Unfortunate Events

By MissDKennedy

Jack and Jackie are in Dallas for an unofficial start to Jack's re-election campaign. However a series of unb... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Author's Note

Chapter Twenty-Seven

444 10 1
By MissDKennedy

Washington

After the emotional service at St Matthew's, the family stepped outside. Bobby bent down and whispered to John. "Salute the coffins, say goodbye to mummy and daddy" Bobby whispered. Upon hearing this, as the coffins creeped by, John came forward and saluted the caskets bearing his parents. 

Soon, they were on the move again, marching this time, across the river to Arlington Cemetery. There the coffins would be laid to rest and the eternal flame would be lit. 

Upon arrival at the gravesite, Bobby still clasped the children's hands and they watched the coffins, placed to where they would be eternally laid. Then the stick, bearing the single flame was handed to Bobby. He stepped forward. The flame touched and the eternal flame was lit. The legacy was born. He then held the stick as Caroline and John touched the flame. 

Before they left the gravesite, Caroline and John whispered in unison: "Goodbye mummy and daddy". Still dignified, they left the gravesite. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Erica By Sam

Historical Fiction

2.9M 109K 60
They say her voice was once bewitching to all who heard it. She was like a siren luring sailors to their deaths on quiet nights... Those are just rum...
6.1M 399K 74
Losing this war means captured by the enemy empire and considered as their prostitutes and servants. Dreaming that situation made my heart race even...
10.3M 772K 88
Marriage had always been my dream but not to a man about whom I know nothing. The moment my father fixed an alliance of me to a Prince without even t...
417K 76.8K 14
Everything changed the day the King ordered me to seduce his son and bring him back to the Kingdom. He was my best friend. As per the order of things...