Treacherous

נכתב על ידי Sereneillusions

《An Alternate Universe》 _____________________ Lalisa Manoban is a twenty-three-year-old girl with a tough pas... עוד

Treacherous: Book Playlist
Treacherous: Character Profiles
Treacherous: A LisKook AU
Treacherous: Book Trailer
Treacherous: The Curious Fish
Treacherous 1 (Season 1)
Treacherous 2
Treacherous 3
Treacherous 4
Treacherous 5
Treacherous 6
Treacherous 7
Treacherous 8
Treacherous 9
Treacherous 10
Treacherous 11
Treacherous 12
Treacherous 13
Treacherous 14
Treacherous 15
Treacherous 16
Treacherous 17
Treacherous 18
Treacherous 19
Treacherous 20
Treacherous 21
Treacherous 22
Treacherous 23
Treacherous 25
Treacherous 26
Treacherous 27
Treacherous 28
Treacherous 29
Treacherous 30
Treacherous 31
Treacherous 32
Treacherous 33
Treacherous 34
Treacherous 35
Treacherous 36
Treacherous 37
Treacherous 38
Treacherous 39
Treacherous 40
Treacherous 41
Treacherous 42
Treacherous 43
Treacherous 44
Treacherous 45
Treacherous 46
Treacherous 47
Treacherous 48
Treacherous 49
Treacherous 50
Treacherous 51
Treacherous 52
Treacherous 53
Treacherous 54 (End of Season 1)
Treacherous: Who are you?
Treacherous 55 (Season 2)
Treacherous 56
Treacherous 57
Treacherous 58
Treacherous 59
Treacherous 60
Treacherous 61
Treacherous 62
Treacherous 63
Treacherous 64
Treacherous 65
Treacherous 66
Treacherous 67
Treacherous 68
Treacherous 69
Treacherous 70
Treacherous 71
Treacherous 72
Treacherous 73
Treacherous 74
Treacherous 75

Treacherous 24

24.2K 1.3K 1.1K
נכתב על ידי Sereneillusions

"Je vais bien."

What happened?

That was the question that had been pestering Jungkook's mind since the dinner at his in-laws' mansion.

Here he was now in the car, with the girl pressed up against him. His one arm around her shoulders as she sleeps against his chest. She fell asleep as soon as she was done crying. His fingers were drawing small circles on the girl's arm as he pondered about what just took place in the dinner.

He didn't know much about Mara's relationship with her father. Heck, he didn't know much about her relationship with her parents. What he knew was that they don't quite have a close parents-daughter relationship. It was rather formal ever since he met them. That's what he knew based on his observations whenever he and Mara would meet his in-laws.

But earlier was something else. She couldn't look at her father. Not even a glance.

Maybe they fought? That may be likely to his knowledge.

Whatever it was, it made the girl looked so vulnerable and in pain. He saw it. It was in her eyes.

And he doesn't know why but it urged him to pull her in a hug.

He never saw her vulnerable before. She refuses to. It was always her fierce side that he sees. It pulled something within him. He just can't grasp it.

"Sir, we've arrived." Yugyeom's voice was heard inside the car followed by the car stopping in front of his home.

He nods curtly and Yugyeom got out of the car to open his car door. Once he did, Jungkook stepped out and carried the sleeping girl in his arms the bridal way.

"Thank you Yugyeom. You may go home now after you put the car back. I'll see you tomorrow." He said and Yugyeom bowed to him. And with that, he started walking towards the front doors. With a little struggle, he was able to open the locked doors.

And once inside, he closed and locked the front doors back before starting to walk towards the stairs. There were no lights on except the lights over the stairs which he's very thankful for right now. It won't be easy to turn the lights on with the girl in his arms.

Upon reaching the guest room where Lisa was currently staying at, he went towards the bed and gently laid the girl down on the soft mattress.

After that, he sat down to remove Lisa's heels from her feet. He then pulled the blanket over her body to cover her.

He looked back at her sleeping face. Unconsciously, he lifted his hand towards Lisa and softly remove the hair strands that were covering her face. He took a deep breath then before sighing.

Her features were soft while asleep. Her cheeks still a bit stained by her tears from earlier. She's like an angel sleeping, he thought. A fallen angel.

And that's when he realized he's been staring a bit too long and thoughts of her undeniable beauty were invading his mind.

Well, she is beautiful. There's no denying that. He didn't deny that fact when he first met her. But he didn't say that to her out loud nor to anyone either.

It remained and will remain in his mind. No one needs to know all of his thoughts about the girl.

Then suddenly, her eyes fluttered open, their gazes meeting. No one said a word. Just staring.

There's one more thing that came to him as they continued to make eye contact. It's her eyes. He's never really been this close to her and have his full attention set to be able to see and just... look at those eyes of hers.

Her eyes... they're so dark yet they have this sort of sparkle in them. Looking directly in them was like looking up in the clear night sky that was filled with glowing stars.

Beautiful.

Lisa, on the other hand, seemed to be in dazed. Probably because she's already sleepy and tired.

With that thought in mind, Jungkook decided it was time to leave her alone to let her rest.

"Go back to rest." He said. He stood up and turned his back to leave but stopped when the girl gripped his wrist. He looked back again to her.

"C-can't you stay?" It was barely a whisper. But he heard it.

He looked at her then to her hand gripping his wrist.

"Please..." She murmured, her sleepy eyes dropping. But she tried to keep her eyes open and waited for his answer.

They haven't shared a bed since the girl's return from Japan. Not that they share it a lot that is. It took quite a while before he could sleep on the same bed as her. And he would always have his back facing her.

Now it's been a little more than a year since their marriage and of course, they fight and he would leave the bedroom to sleep somewhere else.

Before he could speak, her grip loosened slowly and her eyes closed, drifting off to sleep once more. Jungkook was breathing heavily as he contemplated whether he'd stay or leave.

He knelt, facing the sleeping girl. He gently lifted the blanket and tucked her hand inside.

He won't sleep beside her.

No.

He stood up and breathed out a heavy sigh. He walked towards the door. His hand touched the door handle before turning his head and stared at the sleeping girl one last time.

And then he was out the door.

He won't sleep beside her even though he saw the pleading look in her eyes. And it's not just because of their complicated relationship. No.

He knew she's vulnerable right now and she may not be quite aware of what she's asking from him. He won't be doing anything that might overwhelm the girl once she wakes up the next morning.

Mara might have a thing for him but that's not the situation right now. Whether she has a thing for him or not, it might overwhelm her when she finds him anywhere near her as soon as she wakes up.

It's vulnerability that was speaking.

But he can't help but feel the small weird flutter in his heart when he looked directly in her eyes. And let's say that's the reason why he didn't sleep well that night.

~*~

Morning came quickly. Lisa fluttered her eyes open as the sun shines through the window. She let her eyes adjust to the sudden brightness before looking around the room.

Upon realizing that it was the bedroom she was staying at, she wondered. "How did I get here?"

And then flashbacks from what happened last night came to her. The dinner. Her father. Her mother. The hug with Jungkook.

Hug.

HUG?!

The sleepiness was gone in a flash and her eyes widened as she remembered that particular moment she had with him. He hugged her and comforted her even though she didn't tell him why she acted that way at the dinner.

He can be mean to her. He's good at it.

But then he can be a complete gentleman with her. And be damn good at it as well.

She slapped her hand on her forehead and closed her eyes. Her breathing was steady but then her brain decided to show her another interesting memory from last night.

"C-can't you stay?"

Her eyes snapped open in horror.

"Please..."

"No no no. I did not just ask that to him last night. No!" She uttered as she sat up on the bed in a panic. A horrified look was on her face as she continued to deny it. "No, you just didn't ask that to him did you?"

"Ask what to who?" A low voice suddenly resonated inside her room, scaring her. Lisa looked at the door and there stood Jungkook in only his sweatpants. No shirt on.

Just great for the poor girl. So early in the morning.

"W-what?" She stuttered as she clutched the blanket to her chest. And of course, her cheeks were tinted pink.

"You were kinda speaking to yourself?" Jungkook raised an eyebrow at her.

"Oh? I uhm... I was just wondering how I ended up here." She muttered.

"How do you think you got here?" He asked her as he folds his arms over his chest and leaned his shoulder on the door frame.

"Did you... carry me?" She hesitated.

"You were quite heavy you know?" Jungkook stated and immediately an offended look rose on her face.

"Hey! I didn't ask you to carry me!" She retaliated. "You could've asked Yugyeom to do it."

"So you rather have him carry you than your husband?" He questioned with a raised eyebrow.

"No, I'd rather have him do it than hear you complaining about my weight," Lisa replied. And they're back to their bickering sessions.

See what she meant by being good at being a gentleman and a meanie?

"You think he won't complain as well?" Jungkook smirked and Lisa threw a pillow at him to which he quickly avoided.

"I hate you." She grumbled which made a grin appear on his lips.

"Tsk. Come on and get out of bed. I'm hungry." He told her and Lisa rolled her eyes. She didn't make a comeback though and just got out of bed to go wash up a bit.

Ten minutes later and she went downstairs to see Jungkook sitting down on the dining table with a bowl of cereal, a plate of pancakes and a glass of orange juice. Since she was not in the mood to cook, she decided to make her bowl of cereal as well.

"Are you going to work today?" Jungkook suddenly asked her.

"Yeah of course. Why?" She asked back as she sat down on one of the seats after making her breakfast.

"Nothing. I just thought about it since you know, what happened last night at your family mansion." He told her.

"Oh." Lisa paused and she didn't know what to say next. She doesn't want to remember what happened.

Jungkook noticed her sudden change of mood and so he decided to change the topic.

"You should eat more you know." He said.

"I thought you said I was heavy." The brunette scoffed before munching on her cereal.

"I was just teasing. Eat more. You weighed like a feather." He said before pushing the plate of pancakes towards her. Lisa gave him a questioning look as he finished his bowl and put it in the sink.

"You're acting weird." Lisa can't help but speak up her thoughts. He's been nothing but nice to her recently.

"Weird what?"

"Just weird. Why are you suddenly so nice? You were so cold and mean to me before and now you're acting differently." Lisa stated.

Jungkook halts upon hearing her words. Those were exactly his thoughts when she came back home and she was acting so differently.

He thought she was acting weird too. And he still thinks that about her. Though he was starting to get used to everything his wife was doing, he's still being cautious. He's still a bit confused about their situation.

"If  you can't accept her as your wife then try to accept her as a friend."

Taehyung's words suddenly echoed in his mind.

A friend?

Can he really try to accept Mara as a friend now?

He thought about their little trip to the night market. He saw her in a different light. A different side, a different angle. Will it be worth it? Or will it backfire to him if he does try to make a friendship with her?

What if she was just acting? What if everything was a lie? What if this was just another trap of hers just to get him just like what he first thought?

"I mean just a couple of weeks ago we were close to murdering each other. Why the sudden change?" Lisa added before slicing a pancake piece and popping it to her mouth, taking him out of his thoughts.

"Do you want me to be mean again?" He can't help but ask.

"No! Oh heck please no." Lisa protested dramatically. Of course, she doesn't want meanie Jungkook to come back. Who would want that?

His gentleman side was more pleasant to be with. Not to mention, she really wanted to get along with him. Maybe then he'll treat her sister right.

~*~

He pressed the doorbell.

"Wait for a second!" Was what he heard as a reply. That familiar feminine voice he missed dearly. He pressed the doorbell once more. The more he waited for the door to open, the more he gets nervous.

And Park Jimin rarely gets nervous.

After tracing the phone call, he finally found her location. It was already late in the evening.

He pressed the doorbell for the third time.

"Coming!" He heard and he closed his eyes upon hearing her sweet voice. He missed her so damn much.

A bouquet of beautiful lily flowers was on his hand. Her favorite.

The door opened the same time that he opened his eyes causing him to lock eyes with hers.

"Chae..." He voiced out to the girl who stood frozen on her feet. She had a smile on her face but the moment her eyes landed on him, that beautiful smile vanished. "Chaeyoung..."

"You." Chaeyoung sneered as soon as she regained her composure. Jimin swore he saw how anger immediately rose on her eyes.

Chaeyoung attempted to push the door close but Jimin was quick to prevent her from doing so.

"Chae please let me explain!" He pleaded.

"What's there to explain? The images were clear Jimin. I know it was you and her." She told him. "Now leave me alone!"

"It was a misunderstanding Ma moitié please!" Jimin pleaded yet again as he pushed the door open gently, not wanting to put some strength and hurt her.

(A/N: Ma moitié means "my other half" in French.)

Chaeyoung paused when she heard that pet name. Her eyes hardened.

"Don't. Don't ever call me that ever again." She warned him, her breathing uneven.

"Ten minutes. I'm asking for ten minutes to explain to you. Please, Chae. Give me a chance to tell you my side as well. Hear me out please." Jimin told her.

It was silence between them for a few seconds. Chae was contemplating if she should let him speak.

"Fine. Ten minutes. After that, you're out the door." She uttered before opening the door and walking away inside. Jimin closed the door and followed suit.

Chaeyoung sat down on the couch and crossed her arms over as well as her legs. Her design sketches were all over the coffee table and crumpled papers were all over the floor. It indicated that she's been working late.

"I got you your favorite flowers. They were—"

"I don't want it." Chaeyoung cut him off with a cold voice and Jimin's face fell.

"But—"

"Just go straight to the point Jimin. I don't have time for this." Jimin captured his lower lip between his teeth when he heard her words. She was cold and distant. "Your time is ticking."

"It was a misunderstanding." He began.

"A misunderstanding? What, did they photoshop you and Seulgi kissing then? Is that it?" She asked him.

She remembered those pictures clearly. It was still on her phone. The pictures were sent to her via email one night. She didn't know who sent the pictures to her but she remembered how her knees buckled when she opened the email. Her breath was knocked out of her lungs suddenly.

Not only the pictures, but there was also a ten-second video sent to her as well two days after she had a huge fight with Jimin.

"There was a video Jimin. It showed how you pulled her in for a kiss." She breathed.

"Chae..." Jimin closed his eyes shut as he carefully chooses the right words to say to her. "I won't deny it. The kiss... I did kiss her."

And that shattered the orange-haired girl's heart. She already saw it. But hearing it from him personally was a different story. It's more painful.

A tear escaped and cascaded down her cheek.

"But it's not out of love. Or any lingering affection Ma moitié I swear it." Jimin insisted as he scooted closer. All he wanted to do was to pull her in his arms at that moment. "That day we were just finished from a business meeting and our team decided to go out and have a drink. We were all enjoying until her drunk ex came in the picture. He was humiliating her and I had to step in..."

"Leave her alone," Jimin spoke with authority as he and the guy held eye contact. It was Seulgi's ex whom she broke up with about a month ago.

"Who are you to tell me that huh punk? This woman is my girlfriend. I can speak to her any way I want and you're not gonna stop me!" The man slurred before yanking Seulgi out of her seat to which resulted in her whimpering in pain because of his harshness.

And Jimin will not have it.

He stood up and pulled Seulgi away from the man, shielding her from him.

"Stay away from her," Jimin warned and the man smirked before tilting his head to the side.

"Who the fcking hell are you bastard?!" The man pushed Jimin.

"I'm her boyfriend." He didn't hesitate to say.

The man stared at him before laughing sarcastically. He stumbled a little, the alcohol's influence was evident. Jimin had a drink or two as well but he can hold himself.

"Oh yeah?" The man taunted before stepping closer to him with arrogance. "Step aside because I don't have time to play games with you. I'm taking her with me."

Jimin felt Seulgi's hand clutched his hand tightly.

"Didn't you hear what I said? She's my girlfriend. This is the last time I'm gonna ask this. Leave her alone."

"I don't believe you." The man told him.

Jimin stared at him for a second or two before he harshly pushed him away. The man stumbled back and landed hard on his bottom. Jimin then turned to Seulgi and pulled her in for a hard kiss.

"That's what happened. I need to save her from him." Jimin finished.

Chaeyoung didn't falter a bit. Her face was expressionless but tears continued to flow from her eyes. "So kissing her was the best choice to make him go?"

"I don't know why I did it. I-I was under the influence of alcohol and—"

"And what?" She cut him off. Her tears were flowing down her cheeks and she didn't bother making a move to wipe them. "Jimin there are other ways. Of all things, you chose to kiss her? Why?"

She doesn't know anymore. She knew he had good intentions. But kissing another girl, especially an ex-girlfriend, was not acceptable.

"And you know, you could've told me yourself about it. Maybe then I won't take it this hard. But no. It happened almost a month ago and I had to find out through someone else. Through an unknown source." She cried out. Her chest tightening as mixed emotions surged through her.

Jimin tried to reach out to her but she immediately stood up, not giving him a chance. And that was when a tear escaped Jimin's eyes.

"You know how much I'm insecure when it comes to her Jimin." She muttered painfully.

Seulgi was his first. They shared so many first things. They were childhood friends turned lovers. She knew everything about him. She knew him way more than her.

She was uncomfortable with them working together but she didn't say anything to Jimin. She felt that she didn't have a right to because she was there with him since they were kids. While he just met her more than three years ago.

Seulgi was a huge part of his life. They have a bond to which she'll never pass through.

She didn't want to feel that way but she can't help it. Seulgi seemed to be the most perfect girl she knows. The girlfriend-material and wife-material type.

And this pressured her to do her best to be a perfect girlfriend to Jimin.

Jimin has assured her that Seulgi was the past and that she has nothing to worry about. And she held onto that.

But then, in the end, things fcked up and he kissed her. Not the other way around. He did.

Which just showed how much he cared so much for her that he would do anything to save and protect her from harm. Even forgetting about his girlfriend for a moment.

"You cared for her and I understand that. But you do not kiss your ex Jimin. No matter what the situation is. Call me a brat but I just think it's unfair. She was your past. I'm your present and that means we draw a line between us and other people." Chaeyoung hiccuped as she vents out her feelings. She harshly wiped away her tears.

"I'm so sorry. I'm sorry Ma moitié. If only I could turn back time Chae I would. I really would." Jimin told her, his voice filled with regret. He hates this. He hates seeing her cry.

It was one thing he promised not to do. But here he was. He's the reason for her tears.

"Leave Jimin. I'm tired." She sighed. She could no longer speak clearly.

"Please lock the door when you leave. I'm going to bed."

"I'm fine."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

891K 41.3K 175
𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one
496K 31K 95
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
481K 10.1K 37
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
413K 14.5K 90
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...