THE DEAL | ✔️

By carita_dcosta

Daxton Langford is a perfectionist. He's the typical guy that every woman dreams of. He's got the looks. He's... More

EPIGRAPH
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
EPILOGUE
AUTHOR'S NOTE

CHAPTER 6

2.4K 84 4
By carita_dcosta

Jade's POV

My heart roared in my chest as I followed my parents who were walking into the Sheraton.

I looked at the area where the receptionist was seated and boy, it was really gorgeous.

"Hi, I'm Solomon Okoye and I have a reservation made for my family along with the Langfords", my dad said to the receptionist who beamed at him.

She looked at her desktop and and nodded enthusiastically.

"Follow me", she said as she smiled politely, making us return the gesture.

I tried to calm myself by looking at the beautiful interiors.

White high walls with a royal ceiling from which golden chandeliers hung, enhancing the beauty of the large hall where plenty of people dined. The floral decoration at particular spots around the place made it look even more beautiful.

The receptionist lead us to a table as we sat down.

The Langfords weren't here as yet.

"Would you'll like to order already?", she asked with the smile never leaving her features.

She was a pretty girl and looked really young.

"No thanks, we'll do that once the Langfords have joined us", my dad said to her and she nodded before exiting.

"Looks like the Langfords are running late", my dad chuckled.

"They aren't late. You're just too punctual. It's not even 8", my mother said, glancing at her watch making dad and me chuckle.

"So, how's it going with college, little one?", my dad asked.

"Yeah, it's fine. Barely three weeks and we're done", I said with a smile.

"I'm sorry. I haven't been spending enough time with you and your mother lately. But I promise, once you graduate, we'll go for a little family vacation. Just the three of us", he said and my smile grew wider.

"Really? Oh wow, can I get to select the place?", I beamed and my parents chuckled.

"Of course, little one. I feel like you haven't really grown up. You're still my little baby", my mom said making me smile.

"Hi Sol", said a voice and I turned around to look at the source of it.

There stood Mr Langford and his wife.

We stood up and greeted the two of them as they sat down in front of us.

I glanced around the large hall to look for Daxton and Alex, but didn't see any sign of them.

I started to feel a little disappointed.

Maybe I shouldn't have gone shopping while it would be dinner with just the parents.

"You have on a lovely dress, my dear", Mrs Langford said and snapped me out of my thoughts.

I blinked at her.

"Thank You, Mrs Langford. You look good yourself", I said and her smile grew wider.

"Thanks, honey", she said as she placed a hand on her chest.

Well, at least my dress didn't go unnoticed.

Some one cleared their throat and I turned around to find Alex with a smirk on his face.

And a gorgeous Daxton standing behind him.

They greeted my parents who hugged the two boys as they beamed at them.

"Well kids, why don't you guys move to the other table? We've got some serious talking to do", my dad said and I looked at him with wide eyes.

Oh no, I don't think I could be alone with just the two boys around me.

Before I knew it, Daxton lead me to the table next to our current one and was seated next to me.

Alex scowled and sat opposite me and I laughed, since this was a table for four.

"Hey, you look really pretty", Daxton said with a smile and I could see it was genuine.

I don't regret shopping earlier!

"Thanks. You look really good", I said and his smile grew wider.

He was dressed in a blue suit and a white dress shirt which brought out the blue in his eyes.

His hair was styled back and he looked like one of the models who walked out of a Vogue shoot.

"I think you really meant what you said because you've been staring at me for the past few seconds", he said trying to hide his smile and I turned around to hide my blushing face.

"And you've been ignoring me for the past minute", an angry Alex said.

"I'm sorry", I said as I looked at Alex who smiled as soon as the words left my mouth.

"Don't apologise, mi amour. I want just your attention, not your apologies", he winked and I laughed.

"Stop it, Alex. Behave", Daxton said and I swear, I heard him growl lowly.

I glanced at him to see an angry expression on his face, but that soon changed into a polite smile as a steward approached us for us to order.

I ordered for a steak and salad and Daxton surpringly ordered for the same, while Alex ordered for some spaghetti.

"You guys good?", Mr Langford asked from the table next to us which was at a good distance so that we couldn't really hear what they were talking about unless we divert our focus to hear them speak.

"We're good", Daxton said to him and he nodded as he resumed talking to my parents.

"Oh no, we aren't", Alex grumbled which made Daxton and I laugh.

Solomon's POV (Jade's dad)

"So tell me, Sol. What it is it that you've been wanting to discuss about?", Jake said as he sipped on his drink.

"I've been wanting to discuss about business. Is it still okay for me to continue talking about it during family dinner?", I asked as I motioned to our wives and kids who were sat at the next table.

"That's pretty fine. Go on", he said as his wife; Olivia, started to talk to my wife.

"Well, my business hasn't really been doing well for the past two years. I mean, the company that I own hasn't been earning enough and it's worrying me. I've heard that you've been doing pretty well with your business. So, I was thinking if you'd like to consider investing in my company", I said nervously as he looked at me and motioned for me to continue.

"I mean, the shares have been dropping down because of the unexpected results, but maybe you investing in some of the shares would help. Also, I was hoping to start another little company for backup with your investment", I shrugged my shoulders and he nodded.

"Alright, I'll consider what you've said. We've been friends for a pretty long time and I think I should be of some assistance to you", he said and I looked at him with hope.

"Are you in a really bad situation? Like, debt?", he asked slowly and I shook my head 'no'.

"No, no. Things haven't got that bad as yet. I can manage for another year or so, but I can't take the risk of watching my company fall in another year's time if we fail to earn enough profits. That's why I've thought about seeking a little help from ones that I trust in partnership. I haven't really asked anyone as yet, you're the first", I said and he smiled.

"Although, if you don't want to indulge in this, it's totally fine. I could ask the others. I wouldn't want our friendship to be hampered because of this", I said and I saw his eyes soften.

"That's really nice of you, Sol. I'll do think about it and let you know. And I promise that whatever happens, we still remain friends", he smiled and I did too.

Soon, our food arrived and we made small talk about sports as we dug into our food.

I glanced to see out kids talking and smiling as they ate.

I smiled to myself.

Just like Jake and I were friends, so will our kids be friends.

.

.

Jade's POV

Dinner was lovely not only because of the delicious food, but also because Daxton spoke to me for most of it.

He told me about his early life and I listened to him with actual interest.

I loved how his eyes had this glint as he talked to me about his memories and the way his face lit up with that gorgeous smile, boy I could look at him all day.

Alex just sat there as he chewed on his spaghetti and passed Daxton and me angry glances in between which made me laugh at him and he'd just roll his eyes and continues chewing.

After dinner when we were at the parking and our parents were exchanging their 'good nights', I couldn't help but feel slightly disappointed because it was time for us to head back already.

Alex walked closer towards me as he opened his arms for me when all of a sudden, Daxton pulled his arm and smacked it lightly.

"What?", Alex scowled at him.

"I told you to behave", Daxton said and Alex just rolled his eyes.

"It's just a good night hug", he said to Daxton who released his arm.

"Good night, mi amour", Alex said as he wrapped his arms around me for a brief second before he was pulled away from me.

"That's enough for a good night hug", Daxton said, with maybe jealousy? 

Alex just scowled like a kid and Daxton pulled me into a hug.

A hug which made my insides melt.

He wrapped his arms tightly around my waist and whispered in my ear, "I can't wait to see you soon because all I've done these past days is think about you".

My eyes widened at his his words and I felt myself blush.

Good that he isn't looking at me.

He pulled away and smiled, "Good night, Jade".

"Good night, Daxton", I said as he dragged Alex towards their car.

_

A/N:

Things are starting to get cute in here with Dax and Jade! 

Also, there was a little more 'into the detail' stuff regarding the deal between the two dads.

This is the now longest chapter, I hope you'll liked it.

Also, I'm sorry for not updating for so long. To make up for it I've updated this chapter and the next one.

Lots Of Love
-Carita D'Costa❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2M 192K 101
Isabella needs a huge sum of money for her aged grandmother's surgery. She has nowhere to go for help and she decides to seek help from her Billionai...
24.9M 614K 24
All Samantha is asking for from Lucas is to forgive her for ruining his life four years ago, but how can that be possible when the only thing on his...
892K 22.2K 43
Nathan Parker A 24 years billionaire and a single father of 2 years old. He is cold, arrogant, rude and doesn't give a shit about any others feelings...
779K 22.2K 31
Addison Jordan 20 has never had a proper family to grow up with. Her mother died while in labour with her and her father was an abusive drunk who bla...