Hades' warrior

By Smallgirlbigattitude

Illiana Eliza James knew she was dead and but she didn't feel it. She was once known for her joyfulness, her... More

1. "May she rest in peace"
2. Gold coins and Horny dead men
3. "How much worse could it get?"
5. Ansel Gray and Arian Black
6. "No one touches a woman without her permission."
7. "He likes you"
8. Cerberus : Hades' one true love
9. God of bulbs
10. "Did you just ask a god to take the couch?"
11. We read to avoid the events of real life
12. Duty calls
13. Chicken soup
14. I fight Rudolph and his reindeers
15. How to make an immortal fall for you 101
16. No one's above Beyoncé
17. Elysium or Tartarus
18. Consent is always important
19. Immortal sitcom idea : How I met Hades
20. Back on Earth
21. Knock knock. Who's there? GROWWWR... Growwr who?
22. "The God of bulbs, man. Bulbs!"
23. Dead people take IOUs very seriously
Covers
24. Five minutes and I've already pissed off the King of gods
25. I might cause a massacre but at least there's cocktails
26. I piss off another immortal being
27. Aphrodite knows how to take her revenge
28. I should teach Hades some new swear words
29. "I'm sick of Greek gods."
30. "I don't think this is the smartest idea."
31. "Why me?"
32. The annoying poem that informs me about my inevitable death

4. God of the Underworld's new warrior

7.1K 249 20
By Smallgirlbigattitude

I was wrong.

I bet you, readers, wish you had a dollar for every time you heard that sentence in books.

Once I had gotten onto the stage, I found the circle and walked to the centre. An empty throne stood in front of me.

"State your name, age and mother's name." A female voice boomed.

"Illiana Eliza James. Eighteen and eleven months. Eliza James." I said as loudly as I could without yelling.

Then it flew at me.

Before I could see it coming, I fell on the ground, my head hitting the cold hard floor. I opened my eyes to see an old lady sitting on top of me. Her eye sacks looked like they were clawed out.

"Hey! What the hell!" I asked trying to push her off.

"Stay still! I'm trying to see." She screeched. She put her hand in a pocket and pulled out an eyeball.

"No!" I screamed as I pushed her off. I don't care what anyone else would have done in my position but if some random wacko pulls out an eye and sits on me, I'm pushing them away.

"Get her on the ground!" The lady screeched as she struggled to get up from the ground like a bug turned on it's back.

I looked to my sides to see two more crazy old ladies running towards me. I planned to run towards one and push it on the other but before I could do so, the bats fell to their knees. I looked towards the room to see everybody else did the same. Even Lucas. Everyone except the hooded figure, who stood lazily leaned against a pillar.

"Is there a problem here?" A voice like steel spoke behind me. I took a few breaths, readying myself before turning.

I did not know what I was expecting but it definitely wasn't what stood in front of me.

My brown eyes met his black ones. His eyes were dark like the colour left by a died out fire. I stood speechless. His hair was messy and long over his eyes. He pushed it back with his hand but it managed to make it's way forward again.

He looked like he was in his mid-twenties, wearing a complete black outfit with a black cloak flowing behind him.

He was really good looking, no strike that, he was hot. And that was something I usually didn't notice.

I snapped myself out of the gaze and frowned in confusion. "Um. Yes, there is a problem." I pointed at Crazy Bat no 1. "That one tried to sit on me."

The man in front of me didn't reply for a few seconds and then a smile slowly tugged on his lips. "What's your name?"

"Illiana Eliza James," I replied and quickly added. "Your grace."

I hadn't bowed or fallen on my knees, so I assumed that was the least I could do.

"Tell me, Eliza." He began as he made his way to the empty throne. "How did you die?"

I licked my lips. "A terrorist attack," I replied. It wasn't a lie but it wasn't the entire truth either.

The man nodded slowly, without asking any more questions. "Did you give Charon a gold coin, perhaps?"

I nodded, still unclear if this was Hades, himself or Death, Thanatos.

"Eliza ⎯ " he started.

"Illiana." I corrected. "Eliza was my mother's name."

"⎯ Illiana." He corrected himself, musing. I don't think anyone ever corrected him. "I'm Hades, the god of the dead and the king of the underworld."

He paused like he was thinking. When he began to smirk, I knew I was in trouble. "And you, my dear, are my new warrior."

A low gasp filled the room as I noticed the guards around the room turned to each other and began whispering. I glanced back at Lucas. I would never forget the look he had on his face since till date, I have never seen another man look that scared.

I hope you liked it!
Vote and comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 40 31
Opal had a normal life. She considered herself to be invisible, irrelevant to the ones who mattered the most to her, so she shut herself off. She sto...
1.1M 47.1K 39
*to be edited: please excuse any continuity errors and / or mistakes in regards the writing quality of Hades* You could say that a lot has happened t...
13.3K 724 96
ARDEN SERIES : BOOK 2 & 3 Paranormal Romance Arden. The daughter of Athena. I have heard so much about you and everything you have done. Everyone say...
643K 18.9K 55
Pandeia, the daughter of Selene and Zeus, lived happily in her mothers realm. She was loved by all, even Ares, who didn't like anyone at all. She was...