THE DEAL | ✔️

By carita_dcosta

Daxton Langford is a perfectionist. He's the typical guy that every woman dreams of. He's got the looks. He's... More

EPIGRAPH
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
EPILOGUE
AUTHOR'S NOTE

CHAPTER 3

2.8K 91 2
By carita_dcosta

Jade's POV

After a fifteen minute drive from home, we arrived at Le Méridien.

Dad handed the car keys to the valet as we walked towards the entrance of the restaurant.

We walked in and were greeted by two beautiful women who smiled and welcomed us, "Welcome to Le Méridien".

We smiled as we walked towards the receptionist who was a really attractive guy.

"Hi, were the Okoyes and we're here to dine with the Langfords", dad said to him and he smiled before looking at his desktop.

"Follow me, Mr Okoye", he said to my dad as he lead us into the restaurant.

We were soon inside the restaurant whose beauty was absolutely mesmerising.

I've been to hotels like this earlier because my family was of business class, but this was absolutely beautiful.

The interiors were delicately carved as it spread beyond the large area. The chandeliers above each table enhanced the beauty and the light music playing in the background made it seem perfect.

The receptionist lead us to a table at the farther end and greeted us before going back to his duty, after leading us to the Langfords.

On the large table were the Langfords who looked more like perfectionists rather than humans.

Mr Jake Langford stood up and hugged my father lightly and dad introduced us to him. He in return introduced his perfect looking wife; Mrs Olivia Langford, who shook hands with us.

Mr Langford turned towards his children as introduced us to them. He introduced his elder son as Daxton and younger one as Alex.

I extended my hand towards the boys and they shook it with bright smiles on their faces.

Mr Langford motioned for us to sit down and we did.

Since we were seated on a round table, the parents somehow managed to sit next to each other.

My mom sat towards my right side as Alex sat towards my left and Daxton towards his left.

Alex looked like the total bad boy. He was lean and tall. He had blond hair like his mother and brown eyes just like his dad. He had tattoos that covered his neck and I'm pretty sure that he had plenty more tattoos which were hidden below his jacket.

Daxton, on the other hand was angelic. He was really tall and had a broad chest. He had beautiful blue eyes that contrasted with his dark hair. His beard was trimmed to perfect across the edges of his perfect jawline.

I was dragged out of my thoughts when someone cleared their throat.

I blinked my eyes and saw Alex smirking at me.

My cheeks turned red and I lowered my head for a second before looking back at him.

I glanced at our parents who were discussing about politics.

"I really like your name. It's as beautiful as you", Alex said and I raised my eyebrows.

"That's the best pick up line you've got?", I asked and Daxton chuckled.

I looked at him and his smile grew wider.

Damn, he's literally the most perfect person I've ever seen.

Here I was thinking that Jason from my school was the most perfect being, well, that's until I saw Daxton tonight.

"Uh, no. I've got plenty more pick up lines, but I'll save them for later", Alex said as he passed me a wink.

My eyes widened at this.

"Stop flirting", Daxton smacked Alex's shoulder and I lightly laughed.

A steward arrived with a bottle of champagne and poured us a flute each, before asking us if we were ready to order for our main course.

Another steward came back a few seconds later as we placed our orders, who bowed before returning back.

"Hmm, so tell me something about you", Alex said as he leaned towards me with his champagne flute in his hand.

"Uh, what do you wanna know?", I asked, moving my chair slightly away from him.

"Are you studying? Are you working? Do you have a boyfriend? Are you-", he was interrupted by Daxton.

"Can you shut up and not scare her already?", he growled at Alex who just shrugged his shoulders.

"I just wanna get to know her", he said turning back to me.

I raised my eyebrows and heard Daxton laugh.

We looked at each other and stared intently into each other's eyes, well, until Alex cleared his throat.

"Y'all can't just ignore me while I sit in between the two of you", he rolled his eyes at us and we chuckled.

"Looks like the kids are getting along pretty well", Mrs Langford spoke and I smiled at her.

Alex, Daxton and I talked some more.

I learned that Alex is a year older than me. He graduated last year and was on a break currently as he didn't want to take things too serious with his career because he doesn't like studying.

Of course, he was the son of a billionaire.

Daxton was four years older than I. He was currently working with his dad for their firm after his graduation.

I also learned that the Langfords were British. They lived in Britain for a very short period of time before moving to France. Alex was born in France. They moved to America ten years ago and have been living here since then.

Alex was the one who mostly kept talking while Daxton just smiled at me whenever I glanced at him.

"So yeah, I'm basically French as I kiss well", Alex said and I chuckled.

"Oh yes, he's the adopted one", Daxton laughed as Alex scowled.

The banter between the two brothers continued as the food arrived.

We dinned making small talk and sipping on our now nearly empty champagne flutes.

Once dinner was complete, dad and Mr Langford talked in hushed whispers as their wives eavesdropped.

Alex kept on blabbering and flaunting about himself and Daxton just rolled his eyes.

Soon, it was time for us to leave.

Our parents rose from their seats and we followed them out of thr restaurant as the same girls from earlier at the entrance bid us adeu.

"It was lovely meeting with your family, Solomon. I'll think over the deal and ring you up soon enough", Mr Langford said and he pulled my dad into a friendly hug.

"Well, I guess this is where we say goodbye, mi amour", Alex said as he inched forward.

I was caught off guard as he pulled me into his embrace. His arms snaked around my waist and I pulled away before they can get any farther.

I glanced at Daxton and found him glaring at us.

He walked towards me and pulled me into his chest, wrapping his arms tightly around my waist.

His hug was gentle, yet firm and I wrapped my arms around him.

We pulled away from the hug and he grinned at me.

"Good night, Jade. I hope we meet again", he said as he flashed me a smile which made my heart melt.

"Good night, Daxton. I hope for the same", I said and his smile grew wider.

A couple of good nights were exchanged between the Langfords and us before the driver got our car out of the parking.

Daxton waved at me before getting into their car and Alex just winked.

I waved at the two as we drove off in different directions.

_

A/N:

So here are our main characters! I promise the story will pick up from now on.

Sorry for the delay in updating this chapter.

See you in the next one.

Lots Of Love
-Carita D'Costa❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

902K 28.8K 31
Billionaire's series~ 2 Monica Ambrosia left New York four years ago with a broken heart and a pregnancy test confirming the worst. Or maybe it wa...
226M 6.9M 92
When billionaire bad boy Eros meets shy, nerdy Jade, he doesn't recognize her from his past. Will they be able to look past their secrets and fall in...
1.5M 37.7K 31
Jade thought she had seen the last of her ex-husband, billionaire Nick Smith after he cheated and huimilated her. What happens when the cross paths...
5.1M 157K 67
⚠️ Published version Available in Paperback & E-Book through Amazon! This WattPad version is a well-loved rough draft, enjoy it! But be warned it's t...