Thunder Roars || LOK Mako x OC

By lqvely_luna

Lei, granddaughter of the late Azula, has been trained as a firebender since she was a little girl and was ta... More

The Thunder Roars: Intro
Book 1 ~ Chapter 1
Book 1 ~ Chapter 2
Book 1 ~ Chapter 3
Book 1 ~ Chapter 4
Book 1 ~ Chapter 5
Book 1 ~ Chapter 6
Book 1 ~ Chapter 7
Book 1 ~ Chapter 8
Book 1 ~ Chapter 9
Book 1 ~ Chapter 10
Book 1 ~ Chapter 11
Book 1 ~ Chapter 12
Book 1 ~ Chapter 13
Book 1 ~ Chapter 14
Book 1 ~ Chapter 15
Book 1 ~ Chapter 16
Book 1 ~ Chapter 17
Book 1 ~ Chapter 18
Book 1 ~ Chapter 19
AUTHORS NOTE: Link to ATLA Comic
Book 1 ~ Chapter 20
Book 1 ~ Chapter 21
Book 1 ~ Chapter 22
Book 1 ~ Chapter 23
Book 1 ~ Chapter 24
Book 1 ~ Chapter 25
Book 1 ~ Chapter 26
Book 1 ~ Chapter 27
Book 1 ~ Chapter 28
Book 1 ~ Chapter 29
Book 1 ~ Chapter 30
Book 1 ~ Chapter 31
AUTHORS NOTE: 5 day break
Book 1 ~ Chapter 32
Book 1 ~ Chapter 33
Book 1 ~ Chapter 34
Book 2 ~ Chapter 2
Book 2 ~ Chapter 3
Book 2 ~ Chapter 4
Book 2 ~ Chapter 5
Book 2 ~ Chapter 6
Book 2 ~ Chapter 7
Book 2 ~ Chapter 8
Book 2 ~ Chapter 9
Book 2 ~ Chapter 10
Book 2 ~ Chapter 11
Book 2 ~ Chapter 12
Book 2 ~ Chapter 13
Book 2 ~ Chapter 14
Book 2 ~ Chapter 15
Book 2 ~ Chapter 16
Book 2 ~ Chapter 17
Book 3 ~ Chapter 1
Book 3 ~ Chapter 2
Book 3 ~ Chapter 3
Book 3 ~ Chapter 4
Book 3 ~ Chapter 5
Book 3 ~ Chapter 6
Book 3 ~ Chapter 7
Book 3 ~ Chapter 8
Book 3 ~ Chapter 9
Book 3 ~ Chapter 10
Book 3 ~ Chapter 11
Book 3 ~ Chapter 12
Book 3 ~ Chapter 13
Book 3 ~ Chapter 14
Book 3 ~ Chapter 15
Book 3 ~ Chapter 16
Book 3 ~ Chapter 17
Book 4 ~ Chapter 1
Book 4 ~ Chapter 2
Book 4 ~ Chapter 3
Book 4 ~ Chapter 4
~ One Year Anniversary ~
Q&A
Book 4 ~ Chapter 5
Book 4 ~ Chapter 6
Book 4 ~ Chapter 7
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
Book 4 ~ Chapter 8
Book 4 ~ Chapter 9
Book 4 ~ Chapter 10
Book 4 ~ Chapter 11
Book 4 ~ Chapter 12
Book 4 ~ Chapter 13
Book 4 ~ Chapter 14
Book 4 ~ Chapter 15
THANK YOU FOR 1M!
Book 4 ~ Chapter 16
Book 4 ~ Chapter 17
Book 5 ~ Chapter 1

Book 2 ~ Chapter 1

18.3K 499 154
By lqvely_luna

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
LEIs POV

I finally arrived at the Fire Nation, I couldn't wait to see Lord Zuko and Aunt Izumi. As the boat was preparing to come at a stop, I looked at the harbor and spotted a familiar ship. It was Iroh's ship. As soon as the ship docked at the harbor, I could see from the deck that there were a few guards and a Sato Mobile ready for me. Sometimes, Aunt Izumi overreacts when it comes to me traveling. There was one time I had to be escorted to my own bathroom. I stepped onto the dock with Kaya by my side. The Fire Nation guards approached me and bowed in front of me.

"Princess, your ride is waiting for you," One of the guards said.

"Make sure Kaya gets there safely as well," I said. The guard nodded, as he brought Kaya with him.

I stepped inside the Sato Mobile, only to see Iroh sitting on one of the seats.

"You have got to be kidding me," I said. He chuckled.

"Good to see you too, Lei," Iroh said. I closed the door behind me and took a seat opposite to Iroh. The Sato mobile started moving once I was inside.

"Aren't you supposed to be with the United Republic in Republic City? I didn't see you after we separated in the tunnels," I said.

"I heard you were returning, so I had to come," Iroh explained. I raised my eyebrow.

"When did you arrive? I saw your ship in the harbor," I said.

"Just arrived, I heard you were almost here so I waited for you," Iroh replied.

"What about the United Forces? Don't they need their leader in Republic City?" I asked.

"Don't worry, Commander Bumi has the situation handled while I'm gone, I'm only staying for a few days," Iroh said.

"Same for me, I'm just going to see what Lord Zuko wants to talk to me about," I said.

I looked out the window, and saw a busy street, filled with shops and sato mobiles. The Fire Nation had changed when Modern Technology was invented. Moments later, we arrived at the palace, and I could see guards lined up. At the end of the line, was Lord Zuko and Aunt Izumi, I smiled through the window. The Sato Mobile stopped and Iroh opened the door for me, and helped me down. We both went up to Lord Zuko and Firelord Izumi, who had grins on their faces. I hugged Aunt Izumi first, and she hugged me back tightly.

"Are you hurt anywhere?" Izumi asked as she was doing an inspection on me. I chuckled and shook my head.

"I'm fine, I have my bending back," I said and then turned to Lord Zuko.

"How did you get it back?" Lord Zuko asked curiously.

"Korra had a spiritual connection with Aang, he restored Korra's bending, and Korra restored mine," I explained.

"Well, I'm proud of you, Lei, you were very brave," Lord Zuko said. I smiled lightly.

"You can go up to your room and rest," Izumi said. I nodded and bowed to them.

I went up the stairs, and at the corner of my eye, I saw a few guards escort me, from behind. I rolled my eyes, and made my way into the Palace.

As I was going down the entrance hall, there were portraits of people in the Fire Nation family. There was a portrait of Ozai, my great grandfather. He really looked menacing and evil every time I pass by the portrait.

The next was Ursa, Ozai's wife, I smiled at her. She really was so beautiful, I remember learning  through our history, that she was actually Roku's granddaughter, I believe, If I'm not wrong.

The next portrait was Lord Zuko, he looked very young in the portrait. He was one of the people I look up to the most.

I stopped walking, and stood in front of the next portrait. The portrait was Azula, my grandmother. She looked like me, Lord Zuko says it was like looking in a mirror. Before my grandmother died, she never wanted to teach me firebending, and I always wondered why. Lord Zuko would never tell me, no one ever told me anything about my grandmother. I became curious about her every single day of my life, wondering how someone so evil and keen to taking the throne, could love someone enough to have a child.

The last portrait broke my heart the most, it was my parents. My father was right next to my mother. My mother was the daughter of Azula, but she was never a firebender. I never met my mother, she died when she gave birth to me. Lord Zuko always told me stories about her, and how she fell in love with my father. She was a kind person to everyone she met. My father was a guard at the palace, and was one of the guards assigned to watch over my mother. Eventually, they became friends. They fell in love with each other and got married. 2 years after their marriage, they had me. Lord Zuko said that after my mother died, my father would take care of me after he worked. My father was appointed Head Guard, but after a small mission outside the Fire Nation, he died. I was 6 years old when he died. Lord Zuko and Aunt Izumi have raised me ever since.

The guards who escorted me, guarded the front of my room, and I went inside my room. It was just like I left it. Everything was still here, but something at the window caught my eye. I approached the window and saw a picture frame. It was a picture of Chang. He was with me in the picture, but we were 16. I traced the outline of the frame. He was my first boyfriend and the first man I ever loved. We have been friends since we were little. His father became Head Guard after my father died. I met Chang when Firelord Zuko was talking to his father....

It was a nice morning, and I was following great uncle Zuko somewhere. He was going to the throne room, so I followed carefully. I wanted to scare him. When I entered, there was a tall man and he had someone my age with him. I hid behind the curtains, and listened to their conversation.

"Firelord Zuko," The tall man greeted.

"And who is this young man?" Zuko asked, looking at the young boy.

"This is Chang, my son, apologies if he will intrude on our discussion," The tall man said.

"It's alright, Haiko," Zuko said, he turned around and looked at me. I immediately hid behind the curtain.

"Someone else has been listening," Zuko added. I chuckled softly.

"Come here, Lei," Zuko called.

I slowly revealed myself from behind the curtains and ran to hug Zuko. I hugged the bottom of his robes. He looked down and smiled at me.

"This must be the young princess," Haiko said.

"Don't call me a princess," I pouted. Haiko chuckled.

"Lei, why don't you play with Chang, while me and his father have a talk," Zuko said, I smiled and nodded.

I let go of Zuko's robes and walked up to Chang.

"Hello, I'm Lei," I smiled.

"I'm Chang," He smiled back.

Ever since then, Chang has been my best friend. We spent every minute of every day together. When I turned 12, I fell in love with him, but I didn't know if he liked me back so we stayed friends for the majority of our childhood.

It broke my heart when he disappeared. That night was a mystery, and it still is to this day. I decided to go to bed to forget about what happened that night.

I was 16 and so was Chang. He became my boyfriend when I turned 15. We were standing in my balcony right outside my room. I was holding the railing of the balcony while Chang was hugging me from behind. His head was resting on my right shoulder. He turned me around, and kissed me passionately. We pulled away after a brief moment.

"You should leave you know, it's getting late," I said softly. His hands were around my waist, as he pulled me closer.

"I'll leave when I want," Chang muttered against my lips, I smiled.

We were about to kiss again until we heard a loud bang and another thing that sounded like as if someone was firebending. I looked at Chang with a worried expression, and he approached the door. He was about to turn the door knob to open it, but I ran to him and stopped him.

"I'll go with you, it could be dangerous," I said. He smiled and tucked my hair behind my ears.

"Just stay here, you'll be safe here. I'll be back, don't worry," Chang said softly, and gave me a soft peck on the lips.

I nodded, and he went out the door. Chang could defend himself, he was a firebender and a chi blocker. He learned how to chi block by himself, which was impressive. I stayed on the balcony waiting for him to return. The noises became louder and louder. I wanted to go outside but I was afraid. What if I left? And Chang came back for me? Questions filled my head. I wondered what was going on. From my balcony, I could see smoke emitting from the palace. I widened my eyes, and I took it as a sign that I needed to go. I opened the door only to be met by three people in masks, whom I've never seen before. I took a step back, as all of them went in the room.

"Get her," one of them said. Two of then started approaching me.

Nothing I can't handle right?

I immediately sent a blazing arc at them as they tried to attack me. One of them sent a fire lash at me, but I deflected it with a swift kick. So they were firebenders. I needed to get out of here, so I sent fire punched each of them sending them to the wall. I took it as a chance for my escape. I ran out my door, and saw fire everywhere. The palace was burning down, and some parts of the ceiling were falling as well. I ran down the end of the hall, hoping I could make it out. I became worried and wondered where Lord Zuko and Aunt Izumi were. I saw a fire comet fly past me. I looked behind me, as I was running, to see the three men running after me. I ran as fast as I could and I was almost out, until I tripped on one of the fallen rafters. I coughed in smoke. I looked behind me and saw the three men caught up to me. I widened my eyes, and I thought it would be the end. Until, they were all attacked by Kaya. They threw fire punches at Kaya, but her armadillo back armor was impenetrable and protected her from the attacks. She soon jumped on all of them, and knocked them out. She helped me up, using her head, as I held onto her neck, and we made it out onto the palace courtyard. Everyone was outside, including the guards and everyone who worked at the palace. Lord Zuko and Aunt Izumi ran to me.

"Are you alright?" She asked as she examined me.

"Where's Chang?" I coughed. She raised an eyebrow.

"What do you mean? He was here?" Zuko asked, and I nodded.

I let go from her grasp, and ran through the crowd looking for Chang. My heart was beating faster and I couldn't control my breathing. I needed to know he was alright.

"Chang!" I called. No answer.

The crowd looked confused as they stared at me. Please, please, please. I repeated in my head.

"Chang!" I called louder. Still no answer.

I exhaled heavily and tried thinking of where he could be. He must still be in the palace! What if he's trapped somewhere? I ran immediately there but I was stopped by Lord Zuko, as he held me.

"Lei? What's wrong?" Zuko asked. I had tears running down my cheeks.

"Please, Chang is still in there," I cried.

Suddenly, there was a loud explosion that came from the palace. My heart broke at the sight.

"Chang!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

I lashed out in Zuko's grip. I cried harder and harder as the palace began to burn down. I screamed Chang's name over and over until the fire went out. I could feel my heart break. I could feel that a part of my soul died. I didn't want to believe it. But I had to. Chang died that night, and I remember every single detail.

That night, I cried remembering what happened. I sat up from my bed, and wiped the tears from my eyes. I got out of bed, and went out the door. My hair was down, and I was wearing a coat to keep me warm. I decided to take a walk around the palace. I ended up going to the training grounds, where I used to train with Lord Zuko. I decided to practice my forms, so I did small fire moves.

"Couldn't sleep?" a familiar voice asked, I turned around and saw Lord Zuko.

"No," I sighed. He nodded, and went to the corner to grab something. He came back holding something that was wrapped, and it looked like a sword.

"What's that?" I asked, and pointed at the thing he was holding.

"Something I should have given to you when you started training," Lord Zuko said, before opening the packaging revealing duo dao swords.

"When I heard you lost your bending, I wanted to give these to you, to remind you that even if your bending was taken away, that doesn't mean you can't defend yourself," Lord Zuko added.

"Those look ancient," I said in awe while gazing at them.

"These were what I used long ago, and now, I want you to have them," Lord Zuko added, and handed them to me. I held the swords, the blade felt cold and smooth as I ran my finger along it.

"Wow, I don't know what to say," I said softly.

"You remember what you were taught about sword fighting, right?" Lord Zuko asked. I nodded. I held one sword in each hand. I did a demonstration I learned long ago from my mentor. I swung both swords in my hand in a circle, and held onto the grip once more.

"Thank you, Lord Zuko," I said. He smiled.

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
AUTHORs NOTE:
This chapter was edited but nothing from the storyline has been changed.

PUBLISHED: May 29, 2019

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.1K 512 20
ᡃ αΆ»α΅˜α΅α΅’ Λ£ Κ³α΅‰α΅ƒα΅ˆα΅‰Κ³ - 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩π₯𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐝 - "π™ΊπšŽπšŽπš™ πš’πš 𝚊 πšœπšŽπšŒπš›πšŽπš..πš™πš•πšŽπšŠπšœπšŽ?" 𝙸 πš•πš˜πš˜πš”πšŽπš 𝚊𝚝 π™Έπš›πš˜πš‘ πšœπšŒπšŠπš›πšŽπš. βžͺ A story about a y...
2.5K 174 7
❝ You're not just the Avatar, Korra, you're my big sister, too! I have a duty to protect you, too! ❞ ⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂ β ‚β „β „β ‚β˜† Kiara, the younger sister...
6.6K 103 19
She was just a Fire Nation Noble Man's daughter set to marry the Fire Prince. She wasn't going to be easily swayed to the wrong side though. For year...
93.8K 1.9K 19
You're the daughter of the beifong's and sister to toph. When toph was born your parents put you in training to protect her but as she grew up, you k...