hide° NCT DREAM

By ppppoppoo

°nct dream mystery/crime au° [ COMPLETE ] Book 1 of irregularseries " solving the school's mystery case... More

.
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
0000
27
28
29
0001
30
31
32
33
34
0002
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
Sequel? PLEASE READ
SEQUEL IS OUT NOW

10

5.7K 259 117
By ppppoppoo

╔═══════════════╗
Chapter 8: Purse
╚═══════════════╝

-
Choi;Areum

Monday have come and i felt really sleepy. I didn't get enough sleep yesterday since i stayed up all night fixing the contact lenses that I've been working on. They basically work but it's still not stable when it is used.

" Areum are you okay?" Mark asked as rub my eyes.

" yeah I'm... Fine" i said

" i think you need some sleep" Haechan said.

" what nOo im fInE" i said as i closed my eyes.

" you're already sleeping you know that?" Jeno said as he held my chin up.

Then i fell asleep but then woke up again because haechan shook my shoulders.

" you could sleep at the headquarters if you want" renjun said

" yeah no one will disturb you there plus you can always copy notes from jaemin" Haechan said as jaemin glared at him.

" no thanks.." i said as i doze off the table.

" dude you need some sleep you can't sleep in class you'll get caught" mark said.

" but jaemin didn't get caught when he slept in class" i said as they all looked at jaemin.

" what? Just because I'm the top student out there doesn't mean i couldn't doze off class" he said.

They hit jaemin's back and that made me laughed at them and forgot about my sleepiness.

" now look she's laughing. We should let her sleep guys" Mark said.

" she's crazy" renjun said.

They all went back to their seats and haechan sat beside me. Haechan looks cute today.

" haechan why are so adorable?" i said as he looked at me with wide eyes. I saw the guys mouths open, i see they were shocked by what i said.

" we really need to put her to sleep" Mark said.

" yeah haechan isn't adorable" renjun said.

" yah!" Haechan protested.

" don't listen to them haechanie you're still cute and adorable to me" i said.

" jeno carry her to the headquarters she needs sleep"

Jeno carried me and we went to the headquarters. While i was being carried i fell asleep.

__ -:- __

I didn't know how many hours I've slept but when i woke up mark, jaemin and jeno are there.

I sat up and looked them while they are talking. Mark is in his computer, jaemin was sitting down on the chair writting something and Jeno looking at something on the tablet.

" areum you're awake" mark said  as i rubbed my eyes and looked at them. I saw the clock near the door and it was already four.

" you've slept for almost six hours already." jeno said.

Six hours?!

I've missed my three classes then wasted three hours in the headquarters. I got up from the couch and went to renjun who was in the room.

I walked inside and i saw him typing on the computer.

" oh you're already awake" renjun said.

" yeah I've wasted three hours" i said.

" it's ok you're still cute" he said. I looked at him and he smiled at me.

" okaay?" i said as i began to work.

I was editing the official Ir-regular website and did some layouts here and there when someone knocked on the door.

" can you guys send me the file i needed?" jaemin popped out his head.

" sure what is it?" renjun said.

" case 34" he replied.

Renjun found it and send it to his email. Then jaemin went out of the room.

" jaemin said that you got dragged by your mom last Saturday" renjun said.

" yeah something important came up and i didn't have the chance to bid goodbye to you guys" i said.

" it's fine we understand" he replied.

I'm really comfortable when I'm with renjun and haechan. That's why I'm cool when talking to them. Though I'm fine when talking to the others but these two makes me so comfortable like we've met a long time ago.

An hour have passed and it was time to pack up. I put my things on my bag and went out while i was heading out someone grabbed my arm. I turned around and i saw jaemin. He looked at me and i just stared at him waiting for him to speak.

" you left this last Saturday I've decided to take it since i believe you forgot to take it with you" he said as he handed me my purse. I grabbed it from him as i smiled in joy.

" thank you so much jaemin i thought i would lost it" i said

" i still don't like you" he said and walked out of the door. I opened my purse and i saw the pocket watch. It's still there.

I put my purse into my bag and went out. I was the last one to get out and i didn't know that haechan was waiting.

" haechan what are you doing here?" i asked him.

" waiting for you of course" he said as both started to walk.

" jaemin gave you your purse?" he asked as i nodded.

" im so glad that he took it other wise i won't able to see my dad's present for me" i said.

" jaemin knew that it was your purse that's when he tried to call you but then he said you also left your phone in there along side with a pocket watch which was kinda antique when we saw it." haechan said.

" oh yeah the pocket watch was my father's gift for me its too precious to me that's why i got stressed out when it went missing " i said.

" good thing jaemin saw it" he said. Yeah a good thing.

While we are walking haechan noticed something going on behind the high school building. We hide behind the trees and looked at the scene from there.

We was two people wearing an all black suit and a girl who was cornered by them. The two guys where holding a knife and was about to stab the girl until there was a huge sound came from one of the buildings and it made us look to where it came from but then when we looked back the people where gone and so is the girl.

Me and haechan runned towards the place where they were before and we saw blood there droplets of blood. Also an id card of the girl.

Kang Jeira

This is one of the girls in my class. Haechan noticed something on the ground and looked at it. He picked it up and it was a piece of paper with writtings on it.

Stop with your investigation you'll never find anything

It said on the paper. Haechan crumbled the paper and threw it away.

" let's get her id i think i would be useful" haechan said as i took out a bag with me and tweezers. I picked up the id stained in blood and put it inside of the bag.

We walked away from the crime scene and went to the gates. We talked about telling this to the others tomorrow and try to look for morw clues around the area since we haven't looked the areas near it.

As we are nearing the gates i saw doyoung waiting for me.

" i guess my ride is here" i said to haechan.

" okay I'll see you tomorrow, bye" haechan said as he walked away.

" take care haechan" i said as i waved at him.

He smiled at me and walked his way to his home.

Doyoung opened the door as i went inside. I put my bag beside me and doyoung went to his seat. While doyoung is driving my stomach growl and i held it.

" you're hungry aren't you?" doyoung asked.

"you heard that?!" i looked at him and he smiled at me

" yes obviously you didn't eat lunch today" doyoung said.

" yeah i slept during my break until class ended" i confessed to him.

" you should have eaten first before you sleep" he said as he turn to a drive through. He ordered food and also paid for it and gave it to me.

" you shouldn't payed for it doyoung" i said to him.

" it's a thank you gift for not telling your mom that i sneak out at night" he said as he drove to the house.

I was actually eating on the way because I'm really hungry now so doyoung decided to turn to another street for me to finish my food before we got home. I was a fast eater since that was only a burger and fries with coke of course.

After like two rounds of driving to that street we finally went home.

As we got there i took the paper bag filled with my trash and put it in the bin so doyoung doesn't have to clean the car. I went to my room and changed my clothes.

I have only one homework today so I'll just finished that really quick and head back to the laboratory to fix the lenses.

I just hope that this will work this time.

__ -:- __

" areum let's go together" renjun grabbed my arm and dragged me inside of the gates. It's another day what do you expect.

" renjun wait!" i yelled as laughed at my face. I swear to God this boy.

He offered to take me to my class i rejected it at first but he insisted.

While we are walking we oassed by the old stoned place. I looked at it and it sends me those creepy vibes like in those old haunted movies and at the same time curiosity started to build up.

" we really need to get inside of that old building" renjun said. He was also looking at it this whole time.

" why don't they just take that down" i said to them.

" i don't know but i think they are protecting something inside of that damn building. I just think of it that way because why would they put guards around it if they aren't trying to hide something" renjun said.

" some said that there are secret passages here at the university's grounds but we haven't discovered it since it was so hidden and no one dared to find its location. The passages rumors must be a joke since it wasn't found but who would even start that kind of rumor if they haven't seen it yet? " renjun said as he held his bag tightly.

" i think someone did find it but didn't told anyone it's location " i said to him.

" maybe.. But don't you think that's kinda odd? " he said.

" if he did found it he or she could spread it and the whole school would know its location since rumors and gossips here spread so fast like internet speed " he added.

I'm getting frustrated in this mystery case of them.

Renjun dropped me off to my class and bid goodbye as soon we  stopped infront of my class. He dashes away and went to the other building and took the shortcut. The sophomore and freshman's building as connected so it would be more convenient to us.

As i got inside i took my seat and jaemin was alreadyin his seat and he was reading a book.

As i took out my notes professor moon walks inside of the room and made all of our attentions faced into him.

" good morning class. Today we'll be having the first step of creating your own device. It can be anything you wanted but this isn't a individual work. Your partnered up with the one who is seating next to you. No changing of partners. So draw first the actual model then put the parts and the things you need in order to make this possible. The final product will be passed at the end of the semester so you have months in preparing that i hope all of you have a product in the end. Every thing is possible guys you can do anything as long as you believe in it" then Professor moon gave us the signal to work.

While the others are talking with their partners me and jaemin aren't looking nor talking abou the project. It was kinda awkward to work with him since i know he hated me but i have to do this for the sake of my grades.

" shall we start?" i asked him.

" what are you thinking about, what kind of device?" he asked me.

To be honest i was thinking of the universal key but it's kinda extreme? Because it was probably the most useful to us but it can be dangerous and it would take months to finish it. So yeah scratch that.

" i have nothing" i said but then an idea popped out of my mind.

" oh but i thought of something just now" i said.

" what is it?" he asked.

" an AI.." i said.

" you mean Artificial Intelligence? Are you sure you're on your right state right now because no one in this class would have thought of that except for you" he said

" that's easy to build Jaemin how about you?" i asked him.

" i was thinking of a thing that would shut up chenle but i think yours would be awsome" he said. I saw a small smile on jaemin's face then quickly faded.

He started to write the important information down on the paper as i think what would the AI be. Like what should he do. Then i quickly thought of something.

" how about we make an AI that could examine unknown liquid components" i said to jaemin.

" if we build that we could use it in our investigations at the club. Very useful Areum" he said as started to write down the details.

" but do think we could build this?" jaemin asked

" trust me we can jaemin"

__ -:- __

I hope nct will win an award next time the fandom is breaking apart on twitter :<

_popo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 58 49
||In the end I don't know whether you'll stay or leave again.|| Replied to your 'close friends' story: yellowjun_: Frightening at best, now at worst...
1.3K 73 17
"Maybe I was wrong about Park Jisung. Maybe we were wrong about each other." Jisung Fanfiction, High School academic rivals trope
330K 7.7K 49
❦︎• ᴀ sᴛᴏʀʏ ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴀ ɢɪʀʟ ɢᴇᴛs ᴅᴀɪʟʏ ʜɪᴄᴋᴇʏs ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʜᴏᴏʟ's ғᴜᴄᴋʙᴏʏ [there may be a few spelling mistakes and errors. please ignore! also this i...