The Forgotten Sister | Jasper...

By Jaye_Never_Ending

*Book One of the Daniella Swan Series* Daniella Swan is the twin sister of Isabella Swan. When their pare... More

Chapter One: The Prologue
Chapter Two: The Intro
Chapter Three: The Meetings
Chapter Four: The Dirty-Blonde
Chapter Five: The Conversation
Chapter Six: The Portrait
Chapter Seven: The Accident
Chapter Eight: The Greenhouse
Chapter Nine: The Dream
Chapter Ten: The Frat Boys
Chapter Eleven: The Cold Ones
Chapter Twelve: The Lion & The Lamb
Chapter Thirteen: The Meadow
Chapter Fifteen: The Major
Chapter Sixteen: The Kiss
Chapter Seventeen: The Tracker
Chapter Eighteen: The First 'I Love You'
Chapter Nineteen: The Bite
Chapter Twenty: The Hospital
Chapter Twenty-One: The Prom
Chapter Twenty-Two: The Visions
Chapter Twenty-Three: The End
The Sequel

Chapter Fourteen: The Family

43.2K 1K 157
By Jaye_Never_Ending

A/N: Oh my god guys!! Chapter one has over 400 reads! Just wanted to say thank you and here's another chapter. I hope you all like it!
-xoxo Jaye

They pulled up at the Cullen house, and they included Dani, Jasper, Bella and Edward. Turns out they were both invited over to the Cullen's residence. Daniella was slightly relieved that she wasn't going to be the only human in the room anymore.

As Dani stepped out of the car she was in slight shock. The house was, "Beautiful." Dani mumbled as she shut the door to the Silver Volvo.

"What? Were you expecting coffins, dungeons and moats?" Jasper asked as they stepped into the house. Dani smirked, staying unknowingly close to Jasper in the unfamiliar house.

"No. Of course not." She spoken her tone unbelieving. Jasper stood close to Daniella as they walked further into the house. He felt somewhat more protective of her as they neared his family in the kitchen. Jasper knew that they would never purposefully hurt Dani, but it was still a possibility.

"We told them not to do this." Jasper spoke with a shake of his head. Daniella just faintly heard the shound of dishes clanking together.

Daniella and Jasper stepped into the room just as Rosalie had crushed the salad bowl, "Perfect." She seemed angry as she spoke with a slight tone to her.

"Ignore Rosalie. We do." Jasper spoke playfully. Dani couldn't help the smile that creeped onto her face at his words. His family seemed suprised by his words or was it his tone? Daniella couldn't really tell.

"Jazz, don't be rude to your siblings. It's not a very respectable quality you know." Daniella told him as she nudged his side and looked over to him. She could see the smile printed onto his face. She made him happy. That's all she could want for him anyway.

"Yeah, sure. Let's just act like this isn't dangerous for all of us!" Rosalie spoke, her heated, angry tone obvious to everyone.

"I'd never tell anyone about you guys.." Bella stated.

"Rosalie knows that." Carlisle said.

"It's just you've gone public now." Emmett said, gesturing to both Edward and Bella, as well as Dani and Jasper.

"Emmett-" Esme was cut off by Rosalie.

"No. They should know. The whole family will be implicated if something goes bad here." Rosalie stated, her voice rough.

"Bad?" Daniella asked, slight confusion on her face.

"Oh, as in, we became the meal?" Bella asked.

Emmett choked on his laughter, Edward grined, even Esme laughed a little bit, and Jasper chuckled softly next to Daniella putting his arm comfortably around her waist.

Rosalie sighed and angrily walked back into the kitchen, Emmett soon following right behind her.

"Bella! Dani!" A silky, smooth voice was heard from the window next to them. Alice's thin, curvy figure jumped down from the branch outside the window into the kitchen. The smile on her face was radiant and perfect in everyway. Dani subconsciously distanced herself away from Jasper's grip at the sight of her. No matter how close she got to Jasper, she always had this nagging thought at the back of her mind that they should be together instead of Daniella and Jasper.

Jasper noticed how she steped away from him as Alice walked into the room. He could feel the insecure emotions coming from Dani. Jasper didn't like it one bit. Daniella was the definition of beauty. Completely crafted by the angels above specifically for him. He wanted her to realize that she was all he could have ever wanted and everything he would ever need. He loved her. Jasper's thoughts caught him off guard. He loved her? He loved Daniella. His train of thought was derailed by Alice's voice as she spoke once again.

"I'm so glad you two could come." Alice hugged Bella, Bella being as awkward as usual at the sudden touch. Alice's then pulled Daniella into a hug that lasted a little longer then Bella's. Jasper noticed the crease in Alice's brows, but dismissed it as soon as they parted. Dani's smile was soft as she looked into the eyes of the happy, brunette.

She was insecure about herself, unable to hold back from comparing herself to Alice. Dani saw that she wasn't as thin as Alice, nor was she even a close second to Alice's beauty. Slowly but surely she convinced herself that Jasper deserved better.

"Wow they were right. You guys do smell good." Alice spoke with a slight breathy laugh as she pulled back from her and Daniella's hug.

"Alice," Jasper spoked, his face contorted in confused embarrassment.

"What are you..?" Edward completed Jasper's thought.

"It's okay. Dani, Bella and I are going to be great friends." She smiled over to her siblings. A sudden blow of wind through the open window from where Alice had entered, swept through the Cullen's home. Jasper, being caught of guard by the sudden intoxicating scent of Daniella and Bella cause him to stiffen and stand a bit straighter than normal as he tried to gain back his control. Dani took a step away once again, knowing to give Jasper the space he needed at the moment. When she noticed that he wasn't doing any better she took the few steps she had left and stood closer to Jasper. He was still stiff and unmoving, but Daniella just took his hand in her own and held it close to her as she trailed her thumb over his knuckles.

"It's okay, Jazz." Daniella spoke, her words were full of certainty and that was what caused Jasper to relax and look into her honey-brown eyes, "you won't hurt us."

Jasper held her hand and leaned his forehead against hers as their eyes fluttered shut. The Cullen's watched in curiosity as the newly turned 'vegetarian' of the family looked completely comfortable with the human beside him once again. Bella was watching with a slight smile as she watched her twin sister slowly find the love she so desperately wished her sister would find. Isabella had always wanted what's best for her sister. Was she always good at showing it? No, admittedly, she wasn't. However, that doesn't mean that Bella didn't think that, after everything Dani had been through, she didn't deserve the love she was bound to receive from Jasper.

"Why don't I show you around a bit?" Jasper asked her softly, the unusual tone was foriegn to the Cullen's, but it was a tone Daniella had heard from him on more than a few occasions. Dani's small smile and her nod of the head was enough of an answer for Jasper and her to silently leave the kitchen.

As they walked through the house, Daniella took in the intricate placement of each piece of furniture in the home. They walked up the flight of stairs and Dani noticed the framed picture collage at the top of them. She let out a soft laugh as she looked at Jasper with a slight raised brow.

"Are these graduation caps?" Dani had asked. Jasper's chuckle was enough to confirm her suspicions. She looked over at it once again.

"It's a private joke within our family. We settle in a lot of different places." Jasper informed her. Daniella shudders at the thought.

"Sounds horrible, repeating high school like that. I hate it enough to do it the first time, much less this many." She said.

"However, true you are, the younger we start out in a new town the longer we are able to stay." He told her as they continued their way up to the second floor of the home. Daniella felt kind of bad for the Cullen family. Uprooting themselves every few years had to have been extremely difficult for them to do. However she knew that they had most likely gotten used to the idea by now.

After a while they had arrived to the room Jasper was most nervous to show Daniella, his bedroom. Daniella walked into the open area. She noticed immediately that the wall to the right of her had shelves filled with history books. War books like the Civil, Spanish-American and The World Wars. As well as books of the history of the Confederate Army and the state of Texas. Dani immediately gravitated toward the wall of her favorite subject, the tips of her fingers grazing over the spines of each one as she read through them. Her eyes then floated over to one of the corners of the room where she saw a desk was sat, the papers neatly stacked on top next to a black desk lamp and a mug of writing utensils. Daniella turned and was surprised by how she had missed the modern dark wood, grand piano near the back wall. Her body was undoubtedly drawn to the instrument. She was blown away by the perfection of the room. It was the exact embodiment of Jasper Hale. She wasn't really surprised by the room but she was surprised by how perfect it was for him. However, there was one thing that she had noticed was missing from the room.

"No bed?" Daniella asked as she turned her head to look at him.

Jasper was still in the doorway of the room, standing nervously as Daniella inspected his private space.

"Our kind do not need to sleep. However, some of us tend to have one for...other purposes." He spoke, his Southern drawl suddenly very prominent. Daniella caught on immediately to what Jasper had been intending. Her head turned away from the Texan man as her face blushed a bright shade of pink.

Daniella heard his foot steps gradually getting closer to her. She had gotten so used to keeping her emotions to herself that Jasper was unable to get a good read on her. The only thing that even made him suspect that he had an affect on her was the fast pace of her heart beating. Jasper was now stood behind her and she looked at the piano in front of her.

"You can play if you want." Jasper's voice was soft, quiet as he spoke to the fragile girl in front of him. She turned to him, the hopeful look in her eyes not going unnoticed by the confederate soldier.

"Really? Are you sure? I mean," her gaze fell to the beautiful piano, "I don't want to mess up anything." She muttered.

"Go on, Daniella." Jasper told her, knowing that she was dying to play the wooden instrument.

Daniella was immensely greatful to Jasper for letting her play. As Dani moved and sat down on the bench, Jasper leaned onto the piano ready to listen to his girl play.

Daniella immediately knew what she was going to play as soon as she sat down. It was her favorite song to play on the piano, it was also the first. The song by Carter Burwell, her favorite composer.

The song had always been alluring to Daniella. As her fingers played the familiar song, each of the Cullen's, including a rather proud Isabella, made their way into the room as they sat and watched the young human play the song effortlessly and emotionally. Jasper felt the release of emotion it gave her. It was an outlet Daniella used to express how she felt without words. The overwhelming amount of feelings Jasper was suddenly enduring caused him to stand straight once again as he watched Daniella continue.

Her eyes had fallen shut, the crease between her eyebrows showed how much she was putting into the song. It was beautiful. As she finished, her hands fell slowly down into her lap eyes still closed. Jasper looked back at his family and knew that, if at all possible, the tears in their eyes would have fallen long before now.

The sudden eruption of applause was what had Daniella standing back up and her eyes wide in wonder of when the Cullen's had entered the room.

"Oh, Daniella, that was beautiful." Esme had spoke, taking a few steps closer to her as she set a gentle, loving hand onto her shoulder. Daniella smiled shyly at the Mother of the home. A small thank you falling from her lips.

"You were amazing, Dani! The only thing I can even remotely play well is the Violin, and even then it's still hard to understand what it is I'm playing." Alice's eager voice said as she side hugged Dani. Daniella laughed lightly with Alice, the blush on her cheeks unwavering as the complements continued.

"What song was that, anyway?" Emmett asked, his tone was laced in amazement.

"It.. it's by Carter Burwell." Daniella spoke her eyes shifting to Bella immediately. Bella smiled at her twin sister as she walked over and held her hand. Daniella's smile wouldn't leave as they reminisced on their childhood. Edward let out a soft laugh and he saw the picture of Daniella's thoughts in his own head. Mind reader, Daniella thought with a small roll of her eyes.

"It was the first song I ever learned. I learned it because of Bella. It's called Bella's Lullaby, I always loved the song and when we were young and things got...bad we would hum it to each other. On our 16th birthday, I played the song on the piano for the first time in front of my family." Dani spoke as she looked back to the Cullen's, their faces showing nothing but admiration for the twins.

"She's a sneaky little twerp too. She'd been learning how to play it for months prior just to suprise me. Even though we agreed to never get each other anything on our birthday." Isabella spoke, nudging her sister with a small smirk. With how comfortable Daniella was feeling at the moment she came back at her sister's jab at her.

"Oh, don't you even start, Isabella Swan. You know as well as I do that you got me a present that year too." Daniella said matter of factly.

"That was a stupid gag gift Dani it doesn't count." Bella laughed at her sister.

"Hey! Major is not just a gag gift!" Daniella said, her tone showing how offended she had been as she stepped away from her sister and crossed her arms stubbornly.

"Who's Major?" Rosalie asked, suprisingly her tone was amused and light from the sibling bicker from Dani and Bella.

Daniella's face turned a darker shade of pink as she realized she had told everyone in the room about Major. She heard the soft laughter of a certain Cullen across from her, making her eyes widen. She forgot he could read her mind.

"Edward Cullen, I swear one word out of that little blood sucking mouth of yours I will find a way to hurt your immortal ass." Dani threatened. This cause the Cullen's, as well as the Swan sister's, to fall into lighthearted laughter.

"Oh, I'd like to see you and little Major Bear try to hurt me." Edward teased. Daniella's eyes widened and her blush deepened as the family chuckled at the new found information about Daniella Swan.

Daniella unexpectedly jumped onto Edwards back and ruffled his hair while covering his eyes with her other hand.

"Ah! Daniella get off me!" Edward laughed and he struggled with Daniella on his back.

Carlisle and Esme watched as their little make-shift family enjoyed themselves. Their lives seemingly normal for however short amount of time they could.

Jasper watched as the woman he loved attacked his 'brother' with a loving stare and a lighthearted feeling he hadn't felt in centuries fluttering in his chest. He wouldn't trade it for the world.

"No! I told you there would be consequences for your actions Eddie boy, but you ignored my warning! This is your own fault!" Daniella laughed. The smile on her face was something Bella had missed seeing. It had become something Dani tended to force on. Until they met the Cullen's. After that, every time Bella saw Daniella's smile she knew that it was real. They made her sister whole again. And Bella couldn't thank them enough for it. And maybe watching Edward get attacked by her twin sister was something that Bella was definitely enjoying.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

259K 4K 28
When Rachel a local high school teacher gets into an accident and goes to hospital. It might just be her lucky day ;) i do NOT suggest reading this s...
900K 55.2K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
1.1M 31.5K 53
Annalise Monroe has lived alone most of her life, travelling between foster homes since the age of six, and she is willing to do what it takes to kee...