The One

Bởi x_x_LeXi_x_x

"She's the one. She's going to be the one who can save us, or destroy us all." The man spoke quietly, looking... Xem Thêm

00
01
02
03
04
05
06
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
Rip
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
Note

07

14.5K 302 25
Bởi x_x_LeXi_x_x

Tomorrow, tonight, the rest of my life
I wanna be the man you want me to be

Good as You, Kane Brown

"So, how much further do we have to walk?" Talullah asked, wiping the back of her hand across her forehead.

"Not much farther, baby." Paul replied, a smile on his face.

"Oh, good. I'm pooped." Talullah let her shoulders sag.

"Baby, look up." Paul said, looking over his shoulder at her.

"At what? It's nothing but trees." Talullah grumbled, looking up and seeing a clearing with a perfect view of the night sky.

"Oh, my god." She whispered, her eyes widening. "It's beautiful! Paul, how did you find this place?"

"It's only two miles into the woods from First Beach, baby." He walked over to her, pulling her into the center where a blanket was laid on the ground, covering the grass. "And it's not as beautiful as you, Talullah Rose."

"Don't be cheesy, Paul Lahote. That's not you."

"How do you know?"

"Because I know you, Paul, you're not the cheesy type."

"I don't know, Baby. I do love cheese."

Talullah laughed and sat down, pulling Paul with her.

"I'll make sure Charlie brings home lots of cheese when he goes shopping then."

"Baby, be careful! I could crush you, you're so god damned tiny."

"Well, yeah. I know Paul." Talullah said, wrapping her legs around his waist.

"What are you doing?" Paul asked as she pulled him closer to her face.

"Trying to kiss you, if that wasn't obvious."

"Talullah Rose. What am I going to do with you?" Paul whispered, dipping his head down and placing a light kiss on her neck before untangling himself from her body, and sitting beside her, a hand caressing her face.

"Well, for starters you could kiss me already." Talullah grumbled, sitting up.

"Oh, I know. I've been restraining myself from devouring you instead of the lovely food Emily made us."

As he said that, Talullah's stomach growled, alerting him to her hunger.

"Have you eaten anything besides breakfast?" Paul asked, pulling the picnic basket to his side.

"Uh, I nibbled. Some." Talullah mumbled quietly, rubbing the back of her neck.

Paul nodded, pulled out a few Tupperware containers and placed one in her lap, pulling the lid off, the smell of fresh made lasagna wafting in the air to her nose.

"Oh my god. She made lasagna?" Talullah asked, as Paul placed a fork in her hand. He chuckled and nodded his head, as she took a giant bite that barely fit into her mouth, leaving red pasta sauce at the corners of her mouth.

They ate the basket full of food that Emily had prepared, and drank some of the lemonade Paul brought from the car.

Once they were done, they laid back, the containers cleaned up and piled nicely in the basket.

"Hey, Paul?"

"Yes, Talullah?"

"Do you choose who to imprint on or does it just happen?"

"It just happens. Like it's written in the stars that you're destined to be with that one person, whether as a lover, a brother or a friend." Paul said, pulling her into his side.

"What happens if you don't ever imprint? Is it just wolves that imprint? Can vampires imprint?" She looked up at him, blowing hair out of her face.

"It's just wolves that imprint. I don't know if the bloodsuckers can have soulmates. I don't even know if bloodsuckers have souls, baby."

"Well, they must have souls." Talullah said, cuddling into his side, throwing a leg over his waist. Paul grasped her thigh and pulled it farther over him so she was laying on his chest.

"I'm sure they do. Some of them at least." He mumbled, grasping her chin and pulling her face closer to his. "Now stop talking about vampires."

He rolled over so she was under him, adjusted so he wasn't pulling her hair, and bent down, capturing his lips in hers.

They laid there, kissing, until the sun rose ten minutes later.

Paul laid back beside her and curled around her.

"We missed the sunrise." She pouted, her lower lip poking out farther. Paul ran his hand from her shoulder to her face, caressing her neck, before rubbing his thumb across her swollen lip.

"We did, but we had our first kiss as the sun rose." He whispered, leaning closer to her. He brushed his lips against hers and nipped at her lips, trailing kisses down to her neck.

He placed kisses and light nips around the nape of her neck where it meets her shoulder, and she stuttered over her words.

"Pa...Paul, you uh, you can't leave...um, hickeys, Cha- uh, Charlie will uh, kick your ass." She stumbled over her words, choking back breathy moans.

Paul growled and continued his assault on her neck, leaving light pink bite marks.

"I'd like to see him try." Paul whispered, leaving light kisses on her neck, trailing back to her lips.

"Paul, I'm serious." She said between kisses. He chuckled and pulled away from her, a smile spread on his face.

"Baby, I didn't leave any hickeys, I promise." He said, placing a hand on her face.

"Good."

The next day, Talullah dreaded having to go to school.

"Do I have to go, Dad?" She grumbled, throwing her hair into a messy top bun.

"Yes, you do. And what's on your neck? Is that a hickey? I'm going to kill him." Charlie muttered, glaring.

"What? Where?" She got up and ran to the entryway mirror, inspecting her neck.

Charlie let out loud laughs at her reaction.

"I got you good, Lullah!" He laughed, smacking his hand on the table.

"What's all the noise for?" Bella asked, coming into the kitchen completely dressed whilst Talullah was still in pajamas.

"Dad pretended that Paul left a hickey on my neck to freak me out.

Bella laughed a little.

"Hey, dad? I'm going out with Edward Cullen tonight." She said, grabbing the box of Lucky Charms from the pantry.

"Cullen? Dr. Cullen's boy?" He asked, looking up from his newspaper.

"Yeah."

"I thought you didn't like any of the boys in town." Charlie mumbled, crossing his arms in front of him.

"So, does this mean I can skip school?" Talullah asked, snatching Bella's fresh bowl of cereal from her and taking a bite.

"Yeah, whatever. Make sure Jake brings you your schoolwork when school is over. And stay here or at the Uley house." Charlie grumbled, still staring at Bella.

"Thank you, daddy!" Talullah placed the bowl back down on the table and hugged him, kissing the top of his head before running upstairs to change.

Talullah entered her room and was pushed against the door right after she closed it.

"Paul!" She gasped, as lips captured her own, his fingers weaving into her long hair.

"Good morning, Talullah Rose." He said, the words causing his lips to brush hers.

"Good morning, Paul."

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

65K 1.4K 23
Ella Swan is a well known girl in Forks and Bella's twin. She has lived with Charlie all of her life. When Charlie and Renee divorced, Renee got Bell...
203K 4.5K 36
A new coven shows up in Forks. Luciana Rossi and her very large family/coven show up Bella's senior year ready for a new start. They slowly learn how...
148K 4.1K 62
Janetta Swan is Bella's older sister. She has lived in Forks all her life. Janetta has a secret: she is a supernatural being. She has been able to ge...
107K 3.7K 52
"Because of you, I am no longer alone. That is the greatest gift anyone could ever give me." ----- Blythe Swan is the half-sister of Bella Swan. The...