Percabeth Versus Everyone Els...

By lovednotrusted

"The seaweed-brain-kid started walking up the beach and sat down in front of her, pulling her closer and circ... More

James Westwood
Jasmine Kairn
Lillia Gorden
Amy Lewis
Mark Jameson
Riptide
Riptide (reprise)
Elli
Jessie Woods
Lucy Redmond
Anika Myas
Quick A/N
Molly James
Mara Flint
Alex Jay
Update
Marcus Rew

Alexander Jacobski

13.2K 171 240
By lovednotrusted

I breathed in slowly. Today was the day. I tied up my work shoes and grabbed my jacket. This afternoon I was headed to my new job at Olympus Architecture, but in the morning I had my ten-year high school reunion. I walked through the door, locked it, and got into my car. It's a red Prius, and I cleaned and washed it especially for today. I wanted to show my old school-mates how well I was doing now, and I wanted to impress my new co-workers. It was a win-win situation.

As I parked in front of Goode High, I stepped out the car and straightened my tie. This reunion was important, because, hopefully, Annabeth Chase would be here. She was my crush from school, and I hadn't really gotten over her. She let me down harshly.

Flashback

"So, Annabeth, do you want to grab an ice cream with me, after school?" I asked, leaning against the locker next to my best friend and crush.

"Sorry, Alexander, but I'm busy."

"Okay." I said, and walked off. Then, suddenly, I realised she'd never actually said no, just that she was busy! She still might like me! I decided I would go to the ice cream place I'd been planning on taking her anyway, because they did the best Rocky Road ice cream I'd ever tasted. When I got there, to my surprise, I saw Annabeth! I walked over to her booth and sat down.

"Sorry but someone - oh, hi Alexander!" she said.

"Hey Annabeth, how are you?"

"I'm good. How about you?"

"I'm okay. Just wanted some ice cream." For some reason, I don't know what came over me, I leant forward and kissed her. She pushed me back and moved to the other side of the booth, then stood up.

"Why would you do that? I never said I liked you, let alone that you could kiss me! That's harassment!" Then a boy came up to her, holding two cups of ice cream and put a hand around her waist.

"Annabeth, what's up?"

"He," she said, with disgust, "tried to kiss me!" The boy's face turned very angry, but I tried to ignore it.

"Who are you?" I asked

"Percy Jackson. I'm in your class, Alexander Jacobski! And don't even think about touching Annabeth again!" Then he turned to her. "Come on, Wise Girl, let's go home." She nodded, tilted her face up and kissed him. I stormed out.

End of flashback

I had no doubt, at all, in my mind, that Percy had left her by now. He was worthless! And I would swoop in and heal her broken heart. That was my plan.

I walked into the office and ticked off my name. I glanced at the sheet and saw Annabeth's name was also ticked off. I mentally pumped my fist in the air. Then I walked through.

First, I bumped into some other people. Amy, who was now apparently an Olympic swimmer and had brought her wife Lillia, Jemima, who had married a millionaire, and Oscar, who played basketball professionally. I'd forgotten how sporty my school mates were. Then I saw her.

She was as beautiful as ever. She barely looked 25, let alone 28! Her golden curls were swept over one shoulder, and she was wearing a sea-green blouse, tucked into a pale grey skirt, and short heels. She wasn't wearing any makeup, and she was still stunning. I walked over to her, and smiled.

"Hey Annabeth!" I said.

"Hi - I'm really sorry, remind me of your name again?"

Mentally, I thought, 'what? How could she not remember me?' But, in reality, I said,
"Alexander Jacobski."

"Oh." she said, her smile dropping. "You." Well, that wasn't the reaction I expected. Suddenly, I heard another voice.

"Annabeth! Have you seen Zoë anywhere?" I turned around to see him. Percy Jackson. He looked the same, but like Annabeth, didn't look older than 25. This really annoyed me on him, though it was attractive on Annabeth.

"You lost our daughter?" Annabeth said, her voice coated in slightly mocking disbelief. All I thought was, 'daughter? They have a child?'

"Not lost." Percy said. "She ran away from me. Wait - never mind. Found her." He ran over to the drinks table and scooped up a five year-old girl, with long black hair and grey eyes. "What were you doing?" He asked, smiling at her.

"I was thirsty!" she complained.

"You almost got me in trouble with Mommy!" Percy said, laughing. Annabeth smiled, and walked over to them. She kissed her daughter's forehead, then looked up at Percy, smiling with complete and utter love in her eyes.

"I could never be mad at my Seaweed Brain!" she said. Percy kissed her forehead. I couldn't help it.

"No!" I shouted. "He was meant to leave you! I was meant to be there for you to have a shoulder to cry on, and then we'd get married! This is not what was meant to happen!" Percy put his daughter down, and she grabbed her mother's hand.

"I don't know about meant to, mister. I know that you kissed my wife without her consent. I was her shoulder to cry on, I married her, I have a daughter with her. And Zoë and Annabeth are the most important things in my life! If you've spent ten years hung up on someone, there is something seriously wrong. Even if that someone is as amazing as Annabeth. " He turned back to his wife and muttered something, but Zoë ran over to me, dropping her mother's hand, and stomped on my foot with all her five year-old strength. It didn't hurt, but it was annoying.  Then Annabeth walked over, picked up Zoë, and took Percy's hand. The three of them walked out of the hall. Then, the new headmaster of Goode walked over. I recognised him - Mr Blofis! My old English teacher.

"Hello, Mr Blofis!" I said, trying to remain calm.

"I think you should leave the premises." He said, not even attempting any niceties. "We don't want this kind of animosity at our reunion. It is quite offensive to say things like that." I grabbed my bag and left, getting into my car as fast as I could. I just managed to see a sea-green Porsche pulling away.

I took a deep breath. It was okay, my day wasn't ruined yet, I still had my new job to get to. I started up the car and drove to the building. It was hard to miss, being taller than the average workplace, with greek-style pillars, all in white and grey. At the top, in large letters, it said 'Olympus Architecture". I drove around the back, to the car park, and parked in my assigned spot, next to a sea-green Porsche, that seemed slightly familiar. I ignored it, and got out the car, checking my reflection in the window. I'd calmed down now, I didn't seem flustered. Honestly, it hurt that she had been the one to walk out, seeing as I still loved her. I slammed the car door and locked it, then walked inside. I checked in at the office, and they sent me to my desk. I unpacked everything I'd brought with me - a work calendar, a book on ancient architecture, as Olympus Architecture specialised in Greek/Roman style buildings, and a mousepad with a picture of my cat on it. That was all I needed, other than my notepad, in my bag. Then someone walked over to me. She had straight brown hair that was loose and she was wearing a skirt and blouse, a notepad clutched to her chest. "Alexander Jacobski?" she asked.

"That's me." I answered.

"Good. All the new workers have an appointment to meet the C.E.O in five minutes. Just down that corridor to the left, then a right turn, and third door on your left. Thank you!" Then she walked away. I got up and walked down the corridor, and noticed it was covered with framed photographs. One had a news article of the first building the company had built. One was another article about the C.E.O, but I didn't read it. There were photos of some buildings, including a very fancy house with a white, grey, and sea-blue colour scheme. Then, on the wall, was a large board with the Olympics logo on it, that said 'Olympus Architecture sponsors the USA Olympics Team". Woah. That's impressive. I turned the corner and knocked on the third door on my left. I was let in by another assistant, and joined a line of about seven people. The C.E.O was facing the window, talking to a third assistant, about something I couldn't hear. Then the door opened behind me.

"Um, Annabeth, Zoë wanted to be - " the man cut himself off, but I didn't look. I recognised the voice, and I was busy hoping it wasn't him. "Sorry, I didn't realise other people were in here. Um, Zoë wanted to be here." The C.E.O spun around, and my heart dropped. It was her. Annabeth. I looked behind me and, I was right, the man was Percy, holding onto his daughter's hand. Annabeth didn't seem to notice me, and I tried not to draw attention to myself.

"Hi, Zoë!" Annabeth said, holding out her arms. Zoë ran over to her mother, who picked her up and hugged her, then sat her on the desk. "Sorry," she continued, turning to us. "My daughter. Anyway, you are all new workers here. I am the C.E.O and founder of Olympus Architecture, and I always like to welcome my new workers personally, and answer any questions they have. So, any questions?" One woman raised her hand. Annabeth smiled. "You don't need to raise your hand, but go ahead."

"Why does this company sponsor the USA Olympics team?"

"Good question!" Annabeth laughed. "Percy, get over here!" She beckoned him over and he came and slung an arm around her. "My wonderful husband, Percy Jackson, is part of the Olympics Swim team - you might know him. So, really, it's just sponsoring my family and friends." She smiled up at him and he pecked her on the lips. Then I hit my palm to my forehead. That was where I recognised him from! But that was my mistake - Annabeth turned and looked at me. She raised an eyebrow. "I've really gotta check these names better. Jacobski, what do you think that you can bring to the team? Give me one good reason I shouldn't fire you for what happened this morning." I froze.

"Um... I'm good at architecture? I studied it at university." Annabeth rolled her eyes at me, which, I can't deny, hurt.

"So has everyone here! Percy and Zoë excluded, obviously. So has my brother, who runs his own architecture firm, and all his employees. And, if you cannot bring anything to the team, and you disrespect people like you did me and my husband this morning, you are fired."

I ran in shame, gathering my things and sprinting out to my car. That was when I realised why I recognised that Porsche. I'd seen it leaving the reunion. It must have been the Jackson's car.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.3K 276 42
This entire book is just going to be Solangelo and Percabeth fluff, oneshots, and headcannons. Of course, the boys will be doing dumb things together...
356K 5.1K 58
People meet Percabeth, AU's and a lot of Percabeth oneshots!!! For example Percy's friends meet Annabeth, blind and mute AU's, Calypso's return and m...
207K 2.4K 79
Just simple oneshots, headcannons, and short stories featuring mainly Percabeth, but other characters from PJO, HoO and MC will be included. Mainly F...
319K 5K 31
Anything can happen in one shots, especially if it's Percabeth - written by 2014 madison. THIS IS SO OLD OMG. - all characters are rick riordan's :) ...