The Curse Of An Alpha *MATURE*

By authornikolagacek

BOOK ONE OF THE CURSED SERIES "What's your name?" His voice was a delicate murmur in her ear. "Alice," she br... More

Author's note
Character Boards
Chapter 1; I should have kept my panties on.
Chapter 1 part 2; wolf chase
Chapter 2; lone wolf
Chapter 3; see you, asshole.
Chapter 4: Crashing Colden
Chapter 5; the real monster
Chapter 6; death is a mercy that is not always granted.
Chapter 7; don't piss off the dead.
Chapter 8; when impossible becomes possible- well, you're screwed.
Chapter 9: How would you humans put it? That's right- royally screwed.
Chapter 10 part 1; hello darkness my old friend
Chapter 10 part 2: stained soul
Chapter 11: None, Zero, Nill
Chapter 12; Blood Moon Halo
Chapter 13 part 1: you're supposed to hate each other.
Chapter 13 part 2; well bollocks.
Chapter 14 part 1: you and I could have so much fun together.
Chapter 14 part 2: if you say one more thing then I will spank you.
Chapter 15; secretive bossy boots.
Chapter 16; that or death.
Chapter 17; Say it. Say what you want.
Chapter 18; canoodling
Chapter 19; letting go
Chapter 20; India's embrace
Chapter 21; no regrets
Chapter 22; little sprite
Chapter 23; I love you
Chapter 25; Mexican Alpha
Chapter 26; Hades
Chapter 27; equals
Chapter 28; I leave you my heart
Chapter 29; bat shit crazy
Chapter 30; Future Queen
Chapter 31; Hope
Chapter 32; Laila
33; Last One to Play Checkmate
Chapter 34; Torn Away
Chapter 35; Death Trap
Chapter 36; His Snow White
Chapter 37; There Is Love And Laughter
Chapter 38; you didn't think I'd miss my own wedding, did you?
Chapter 39; Silver Lining
Chapter 40; You Bow Before No one
Epilogue
Many Wet Panties and Snotty Tears Later.
Sequel!
The Curse of Hades
Questions, updates, and self-publishing

Chapter 24; detached

35.1K 1.2K 160
By authornikolagacek

This story is now at 100,000 words. Isn't that crazy? Happy reading!

* * *

They were escorted from the tribe as soon as the sun rose the next day. Bona's hug of farewell had been bone crushing and Alice felt a slight pang of sadness shoot through her as they left. After all, they had helped her a lot. Surprisingly, they were met with no resistance outside of the tribe's borders. Alice still felt the creatures lurking in the shadows, watching as they departed with twenty warriors, but she had a feeling it was more to do with the fact that they were leaving rather than entering.

A day later, they were at the airport in Houston where Tom waited. Alice had breathed in the fresh and much cooler air as if she was starved for it. Despite the Lycans, her demonic father and the batshit crazy Lycan king, America was her home. Heck, she had practically lived in every state with the escaping she had to do.

"What's got you so riled up, pumpkin?" Colden brought her attention to their surroundings. Heavy bags surrounded his eyes and his hair had seen better days, but still, the sight of his beaming smile managed to take her breath away. To think that they had gone from barely being able to talk to this in a few weeks was exhilarating. It filled her with an ounce of hope that maybe luck was on her side. And she'd definitely need that if she were to face Lucien.

"Just the thought of a long cold shower when we get back," Alice replied wrily. The task Hades had placed on her still weighed heavily on her shoulders but the flight had given her some time to strategize and think. It wasn't as daunting, the thought of taking him on. She'd do it no matter what to keep them safe. And to finally have some peace and quiet that she very much deserved.

"And nothing else?" His eyes smouldered as his voice dropped. His scent of musky rain wafted up to her nose in a tantalising manner, drawing her further in than she already was. Briefly, the thought that she had only wanted to be friends came to mind but she pushed it away. He was her soul mate and according to Hades, Diana hadn't made a mistake. 

Alice scooted closer to the door of the ranger rover, scowling at the Alpha. Tom raised his eyebrows at her in the rearview mirror as Colden let out a hearty chuckle but dropped the subject, seemingly in a better mood now that they were back home. She had noticed that ever since she had told him partly what she had learnt, he was far more relaxed. Alice felt slightly guilty for omitting the small truths but sometimes, that was better than being honest. He didn't deserve the stress and Hades' warning rang clear in her mind.

Over the next week, they had settled into a routine. Colden and Tom were nearly gone every day, setting up treaties with packs in Mexico and checking in on the wolves in the other states, whereas Alice was left to focus on her worries; how exactly she was going to get away from Colden, nevermind the question of what she would do after. The thought brought a cold sweat over her body but it was inevitable, she knew. Even Belle had sensed that something was wrong and she had taken time each day to train with her. Yet there was a deep sadness within the female and she had a feeling the exercise was more to help her focus on something other than the mate she left in Austria. Alice never dared to broach the subject in case it upset her.

They had been back for eight days now and there was still no sign of Lucien. Ever since his most recent attack nearly two weeks ago, he had been silent. Alice wasn't even sure he had noticed the fact that they left the country which made her more nervous than the times he made his presence known. Currently, Alice was perched in one of the main living areas with a few pack members, watching as the children played a board game. Belle claimed it would help them trust her but she could still see the memory of the night they had come here. Alice didn't blame them for their hesitance. Over twenty warriors had died in her name and she hadn't exactly been grateful before that.

The hair on the back of her nape stood as she felt Colden's presence. Their eyes met the moment he stepped in and every wolf in the room showed their necks in greeting. Tension coiled through his body and she could see the strain of his muscle. Belle had a longing smile on her face as Alice stood to greet him, enjoying the comfort that his scent brought her. She had felt silly at first, worried that it was another unusual quirk that she possessed, but they had assured her that it was part of the bond. It still felt weird whenever she felt inclined to sniff the pillows just so her heart could stop aching. 

"How's Lily?" Belle raised an eyebrow, concern etched on her face. There were bags underneath her eyes too which was unsurprising considering most of their days were busy.

"Sedated," Colden sighed, his head tucked into the crook of Alice's neck. His breath tickled the small tendrils of hair that escaped her messy bun.

"How long?" Alice found herself wondering out loud. From what she knew, Lily had been captured when Will died on the night Colden found her. Tom said that the death of a mate was a painful one, and it only brought Alice the memories of the time she had thrown herself over the balcony in hopes of easing the pain that the darkness brought her. She still fought the urge now, but accepting Colden as her mate made it easier to push the demon side of her away. Still, Alice felt somewhat responsible for Lily's state. If it hadn't been for her then WIll wouldn't have gotten killed. But most of all, she blamed Lucien. 

Now she used that anger to prepare herself for the time that she would have to leave and fight. It was enough to sometimes give her a headache, and enough to bring the darkness out, even if the anger wasn't fueled by fear. 

He sighed once more, pulling Alice closer to his chest. "I'm not sure if we'll ever be able to stop sedating her," he finally answered. Pack members cast them curious looks at the mention of the beta female but with one glance from Belle, they scattered away. "The doctors say her body is nearly enough healed but her wolf...I can sense her distress, the anger and the rage. There's no telling whether she would be safe for others."

"So what? You'll keep her locked up?" Alice's words came out sharper than she intended and a look of irritation flashed across his face.

"Should I kill her then? Should I have killed you when you attacked my guard? When you attacked me? Is that the better option? She's dangerous, I'm not sure whether keeping her wake would be crueller." Colden's nostrils flared in anger but the words were like a cold slap to her face. Alice took a step back in shock as Belle gasped. Cold fury wrapped around her as a small pain bloomed within her chest. His face slackened at the realisation of his words. "I'm sorry pumpkin, I didn't mean_"

"Don't touch me!" Alice snarled as he reached towards her. She felt her claws tear through the sleeves of his shirt. The smell of fear filled her nose and she knew that the beast inside her was starting to take over. The darkness lurked, licking its lips as if starved for a meal. She took rapid breathes in but her head felt as if someone had stuck thousands of nails in. She was ashamed at the tears that filled her eyes. "Just..." her voice trailed off at the look in his eyes.

Before she could do something irrational, Alice left the room in a scramble, her heart thundering against her ribs. She knew that he hadn't meant what he said but it hurt nonetheless. She knew that in a way she deserved to hear that, but a small part of her wondered whether that no longer was the truth. Alice wiped away the tears of frustration; she had been acting rationally at the time, at least with what she had known. He had taken her without permission and cornered her like an animal. How else should she have reacted? But to bring up her mistakes now after they had established a mutual treaty of peace enraged her.

Alice's snarled filled the hallway as she yanked open the front door, ready to take her anger out on the closest tree. It was then that a package caught her attention; at the foot of the stairs lay a medium sized pink box with a white rose placed on top. She gazed around the front yard and the trees that surrounded the large cabin but there were no wolves out. Colden had tightened security and unless it was supervised, they pretty much had to stay indoors. So who could have delivered the box? Alice sniffed the air, noticing a strange spicy scent that wasn't particularly strong.

Curiosity pushed her towards the box, her mind sidetracked from Colden's words. She strained her ears in case it was a bomb but there was nothing there. No sound of ticking or of machinery. Upon closer inspection, she thought that she smelt the scent of blood. Dread filled her at the realisation. She didn't know what compelled her to pick the box up, nor why she hadn't gone straight to Colden. Perhaps it was her own damn stupidity or the pride that often got her in trouble. But when tore off the lid and saw the 'gift' inside, Alice could have sworn heart dropped all the way to her stomach.

Inside there was a detached head, the blonde hair matted with caked blood and the face of her ex-boyfriend, of Elliot, was grotesquely beaten. Next to it lay a feminine hand with an engagement ring and she knew who it belonged to; Elliot's step-sister that Alice found him sleeping with, right on the day of their third year anniversary. It took everything to not scream until her voice was hoarse; the delivery guy could be anywhere, waiting until enough pack members ran out to launch an attack. No, she had to seem indifferent, careless as if it didn't bother her.

She mustered all the strength that she could and on wobbly legs, she took the box inside the foyer. Alice caught sight of a few pack members and immediately, covered the contents. She didn't want anyone else to see it, she didn't want anyone worried. No, this was for her and Colden to deal with, and anyone else he thought necessary. Alice found herself before his office where his scent was the strongest. He was talking in a hushed voice to Tom, too quietly for her to really register the words. But it wasn't like she cared. Not when her ex-boyfriends head was in a box in her hands.

Alice rapped the doors three times, her breath rising in rapid speed and tears threatening to overspill her eyes. The darkness in her lurched at the fear and anger like a starved dog, taunting her to let it take over. She pushed back, holding onto the box with shaking hands. Dead, he was dead and she had no doubt that it was Lucien's doing. She took a shuddered deep breath in before the door opened. 

Colden's eyes were worried as he took in her dischelvelled appearance but one sniff off the box and he had her inside with no questions asked. It wasn't until the door was locked safely behind her did the sobs start. She dropped the box to her feet, her body overcome by tremors as the shock over came her. She heard Tom curse before she felt his anger. Colden remained quiet. There was a small note in his hand, stained with blood and written on the same parchment that had been attached to Lily's stomach. 

"Bastard," Tom cursed, his canines elongated and his eyes a piercing gold, "fucking bastard!" 

Alice felt Colden's arms wrap around her as Tom began the mission of preparing a search for the trace of the intruder. He rocked her in his arms until her sobs died down and Tom had left the office to check the patrols and inform Belle of the recent events. Alice couldn't stop thinking about the memories she had shared with Elliot. She had always known it was dangerous to be with him, even before she had met Colden those men- demons sent to kill her- had posed a threat. But to think that even now people were still getting hurt because of her was a massive blow to her morals. Yes, he had cheated on her with his step sister. Yes, he had lied and manipulated her for the remainder of their relationship. And yes she had been absolutely and devastatingly heartbroken. But that did not warrant his death. The thought of the way he had died was enough to turn her stomach over. And his step-sister...Alice bit her lip to hold in her sob, her eyes sore and puffy from crying.

"Are you ok? You're not hurt?" Colden murmured against her head.

Alice shook her head, looking up beneath her eyelashes. "We were togteher for three years. I had loved him before..." she licked her cracked lips, "before I met you. And now he's dead." Alice bit her lip so hard that she drew blood.

He wiped away the tears with his fingertips, concern etched on his face. "At least you're alive Alice, at least you're safe." His words were enough to make the anger return.

"At least I'm alive? Colden, do you hear yourself? He's killing innocent humans, people who didn't deserve to die!" Alice shot up from their possioson. "No one deserves that fate, not even Elliot!"

His expression darkened, "I'd rather it be anyone but you. Anyone." There was a firm edge to his words but Alice couldn't help and stare at him in disbelief.

"Anyone, you say? What about Belle?" 

"That's not_"

 "What about those sweet little children that are so excited to see you when you come from patrol? What about Tom, your friend?" His jaw clenched at her words, his hands bundled into fists. Yet she knew by the look in his eyes that his answer wouldn't change and the thought sickened her. "How can you be so selfish? How can_"

"Am I not allowed to want something for myself?" Colden snapped, "am I not allowed to keep something so precious to me safe? Am I not allowed to protect you at all costs? I have waited years for you, longer than you have been alive. And I'd do anything to make sure that you are not dead, that you don't end up like Will or Lily or Elliot! And if that makes me selfish, then so fucking be it! "His chest rose with rapid breaths. She could see the tips of his canines piercing through his lip and his golden eyes that reminded her too much of the wolf that he is. "I have sacrificed a lot as an Alpha since my parent's death, but you," his eyes softened, "my mate...I'm not willing to."

"Maybe that's not your choice to make! Maybe I want to fight back and not sit back. Unlike you, I'm not selfish enough to do that." Alice snarled at the growl that vibrated out of his chest. "I care for you and yet I would not see your people die."

Colden's eyes narrowed as he took a threatening step forward. His chest puffed out in a sign of dominance. As if he could intimidate her. But Alice met his heated glare square on, snarling at the way his eyes flickered to the crook of her neck. 

"I wouldn't watch my people get hurt," he took another step forward, this time his voice lower and deeper as if he wanted to lure her into a snare. "I wouldn't watch them bleed," he trapped her against the door, his arms caging her in. Alice felt her pulse quicken at the testosterone that surrounded her, at the smell of his wolf and the way it urged her to submit. "And I certainly wouldn't watch them die. But should I be faced with the choice to save another wolf or you, I would always choose you, Alice. And if that makes me a big bad wolf," he nipped her lower lip with his canines, "then so be it."

There was a tense moment of silence before he dropped his arms and took a step back. "I suggest you go clean yourself up. You reek of blood and another male," Alice winced, "and I don't fancy fucking you against the door with a dead man watching."

"You're revolting!" Alice snapped. She pulled open the door before he had a chance to gain the upper hand on her again. Within minutes, she found herself in her room, slumped against the shower door surrounded by her own misery. Alice wasn't certain whether she was more angry at Colden for his selfish and possessive nature or for Lucien, the big fat toe rag who was a bigger pain in the ass than she anticipated. But most of all, she was angry at her papa for letting her be born. 

* * *

After a long shower and several hours of crying, Alice found herself restless. It was two weeks until the next full moon and her body was already tense, the little gift that Lucien had sent only made it worse. She took to walking the hallways, her feet silent on the floorboards and her shadow morphed into different shapes and sized across the walls. By the time midnight struck, she wasn't any closer to being tired.

At exactly 12:14 am, Alice peered out of the doors that led to the backyard. It was empty, save for the quiet sound of rustling leaves. Perhaps she was a fool for going out so late, especially with the recent delivery which still made her chest ache and her head pound, but with Colden's overbearing alpha dominance and the anger that threatened to suffocate her, Alice was daring enough to tread the waters.

The breeze was chilling against her skin and the sky was a blank canvas, barely dotted with stars and no moon to be seen. Alice liked the feel of the crisp wind on her body and the way it brought the smell of soil and leaves towards her, even when goosebumps rose in its wake. She turned her face upwards, a sigh of relief escaping her mouth. It was as if all the tension had left her body. There were no constricting walls and no overbearing males with rude attitudes. Here, she was once again Alice and not some half mortal and demon with a shit load of problems following her track. 

Alice wasn't certain how long she stayed like that when her brain registered a presence. "You shouldn't be out here." Colden's voice was a harsh murmur. She glanced up at the sky once more with a sigh before she turned to face him.

She raised her eyebrows, "it's not like there are wolves here," Alice kept her tone light but her expression remained guarded. She was still angry, after all.

"No," he drawled out, "maybe not scary ones. But there are beasts that would enjoy sinking into your flesh, especially with your neck bare of my mark."

"Is this what your bullshit is about then? The claim?" Alice hadn't told him of Hades' instructions in sealing the bond and internally, she cringed. It seemed less and less like a good idea, and it was terrible from the start.

Colden approached her in silence, his eyes predatory. She could see his wolf lurking in the shadows. This time, Alice didn't resent his touch as he trailed his hand over her cheek and down the side of her neck. His breath ruffled the tendrils of escaped hair. She held her breath in anticipation, feeling the anger deflate from her. Despite everything, his touch had become a constant comfort, an anomaly that managed to tame the darkness in her. It retreated to the back of her mind with a hiss, no longer feeding on the memory of Elliot's head.

"I don't like you being in danger to so many things, pumpkin. They can sense your power and that," he licked his lips, "makes you a prize."

Alice didn't have time to reply as Colden's lips brushed over her own. Her body responded as if on instinct, curling into his large frame as he held her face between his hands as if she may disappear. She sighed into his mouth, her toes curling into the soil. It wasn't long before their breaths became laboured and Colden's touch became rougher. Her back slammed against a tree trunk as he hoisted her against him, her legs wrapped around his waist. He nipped her heated neck, her shoulders and the tops of her breasts. A burning desire unfolded itself within her like a rose made of fire, overpowering any anger and doubts that she previously had. 

Their eyes briefly met before Colden tore off their clothes and entered her with one swift thrust. It felt punishing, the way her back rubbed against the tree and the way Colden's claws dug into her ass. Alice could barely hold back her moans as he grunted and snarled against her. This was not the lovemaking that they had in the hut, this wasn't quick horny sex that they had the first time they met. No, this was a primal and raw claiming that would leave marks for days to come. It was a male claiming his female in the only way he knew how.

Alice should have seen it coming as Colden's canines descended into the flesh of her neck the moment his climax came. Stars danced across her eyes as molten fire spread through her veins, the male before her snarling into her skin as he staked his claim through blood and tears of pain. Her claws shredded through his skin as something in her snapped into place. The cry of pain quickly turned into a moan of pleasure, her mind overcome by the very presence of him. 

Colden didn't retract his teeth until he was certain that his scent would be forever mixed with hers. Blood stained his lips, the only time that he would come to harm her flesh. His pupils were enlarged even as Alice's body slumped against him, overcome with sudden exhaustion. He carried her through the cabin into his room with male pride leaking from his pores. She barely remembered his tender touch as he cleaned her wound and brushed her hair out of her face. 

"Sleep, Alice. I will be here when you wake up," he murmured as finally, she succumbed to her dreams; in them, she saw the face of a monster with red eyes and a God who had a satisfied smirk on his face. By the time morning would come, Alice wouldn't remember a thing.

* * *

Idk, writing the claiming scene was so much harder than it reads. There are so many books that I read and wish that it was done differently, you know? It's such a primal act to bite someone, especially for a wolf, and I really wanted to convey that but I'm not sure that I have. Lemme know what you thought! Also, I felt that this chapter read a bit weird but that could just be my brain lol.

Also, tomorrow I have my sociology and law exams and I'm so unprepared ugh. Send help.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 26.9K 35
"I-I'm sorry for waking you up. Please forgive me Alpha." She basically threw herself to her knees and bared her neck: a sign of submission. I sighed...
6.1K 315 58
This is book one of the series. Jordan shifts slightly in my lap so she can see my face. "Liam, I want you to mark me." She bluntly states and expose...
13.1M 361K 63
"Fuck, baby. You can't say things like that to me. I want to, also. Trust me." His hand snakes down my body until he enters two of his fingers into m...
23.3M 637K 37
CAUTION CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT. "Say it, Allison," he said, his voice low as he trapped me against the rough wall. A shiver ran down my spine, his...