The Return Of Rebel

By freakypizza18

Meet Tina Mehta an Indian girl studied in USA returns back to home town after 4 years and after 2.5 years fat... More

Chapter:2
Chapter:3
Chapter:4
Chapter:5
Chapter:6
Chapter:7
Chapter:8
Chapter:9
Chapter:10
Chapter:11
Chapter:12
Chapter:13
Chapter:14
Chapter:15 (Part 1)
Chapter:15 (Part 2)
Chapter:16
Chapter:17
Chapter:18
Chapter:19
Chapter:20
Chapter:21
Chapter:22
Chapter:23
Chapter:24
Chapter:25
Chapter:26
Chapter:27
Chapter:28
Chapter:29
Chapter:30
Chapter:31
Chapter:32
Chapter:33
Chapter:34
Chapter:35
Chapter:36
Chapter: 37
Chapter:38
Chapter:39
Chapter:40
Chapter:41
Chapter:42
Chapter:43
Chapter: 44
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter:1

494 14 10
By freakypizza18

"Can you please send a coffee to table no. 12?, thank you" with that I hung up the phone, it was just a busy day and my 5th cup of coffee within 3 hours, actually it wasn't the regular busy day but the "do or die day" for the company I work for.

Hello, I am Tina Mehta, a fashion designer, who studied fashion from a prestiguous fashion school yeah I know people would now being gasping why not from France and all stuff, right? But I wanted to learn from America and not from Europe no specific reason *shrugs* "Parsons School Of Design". It was a two year course and then I added another 2 year course that is MBA in Fashion actually MBA was a rescue for not marrying early.

I am from a conservative Indian typical family that people have thinking for I can't talk to boys, stay with them, nor have any right to choose my life partner which figures to arranged marriage obviously but this all changed after I had my stay for 4 years in America they got to know more about me and my mindset after all the frequent visits to USA during my plan of studies.

My thoughts were interrupted with someone calling me, "Ma'am, your coffee."

"Yeah, thankyou." I replied. I took my coffee from the person who brought me my coffee and collected other 4 cups which were already kept aside, while collecting the cups suddenly the cafeteria person of the office spoke, "Ma'am, are you stressed?"

I furrowed my eyebrows questioned him the reason behind the question he just said that I have never drank this much amount of caffine during my 2.5 years of work period.

I quickly forced a smile on my face and said, "No the regular stress."

He replied me, "Okay, do you need anything else."

I nodded my head indicating him a no and he left. I heaved a sighed and was about to go back to my work and then I was again interrupted by someone calling and this time it was my colleague Aadil Shaikh.

"Tina, what is this?" he questioned me in his tone it was clearly evident that he was worried.

I asked him, "what,what?"

This time he mocked me, "Is it neccessary to answer a question with an another question?"

I furrowed my eyebrows for second time in the day he got my confusion and took the coffee cup from my hands and asked me again "Why are you gulping down so much amount of caffine down my system?"

I just shrugged and answered, "Just the normal work stress, nothing else and obviously this new "do or die" project" I air quoted do or die for emphasise.

He raised an eyebrow surprisingly and shrugged and made me seat on my chair and pulled an another chair from the adjacent table and told me, "Tina, listen I know this is important to you and I totally get that you are stressed out and freaking out inside right now, but this would affect your health too, if you are stressed then at least take a bit of break and then have some juice and a sandwich or something, but do not gulp down so much of coffee down your system".

Actually Aadil isn't only colleague but also my friend whom I can count on. He was actually my first friend after returning from USA and at my job too. Returning back from USA was almost devastating because after 4 years I left back my practically second family there.

Aadil snapped his fingers in front of my eyes. "Back to Earth Tina". I shyly put my hair behind my ear and said a quick sorry and with that he told me to take care of myself and he would catch me up during lunch and he left.

I sighed again and took a quick glance at the two pictures on my table one which was of my first family and second my family from USA and continued my work and the day went on with a blur it was a busy tiring day but my work was never ending, thus I had to stay back after office hours just to complete the dang task.

I was so busy in my work that I didn't get my lunch and when I noticed the time when there was a ring on my office land-line I quickly glanced at my watch which showed 10:00 pm that means mostly no one was at the office except for the people who were assigned same task as mine

I picked up the receiver and said a quick hello to which the other person spoke, "Hello, Miss Tina?, this is Christin Grayson may I have you in my cabin now".

Hearing those words I went numb my mind wasn't working and my mind started questioning me about all the worst things and possibilities.

"Hello, Miss Mehta are you still on the line?" my thoughts were interrupted and I just said "Okay sir I will be in a minute."I was about to hangup but my boss spoke up again "Bring your work along with you, I need to have a look".

I replied an "Okay" and let out a frustrated sigh and collected my designs and kept all the coloured pencils and other stationery in a proper place and let my hair in a proper bun trying to look more professional and smoothed down any visible crinkles on my dress .

I went straight to that dreadful cabin and knocked before moving in, "Come in" a voice said from inside which obviously Christin's.

I quickly gave him the file of my designs and put my hands behind my back and eyes down which was a clear sign I was nervous he cleared his throat and said,"Tina, have a seat please."

I was more than amused with his behavior and I don't know why, not thst he was a rude person because not once in my working period he was rude to a single person and I did as I was said I nervously pulled the chair and sat down waiting for worse can happen all this while he didn't even look up and saw my face he was busy glancing at my designs with a straight face without any expressions.

And then he spoke up look straight up at my face it was more intimidating it was like his hazel brown eyes were gazing right inside my mind to know what is going inside me. During this process he stood up from his seat and faced his back towards me and his front was towards the large glass window of his white plush office cabin he was tall around 6'5" with a great physique and blonde hair he turned towards me and plastered a slight smile on his tanned skin face and the words came out with a slight American accent.

"Tina, I have looked upon your work not only today, but from past two and half years it was..." there was a long pause and it was a total deafening silence and he was look straight at my face and then he spoke up again "Take this envelope-" before he could speak anything I rambled out

"Sorry sir, I would do all the designs again if you want I can change the theme too please don't do this, please don't fire me-"

I was cut by a small chuckle and it was stopped again and then he spoke again clearly evident with the confusion on my face and he just shook his head at my stupid rambling and it dawned me that I embarrassed myself in front of my boss I mentally face plamed myself and my eyes were suddenly more interested at the white plush carpet which was spreaded over the marble flooring he took back his seat and told me to open the envelope with shaky hands I opened the letter and I could not believe my eyes to what I read in front I looked up only for a confirmation and it was confirmed with a nod which he did. How can I believe that I was promoted and transfered to USA New York City to the other branch of this multi national fashion house.

I quickly thanked him and said a sorry for my rambling and was about to leave with the letter and file of designs but I was stopped when Christin called me again.

"Tina, take a leave tomorrow you have drank already so much caffeine you need some rest and obviously a celebration and right now go home eat well and sleep and please don't stress out on anything and drink less amount of coffee it would make your system dull and yes call me Christin, calling me sir makes me feel like I am old, also further details will be forwarded to you via email by tonight."

I smiled a bit, " Okay ssi-, I mean Christin, whatever you say". I just shrugged and exited his office and did a mental happy dance went straight to my table and packed my stuff and put everything in order went straight home.

And then it suddenly dawned me USA,New York and face palmed and then all the colour of my face drained the smile and happy dance which I did some time ago was long forgotten with only dread that I was being transferred to New York Ohh God no no no this can't happen I stroked my hands against my dress which I have worn because of my sweaty palms.

And then with all the thoughts I reached at home only to be greeted by my mom she was as same height as me that is 5"2' with same black hair but only difference she had long hair which reached down her waist and mine reached just a bit above my waist with same brown grey eyes which were more enthusiastic than me but soon the enthusiasm went down only to be seemed as concern.

"Kya huva beta,(what happened baby) any problem, did something happen at work?" she bombarded me with her questions.

I cut her with a smile and said, "No maa, nothing happened just the regular and yeah I got promoted to head in my group and-"

I was cut with a huge bear hug and kiss on my forehead

"My baby girl I am so proud of you, I knew it you had that in you, wait let me tell this to whole hous-".

"Mom, mom mom wait let me first complete my whole sentence, sorry I know this would break your enthusiasm but actually I am even transfered back to New York where the company has its head office and I am having second thoughts accepting this promotion too like I am not sure should I go ahead for promotion or not." I told her honestly.

My mom gave me a glass of water and made me sit and told me and patting my hair and said,"Listen darling, I don't know why are you having second thoughts about the promotion and transfer but I guess you should grab this opportunity it is the turning point and I can see it, you totally deserve it and also let me tell you what happened back then you have a chance to clear the mess and I know how much you miss them, how devasted you are, how monotonous your routine had become, if you want you can talk to your dad about it and he would give the same answer to you. Think about it Tina what I said and accept transfer and promotion both."
***
A/N: Hello, this is my first work and I hope my lovely readers like them.
Do Comment your views and vote.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

258K 5.4K 28
Hi i am Shanaya Kapoor and i am 14.I had a best friend Dev Malhotra and he is a charmer.All the girls in school worships the path he walks.. But i do...
8.7K 696 32
!!New Life, New lessons!! "Growth and comfort do not coexist" Katie Buffett got mollycoddled her entire life. Blessed with dotting rich...
691 87 26
❤️Completed ❤️ This is a story of a girl Mehek Sharma who loved flowers, sunsets and mountains. A girl who loved writing and had dreams bigger than u...
10.9K 813 23
"Maybe that's all they will ever be- an incomplete sentence, a half written story. Finished , without an ending" ๑⁠♡⁠⌓...