THE DEAL | ✔️

By carita_dcosta

Daxton Langford is a perfectionist. He's the typical guy that every woman dreams of. He's got the looks. He's... More

EPIGRAPH
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
EPILOGUE
AUTHOR'S NOTE

CHAPTER 13

2K 62 6
By carita_dcosta

Daxton's POV

I smiled to myself as I walked back inside our home after Jade and her family left back.

"Good night mom and dad", I said as I glanced at my parents.

"Good night, son", my parents said at the same time and laughed lightly.

I turned around and walked upstairs.

I couldn't help but smile to myself.

Jade was everything I ever needed and I'm just so glad that she's giving this relation a chance.

She's giving us a chance.

I admire her not only for the beauty, but because we think alike. We had the same mindset about pretty much everything, especially marriage.

As I walked down the corridor towards my room, I was dragged out of my thoughts as I collided into something, rather someone; Alex.

"Hey buddy, where did you go all of a sudden?", I asked him as I frowned.

"Does it even matter?", he asked bluntly and I was taken aback.

"What do you mean?", I asked in bewilderment.

"You don't even care, stop pretending. All you care about is your fiancée", he spat and my eyes widened.

"Is my little brother jealous because I'm spending more time with my fiancée?", I cooed and he rolled his eyes.

"Spare me your crap", he said as he tried to walk past me, but I tugged at his forearm.

"Why are you so mad about the fact that she's my fiancée? The first day you were all over her and now you don't even glance at her", I voiced my thoughts and he just scoffed.

"Exactly. Because I wanted her", he yelled and I was taken aback, again.

"You wanted her?", I asked, unaware of what exactly he meant.

"Yes, I wanted her. But no, you had to come and make her your fiancée", he threw his hands up in frustration.

I glanced down from the landing to look if our parents had heard Alex yelling and came out to see the commotion, but was glad when I didn't see them.

"Alex, if you liked her then you should have told me. I would hav-", I was interrupted.

"Like her? Jesus no, I don't like her", Alex laughed evilly.

Was he drunk? Or worse, was he possessed?

Because he looked scary right now.

"Then, what do you mean? Can you elaborate on your bloody words?", I asked, frustrated of Alex's drama.

"Come on, Dax. She's sexy, you know it too. All I wanted was to fuck her and then you could-", Alex didn't get to complete his sentence because I slapped him hard across the face.

"If you say anything stupid about my fiancée, I swear you will regret it", I glared at him.

He smirked evilly.

"Oh look what your fiancée has done. Made you slap your little brother already", his smirk grew wider as he held his slightly swollen cheek.

"Look Alex, you're my little brother. I'm supposed to correct you when you're wrong. You're not supposed to talk like this about Jade or any girl for that matter", I said as I tried to calm myself.

"Yes, dad", Alex mocked and I had to control the urge of slamming him against the wall.

"The next time you talk shit about anyone, I won't hesitate to slap you again", I huffed before walking past him and towards my room.

I heard him mumble a sorry, but didn't stop to look at him.

I swung the door to my room open and shut it hard once I was in.

Alex was definitely the spoilt kid. He had all of the riches ever since he was born because my dad's company was well set up by then, where as I was trained to be the good big brother who let his baby brother have everything even though my parents could afford everything for both of us.

Sharing, my ass.

I changed into some track pants, getting rid of the formal clothes that I was wearing earlier and plonked myself on my bed.

I rubbed my face in frustration.

Did I do the right thing by slapping Alex?

I mean, I know I'm supposed to correct him when he's wrong and he spoke so badly about Jade.

So, I guess maybe I was right.

Ugh.

Thinking of Jade, maybe I should call her.

00:37, the time on my lock screen read.

I looked at her contact and contemplated if it was alright to call her right now.

Maybe she was sleeping, or maybe she wasn't.

Ugh, I feel like a teenager right now.

I decided to call her and I did.

I hung up after three rings, incase she was sleeping. I wouldn't want to be disturbing her.

Damn, I'm sure she's sleeping. I shouldn't have called her.

I stared at my ceiling, not knowing what to do.

My phone vibrated on my bare chest as it indicated an incoming call.

I smiled when I saw Jade's name.

I answered the call and pressed my phone to my right ear.

"Hello?", I heard her bewildered voice and smiled to myself.

"Hey Jade, it's me. Your Dax", I said and heard her sigh in relief.

"Dax! I'm glad it's you. I was worried because it was an unknown number", she said and I knew she was smiling.

"Were you sleeping? I'm sorry if I-"

"Oh no, I was awake. I was just at the washroom", she interrupted me and I nodded.

There was a brief silence.

"Oh, how's Alex though? He's acting kind of weird these past days", she broke the silence and I rolled my eyes.

"Forget about Alex. Don't care about him", I mumbled.

I couldn't tell her what an asshole my brother was.

"Something's wrong. I mean, he isn't even replying to my texts", she said and I was infuriated.

"How did you get his number?", I asked.

"Um, he texted me first. So, that's how", she said slowly on the other end.

Alex has gone up the extent of texting her first to lure her into his trap?

Anger rushed through me as I thought about this.

"Dax? What's wrong?", she asked on the other end and I inhaled deeply.

"Is there anything between Alex and you? I mean, do you feel anything for him?", I blurted out and everything was silent for a few seconds, making me think that she hung up.

"Huh? What- what do you mean?", she asked with a hint of surprise in her voice.

"You heard me", I said, not wanting to repeat the damn question again.

"No, Dax. Ever since we first met, I couldn't stop think about you", she whispered and I let out a breath of relief.

"There's nothing between Alex and I. But you do know what we have between us", she continued when I didn't say anything.

"Of course. Your my fiancée", I chuckled and she laughed lightly.

This girl knows how to make me feel good in an instant.

Imagine her doing this to me every single day for the rest of our lives.

I could get used to this.

I just laid on my bed in complete silence and Jade was silent too.

It wasn't awkward, but it was pretty comfortable.

"Do you know that we've been silent for almost six minutes", Jade broke the silence making me smile.

"Is someone sleepy?", I asked and heard her chuckle lightly on the other end.

"Oh yes, I am. It's been such a long day", she yawned faintly, as if to prove it to me.

"Yes, a good long day", I corrected, to which she hummed in response.

"Good night, my Dax", she said, making my heart beat faster.

"Good night, my muffin", I blurted out, surprising myself and maybe Jade too.

"Why did you call me a muffin?", she asked and I smiled.

"Because your brown eyes and hair reminds me of chocolate muffins", I said as I rolled to the other side of my bed.

"Muffin?", she asked, again.

"My muffin", I smiled and I was pretty sure she was blushing on the other end.

"Alright then, good night my Blueberry", she said making me smile.

"Blueberry?", I asked and I heard her chuckle on the other end.

"Blueberry are my favourite muffins and also, you've got beautiful blue eyes", she says softly, making me grin.

"Wow", I whispered and heard her giggle.

"Good night, my muffin", I said.

"Good night, my blueberry", she replied before hanging up.

_

A/N:

Okay, I'm sorry about the awkward couple names but I think that's the only thing I could come up with. Every other name was pretty common and I didn't want it to be same as others. So please excuse the nicknames.

Also, I really like muffins lol.

Lots Of Love
-Carita D'Costa❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.9M 614K 24
All Samantha is asking for from Lucas is to forgive her for ruining his life four years ago, but how can that be possible when the only thing on his...
5.1M 157K 67
⚠️ Published version Available in Paperback & E-Book through Amazon! This WattPad version is a well-loved rough draft, enjoy it! But be warned it's t...
1.5M 44K 45
"I-I should be heading to my room now." I told him not in anyway ready to face him. "Turn around." He instructed. "Your fiancee may w-wake up soon to...
263K 8.6K 36
a simple yet beautiful hard-working girl falls in love with simply the wrong but the right guy at the same time, jasmine white is a 24 years old wom...