Risk

By red-romanoff84

Natasha Romanoff is 22 and studying at college after years of travelling with her family. James Barnes is 33... More

Introduction.
Prologue.
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thrity One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six

Twenty one

1K 47 42
By red-romanoff84

"Alright, I'm tired of watching you mope around all depressed," Clint clapped his hands together, a point of action as Natasha looked up from the movie she was watching on the Tv.

She was still in pyjamas, a blanket wrapped around her and hair pulled up on a messy bun at the top
of her head. In her lap was half a tub of ice cream which she was eating with a spoon half heartedly. She turned her gaze to him, unfazed as she swallowed a mouthful.

"I've no idea what you mean, I'm in the prime of life." She stated sarcastically, watching him raise his eyebrows at her.

"You've not left here in three days." He said, "This isn't you Nat, moping over a guy."

"I'm perfectly fine, honestly I just need time to be angry and sad until I work out what I'm thinking." She argued, frowning at his disbelieving look. "What?"

"When did you last wash your hair?"

"....Alright, alright." She pushed the ice cream onto the table and pulled the blanket off from around her. "What's your plan?"

His face broke back into a grin, cheeky and inviting. "Wanna watch me do something stupid?"

"How stupid?" She asked, swinging her legs off the couch to stand up.

"Scar my body for life stupid,"

She regarded him for a moment before shrugging. "I'll go shower, I'll be ready in an hour."

***

The tattoo place Clint had booked an appointment with wasn't nearly as backalley as Natasha expected it to be. Pieces of simple art work hung on white walls, and it had a much more open inviting atmosphere to the studio.

The girl behind the desk had jet black hair, shaved at one side, and a large lip and nose ring. Her right bicep was covered in a mixture of tattoos following a 1950s pin up theme.  She greeted them with a grin, ushering both of them back towards one of the artist who wasted no time creating Clint's 'vision', as he kept calling it.

His 'vision' consisted of a replica of passport stamps of the countries he'd visited along his forearm, something he could add too. This merged into a detail atlas styled map along his upper bicep, and across to the left side of his chest where a compass would be the main focus, pointing to the letter 'N'.

"Always guides me home," he explained to Nat with a shrug, laying back on the table, ready for hours or gruelling inking.

It was delicate, intricate work that fascinated Natasha as she sat in the chair watching the artist tattoo his left pec to begin with, starting at the top to work his way down after several sessions. It was entertaining for around an hour, before she turned to flicking through a portfolio of the tattoo shops work, her mind wandering.

"You've got a look on your face that says you're considering getting one, I've some time now if you want?" the girl with the black hair smirked over at Natasha, popping her gum as Natasha shook her head with a grin.

"The thought had never crossed my mind," she laughed, still scanning her way through the selection of smaller tattoos. "Until right now,"

"Dare you." Clint smirked from the position he was laying in as the artist continued tattooing his chest. "C'mon Nat, live a little. Be spontaneous."

"This stuff requires some thought," she tried to argue but Clint just shook his head with a sigh.

"You used to be so much more adventurous." He teased, "And fun. You worry too much now,"  he gave her an innocent look. "Or are you just too scared?"

She narrowed her eyes coolly at him and snapped the book shut, looking up at the girl. "Could you do a small rose, on my hip bone?"

Clint lifted his head urgently, eyes wide.  "Woah, what! You're not serious? Nat, I was just kidding."

"Why? Won't it look cute? What's wrong with a rose?" Natasha shrugged. "I like the thorns, it's fierce."

"No, no it'll be great, the rose works, but you're seriously getting one?!"

The girl was already sketching out a design as Natasha lay up on the table opposite him. "Like you said, I'm being spontaneous."

He just grinned at her, admiring her lack of fear and confidence in this. "That's the Nat I know." He murmured fondly.

***

Around an hour later, she was standing by a full length mirror, jeans pulled to the side a little to view her new marking.

"I love it," she smirked, twisting slightly to admire it in the light.

"You didn't twenty minutes ago when you were fighting back tears," Clint mused as he watched her, grinning.

"Well, it was worth it." She smirked, turning around to admire his. Half of it was complete, with the rest being done on another day. Even know though it looked like a masterpiece already.

"What do you think?" He said, standing up and twisting his arm to show off the full effect.

"I think it's the coolest you've ever looked." She nodded her approval, as he got it covered up like hers was.

They thanked their artists, paid and left, the day now in darkness since they'd been there for several hours.

"Wanda text, said she'S having a date with her new friend," Natasha smirked, Clint chuckling at the information.

"The one night stand guy?" He laughed, "Alright then. So it's just you and me for food then?"

"Can we go get burgers and cocktails?" She suggested. "I feel like I need to drink at least one thing alcoholic before the regret sets in."

"You're not going to regret that tattoo, Tasha." He laughed. "At least not until your 60 and your skin is sagging and that cute little rose is all wilted,"

She laughed, pushing him lightly. "You sound just like my mother!"

"Oh, she will kill you if she ever sees that."

"Why do you think I got it on my hip, huh?"

"Well...." He pursed his lips, pushing his hands in his pocket as he shrugged. "Just because it would look hot."

***

J 🥰

08:46pm

I think we should talk...End this properly.

Read 08:47pm

J 🥰

08:48pm

I have a day off tomorrow, we could meet after your classes?

Read 08:48pm

J 🥰

10:03pm

Nat, please answer me.

Read 10:03pm

"You are very quiet." Clint commented, walking along side her as she pushed her phone back into her pocket. She'd ignored the texts through dinner, but they lingered in her mind throughout.

"I think this is it." She pursed her lips slightly, nodding a little. "He's going to end it and then I need to walk into that place everyday and avoid him until I graduate."

Clint puffed out a breath "Well, that's only a few years right?" She rolled her eyes, remaining quiet. "Nat, you don't know that's what he's thinking."

"Well, what would you say to a girl after a huge fight if you wanted to end it? Your girlfriend you apparently don't trust?" She snapped slightly, watching him raise his eyebrows before she stopped. "I'm sorry, I'm not mad at you."

"It's okay." He slung am arm around her shoulders, squeezing gently. "Just go talk to him."

"And just sit there like an idiot while he tries to justify why he doesn't want to be together based on nothing?" She laughed once, sarcasm laced in her tone. "Sounds great."

"If that's his choice, then he's an idiot." He assured her, "You'll be fine whatever happens, you're fierce. You've got thorns." He grinned down at her, catching her smile as she brought her keys from her bag.

"Did I cheer you up even for a second there?" He smirked, bumping his hip against hers playfully as she shook her head.

"Nope. Not even a little bit."

"Liar!" He laughed, moving the arm that was around her shoulders to her side to tickle her gently. She immediately laughed and tried to pull away, abandoning her attempt to open the door to their building.

"Clint! I swear-" she stopped her threat as she laugh again, pushing him away at his other attempt to tickle her.

"Swear what, huh?" He laughed along with her, ceasing in his attempts as she face him with a mock stern look before they both started laughing again.

She was glad he was here, keeping her company. He always knew what to do or say in any situation, when her parents thought about moving away for good, when she sprained her ankle a week before her big ballet recital, when she couldn't work out what she wanted to do with her life. He was her rock, regardless of the past or the time they spent ignoring one another, they'd always be there for each other no matter what.

So she didn't shy away when she knew what was going to happen. The moments they kept ignoring where they looked at each other for just a fraction too long, green eyes locked with blue until the gap between them was closed.

He leaned in and lightly pecked her lips with his, a fleeting kiss that was friendly and harmless, one that you could blink and miss.

At least that's what they'd pretend it was.

In reality it was soft and lingering, and when he pulled back the half inch always from her lips, she went in for the second, lacing her fingers through his hair and walking backwards until her back hit the door, encouraging his hands to hold her hips and deepen this kiss. She granted his tongue access, heightening their kiss to a new level as they made out in the darkness of the doorway, hidden from street view.

She came to her senses eventually, slowly pulling back to rest her forehead against his, eyes closed and catching their breath.

"Nat, I'm sorry, I shouldn't-"

"No, I shouldn't have let it happen." She murmured back, shaking her head once. "I'm not trying to play with your feelings, I-"

"I know you're not, and I'm not either." He pressed a kiss to her forehead, running his hands up onto her arms and guiding her into a hug.

She was silent, a nausea feeling stirring in her stomach as she held him tight.

"Fuck, why did we do that." She sighed and he rubbed her back soothingly.

"I don't know." He replied, regret heavy in his tone too.

"That can't happen again. Regardless-"

"I know... we don't need to act like it ever did."

She looked up at him, eyes wide as she and she took a deep breath.

"Secret is safe with me, Nat. I promise." He smiled softly, and she nodded a little.

It felt good to get it off their chest. A final piece of closure they thought they already had, but the guilt and regret of it was too much to bare and she knew he felt the same. He'd told her how he felt and one night of passion wouldn't change anything, it would just be a stupid impulsive mistake.

He had nothing to lose. She had everything. He would never ruin that for her.

But James was right, and she couldn't be mad at him anymore.

She couldn't be trusted.

The door opened and they both jumped as a vaguely familiar guy stepped out onto the sidewalk, jumping too when he saw their startled reaction as they detangled from one another.

"Oh, Uh, Sorry!" He stuttered, flustered as he hustled past them.

Neither said anything, equally mortified as they stepped inside quickly and closed the door on what just happened.

***

For reference

Image from Pinterest

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 530 17
β–ŒΛ'ΰ­­Μ₯ *ೃ ✧ π’π’π’Š. αŽ’γ€” π“›π™°π™³πšˆ π“£π™Έπ™Άπšπ™΄πš‚πš‚ ! 〕 ↳ λ ˆμ΄λ”” 타이 그레슀 ❝ 𝗂 π—π–Ίπ—Œ π’”π’•π’–π’‘π’Šπ’… π—π—ˆ 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗄 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗆𝗒 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾 π–Όπ—ˆπ—Ž...
49.3K 1.6K 26
A Red Room story of the Widow, and the Winter Soldier. Loosely based on their background and relationship in the comics, with inspiration drawn from...
87.9K 2K 117
Victoria Parker is the twelve years older sister of none other than Peter Parker aka Spiderman. After their parents died, they both went to an orphan...
57.6K 1.1K 44
Welcome to my Bucky Imagines and One Shots - Part 3 Book for those of you who want even more Bucky Barnes in your lives. Imagines and one shots abou...