He's The Boss (August Alsina)

By SpookyNicole

Katherine is extremely modest and humble towards herself and her body. She's really shy for the most part but... More

This is Awkward.
Shit
Clap For Her
Do I Make You Nervous?
Brand New
Games
I Won
Work
All Good
Interrupt Us
Dead Silent
Not My Boss
August in December
FINALE
Alternate Ending

Mr.Alsina

134K 2.9K 1.7K
By SpookyNicole

"Please don't start this today. I want to at least be able to hold a smile on my face for this interview" I said to my boyfriend over the phone.

"Man whatever" He hung up abruptly. I got up from bed wiping my eyes. I went to my bathroom and observed my face in the mirror. The bruise is slowly fading but it hurts.

I undressed and got in my tiny shower. I live in a small studio apartment above a Korean restaurant. I don't have much at the moment but if I get this job I'll be able to buy more and pay all the late rent.

I got out of the shower smelling good. I put my robe on and dried my hair. Living in New York isn't a joke. I'm in a really bad neighborhood and I can't even sit outside in the evening because some drunk old guy will try to touch me.

I need to make it out of here though. My passion is rapping but I've never told anyone that.

I put my hair up in a bun then got dressed for my interview. I put on a sophisticated black pencil skirt, I tucked a gray button up into it and put on a pair of black heels.

I did my makeup with what I had then took my hair out. I straightened my naturally wavy hair then grabbed my purse. I checked the time seeing that I was almost late. I ran downstairs and outside to the alleyway and ran to the subway.

A man running towards me yanked my purse from my hands and pushed me against the stone wall.

I took in the pain not letting anyone see how hurt I really was. I got on the subway before it left me and sat down. I'm screwed. That man has my wallet, my phone, my keys, and everything else. I always keep a spare key in my shirt pocket but I need a phone so I can report everything stolen and get my cell turned off.

When the subway got to the building I knew I was already 5 minutes late. Without my papers, resume, or credentials. I ran to the elevator anyway catching it right before it went up. A very attractive man stood before me in a black and white suit.

I can't worry about him right now.

"Um excuse me miss" He said with a distinct accent.

"Yes?"

"Your shirt"

I looked down at my shirt turning red. It was unbuttoned halfway down so he could see my bra that was a little too small. I hate being too poor to buy the correct size clothes. I buttoned them quickly.

"I'm sorry about that"

"It's fine. What are you here for today?"

"A job interview. I don't have any hope though because everything I had was stolen on the way here. But I guess I'll try to win the boss over with my personality"

"Hm. You're pretty late"

"How do you know?" I asked looking up at him.

"I'm the boss"

"Oh god. I am so stupid. I guess I blew it already. You could've been my future boss and you seen my bra!" The elevator doors opened and he stepped out.

"Come on" I shook my head while following him to his office. He closed the door and showed me where to sit. I sat down with shaky hands.

He sat down at his desk and smirked at me.

"Win me over"

"Huh? Ok. Well I'm Katherine Bodania. I went to college for a year but I had to drop out. I- I can't do this. I'm sorry but could you give the job to someone who's prepared?" I stood up and ran out of there to the bathroom. I locked myself in a stall and started crying. Not because of what just happened but because it won't ever happen again. I'll never get another job interview.

I just realized that all the jobs I'm trying to get, are looking for experienced, prepared, and probably average grade women. The only money I get is from my boyfriend. We aren't on good terms right now and I shouldn't have to rely on a man to get what I need.

I heard heels click from another stall over to mines. Shit.

"Open the door sweetie" I heard her say. I don't know why but I did. "What's wrong?"

"I'm a failure. I was late to my interview today and I didn't have anything with me" She pulled me out of the stall to the mirror. I looked at my black tears falling down my face.

The woman wiped my face with some makeup wipes then redid my makeup. She literally had a whole set in her purse.

"Thank you" I said blowing my nose.

"No problem honey. I'm Imani"

"Katherine"

"Who was your interview with?"

"Um. Mr.Alsina"

"Oh. He's pretty understanding"

"No I can't go back there. He seen my bra"

"Then he'll be even more understanding" She grabbed my hand and led me back to his office. "August" He looked up from the computer.

"You found her. Katherine I found all your papers on your online profile. You got the job"

"Really?!" I hugged Imani on impulse and when he stood up I hugged him. I realized that I was hugging him and slowly pulled away. "Sorry again. Thank you. You won't regret this!"

"I'm sure I won't. Imani can you show her around?"

"Sure thing" She pulled me along showing me around the whole floor, introducing me to everyone, and she took me to her office afterwards.

"So what will I be doing?" I asked her.

"You're his assistant. You'll go with him to important meetings, get his coffee, maybe his lunch, help him create projects. This is a magazine so you might help him with an article"

"I never thought someone like him would work at a magazine. Is he-"

"No he isn't gay. So you should make sure you don't show him your bra again"

"Ugh that was a complete embarrassment"

"I'm so curious though, are you Chinese?"

"I'm Korean"

"Oh cool. Well if you have anymore questions feel free to call me. Your first day is Monday. 8am to 6pm"

"Great. I'll see you then" I stood up and left walking to the subway with a smile on my face.

At my apartment

I walked to my front door nervous when I seen a red paper on the door. I'm getting evicted. They're kicking me out. I don't have anywhere to go. I walked inside and packed a bag. I walked 12 miles to my boyfriends house. I got there at night.

Some of his friends were over which I was not in the mood for. I knocked on the door and he opened it laughing with a beer in his hand.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"I got evicted"

"Oh and what? Now you need me?"

"Yes Davion I do!"

"Come in. Don't be stingy with that ass either" He nudged me to the stairs so I went up to his room. I changed into some leggings and a tank top then laid down.

I was so hungry but he'd say I was needy if I told him that. He walked in an hour later. He closed and locked the door leaving it completely dark except for the light shining in the window.

He climbed into bed and turned me over.

"I don't know how long it's gonna take for you to see that you'll always need me but for now I'll keep showing you"

"Please don't hurt me Davion"

"Please don't scream"

Morning

I took a long and hot shower still sore. I looked at my new bruises in the mirror. My throat hurt from crying so much and my stomach was dying of hunger.

I quickly got dressed in a pair of blue distressed jeans and a black v-neck. The jeans were too loose and the shirt was too tight. He'll kill me for wearing this but I don't have anything else.

I ate some cereal before he woke up then sat on the porch. My hair was dry and wavy now. Davion is a wealthy man and he lives in a very nice part of New York. I hope to make it bigger than he has though. I had on the pair of Converse he bought me a while ago. He said I could only wear them if we were together.

I seen Mr.Alsina taking his trash out across the street. He lives across the street from my boyfriend. Shit. He seen me and waved me over. I got up and walked over as normal as I could.

"You live over here?" He asked.

"No my boyfriend does"

"Oh. Why were you walking like that?"

"Um. Sl-slept on the couch last night. It wasn't very comfortable"

"Is that a bruise?" He said looking at my arm. "There's one on your face too!"

"No they aren't bruises. Well they are bruises. I'm pretty clumsy and I fall a lot"

"Mmm. Okay then"

"KATHERINE!!" Davion yelled from the doorway. I got scared.

"Sorry. I'll see you at work on Monday" I walked back over to his house and he yanked me in by my hair. Mr.Alsina seen it too.

"The fuck you talking to him for?!" He said holding me against the wall.

"He's my boss"

"Well next time you talk to him don't be wearing this tight ass shirt. Damn little hoe. I should be the only one seeing all that."

"Davion I don't have anything! Everything I have is too loose or too tight. I'm sorry"

"Get out"

"D- Babe. It's cold outside. You're really kicking me out now?"

"GET YOUR SHIT AND GET OUT!!"

I walked past him to his room and put on my jacket. I put the hood up and grabbed my bag. I walked out close to tears. I walked down the street to a bus stop. I have 5 dollars. I have 5 dollars, a bag of raggedy clothes, and the clothes on my body. That's it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151 5 21
Katherine has always had a dark past, fears she can't get through, demons she can't slay, desires just in front of her but too far to reach, she may...
679K 24.6K 82
CURRENTLY UNDER HEAVY EDITINGπŸ€©πŸ˜” What kind of woman would dream of falling in love with her boss? Certainly not Viviana Laurent. Viviana is inexper...
16.9K 81 6
πŸ”žπŸ”žπŸ”ž Warning: This contains explicit sexual scenes. Sophie finally got to go on a date with a really gorgeous guy, a break from all the work stres...
1.6M 44.8K 73
All Kiana wanted was a night out to forget about her cheating ex boyfriend. Instead, she ended up getting shackled to a vampire with a bad attitude f...