in silence ᴰᴼᴵᴸ

By eternallyria

taeil befriends the new boy who seems to carry secrets. ♡♡♡ ᴅᴏʏᴏᴜɴɢxᴛᴀᴇɪʟ ⟶ ɴᴄᴛ discontinued imsorry :( More

「 intro 」
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
✒ ᵗʰᵃⁿᵏ ʸᵒᵘヾ(^ω^*)
18.
19.
20.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.

21.

1.1K 95 116
By eternallyria

☄️❄️☄️

The silence ridiculously ended the second the mute boy arrived. It wasn't exactly his arrival, just him texting Taeil that his mom was driving through the city near the destination—to which the older proposed he would walk with him. So the boy wouldn't get lost, of course.

For that reason, Taeil finished his breakfast in a second, getting his thick jacket and putting his shoes on before shouting a loud "Goodbye losers!" and with a bang of doors, he left.

"Well, what are we going to do while Taeil comes back from his date with his date?" Johnny joked while putting Taeil's cup in the sink, taking the Yuta's one along—both of the remaining boys shrugged. Only Sicheng hasn't even touched his tea, watching the cup as if it could change into a chameleon. Hence, the Japanese lifted his eyebrows in question in his direction to what the boy sheepishly started playing with the empty yoghurt crucible, almost knocking it off with a teaspoon.

"Uhm," He shyly looked up. "The taste is disgusting after the cold yoghurt." He then paused, as if choosing his words, before a thought hit him and he snapped his fingers. "The same like drinking orange juice after brushing your teeth."

"Don't even remind me!" Johnny groaned, averting the topic to another of flashbacks the friends shared. Meaning an interesting story was coming up. The friends smiled mischievously.

Sicheng eyed Yuta and then the cup, motioning the Japanese that he can take the tea if he wants to as he, most likely, won't drink it anyway. The boy shrugged and took it, both of their attention already on the third boy who was sitting behind the table, ready to draw them into another telling.

"Yuta dared me, as disgusting pig as he is, to drink orange juice and eat an apple—all of that after I brushed my teeth. I then had to wash it down with vodka and, let me tell you, it was horrible." Johnny shivered at the memory and Sicheng widened his eyes in amusement.

"Creative, right?" Yuta cocked, whereas his friend howled in frustration. Sicheng hummed, thinking of an answer. "Indeed, yes. But if I was the one you dared to do it, I'd probably hate you." He cocked back, Johnny smiling in victory at the Japanese.

"See, I had full right to be mad. I swear, if it wasn't for us being best friends, I'd vomit all over you, not on your couch." He gave him a grin which didn't really reach his eyes, or so-called smiling through the pain. Sicheng let out a giggle.

"Actually, I don't know what's worse. My mom was mad, like mAD."

A terrified look flashed over his face and his friends, not being able to hold it anymore, burst into a laugh with Sicheng choking on his giggles. Yuta only sipped his tea, dramatically shaking his head while Johnny was totally losing it. He knew Yuta's mom so he understood the situation he got his friend into very well.

"It's what you deserved." Johnny put on a satisfied look and shared a smirk with Sicheng.

They held it for a few seconds before the Chinese diverted his eyes to the cup as a warm smile appeared on his face. Yuta tried not to frown and waved it off with the thought that the Chinese is finally opening up, perhaps becoming a part of their little group. Still, he couldn't lie to himself—little jealousy stung his heart a bit.

"Yuta stop frowning or else you'll be ugly." Johnny slightly kicked his leg under the table and Sicheng seemed to be in his thoughts again. "Isn't it 'because you'll get wrinkles'?"

"Then there's no help for him," He pointed at the Japanese. "He smiles like—always." Johnny splayed his palm, a big smile appearing on his friend's face. Yuta's smiles were indeed beautiful.

"We call this yutiful." Johnny then did some ballerina moves, lifting his arms above his head and making a circle by letting them fall slowly on his lap while facing the ceiling with closed eyes. "A God-given gift to us."

"Ok enough of praising me." Yuta kicked him back, his cheeks tinting a bit in a reddish colour. Sicheng laughed. He wondered if the Japanese was secretly just a shy bean and Johnny wondered since when. But one look at the two and a smirk already glossed over his lips. Of course, it was all clear.

However, he will just let them be. For now.

✈✈✈

Taeil was more than enthusiastic as he watched the familiar black SUV making its way in his direction through the road covered in small rocks. He was hyped to see his mute friend again, although he couldn't really tell which part of his body the feeling came from.

"Good morning Mrs Kim." Taeil lightly bowed at the woman who just came out of the car. Second door that was on Taeil's side opened, and he came face to face with Doyoung.

"Hi." He grinned at him, the boy nodding back.

Taeil was already used to it and many other movements and sings, so instead of that making him feel insecure about their relationship, he knew the boy was actually just being friendly. And Taeil treasured it as he could see Doyoung trying to overstep his boundaries further and further.

"Will you be alright?" Doyoung's mom turned to her son, handing him a black backpack. The boy was a seemed to be more distant than usually.

She scanned his face with worry and all Taeil could do is smile. He noticed the genuineness in her gestures, how she held his hands and embraced him in a soft hug, how she observed him for the last time after pulling away. She was obviously afraid and Taeil didn't have to guess why. Doyoung was mute after all, and he supposed that there must've been rather terrible events leading to that point—he couldn't know it fully but his human instinct puzzled it out easily.

"Taeil?" The smooth voice of Mrs Kim pulled him out of his thoughts and he hummed in question "Yes?"

"Take care too." She said before turning on her heels and getting into the car.

That sentence left him confused even after she has ridden away already. Take care too?, he furrowed his eyebrows, yet a warm feeling came across his chest. Not take care of Doyoung, neither of my son—she trusted him enough to already count on that and instead showed worry about him. He felt like he was slowly becoming a part of something new.

The boy smiled sheepishly.

He again would get lost in his thoughts if it wasn't for a soft tug on his sleeve of his jacket snapping him out of it. Taeil realised that Doyoung was stepping on his place nervously, clearly waiting for him in the freezing cold. He cursed internally.

"Shall we go?"

Doyoung looked up, his blank face expressing it all. What kind of question that is?

Taeil cleared his throat and laughed nervously, sending a quiet 'follow me' to Doyoung.

They started heading towards the cottage while snow calmly danced around them. The scenery was sure breathtaking as they walked in the woods, the morning sun illuminating their way and its rays glittering on the icy surface. The sleeping trees stood still with benches covered in snow despite the soft breeze muffling the boys' hair, all greenery hiding under the white frozen powder.

"Ah! Doyoung, look." Taeil whispered under his breath just as his eyes caught a sudden movement.

It was a squirrel, its brownish fur with silver tones shining from the bright snow around. The animal was carrying some nuts, though it was more than odd to both of them—all food has frozen already, the cruel winter taking few poor misfortune creatures with itself.

Perhaps nature had mercy this time, Taeil smiled.

They continued in their route after the squirrel noticed them and ran away in fast speed, leaving the two all alone. That's when Taeil started thinking again, eyeing the boy walking behind him.

Doyoung was silent, too silent for a human. He'd expect to hear him coughing or sneezing at least once but the boy either had a brilliant immune system or he was good at muffling it all down. Taeil only heard him sneezing when they were visiting him which rather came out as a sound only kittens would make. It was cute and the older, along with Johnny had to hold themselves before giggling.

The boy was silent even while walking, not making any sound of stepping into the snow or crumpling twigs with his foot. Where Taeil tried not to stumble or slip on the ice, making him look like a penguin, Doyoung walked with emphatic neatness, his steps steadily perfect and quiet.

Now, when Taeil thought about it, Doyoung was a definition of elegance. Even his today's outfit consisting of long dark coat, grey checkered beret and black pants fitted his usual style even when they were in the middle of snowy mountains. In the end, no one said anything about hiking or doing something that required sporty clothes and besides, Doyoung looked too good to complain, putting Taeil in shame.

Taeil knitted his brows together as he thought more and more—maybe Doyoung's family was a bit more rich, his eyes on the ground but not paying attention to his surroundings at all. He regretted not being careful like Sicheng yesterday just when he suddenly lost balance, his clumsiness throwing him on the ground like a bag of potatoes.

"Shit!" Taeil breathed out while he lied on the frozen path. He panted because of the slight pain in his clubs, his gaze on the cloudy sky dropping small snowflakes on his face.

Feeling embarrassed and suddenly lazy, the boy would lay there for the whole day if it wasn't for sudden noise filling his ears. His heart skipped a beat and he almost choked. No way— He sat up with widened eyes, his gaze falling on the boy near him, standing in the snow and bending a bit. Sure, nothing unusual about Doyoung being there with him. It was the small and soft sounds escaping his throat that melted Taeil's little heart and created a smile on his lips.

Doyoung was laughing, covering his mouth with his right hand and his eyelids shut while making a grimace. It was almost unrecognisable, but in the quiet woods, nature got to see it with him.

Taeil couldn't believe his eyes, Doyoung was showing an emotion.

It was a beautiful sight, making the older more than proud as if he achieved something—which he did. Although it didn't last long, because as soon as Doyoung noticed the boy staring at him in amusement he immediately wore serious face and straightened his pose, Taeil could still see the sparkles in his eyes glowing though.

Maybe he was feeling embarrassed but, he thought while the mute boy offered him a hand, it was still worth it.

"You malicious rascal," Taeil said in funny tone and Doyoung's gaze fell on the ground as he bit his lip. It was obvious he was holding himself from snorting again. The older boy only managed to shake his head as he laughed.

"Anyway, we're almost there—" He looked around and stopped when he noticed the house. "Actually, we're here." Taeil nodded his head in its direction and Doyoung heaved a sigh. He passed the older who still stood there in the shock.

Only Doyoung turning around woke him up and he felt a slight nostalgia hitting his body—the scene reminded him so much of the first day they met, in the cafeteria, where he was scared of the boy's rejection. It's been almost four months.

"Woah." Taeil followed Doyoung.

✈✈✈

The awkward silence that arose with the arrival of the two was luckily cut off by Johnny returning from wherever he was. Sicheng was burning holes into the ground, Yuta at his back. Taeil didn't know what to say after greeting them and well, Doyoung had nothing to say anyway.

"Why are y'all standing there?" Johnny confusingly looked around his friends while chewing a piece of chip.

"You already opened that bag of chips I brought?" Yuta turned around and whined, sending his friend a laser eyes.

Johnny shrugged. "It's food and what do we do with food? We eat it." He showed another chip down his throat with a satisfied look playing on his face.

Yuta blasted off his place in the speed of light to save at least some of the food being followed with Sicheng who was on the other hand hungry. Thereupon, Doyoung slid the bag off his shoulders, throwing it somewhere on the couch while observing the house.

Taeil rolled eyes at his friend.

"And that's why you're single, Johnny."

The development of this story is just WOW *highkey hates herself*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.1K 2.6K 65
❝Both of us were sinful, but I wanted to thank those sins & dreams for letting us found each other.❞ a story of youth, valentinejen
784 106 24
Why tell him when you can just lie...
470K 5.7K 200
NCT OT23 > Taeil Johnny Taeyong Yuta Kun Doyoung Ten Jaehyun WinWin Jungwoo Lucas Mark Xiaojun Hendery Renjun Jeno Haechan Jaemin YangYang Shotaro ...
8.6K 171 11
Just a bunch of Yutae/little Yuta one shots as a continuation from my last story(little Yuta)!! (Story is completed as of now)