Hendrix ✓

By softsloth

‶Your little mate, what is she like?″ ‶She's wild, but all the best flowers are.″ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★... More

Hendrix
prologue
1 ★ Virginia moon
2 ★ Hang the DJ
3 ★ Money
5 ★ How sweet it is
6 ★ The trees
7 ★ You're mine
8 ★ Despair
9 ★ Young mate
10 ★ Rain or shine
11 ★ Freckled girl
12 ★ Mercy
13 ★ Hour glass
14 ★ A little tenderness
15 ★ Ash
16 ★ Rookie maneuvers
17 ★ Wrapped around your finger
18 ★ First date
19 ★ Everything's magic
20 ★ Cave in
21 ★ The blues
22 ★ I've been cold
23 ★ Gonna groove tonight
24 ★ My baby
25 ★ Behind the wheel
26 ★ I hear her playin the drums
27 ★ Little valentine
28 ★ Your atmosphere
29 ★ Pushed away
30 ★ Seem like enemies
31 ★ You're my home
32 ★ It's over
33 ★ Breaks my heart
34 ★ Empty
35 ★ Forever changed
36 ★ Fatherless
37 ★ Foresight
38 ★ A little of both
39 ★ Chain of love
40 ★ Keep you safe
41 ★ Disregard
42 ★ Comfort you
43 ★ A part of history
44 ★ Crawling
45 ★ Love's undone
46 ★ Cherry
47 ★ Lonesome loser
48 ★ You have my heart
49 ★ Miles away
50 ★ Picture of my past
51 ★ Show me love
52 ★ Smile for me
53 ★ Endless song
54 ★ New sensation
55 ★ Lift away
56 ★ Never disappear
57 ★ Flag me down
58 ★ Bell through the night
59 ★ Shrillest highs and lowest lows
60 ★ No longer alone
61 ★ Jumper cable lips
62 ★ Just like a dream
Epilogue
Book 3 ☽ Opal
Book 1.5 ❥ Tressandra

4 ★ Useless

214K 7.3K 1.7K
By softsloth

𝕊𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕤𝕗𝕒𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 ℝ𝕠𝕝𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕊𝕥𝕠𝕟𝕖𝕤

" He's tellin' me

more and more

about some

useless information "

Cedric POV

      I rumble up to the school with something akin to anger. Or maybe it's anxiety, I'm not quite sure. I haven't felt anxiety in years. Who knows how long it's been since the ridiculous emotion has riddled me.

     Staring up at the historical building in front of me, I cringe. I am nervous after all. This isn't what I expected. I'm not afraid of anything, most certainly not a bunch of college aged human students.

     Maybe I'm afraid that I'll kill someone if they get on my nerves. It is possible.

     I park my bike, slipping off the motorcycle with a glare. I don't want to go in there. I don't want to have a meeting with the school's President. Shoving my keys in my pocket, I know I have no other choice.

     This is necessary, this is the whole reason I came out here in the first place. I won't let some meeting with some infuriating little human stand in my way. I've already met him, spoke with him, but today is my first day on the job, and they need to make sure everything is in "tip top shape." At least, that's what the email said.

     Pathetic humans.

     Large letters spell out "Administrations" above the double doors. I roll my shoulders while I enter the building, still not accustomed to the way the button up shirt clings to my chest like a skin. Savannah picked them out and bought them on my dime, she insisted that's how they're supposed to fit, but I don't believe her. I know better.

     No male should be confined to skin tight clothing.

     When I walk to the front desk, I quietly observe the woman behind the desk. She's middle aged with fine lines decorating her face. Her pink sweater has kittens on it. Wire rimmed glasses hang off the edge of her hooked nose while she concentrates on a crossword puzzle in her lap, completely oblivious to my arrival.

     Does the gazelle ever notice the lion poised to strike?

     Once I get to the counter, I clear my throat.

     The female glances up casually, then does a double take when she spots me. Her eyes widen and her pink painted mouth parts. The scent of her fear wrinkles my nose, but I try to mask the distaste quickly.

     I can't draw any more attention.

     "I have an 8 o'clock with Dr.Irwin." I explain, tight lipped as the human continues to stare at me like I'm some kind of museum attraction.

     Her cheap perfume wafts around me along with her fear and arousal. I'm not unobservant or naive, a lot of women scent of arousal when they see me, but there is always that hint of fear engulfing it. I always smell fear when I'm around another living soul.

     Everyone is scared of me.

     The woman pushes her chest in the air, her breasts straining against her sweater in an obvious plea to draw my eyes there. It works, but not in the way she wants it to.

     I look at her with disgust. Pathetic humans.

     "Of course." She sputters, suddenly flustered. I glance down as she fumbles with the computer. The receptionist spends some time clicking away on the device, her long nails making small noises on the keyboard. She suddenly faces me with a shy smile.

     "Just go right in, honey. Second door to the right. He'll be waiting." She says, leaning forward to show some cleavage.

     I don't spare any time waiting around. I need to get away from the overbearing woman before I go completely insane. It was hard enough not showing her how offsetting her manners really were. That's a sight I won't soon forget, unfortunately. I shiver in revulsion.

     When I get to the door, I don't spare a knock, I just walk right in. I have to mentally scold myself for that minor slip up.

     I'm too used to the world I've been living in. Humans don't know my status or power, they can't sense those things. They don't have instincts like the supernatural. They're too weak, too mundane.

     The President is sitting with his feet propped up on his desk, lazily laid back in his leather swivel chair with enough arrogance to make me roll my eyes. Another human sits across from him, she has a cigarette hanging from between her fingers as she laughs at something he must have said before I entered the small room.

     They both turn to look at me standing in the doorway. The President's mouth opens, his jaw lowering while he looks me up and down. We've already met mind you, but humans can never seem to contain their reactions when they see me. It's clear across their faces.

     The same goes for the human woman. She adjusts her blonde hair and wipes at her cheeks, clearly trying to look her best as her scent of fear tinges with a heavy dose of excitement.

     Excitement of all things.

     "Professor Riley, nice of you to join us." Irwin says, gulping as his dark eyes flicker around. The male is too scared to make eye contact with me. I try not to show how smug that makes me.

     I also forgot that I'm to be under the cover name of Riley. Any werewolf or lycan would hear the name Veiler and run for the hills. All of this would be pointless if that happened. I'm trying to keep a low profile, which is exactly why I can't scratch the eyes out of the female looking at me like I'm a piece of candy.

     Pathetic humans.

     "Well, you did ask me to come here. What is so important?" I ask darkly, narrowing my eyes on the male who is practically shaking behind the desk. He straightens his tie as if it might bring him some sort of relief, maybe ground him a bit, but it doesn't help.

     He's useless this way.

     "Yes, yes of course. I just wanted to make sure that you have everything prepared for your first class and that you are settling in well?" He mumbles, his eyebrows furrowed in concentration like each word is a chore to get past his lips.

     I hold back the feeling of annoyance. I'm out of practice with this, I'm not used to being around humans. I haven't had a full conversation with one in years.

     "Yes." I reply simply. Irwin's eyes widen, and he clears his throat.

     "You went over Professor Martin's syllabus?" He pushes. Oh yes, the Professor that I am filling in for.

     "No." Shrugging my shoulders, I observe the President with a bored look. This is taking up my time, and he should know it. Instead he has the nerve to protest some more like whatever he has to say actually holds some importance.

     "But, he's been teaching history here for years. He's perfected his syllabus, I expect you to teach what's on it." He insists, and I refrain from growling him into submission. I must be glaring since he suddenly looks as if he'll piss himself.

     Pompous human.

     "I went over this syllabus you worship, and it wasn't to my liking. If it's my class, I will teach what I consider important for the children to learn about this world's history. Believe me, I know a lot more about it than Professor Martin." I spit, and the male flinches. The other human just watches idly on the sidelines.

     "But, Professor Martin is nearly 40 years your senior.. it's just preposterous to stay that yo..."

     "If Professor Martin wanted to teach his syllabus so bad, then he would be here to teach it, wouldn't he?" I ask him, knowing full well that the professor is out because he had to get a knee replacement. Unfortunately they hadn't found a temporary replacement for him for the whole semester, until me.

     It's late September. They lasted a few months before the Guard sent me, getting by with a makeshift substitute every now and again.

     The humans don't know about my real mission here. I'm treading on delicate territory around them as it is, I can't have any slip ups. I just can't help hating the way humans question me sometimes. It is very aggravating. I have become too used to people doing what I wish without any questions.

     My Alpha tone would work on a human, more than any werewolf or lycan, but they would not understand it and I'm not here to arouse suspicion.

     "But the students, they have been learning the curriculum since forever! They're studying for midterms. You can't just come in here and change the syllabus." President Irwin demands, and I clench my jaw, tilting my head to the side.

    When he spots the expression on my face, he leans so far back into his chair, shrinking down into it like it could swallow him up. If only it would. That would save me an immense amount of trouble.

     It seems I have to explain everything to this pea brained human.

     "I assume that your students are smart?"

     He just stares at me with wide eyes, giving a slight nod to indicate that assumption is correct. His skinny shoulders shaking a bit under his suit coat. I'm sure by human standards they are intelligent by some degree.

     "Then they can learn from my curriculum. It's not impossible, President, I assure you. This argument is over." I use my Alpha tone on the last part to ensure that the conversation is finished. I'm too tired to continue playing games with the mortal. Besides, I have a class to get to.

     I try to leave, but I find my path suddenly blocked by the female. She gazes up at me with half lidded eyes as if she just woke up. I can tell she does this on purpose, trying to look appealing, and it is anything but.

     "I'm Professor Henderson, but you can call me Shailene." She says breathlessly. Her fear smell cancelling out any arousal. The scent of fear has a way of doing that, no matter how much of it there is, it always seems to erase everything else with its pungent stench.

     The human professor is tall for a human, wearing bright red high heels. She bats her eyelashes up at me and grins.

     "Let me know if there's any way I can help you get a little more comfortable here. I'd love to be of service." Shailene murmurs.

     The invitation is clear in her voice, and I don't want what she's offering. The thought alone makes me want to gag. I'm no saint, unfortunately. Unlike every other lycan on the planet, I didn't wait for my mate. I broke after a few hundred years and went crazy with overindulgence, and then regretted it later. I was sure after that my mate would hate me when she met me.

     Then another few hundreds of years passed me by, and now I know that finding her isn't likely. In fact, I don't think I'll ever come across my mate. I don't know if she died long ago, or if she just hasn't ever existed. There's no way of knowing. Even if I don't get to have a mate, I won't stoop that low again. Especially with a human of all things.

     So when this one tries to make an offer I cringe, taking a step back as I open the door behind me. I need to get out of the crowded office before I snap. I hear the door slam, watch my feet eat up the sidewalk as I rush outside, and yet I don't slow down, not even once.

     This is a trial I need to take one step at a time, and if I make a mistake now I'll never forgive myself for letting Wheeler down.

✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰

If you're reading this, you're a beautiful person:)

     Another chapter for ya! I've been a little under the weather and traveling a ton, so I was scared I wouldn't have the energy or time to edit this chapter this morning, but I got it done!

     Predictions? Thoughts? Drop em' in the comments!

     Next update will be Tuesday❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6M 259K 69
"I'm a psycho at the bottom of the pack, and you're a warrior built to kill. Isn't it a weird mix?" He shrugs, a wicked grin plastered to his face. ...
1.7K 166 10
In this world of supernatural beings, power, and greed act as a catalyst for violence and war. Humans are subordinate in every sense and reside at th...
68.6K 1.8K 41
She is a rogue He is forgotten. Her father is the alpha of rogues. His father was the alpha of Strathclyde Pack. She treats everyone as filth, being...
2.1M 54.2K 39
BOOK 1 He hovered over me in silence while I gathered my senses. "Why are you here Deacon?" I finally asked. I heard his gruff sigh before he knelt d...