Dear Neighbor Boy,

By StarlightRosemary

[[✨COMPLETED✨]] • We both inched closer and closer until our lips were brushing against each other like some... More

Cast of Family
Cast of Friends & Bad Boys
✨Aesthetic Boards✨
A Hot Guy Makes Me Lose My Vision (Temporarily)
As Different As They Are, They Make Amazing Friends
Making the Elderly Upset and a Bad Boy's Parents Happy
A Ride With the Devil and an Invitation From Demons
Bmx is Fun Until You Fail a Wheelie and Make a Guy Jealous
Help! My Babysitter's a Jerk
Parties Are a Real Pooper
You Are My Remedy... No But Seriously I Have a Headache
Sweet Sunset Sally's Diner! I Wouldn't Have Guessed Waiter
Convincing My Princess
Party Under the Stars with a Pan
Fuck Violet Gently With a Chainsaw
Turkey and Mashed Potatoes With a Side of Sexual Tension
You've Got Batter Right There
The Library Ask
First Date or Worst Date? You Tell Me
FBI Asking For Couples With Fertile Women! Actually I Just Want a Date
Tequila Shots and Heart Pourings in the Greys' Residence
Pillow Fights With Your Soulmate and a Damn Cockblocker
Awkward Entrances and Windowsill Conversations
Birthday Strolls and Unexpected Visits
Only a Privileged Little Jerk Would Say Something Out of His Place
I'm Sorry and All but You Were Also Supposed to Get a Singing Goat
Ice Cream Sundae Drunken States and a Scumbag
My New Friend Flying Kicks a Pervert Within the First Hour of Knowing Me
Peeping Toms in a Harness Disturb Athena's Salad
We're Not Little Anymore
Yeah I Bump Into Stuff When I'm Half Asleep But I Doubt You'd Do Better
Climbing Through Vents and Punching Walls as a Coping Mechanism
Tea Spill Time with an Elderly Woman and Sucking on Tomato Skin
Second Double Dates Are No Better Than the First (Part 1)
Second Double Dates Are No Better Than the First (Part 2)
Four Lovebirds With One Stone, You Missed Two of Them Cupid
When You Go Over For Christmas Dinner and End Up in an Eventful Food Fight
What Kind of Sociopath Uses Me as a Bowl and Brings a Baguette to a Picnic
"Let Zem Have Cake" they said... "It Wont Ruin Your Photos" they said...
Announcement: New Book!!

Sneaky Little Rats Coming Up With Lies and Plans

7.9K 286 22
By StarlightRosemary

*Hazel's pov*

Friday, ten pm.

I grabbed my over the shoulder bag and tip-toed to the door in the dark to head to the diner. At the same time, I caught my dad, Alan, and Jason tip-toeing behind me. We all looked at each other questioningly.

We were all about to ask each other where the others were going, but someone beat us to it.

The light blasted on and someone cleared their throat. We whipped around to find my mom. Next to her was Cameron. They both had their arms crossed. "Where are you all going this late at night?"

We all laughed nervously. She stepped up to my dad and stared into his eyes. "Where?"

My dad put on his million dollar smile and ran a hand through his hair. "I can't lie to you anymore, Sweat Pea." He used a horrible pet name but I think he might tell the truth! "You see, I've been going to night classes to learn how to be a better parent for Leo because he has a disability. I wanted to surprise you, but I guess you're finding out early." Okay that was not the truth.

My mom smiled and her eyes got all soft. "Oh, Sweetie. That is the nicest thing anyone could ever do. Thank you so much for trying so hard! I love you." She pulled him into a kiss. Ugh, she was kissing the lips that kissed another woman's. I hated seeing her kiss a cheater.

She stepped away from my dad and quickly pointed at Jason. "You. Where?"

He was obviously going to see Ian, but of course our family didn't know that. So he lied. "I was gonna go watch a movie with my friends. I knew you'd say no, cause it's so late." Dang, it was such a good lie that even I almost believed it.

She nodded in consideration and turned to me. "You. Where?"

Oh gosh, I had to think of a lie fast. "I've been tutoring Violet. She really needs to pick up her grade in chemistry or she'll have to find another way to get credits... Sorry for not telling you." I slumped my shoulders and put on a mask of guilt to make my lie more convincing.

"Okay, but why so late?" My mom asked, her eyes narrowing.

I threw up my hands in exasperation. "You guys already make fun of me for being a nerd! I don't want to make it easier for you by telling you I'm tutoring!" That was true enough.

"Whattttt?? Noooo..." My mom waved me off.

"We'd never make fun of you for thatttt." Cameron whistled and looked away, innocently.

"Pfftt. Whaaaa??" Jason pushed his face back into a double chin to express disbelief.

My dad just vigorously shook his head while repeating,"No no no no no..."

"Ha, nerddddd." Alan pointed at me and laughed. Everyone else turned to him and glared, including me.

"Well where were you planning on going this late, Mr.Badboy." I called him, sarcastically. Alan was far from a bad boy. He was more like Mr.IWatchStarWarsOnSaturdaysAndHaveACollectionOfActionFiguresFromTheFranchise.

He put on a smug grin and his eyes looked playful when he placed his hands on his hips and broadened his chest like a superhero. "I was going to my nightly Stars Wars Fanclub meeting."

We all looked at him with a look that said both 'seriously??' and 'I'm trying so hard not to laugh right now.'

"Really?? Really??!" I started. "And I'm somehow the nerdy one??'

"Hey, I'm a geek! Don't insult me by calling me a nerd, Nerd." Alan crossed his arms.

Before I could attack Alan, my mom yelled,"Enough!"

Pointing at Jason, she said,"You can go, just be back by midnight."

Pointing at me,"You can go, but same thing as Jason. Midnight."

Pointing at my dad,"You can go cause it's really sweet what you're doing." I glared, well knowing that he wasn't going to night classes for Leo, but rather having an affair. I glared even harder when he pulled her into a quick kiss. The same lips that were inhaling Claire's were now on my mother's again.

Pointing at Alan,"You can go. But can I just say, out of all the things you could be out doing at midnight... You weirdo." I pointed at Alan and mouthed a mocking laugh.

We all walked outside going our separate ways. Except, my dad and I were going the same way, I just couldn't let him know that. So, I hid behind a bush until he was farther away, and I was sneaky about following him.

~~~~~~~

Why was my dad in front of a house instead of the diner? I wondered. On the way over there, I noticed how we weren't going the way to the diner, but I just assumed he was going a different route.

The house was made of yellow painted wood and stretched to two stories. I hid behind one of the bushes lining the short, white fence.

He pulled out his phone and texted someone. Almost immediately, it beeped, signalling a reply.

About thirty seconds later, an old, beat up Chevy sped to the front of the house and stopped abruptly. Whoever was driving it parked half of the car onto the sidewalk. The blue paint was so chipped and rusty that it was fading into a muddy, brownish green.

The driver got out of the car and ran up to my dad wheezing out,"Sorry I'm late! My shift was longer than I thought!" It was Claire. Of course.

I wondered if this was her house. I got my answer when they both walked inside and slammed the door behind them.

Well it's not like I could just go in there. What could I do??

I crouched behind the bush and sighed. I couldn't do much, but I did know one thing. I needed comfort. I took out my phone and called the only person I felt could provide it.

~~~~~~~

I sat hugging my knees to my chest with my head down. Counting to one hundred in my head, I waited.

I kept my position behind the bush as I heard a car pull up and someone rushing out of it. They came up next to me and crouched down.

"Princess?"

I looked up to see Asher with a look of concern.

"Oh, Princess. Are you okay? What's wrong?" Asher asked after seeing my face and wrapping his arms around me. I realized that tears were forming in my eyes.

Hey, you couldn't blame me for getting emotional over my dad being a scumbag.

I let those forming tears fall down my cheeks as I hugged Asher back. He hugged tighter when I choked on a sob.

His shirt was getting wet from my crying face being buried into his chest, but he didn't seem to mind.

We stayed that way for a while. Him holding me. We didn't say a word. Maybe it was a few minutes, maybe it was a few hours. Either way, it felt like an eternity to me.

Finally, when I was calming down, he asked me a question. "Princess, what's wrong?"

I half-heartedly smiled at the sweet nickname, though it didn't quite reach my eyes. "My dad's in there with Claire doing who knows what. It's been a while... Just, this whole thing really. He came back and not even a week into being back with my mom, he cheats. I know he's just using us as a place to live. I don't know how to tell my mom. She loves him. At some point, I did, too. Ugh."

He looked at me sympathetically and pulled me closer. I was actually glad he didn't say anything after that. There was nothing he could've said. His presence and warmth made me feel a bit better.

I found my head nodding and my eyes fluttering. I was really sleepy. I hadn't been getting much sleep lately because I was going to the diner late and stressing. Pretty soon, I felt myself completely drifting off in his arms.

~~~~~~~

My eyes fluttered open and I felt motion. I wasn't moving, but I was in something moving. I rubbed my eyes and realized I was in Asher's car. We were getting close to our street.

"Oh, you're awake." Asher said softly after glancing at me and smiling. Whenever he spoke softly, his deep voice made it sound kind of like a husky grumble and to say it made me flustered was an understatement.

"Where are we going?" I asked as I stretched in the confined space of the passenger seat.

"The diner." I was surprised by this reply, especially since we were already so close to our homes.

I cocked my head to the side. "Why?"

"I'm gonna get us some ice cream sundaes to cheer you up." He turned to me and the corners of his mouth curled up. Naturally, it started a tornado of frantic butterflies in my stomach.

"Thanks." I said softly and looked at the road ahead of me.

The bell on the door rang as we entered. We sat inside a booth and a waitress came up to us with a notepad and pen.

"Hey, Athena!" I chirped. For a pessimist, I sounded pretty optimistic there.

"Hey, Hazel! What do you guys want to drink?" Athena replied as she tapped the notepad with her pen.

"Oh, actually we're not getting drinks. But we're ready to order. Two ice cream sundaes, please." Asher said in a sing-song voice.

She nodded while scribbling and walked away into the kitchen. Pretty soon, she walked back out with two ice cream sundaes on a tray and stood in front of us.

And we had just started discussing my dad, again.

"What did you see at Claire's house?" Asher asked as Athena was taking the ice cream sundaes off the tray and placing them on the table.

Her eyes turned sharply to me and her smile quickly faded. "Oh, sweetie. Is it your dad?" I nodded. "He went to her house. There's only one reason Claire would take one of her guys to her house." She whispered the last part to herself but I could still hear it. She sat down next to me in the booth.

"Uh, you two know each other?" Asher asked with a cocked eyebrow as he took a spoonful of ice cream.

We both nodded and turned back to each other. "I just saw my dad walk in with Claire. I obviously couldn't go in."

Athena nodded grimly.

"But what if you could?" Asher interjected.

I snapped my head up. "Huh?"

"What if you had some sort of excuse or reason to go in? Or even, just doing it secretly, somehow."

"Like what?" Athena and I asked in unison.

Asher shrugged his shoulders and continued to eat his ice cream. We brainstormed for a few minutes when all of a sudden, Athena slapped the table, making Asher and I jolt in surprise.

"What is it?" Asher asked in alarm.

"Don't scare us like that!" I was clutching my chest and breathing heavily.

"Sorry." She scrunched her face up.

"It's fine. But why'd you do that?" Asher asked with knitted eyebrows.

Athena grinned and leaned forward. "I have a plan."

A/N: Hey guys! I'm sorry for taking so long to update. We didn't have WiFi for about two weeks. I've also been super busy with school ending but it's over now so hopefully I can update more often. I'm sorry you had to wait but I'm finally back. What do you think the plan is? What do you think about Athena? Poor Hazel. She has to go through so much with her crappy dad. At least Asher's there to comfort her. I hope you liked this chapter! Make sure to follow for notifications and announcements! Please keep reading and vote! Thank you!! By my lovelies!!!❤❤❤

---Your Smøl Bean, Gen

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 287 28
"Oh," he said, as my back hit the wooden wall. Damn it, of course. With nowhere to go, his arms locked me in between him and the wall. He stared down...
304K 9K 61
"I wouldn't mind watching you. Maybe we could tan together this summer." He suggested. "Without having tan lines." I could feel the smirk playing on...
60K 1.3K 73
"You're mine you hear me! No one else's but mine. So whoever you're thinking about dating, get that shit out your damn head or suffer the fucking con...
3.3K 125 66
Seventeen-year-old Rylee Evans just moved back to her hometown of Charlottesville, VA, with her dad and sister after being gone for three years. She'...