from its owner.

"Yeah." Seungjo briefly paused to think. "Oh, I remember now. You were with her earlier. Are you her boyfriend? That cheeky little girl. She did not even introduce us properly." Seungjo grinned.

Me? Her boyfriend? Yeah, I will soon be. But why does he look happy as he said that? Shouldn't he feel jealous even for a bit? He was just carelessly flirting with her earlier. Or does he feel so confident about taking Roseanne from me that he wasn't bothered at all? Huh?! I'm neve...

"BANG. SEUNGJO." Someone called the man before him and distracted Taehyung from his thoughts.

Taehyung and Seungjo both looked at the direction where the voice came from.

It was Jimin.

He dashed towards them and engulfed Seungjo in a tight hug. "Hyung!!" Jimin called. "You're actually here. Chaeng told me earlier that she saw you but I did not believe her. Now I owe her ten dollars."

"That's what you get for not trusting your sister." Seungjo chuckled.

"Tae, I did not notice you there." Jimin said after noticing Taehyung's presence.

"It's fine." Taehyung answered with a short smile.

"By the way, do you know each other already?" Jimin asked.

"Not exactly." Taehyung answered.

Jimin placed his hand over Seungjo's shoulder, "Tae, this is my cousin, Bang Seungjo."

WHAT?! They're freakin' cousins?

"Hyung, this is my friend, Kim Taehyung."

Taehyung gulped his throat when Seungjo grabbed the glass that was formerly Taehyung's. He scrunched his face when Seungjo drank everything in one shot.

"Wow! That was my first hard liquor in two years. I wonder how I survived all this time. That was unusually good."

Did my saliva tasted that good? Taehyung disgustedly thought to himself.

"Seungjo-hyung is a pediatrician. He worked in Africa for two years for a medical mission. He, Roseanne and I had been the closest among all our cousins since the three of us were the only ones whose age was the closest to one another."

In the next minute, Taehyung felt his blood drain out his face.

I just did that to Rosie's close cousin? I'm so sorry. I didn't realized how petty I became.

Taehyung plastered a smile on his face, unable to do anything else after hearing the news about Jimin and Roseanne's cousin.

"By the way, Hyung, would you like to join us? We're about to have our dinner."

"Ah, as much as I'd like to spend time with you and Chaeyoung, I'm actually waiting for my girlfriend right now. She just went back to our room to get something."

"Oh! Just see to it that you'll make time for me and Chaeng, okay? That girl has been bugging me about visiting you in Africa, saying that she's missed you a lot."

"Yeah, I already promised your sister to do just that."

"If that's the case then you better grant your promise. Or Chaeng will never let you live."

"Of course, I never forgot how vicious she can get."

How vicious can she get? I wonder.

... ... ... ... ...

Roseanne just had her bath when she heard a knock on the door. She looked at the wall clock as she walked towards the door.

10:18 PM

"Woah! Isn't it a miracle for Lisa to come back this early after her date with Jungkook?"

She was grinning from ear to ear as she opened the door widely. She didn't bother checking the peephole since she was almost sure that only Lisa will come bother her at this hour. But her smile grew from delight to surprise after opening the door. Because aside from Lisa who is in front of her, Taehyung was standing right behind Lisa.

"Ah . . ." Roseanne started to say before Lisa interrupted her.

"Let's talk inside." Lisa said before pushing Roseanne back inside their room and closing the door behind them, leaving Taehyung outside.

"Why did you clo..."

"Chae, I need to ask you a favor." Lisa said while she fiddled with the ends of her hair.

"Look up, Lalisa. Because I'm sensing that what you're about to tell me is something . . . not good."

Lisa immediately looked up and met her gaze before saying, "I-It's not like that."

"Then, what is it?"

"I just . . ."

"Lis, I'm kind of tired already. Just hurry up and tell me what you need me to do."

Lisa grinned before engulfing Roseanne in a tight hug. "You're the best, Chae."

"W-wait! Don't misunderstand me. I just wanted to know what is that you were finding so hard to tell me. I haven't agreed to anything yet."

"Yeah. But there's not much of a difference. Thank you, Chae. I owe you a lot."

And before Roseanne can respond, Lisa quickly ran outside to grab Taehyung and pull him inside the room.

"So . . . First and foremost, you both make sure that Jimin-oppa won't catch us or else I'll forever be banned from Chae's life. I promise to come back here before sunrise so there's no need for you to worry."

Roseanne's jaw dropped after what Lisa just said. She was still confused about what Lisa was trying to say but she was already starting to understand her best friend's odd behavior earlier.

"Are you . . . Uh . . . Taehyung-oppa will be sleeping in here?" Roseanne exclaimed.

Lisa playfully pointed her finger at Roseanne. "That's my girl. Now I have to go. I can't leave Jungkook for too long." She said with a hurried bye before closing the door.

Roseanne and Taehyung awkwardly stood in the middle of the room for a few seconds.

"Uh . . . It looked like Lisa didn't tell explain anything much." Taehyung said while he massaged the back of his neck.

"Ah, yes. I wasn't surprised, to be honest. She does that most of the time. She asks you a favor at the last minute so you'll end up giving in to her. But this time, I was just caught off guard. Like really . . ."

Taehyung chuckled. "Yeah, I understand. I would have felt the same if I was in your shoes."

"So uh . . . did something happen with Jungkook?"

"He's feeling under the weather. He just needs some rest. For sure, he'll be feeling better tomorrow. So there's really nothing to worry about. Just that, when Jungkook gets sick . . ."

"He becomes a bit overboard in being a clingy and whiny child." Roseanne finished what Taehyung was trying to say.

"Huh?"

"That was not what you were trying to say?" She asked disconcertingly.

"Not the exact words but it was more or less what I was trying to hint at." He answered softly.

"Oh! You were surprised I knew?"

"Y-yeah. A bit."

"Hmmm. Then hear me out." She said. "I often visit Lisa's condo. Actually, we almost live at each other's condo or apartment from all the sleepovers and unexpected visits. If you come to think of it, I wonder why we never thought about living with each other. That would have saved us a lot of travel time and money. And . . ."

Then Roseanne noticed that Taehyung's brows were furrowed as he listened to her.

"Oh! Was I getting off topic?"

"Kind of."

"Sorry. Anyway . . . what was it that I was trying to tell you?" She paused briefly before continuing, "Oh! Yes. Jungkook.

At that time, I was paying Lisa a visit to give her kimchi and other side dishes that my mom made. I already know the passcode to her door so I entered her condo without telling her beforehand. It was about seven in the morning on a Sunday and Lisa usually wakes up around lunchtime during the weekend when she doesn't have a shoot. So I just went inside, straight to her kitchen.

I was arranging the food inside the fridge when I felt warm arms wrap around my waist. I was startled at first. And because it's another common behavior from the only Lalisa Manoban, I started to relax. Only when I saw the masculine arms on me that I screamed.

I pushed the man off of me and heard him grunted when he fell hard on the floor. I was shocked after I turned around and saw Jungkook on the floor. His eyes were half closed while his hair was a total mess, looking like someone who just woke up. Thinking that I was Lisa, he kept on whining why I pushed him off when he, the sick boyfriend, only wanted to hug his girlfriend."

Taehyung grimaced.

"I, too, cringed after hearing his grumbles."

"Jungkook hugged you?" Taehyung asked without meaning to say it out loud.

"Yeah?"

"Shit! I said that aloud."

Roseanne giggled. "That one too."

"Huh?"

This scene just felt oddly familiar. Taehyung thought to himself.

Is it just me and my expectant self? Or did he really look weird when he asked whether Jungkook hugged me or not. Roseanne mentally wondered.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Author's Note

I'm forever thankful to those who are reading this story and those who casted their votes. Please leave comments too. I'd like to know what you think about the story so far.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! 😊😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 186 29
" I feel like my life began with you and it truly did..." (Unedited) You are a regular girl living with your parents but one day after school you see...
52.9K 2.9K 40
Park Chaeyoung just broke up with her boyfriend of three years, Kim Taehyung. But she did not have a clue as to why he broke up with her. So she was...
37.9K 2.9K 179
"Chaeyoung -" Taehyung reached out to hold her hand, but was pushed away by her. Chaeyoung tore the notebook into pieces and then threw the pieces ou...
3K 527 26
Taehyung X Reader "Tae..taehyung" she murmured and run to him and held him by his arm making him stumble a little "N...no no please d...don't leave...