undertow | bellamy blake (boo...

By ket718

Octavia Blake is not the only delinquent whose crime was from simply being alive. Jovie Murphy lived her enti... More

introduction
prologue
1 | expendable
2 | a bunch of idiots
3 | swim time
4 | not alone
5 | ray of sunshine
6 | more human
7 | facade
8 | mercy
9 | mob mentality
10 | never do
11 | we need you
12 | don't do anything stupid
13 | have a little hope
14 | i'm a murphy
15 | all he has
16 | losing him
17 | no different
18 | to live
19 | powerful
20 | you are the darkness
21 | another end
22 | promise me
23 | natstrecha
24 | fighting
26 | get through this
27 | family
28 | catch a break
29 | learn not to fear
30 | won't let you die
31 | for me
32 | something good
33 | if you stay
34 | pain in the ass
35 | ring of fire
graphics
book two
bellamy & jovie

25 | heart of gold

6.5K 175 54
By ket718

When Jovie eventually pulled back from the hug, she reached up to brush her hair out of her face. She suddenly became aware that she still looked how she did with her hair in tight braids and the black surrounding her eyes. At first she thought Bellamy was just going to get mad again when he realized the same, but this time he suddenly looked a lot less serious and instead had a smirk on his face.

"You do look hot as hell though, I'll give you that," he then said, taking her by surprise.

"Fuck off," she said, making him laugh. He didn't laugh like that very often but Jovie loved when he did. The smile went up to his eyes and he looked genuinely happy, like the weight of the world wasn't constantly on his shoulders. Jovie suddenly thought of something and smiled. "Hey, is there any of Monty's moonshine left?"

"Really? That's what you're thinking about? As if you couldn't have almost just been killed?" Bellamy said. Jovie brushed it off with a shrug.

"I've almost been killed a lot. It's nothing new," she said casually. "Besides, that's even more of a reason to drink." Bellamy rolled his eyes but she knew he was amused. Before he could answer her, she walked off to find Monty.

She peaked her head into his tent and smiled when she saw he was sleeping. She crept over and poked his cheek, just like he had when they were first on the dropship coming down here. His eyes fluttered open but he must not have realized it was her because he screamed and she just laughed. "Calm down, it's just me. You got any moonshine left?" He put his hand on his chest as he breathed heavily.

"I really hate you sometimes," he muttered, though they both knew he didn't mean that. He was just startled.

"Love you too," Jovie teased. "So, that moonshine?" Monty sighed before pushing himself up and reaching over to grab a small container from his bag.

"I was going to save it but you're lucky I like you," he said as he handed it to her.

"I thought you hated me," she joked as she took the container from him.

"Take it before I change my mind," he said with a smile. She smiled back and thanked him before heading back to Bellamy.

"Care to join?" She asked as she took a swig from the container. He laughed and reached out his hand to take the drink from her. As he did so, she started taking her braids out of her hair to let it down into loose waves. She wiped away the black from her eyes and sighed. It had once again been a long day and she was just ready to relax before something else would inevitably happen again.

Jovie and Bellamy sat side-by-side on a log near the fire as they silently passed the drink back and forth. Most of the delinquents were in for the night, besides a few stragglers that sat by the other fire in the camp and the ones on guard.

Bellamy found himself glancing over at Jovie. The wind was blowing her hair around as her blue eyes stared deeply into the fire. Her features were so sharp, but there was also a softness to them. She had a natural beauty to her and a presence that was impossible to ignore. He had noticed that the first time he saw her back on the Ark when she was getting arrested.

He wasn't sure if it was because of the alcohol or if she was just actually calm at the moment, but he had never seen her look so peaceful. Usually she looked so angry and intimidating, like if she thought she let her guard down they would see that she was actually just tired of fighting. But he found her to be more beautiful in this moment. It's not that he didn't think she was any other time because frankly, she was one of the most beautiful girls he had ever seen, but when she let go of her hard exterior like she was doing now, he just saw a girl that had a heart of gold.

"Stop staring at me," she suddenly said, breaking him out of his trance. She had a smile on her face and she had said it in a teasing way, but his cheeks burned regardless at the fact that she had caught him staring at her. She took a sip of the drink before handing it to him again.

"I wish I had known you on the Ark," she then said. He just listened to her, having a feeling that she wasn't finished. Jovie didn't talk about her emotions much, so he wanted to hear what she had to say, especially because it had to do with him. "Octavia told me so many stories about you when we were locked up together, so in a way I guess it kinda felt like I did already know you. But just, the way she talked about you, you could tell how much she admired you. You protected her for so many years. I wish I had someone like that when I was growing up. I mean, John did his best, but we both know how he can get caught up in himself sometimes." She rolled her eyes as she said that and he laughed. "I guess what I'm trying to say is maybe if I had someone like you, I wouldn't have felt so alone."

"Well, you have me now," he said without hesitating. She looked over at him. If when they got down to Earth someone had told her she would start falling for Bellamy Blake, she would have laughed in their face. But now as she stared at him, she realized that maybe it wasn't so crazy after all. She barely thought about it before she realized she was leaning in to kiss him. The first time it had happened she wasn't expecting it, but now she found herself being the one to do it. He kissed her back the second that her lips touched his, his hand going up to her cheek as he pulled her closer.

She didn't know how long they were like that for before she remembered that they were still in the middle of camp. There weren't many people out, but she wasn't a fan of people watching them like that. Though reluctantly, she eventually pulled back but still kept her face close to his.

"Stay with me tonight," he whispered.

"You don't have any other girls already waiting in there for you?" She replied. It probably wasn't the time to make a joke, but she couldn't help it. It was her natural response.

"I think we both know by now that I'm not interested in anyone else," he told her with a small smile. She smiled back and nodded. She was confident in what they had and trusted him probably more than anyone, but there would always be a part of her that questioned the things that went on in her life. She would always be afraid that as soon as she let something good happen, it would be taken away from her. She didn't want to be that way, but it was something inside that she couldn't help but feel. She just refused to let it get in the way of what she had with him.

When she first got into his tent she felt slightly unsure of what to do. It's not the first time that she had been in it, but the other times were for meetings or to grab Bellamy for a hunting mission. Now she was here for a different reason. At least she was feeling the effects of the alcohol to calm her nerves.

"Do you want one of my shirts to sleep in?" Bellamy asked slightly awkwardly. This was clearly new territory for him too. He hadn't particularly cared about the girls he had previously been with down here, but Jovie was different. He didn't want to overstep any boundaries and make Jovie feel uncomfortable, but it was obvious they both cared for one another.

Jovie nodded her head and smiled when he handed her one of his t-shirts. He casually turned around and moved about his tent to give her privacy as she changed. Jovie wouldn't have cared whether he looked or not, but she appreciated the gesture anyway.

Jovie had always been quite short and Bellamy was much taller than her, so his shirt fell a couple of inches above her knees. She sat on his bed and played with the end of the shirt as she watched him. She could see why all the girls wanted him. He was so tall and had defined muscles, but not too much that made him look bulky. His hair had a natural curl and freckles adorned his tanned skin.

"Stop staring at me," he joked, repeating the same words that she had said when she caught him looking at her.

"Shut up," she said with a laugh. He smiled over at her, his eyes lingering on her bare legs as she sat on his bed. She didn't fail to notice this. They locked eyes for a brief moment before Bellamy walked over to Jovie, hovering over her for a second before leaning down to kiss her. This time it was much more passionate than the times before. Jovie gripped his shirt in her hands, tugging it upward. He broke off to finish taking it off before kissing her again, leaning her back so she was laying on his bed and he was holding himself up to hover over her. Jovie let her hands wander across his back as he let his hand grip her thigh. It continued like that for a while with hands wandering and lips pressed against each other's before Bellamy suddenly pulled back, slightly out of breath.

"We've been drinking," he said. "I think we should stop before I can't." She was slightly disappointed but he was right. She didn't want anything to be clouded by alcohol. She nodded her head, leaning up to kiss him once more before he stood up. He ran his hand through his hair, moving around the other side of the bed as she scooted to the top to slide under the covers.

It felt weird sleeping in a bed that wasn't hers, but knowing it was his made it okay. He climbed in next to her and didn't hesitate to pull her close to him, wrapping an arm around her. She rested her head on his bare chest and listened to his heartbeat. This was the most calm she had been the entire time being on Earth and all she wished was that they could stay like that forever, but she knew that nothing would ever be that easy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

174K 3.5K 17
"My brother is going to be mad at us for this." "Do I look like I fucking care, sweetheart?" Cover made by the wonderful @magnottic Hangman x OC ...
16K 274 27
Soulmates?? Finding your Soulmate is rare and you have to touch to have the bond to take hold. What happens when your Soulmate is the leader of the b...
808K 31.9K 43
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
309K 6.7K 33
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.