Fury Rider (A Httyd Fanfictio...

By Snapmite1998

Toothless is dead. Killed by Astrid Hofferson and all of Berk praises her for slaying the infamous dragon. Wi... More

Chapter 1: Defying death
Chapter 2: Recovered
Chapter 3: Meeting the Hydra
Chapter 5: Meeting Danes
Chapter 6: Proposition
Chapter 7: Hail King Hiccup
Chapter 8: Scouting the prize
Chapter 9: Confession
Chapter 10: Siege of Paris
Chapter 11: Five years later
Chapter 12: A mother never forgets
Chapter 13: Back from the dead
Chapter 14: I trust you
Chapter 15: Your past comes back to haunt you
Chapter 16: Promise
Chapter 17: Returning the bitter favor
Chapter 18: Bloodbath part I
Chapter 19: Bloodbath part II
Chapter 20: Vengeance is claimed

Chapter 4: Battle of titans

4K 76 14
By Snapmite1998

(Hiccup's pov) 

I had thought the Hydra's heads alone were massive, but its body? Odin's breath, the dragons body was the size of a mountain. It was bulky, strong, and not only had Monstrous Nightmare like wings, but it had massive forepaws and eagle like talons to subdue larger prey and challengers and its hind legs held a massive talon to puncture opponents in vital areas of their body. 

The Hydra made it clear to me and the Night Fury's to only engage should the Red Death play dirty, which I had a strong feeling it would; absolute power corrupts absolutely. This is a dragon who has ruled through terror and fear for three centuries. I never believed dragons to be evil, but the way the Hydra speaks of the Red Death? He speaks of her as if she's a devil taking dragon form. 

We had been flying for at least three hours now and finally we approached a wall of fog, officially entering the Red Death's kingdom. Taking a deep breath, I steel my racing nerves for the battle that would ensue between dragon alphas. Upon entering the cloud of fog, we follow the hisses of dragons no doubt directly ahead of us, I looked down to see many Hooligan ships that were destroyed and human remains scattered across the rocks and destroyed ships. 

The sight only brought a smile to my face, because when I have built an empire of dragon and man? I will ensure Berk is nothing more than a faded memory and every one of its people shall feel my wrath. 

But not today. 

Today is about slaying the Red Death and freeing her swarm from her mad rule and introducing them to the Hydra's fair and just rule. Finally, exiting the cloud of fog, I lay eyes on a massive volcano like mountain, and I could hear thousands of dragons hissing and growling within. Patting Blaze gently on the neck, I coo reassurance in his ears and to his siblings as I could see their faces twist with anxiousness. Finally, when the Hydra landed on the beach of Helheim's Gate, the great dragon let out a series of challenging roars to draw out the Red Death. 

::RED DEATH!! I AM THE HYDRA!! DESTROY ONE HEAD? TWO MORE SHALL TAKE THEIR PLACE!! YOU ARE UNFIT TO RULE YOUR SWARM!! I CHALLENGE YOU FOR CONTROL OF YOUR SWARM!!::

The moment the Hydra boomed his challenge? Another roar filled the air, only this roar was full of hatred and outrage. Suddenly, the mountain began to crack apart and a large head came into view, taking a closer look, I could fully see the head of the Red Death. Her head had long frill like spines which almost resembled a crown of some kind, at least in my eyes. She had six eyes total, razor sharp width long teeth and a there was curve to her snout, similar to a sharks dorsal fin. 

Continuing to smash down the rock wall, the rest of the Red Death's body came into view and her size was the stuff of stories, like the Hydra itself. The Red Death had long spines going down its back, it had a massive club like tail that was covered in sharp spikes, her forepaws were massive but didn't have talons to grasp her challengers, and her wings were folded behind her back, no doubt she hasn't used them in hundreds of years due to her laziness. Once the Red Death was outside of her throne? She let out a thunderous roar and snarled at the Hydra before her.

::I AM THE RED DEATH, QUEEN OF DRAGONS!! IF YOU WISH TO CHALLENGE ME FOR MY SWARM? THEN LET US FIGHT, OLD FOE!!::

The Red Death then rose to her hind legs and her maw built up with methane gas, she then ignited the gas and let loose a tidal wave of hell like flames down on the Hydra. Thankfully, the Hydra wrapped his massive wings around his body to protect himself from the wave of flame, when the Red Death ceased her attack, three of the Hydra's long serpent like heads lashed out and sank their sharp teeth into the Red Death's throat, causing the Queen of Dragons to let out a blood curdling roar. 

Seizing the opportunity, the Hydra then used his other three heads to sink their teeth into the Red Death's belly and forced her down to the ground. I watched in awe as the Hydra thrashed violently; further sinking his teeth into the Red Death's vulnerable body parts, blood began seeping down her mangled belly and throat at an alarming rate. But the Red Death certainly would not go down without a fight, she then used a club like tail to smash down on the Hydra's back, causing our great alpha to release the Red Death and to back off while roaring out in agony. 

Shaking off their wounds, the two massive dragons slowly circled each other, the six heads of the Hydra hissed at the Red Death, while the massive Stoker queen slammed her club tail on the beach three times; each titan challenging and taunting each other through body language and actions. 

The Hydra let loose his own fire, which was also resembled a Monstrous Nightmare's fire, the fire burned the Red Death alive, causing the unworthy Queen of Dragons to roar out in agony and do nothing but take the searing fire that began to cook her alive. When the Hydra ceased his fire, he then charged and took to the sky by grasped the Red Death's neck by his talons; seizing her by the throat and then threw her into a nearby sea stack, causing the unworthy alpha to roll around violently on the beach and to crash into nearby destroyed Hooligan ships. 

Rising back to her feet, I could see the damage the destroyed ships left behind on her face; the sharp wood slicing her thick skin and even embedded itself into one of her eyes. Roaring in outrage, the Red Death slammed her club tail violently on the beach and charged the Hydra, successfully bulldozing our great alpha, once on the ground, the Red Death let loose another wave of fire down on our alpha, causing the Hydra to roar in agony at the intense heat consuming him. 

Having enough of firing the Hydra, the Red Death than sank her teeth into one of the Hydra's heads and shook violently, but the other heads then slithered around the Red Death's neck and attempted to constrict the tyrannical queen of air. The sight was most gruesome, as the Red Death successfully ripped off one of the Hydra's heads clean off with its powerful jaws; causing a fountain of blood to spray out of the Hydra's now lost head and causing the five remaining heads to lose their constrictive force around Red Death's neck. 

Around me, the other Night Fury's roared out in encouragement to the Hydra; urging him to fight and that if he loses? Red Death will go to his kingdom and force all the dragons who dwell there to submit to her cruel reign. 

That seemed to send a rush of adrenaline through the Hydra, as it let out an ear deafening roar and used the five remaining heads it had to bite down on Red Death's back and ripped out some of her spines, causing the mad dragon queen to let out agonizing roars and she backed off. Catching their breaths, both titans were huffing and puffing heavily while the Hydra had two of its heads to breath fire down on the stump where his sixth head used to be, the five headed alpha let out a growl of pain as its fire closed the wound and successfully stopped the bleeding. 

::YOU CANNOT WIN THIS BATTLE HYDRA!!::

Red Death boasted out arrogantly while slamming her club tail down on the beach with thunderous force. When the Hydra had finished sealing his wound, he then snarled at the mad dragon queen and roared back. 

::I HAVEN'T LOST THE BATTLE YET!! YOU WILL DIE THIS DAY AND YOUR MAD RULE SHALL END THIS DAY!::

The Hydra then lifted up its tail and produced large razor sharp spines and then fired them off at the Red Death, each spine pierced thick scales, muscle and bone and the mad queen let out agonizing roars. But before she could react, our Hydra took the advantage and once more seized Red Death by the throat and then rammed her hulking body into the mountain which she burst out of. Continuing to smash her into the mountain, three of the five heads lashed out and began ripping Red Death's already mangled throat open and the other two heads looked down upon the dying queen. 

::N-NO!! Y-YOU... CANNOT KILL... ME!!!::

The Red Death gurgled out, she then prepared to fire another wave of fire, but using his talon like forepaws, the Hydra grasped Red Death's jaw and broke it; a disgusting crunch filled the air, along with agonizing roars. As methane gas continued to cloud inside the Queen of Dragons maw, the Hydra seized his opponent by the throat and then used his other two heads to breath his own fire down her throat, and as a result? The gas ignited itself and her insides began to rupture. About thirty seconds later, the Red Death's stomach burst open with blood, guts and gore and the Hydra forever silenced her screams by ripping her head clean off her body. 

Releasing the Red Death's corpse, the body fell unto the beach and soaked the black sand with its blood, once releasing her head, the Hydra sunk his talons into the now fallen Queen of Dragons body and let out a thunderous roar. 

::DRAGONS OF HELHEIM'S GATE, HEAR ME!!! YOUR CRUEL AND TYRANNICAL QUEEN IS DEAD!! DEFEAT BY ME, THE GREAT HYDRA!! SUBMIT TO MY COMMAND, AND I WILL RULE YOU WITH FAIRNESS, RESPECT AND EQUALITY!::

Within moments, thousands of dragons poured out of the mouth of the nest and rallied to the Hydra, looking down at their cruel and former alpha, the dragons of Helheim's Gate bowed their heads; submitting to the Hydra's command and pledging their allegiance to him. 

The sight sent chills crawling down my spine and a wide grin to cross my face. He did it! The Hydra singlehandedly defeated the cause of the war between Vikings and dragons for three centuries! Our great Hydra then looked up to us and he then growled out to me. 

::WITH THE RED DEATH'S DEMISE, WHAT IS THE NEXT PHASE OF YOUR PLAN HICCUP HADDOCK?::

Smiling at the Hydra's words, I gestured to the Red Death's severed head and answer his question. "Take the Red Death's head with us. Because now? We travel to Denmark. There are six Danish kingdoms that have united forces and are preparing to go to war against the West." Chuckling darkly, I click my tongue and continue. "But I have... other plans for the Danes. But in order for them to work with us? We will need to show them that dragons aren't what they think they are. And as a gesture of good faith? We will present the Red Death's head to them. For they have suffered greatly to the dragon raids over the years." 

I could hear the dragons of Helheim's Gate let out whimpers and apologetic growls, I now know that these dragons were all victims and weren't given much of a choice but to obey the Red Death's commands. But with her dead? These dragons will have a far better life under the Hydra's command. 

"We shall return to your nest and gather your strength great Hydra..." I said with respect, not wishing to abuse the alliance we had by pushing him, I then continued speaking once the Hydra nodded at my words. "...once you've recovered your strength? We go to Denmark at the soonest opportunity and travel together to speak with the Danes..." Nodding at my words, I smile widely and conclude my sentence. "...and then? We build relationships between Viking and dragon and proceed to raid and attack kingdoms together beyond Norway. And when we've established peace with the Danes? I have the perfect target in mind for us to take. The Frankish capital of Paris." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.2K 541 25
Hiccup suddenly becomes ignored - Astrid's vanished, Snotlout is now the 'Dragon Conqueror', and the only friend Hiccup has is Toothless. Everyone se...
761K 17K 43
The people of Berk and many others believe that Toothless is the last Night Fury, but what happens when Hiccup and the gang find another Night Fury b...
5.2K 131 13
Hiccup is a hiccup and when he shoots down a Night Fury, things get a little more complicated. PS This story does not include Toothless! Sorry for al...
11.5K 394 29
Since the battle with the Red Death, Viking and Dragons lived in harmony, thanks to two misfits: a scrawny boy named Hiccup, and the mightiest specie...