Power Relic

By DavidJRenaud

Powerful Relics protect this Galaxy from an ancient evil but over time their powers have dwindled. Meet Sam a... More

Chapter One: Sam and Kenneth Gusterson
Chapter Two: The Book of Extraterrestrials
Chapter Three: The Arrival of the Poladeans
Chapter Four: Feline Humanoid Extraterrestrials are Extremely Rare
Chapter Five: Sam receives the Pendant
Chapter Six: The Legend of LyrAndal
Chapter Seven: The Genetic Harp
Chapter Eight: The Summoning of Adimniss
Chapter Nine: The Prophetigress
Chapter Ten: Tiya
Chapter Eleven: The Base Underground
Chapter Twelve: The Murder Weapon
Chapter Thirteen: Sam's Stealthy Flight
Chapter Fourteen: A Leech Mine
Chapter Fifteen: Toido's Mission
Chapter Sixteen: The Tune of the Hum
Chapter Seventeen: Varnaulk's Virillian Theatre Company
Chapter Eighteen: The Song of the Tigris People
Chapter Nineteen: Great Warriors I Call Upon You
Chapter Twenty: Candillice Meets Sam
Chapter Twenty One: The Gift of Spark
Chapter Twenty Two: Vult Ravik's Merkabolisks
Chapter Twenty Three: LyrAndal's Glass
Chapter Twenty Four: 3.5D
Chapter Twenty Five: Papilliowalayo
Chapter Twenty Six: Queen TyrAnna is Enraged
Chapter Twenty Seven: The Quartanitz
Chapter Twenty Eight: The Lightling Sisters
Chapter Twenty Nine: The Tigris Who Wore White Armor
Chapter Thirty: The Freedom Fighters
Chapter Thirty One: The White Knight
Chapter Thirty Two: Sam Loses His Charm
Chapter Thirty Three: The Grotesques Attack
Chapter Thirty Four: The True Heroes of the Prophecy?
Chapter Thirty Five: The Shadow's Hold Over Her
Chapter Thirty Six: Knogra Knows Everything!
Chapter Thirty Seven: The Mission Logs
Chapter Thirty Eight: Tiya In Danger
Chapter Thirty Nine: Siamisha
Chapter Forty: The Heir of LyrAndal
Chapter Forty Two: The Roar Of Siamisha
Chapter Forty Three: Her Promise
Chapter Forty Four: Extreme Droneflag
Chapter Forty Five: Training Begins
Chapter Forty Six: Taking a Step Back
Chapter Forty Seven: Perfecting the Formula
Chapter Forty Eight: Game Day
Chapter Forty Nine: Anything Goes
Chapter Fifty: The Truth About the Grotesques Revealed
Chapter Fifty One: Salvation
Chapter Fifty Two: The Game is Over
Chapter Fifty Three: Finger Painted Fairy
Chapter Fifty Four: Everything is Going to be All Right
Chapter Fifty Five: It's Not All Happening Just As It Did Before
Chapter Fifty Six: The Blue Star

Chapter Forty One: Kenneth Takes Control of the Situation

111 13 0
By DavidJRenaud

Adimniss had taken her captives to the room of mirrors below the Merkabolisk in the north. 

She had wrapped them up so tightly in her shadow vines that when she let them go it caused them to spin. She laughed as they were flung against the wall and weakened. 

She was very satisfied to have caused them pain and dizziness.

"I have important business to attend to! Your torture. . . . Comes after."

"No!" Andrew shouted.

He lifted his sceptre and attacked her with a whirlwind spell, the mirrors shook but did not fall from the wall where they were placed. Adimniss was hit by the whirlwind and appeared to vanish.

"You got her Dad!" Kenneth shouted but Andrew fell to the floor.

His head became filled with pain.

"I am here!" She screamed from within his skull.

"Not for. . . . Much longer!" Andrew argued and raised his sceptre to his head.

He closed his eyes and began to will her out of his body. But was disappointed as his most powerful purification spell had no effect.

"Why is this not working? It should work!" Andrew yelled in frustration.

"So pitiful. . . .I should destroy you right now!" Adimniss said as she rematerialized.

She stood over Andrew and raised her arms in a threatening stance.

"WAIT!" A deep voice echoed throughout the room.

"Masters?" Adimniss turned to face the mirrors. Andrew looked up to see who it was that Adimniss was talking too.

A dark and shadowy figure was present in the closest mirror on the wall.

"ADIMNISS. . . .IF YOU DESTROY HIM YOU WILL DESTROY YOURSELF!" the voice bellowed addressing Adimniss.

"PATHETIC BEING!" The voice then turned to address Andrew.

"YOU SUMMONED OUR SERVANT WILLINGLY! . . . .YOU CANNOT EXPEL HER!"

Andrew thought of the ritual he used to summon Adimniss into his trap. He was so sure the pendant would put an end to her.

At the time he had not thought of the consequences if he failed.

The fire died down it was now only burning half as much, several other shadow men appeared in the mirrors and began to whisper to each other.

Andrew felt very afraid of the dark shadow men in the mirrors.

"You! you are the Illinliu council are you not? You are the ones responsible for this whole mess! . . You. . Your lust for power has wiped out many other Universes! Such destruction and death. . . . And now you want to bring it here? To our Universe?!" Andrew scolded them but then he soon realized he had picked a fight with the wrong supreme beings.

With a powerful burst of energy they threw him down to the floor.

"THE REALMS OF WHICH YOU SPEAK. . .THESE UNIVERSES ARE INSIGNIFICANT!. . . . THE LIVES WITHIN THEM, AND YOUR LIFE IS OF LITTLE VALUE TO US!"

The shadow man who first appeared bellowed with anger from the mirror, but then another softer voice was heard from another mirror directly across the room.

"We go by many names such as the Illinliu or in lieu of or the society of seekers who seek for an alternate universe where we will rule. We come to offer you power if you will aid us," The softer voice explained slowly and calmly.

"He is not worthy!" Another shadow in a mirror commented. Andrew was filled with dread as he picked himself up off the floor.

"Masters I have the Quartanitz! What about our deal?" Adimniss said.

"Very Good Adimniss our servant," the softer voice said.

"NOW WE WILL ANSWER TO NO ONE. WE WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE TO NONE ABOVE US! FINALLY A REALM TO OURSELVES WHERE WE SHALL RULE!" The first shadow mans voice bellowed.

"Adimniss our servant we now require the activation of the Spire of Snaratun. To do this place the Quartanitz in the receptacle at the top of the Spire!" The shadow with the softer voice said.

"REMEMBER! ONLY SEND ONE QUARTANITZ AT A TIME IF YOU HAVE BOTH OF THE QUARTANITZ THOSE FOOLISH YOUNG LIGHTLING SISTERS STOLE FROM US IT WILL BE TOO MUCH FOR THE SPIRE TO TRANSFER!" The first shadow man Bellowed.

"One at a time! Yes! I only have one but its power is immense, I will send you this one immediately my masters!" Adimniss replied.

Kenneth did not like what was happening and he had no intention of helping Adimniss. He pulled the remote for the drone from his jacket and pushed a button that activated the drones stealth function.

"What? What happened to it?" Adimniss questioned as she watched the drone and the statue disappear. And although no one could see it, it sounded as though the drone had just flown off through the doors and out of the room.

"What is happening there Adimniss is the Quartanitz alright?" the softer voice asked.

"SHE HAS LOST THE QUARTANITZ! ADIMNISS YOU ARE A FOOL! FIND IT NOW OR WE WILL DESTROY YOU!" The first shadow man bellowed. Kenneth Laughed and waved his remote control in the air.

"Kenneth what are you doing?" Andrew scolded.

"You did this? Return the Quartanitz!" Adimniss yelled. She raised her hand and began to summon many shadow vines.

"Not so fast crazy lady! I sent the drone away, but I can't bring it back here. And also you see this button? Once I push it the drone will be in stealth for a very long time you will never find it!" Kenneth said.

"Adimniss please believe what he says to be true. That drone was built with Stellar Overseer technology it is incredibly advanced and it has a power source that will last thousands of years! If the stealth is not deactivated then the statue will never be found!" Andrew explained.

"Yep and I'm the only one who knows how to find it again so you better think very hard before you mess with me!" Kenneth stated.

"HE IS YOUNG AND VERY FOOLISH! BUT HE OUT SMARTED YOU ADIMNISS! HAHAHA," The first shadow man bellowed.

"He may be more suited for this task than you Adimniss! Perhaps we should make the deal with this young one!" The softer voiced shadow man said.

"Yes. . .He is. . . .Young," Adimniss stated as she lowered her arms. She walked towards Kenneth with her head held high.

"Young! And with youth comes dreams. . . . What is it that lies within your heart?" Adimniss asked and Kenneth began to feel very cold.

"Show me!" She commanded as she came close.

"Hold it lady don't push it," Kenneth shouted as he raised the remote. He became very cold, he froze.

Adimniss was very close to Kenneth. She spoke to him with her face next to his.

"I see what dreams lie within your heart, I know what you seek! Pitiful! Predictable! Fame and Glory!? Hah! You want to prove that you are better than Sam!" Adimniss said as she laid Kenneth's mind bare for everything was hers to see. Kenneth started to sweat, he felt extremely cold.

"I see! So! That is how to bring it back!" Adimniss stated as she saw the solution to unravelling Kenneth's scheme. He was still frozen he could not move but he felt frustrated how Adimniss could see what he was planning.

"You are a vain, arrogant and stupid boy!" Adimniss shouted.

"Perhaps this one will serve us well. Adimniss why not infect him with the Prox?" the softer voice commanded.

"YES FORCE HIM TO SERVE US!" the first shadow man commanded.

"Yes my masters," Adimniss replied.

"Not gonna happen!" Kenneth replied.

Adimniss stared at Kenneth and her eyes glowed green, Kenneth could not move as he started to feel even colder. Andrew watched but felt ashamed and lowered his head as there was nothing he could do. Adimniss wrapped him in her shadow vines and the green glow from her eyes transferred to and permeated through Kenneth's eyes. Kenneth tried with all his might to resist the power of Adimniss but she was growing more powerful by the minute.

"You have a strong heart child. . . . . I will break it!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30 2 7
A misfit girl and her new friends adjust to their newfound primordial powers at the School of Omringle Arts at Harbornacles while simultaneously tryi...
473 35 13
A story of an ordinary teenager who grew up taking care of his depressed mother after his father died on war plane simulation. His life will change o...
5.9K 1.3K 61
After Thamet is orphaned, he ventures out into a strange world of ancient relics where he has to discover the truth about himself and his family, whi...
4.8K 554 56
When secret organizations invade their hometown in search of an ancient artifact, a group of teenagers are finally forced to confront the superpowers...