My Brothers

By gracegxlee

Evanna, who just woke up from her suicide attempt caused by the continuous abuse and bullying she went throug... More

Here We Go Again!
Chapter 1: It's Hard To Trust Others
Chapter 2: The Truth Becomes Revealed
Chapter 3: Awkward Family Breakfast
Chapter 4: Welcome Back To Hell
Chapter 5: Jayden And Cathryn
Chapter 6: A Stupid Family Reunion
Chapter 7: I Actually Did It
Chapter 8: Valentine's Day
Chapter 9: I'm Okay
Chapter 10: My Old Friend's Back
Chapter 11: My Mom
Chapter 12: Binge Eating Episode
Chapter 13: School Test Results
Chapter 14: Crime
Chapter 15: Getting Lost
Chapter 16: Party and Sneaking Out
Chapter 17: Sibling Arguments
Chapter 18: Broken, Broken, and Even More Broken
Chapter 19: The Chaotic Mess In My Life
Chapter 20: After School Accidents
Chapter 21: Swimming? For the Third Time...
Chapter 22: My Stupid Therapy Session
Chapter 23: April Fools Day
Chapter 24: Last Day Of School
Chapter 26: First Day In School
Chapter 27: My First Friend
Chapter 28: Mia's Story
Chapter 29: Mia's Family, Alex's Date
Chapter 30: Another Friend, But It's A Guy
Chapter 31: Why Do I Have That Drawing?
Chapter 32: Lies And Trouble
Chapter 33: Getting Caught
Chapter 34: Taking Our First Test
Chapter 35: Misunderstandings
Chapter 36: The Whole Squad Back Together. And Split Up Again
Chapter 37: Graduation
Chapter 38: Separated
Chapter 39: Andrew's Gone
Chapter 40: The Truth Part 1
Chapter 41: The Truth Part 2
Chapter 42: Daniel's Birthday
Chapter 43: Times Square Part 1
Chapter 44: Times Square Part 2
Chapter 45: NYC Accidents
Chapter 46: Fighting With Andrew
Chapter 47: Family Argument
Chapter 48: Brandon Throws A Party
Chapter 49: Trust Broken Twice Along With A Broken Heart
Chapter 50: Something's Wrong
Chapter 51: The Bridge
Chapter 52: Two Decisions
Chapter 53: The Big Fight
Chapter 54: Playing In Rain
Chapter 55: Are They A Stalker?
Chapter 56: Going Back To The Accident
Chapter 57: Homecoming Proposal
Chapter 58: Drama With Andrew
Chapter 59: Family Struggles
Chapter 60: Homecoming Night
Chapter 61: Mia's Goodbye
please read :)
Chapter 62: Finally Back.
Chapter 63: Jayden's Girlfriend
Chapter 64: Alex's Wallet
Chapter 65: Three Against Six
Chapter 66: Bottling It Up

Chapter 25: Hair Surpise

34.6K 1.1K 2.7K
By gracegxlee

E T H A N

Don't ever, come into my fucking face, to tell me someone poured paint on my baby sister because god dammit I'll murder whoever hurt her.

I sat down on the chair in front of the big table. Evanna hesitantly sat down next to me, trembling slightly.

"What seems to be the problem?" The stupid principal asked.

"What seems to be the problem?" I asked back in disbelief. "Are you blind or just plain stupid?"

"Excuse me, you should learn what respect is. You can't barge into the school demanding to see me—"

"Oh, but I did," I said. "And tell me, why, why in the fucking world is my sister covered in paint right now?"

"We don't know who did it—"

"Yes you do," I cut her off. "Teachers do. But they don't do anything. I'm not stupid. Get the teacher, and get the fucking students who did this to my sister."

The principal turned red from anger. "You really should watch that mouth, young man."

I opened my mouth to say something but I felt Evanna kicking my leg gently. I looked at her and calmed down a bit.

"Those kids are bullying my sister, and no one's doing anything. So get the kids, and punish them, because they deserve it," I said.

She sighed. "Look, there weren't witnesses—"

"You didn't even hear my sister explain. Let her talk. Listen to her," I cut her off. I nudged Evanna. "Who was it?"

"Cathryn and Claire," Evanna said. "They did this to me."

No one moved.

"Well go get them!" I almost yelled, balling my hands into fists. You've got to be kidding me.

The principal nodded towards the security guard who left the office. A few minutes later, two girls came in, looking around nervously.

When their eyes landed on Evanna, I could see the hatred in their eyes. Oh, how I would've loved to punch their faces right now.

"Apologize," I demanded. "Say sorry to my sister."

They glared at me.

Oh man, this was going to get me into a lot of trouble.

I glared at them right back, shooting my best death glare. And it worked.

"Sorry," One of the girls hissed. "I'm sorry. There."

The other one also said, "Fine. I'm sorry."

"This is fucking bullying," I told the principal. "Aren't you going to do anything about it? I am not going to stand watching my fucking sister come home everyday crying because these shitty kids bullied her!"

"We can't do anything," the principal said casually. "We don't have proof, we don't know that they did it. Sorry—"

"Uh, excuse me?" The security guard came in. "There's someone here who would like to see you."

"Tell then later," the principal snapped. "Can't you see I'm busy right now?"

"It's... kind of important..."

The principal shot up. "What is? What is so important—"

She froze instantly when a woman walked in, two men behind her. They were all wearing some kind of suits, and one of the men were holding a brief case.

The woman smiled, walking in. "I heard there's a problem here."

The principal looked flustered as she straightened her blazer and stood straight. "M-Mrs. Smith—"

"Halls, actually." She smiled. "Mrs. Halls."

The principal looked around and gestures to a seat. "S-sit down, please. B-but may I ask... why are you here?"

She sat down across from me, looking at the principal. "There's been some issues going on about my daughter."

"Y-your daughter?" The principal stammered. She looked around until her eyes landed on Evanna. "O-oh—"

"As the Head of the School Board, I can't stand hearing students getting bullied, especially my daughter," my mom said. "And as you can see, right now... she's covered in paint. I ask that you will deliver proper punishment to the kids."

"But, Mrs. H-Halls, we don't know if they did it or not. And it's just kids, they're doing what kids always do—"

My head snapped towards the girls. "Did you two do this?"

I felt satisfied watching them cower under my glare. One of the girls nodded timidly. "Y-yeah?"

My mother smiled again. "There's your proof. And if you need more, I was sent a video of them doing it to my daughter. And I'm asking again, proper punishment is required."

The principal fixed her glasses. "I guess... we could give them detention—"

"Rule 74 of the school rule," One of the men started. "Bullying requires punishment such as suspension, expulsion, community service, etc. when a lot more serious."

"If you can't deliver any of these to the kids, I'm sure we have another way," My Mom said.

The other man checked his watch. "One of the state laws states that unfair judgement, lies, and deceiving without proper punishment, along with harassment and bullying can be used to charge someone. And here, we have a case that's been going on for a long time."

"W-what do you mean?" The principal asked.

"We can file a lawsuit and sue you," the man smiled.

The principal almost choked. "Okay, okay. Cathryn and Claire, you two will be..."

"Expelled," My Mom offered.

"E-expelled?" A girl exclaimed.

"N-no!" The other one defended. "Please! I'm sorry. I won't do it—"

"Expulsion," the principal declared shakily. "We'll call your parents. Go wait outside, please."

The girls looked like they were about to cry, and I was enjoying every second of it.

My mom and the two men stood up. She smiled. "Well, since it's been settled, I hope I won't hear about any other issues like this. Have a nice day."

And they walked out.

I smiled too, getting up from my seat. Evanna got up with me and the principal stared at us.

"You know," I said. "Be glad it was my mom who settled this, not me. Or else we would've had to call an ambulance."

And we walked out too.

As we were about to leave, we saw the two girls near the entrance. One was sobbing hysterically while the other looked like she was about to start crying too.

We walked past them and as we were, Evanna smiled at them.

"Karma's a bitch," she said, and walked right out of the school.

I held in my smile as I walked out too, shoving Evanna slightly. "I'll let that slide, but next time, don't curse."

Evanna smiled widely, laughing with happiness that warmed my heart. When she was happy, she was really beautiful. I was so lucky to have her as my sister.

"Now I just want this paint off of me," she groaned. "Let's go home."

On the way to my car, we saw Mom waiting for us.

"Wow, showing up to her school?" I asked, smiling. "That's a first."

"Gotta do what I have to do for my daughter," She said. "The kids deserved it."

"Thanks," Evanna told her. "And thanks, Ethan."

I smiled. "Come on. Let's go. Don't worry about the paint, I'll wash the seat later. Just sit for now."

I unlocked my car and she got in. I got in too and started the car. I was about to drive when I got a phone call.

From my brother's school.

I answered. "Hello?"

"Hey, Ethan. What's up?" Mr. Kanel, the high school principal asked.

"Hey, Mr. Kanel. Is there something wrong?"

"Your brothers have struck again."

I groaned, sighing. "What did they do?"

He cleared his throat. "Well, they did the classic 'Let's put my face everywhere in the hallway' prank, they filled classrooms with cups filled with water, they wrapped my room in foil, they covered classrooms in sticky notes, they silly-stringed almost all of the teachers, they hid all the chairs—"

"I see," I said. "And... are they getting suspended?"

"You know it."

I groaned again. "K, Mr. Kanel. Sorry bout them."

"No, no," he laughed. "It was actually pretty hilarious, but suspension is a requirement so I can't do anything about that. But other than that, I'm just glad you weren't involved. Your senior pranks were hysterical, but really, really chaotic."

"It was my last year," I said. "Gotta leave me in everyone's memories. Anyways, I'll come pick them up now."

"Okay, Ethan," he chuckled. "I'll see you soon."

"Bye."

Evanna poked my arm. "You seem close with the principal."

"How could I not?" I smiled. "I've been there for 4 years, and I was pretty popular."

"Can your ego get any higher?"

"I'm not the one covered in paint."

"Ethan!" She exclaimed, frowning. She slumped back in her seat. "Whatever."

I laughed, starting the car again. "Love you, princess."

"Love you too... I guess..."

I drove to my old high school and got out of the car. "Stay here, I'll get them and be right back."

I went inside and sighed. I haven't been here in a long time... oh who am I kidding? I was here three days ago because Daniel almost got suspended for playing Old Town Road on the speaker and creating a mess. The whole school was having a party in the middle of second period.

The front lady, Mrs. Hugh smiled at me. "Welcome back, Ethan. You're late."

I smiled back. "Do you know where my brothers are?"

"Oh, inside the office. Good luck!"

"Thanks, Mrs. Hugh."

I walked inside the office and rolled my eyes as soon as I saw all four of my brothers sitting on the couch.

"You idiots got suspended?" I shook my head. "Seriously?"

"It's Nothing new," Daniel smiled. "We get suspended every April 1st."

"I didn't pull any pranks," Brandon said. "I don't know why I'm here."

"You skipped class," Mr. Kanel said. "And you brought the whole class with you."

Brandon scoffed. "They followed me."

"I'm sure they did," Mr. Kanel chuckled. "All of you are suspended for... a day. Not much. Enjoy your time off doing work."

"Oh, how much we love you," Andrew smiled.

"That's gay," Alex whispered.

"What's with all these trends these days?" Mr. Kanel shook his head. "I hear that every second of my day now. That's enough. Go. I'll see you Wednesday."

I laughed. "Thanks, Mr. Kanel. Bye."

As we walked out, I shot glares at every one of them. "You dumbasses are all grounded."

"For what? It was funny," Andrew smiled. "Let's go home, though. I wanna sleep."

"Evanna's in the car. Don't be too shocked," I said.

"What? Why? Did something happen?"

As soon as we got a few feet sighing the car they all became silent. I saw Evanna sigh and lean back in her chair as if this was the most embarrassing thing that could've ever happened to her.

"Isn't your hair normally brown?" Brandon teased, getting in the back.

Evanna glared at him. "Shut up."

Brandon smiled. "You look cute."

"Shut up!" Evanna whined. "Ethan! Make him be quiet!"

I grinned, throwing a plastic cup that was in the car at Brandon. "Be quiet. At least we're all together."

I started driving home, hoping this time, there won't be anymore mess being created.

But of course, that is impossible.

It's April Fools Day.

————

E V A N N A

I was happy when we got home. "Oh my gosh, a shower sounds so nice right now."

"Wait," Andrew called out. "What happened anyways?"

"These girls poured paint on her," Ethan said. "Took care of it."

"Who did what?" I heard Jayden exclaim from behind me.

I turned around. "Jayden—"

"Cathryn and Claire... poured paint on you?" Jayden said through clenched teeth. "Are you kidding me?"

"It's okay, they got expelled—"

"I'm going to beat them up, I swear," Jayden growled. "Can I? Can I go and teach them a lesson? Please? I don't want to see you like this."

"I promised that I wouldn't hurt other people anymore. But seeing you like this makes me want to break that promise just once," Jayden added.

He was right. Ever since we started becoming close again, he promised me he wouldn't go his old ways and hurt others like he used to.

"No," I said. "Hurting them won't do anything. Fighting violence with violence isn't fair—"

"Look," Jayden said. "You do realize there's more than a hundred people right now who wants to murder them? They're reading this right now. They would absolutely love it if I punched them."

"But there's always that one person who agrees with me," I joked. "Who says hurting really won't help and being a bully back to them is rude."

"But you want to see them getting beaten up, don't you?" He asked.

I smiled. "Of course I do, but I don't—"

"Then let me do something," he said. "I'll punch them. Once. Only once. Or I'll cut their hair. Or I'll break their arms. Which ever one you want. Or I'll—"

"Calm down," I told him. "You really don't have to do anything."

"But so many people want to see me get revenge on them!" He complained. "Come on. Just once. Let me punch them."

I thought for a moment and smiled. "I didn't say anything. Do whatever you wish."

He laughed. "Okay, okay. I won't hurt them badly."

"I'm gonna pretend like I didn't hear that," I said, walking up the stairs. "I'm gonna shower. Bye."

"Oh, I'm gonna shower too," he said, running up to his room.

I went to my room and grabbed new clothes to change into. I brushed my hair and went inside the bathroom.

My mirror was broken so my mom told me she was going to get a new one. So the mirror was taken down right now so I couldn't see my reflection. I turned on the shower and stepped in after taking off my clothes.

Oh, how amazing it felt to let the water run down on me. The paint started coming off and I was so happy. Stupid paint...

I grabbed the shampoo and conditioner— a 2 in 1 because I didn't have anything else— and started putting it in my hair, running my hair through my fingers.

Some of it got in my eye and it started burning slightly. I washed it quickly and kept my eye shut so it won't happen again.

I washed my body too with my wonderful vanilla scented body wash, and after maybe 5 more minutes, I came out. I wrapped my hair in a big towel as soon as I came out, closing my eyes because for some reason, it still hurt.

I wrapped another big towel around my body and sighed happily. Finally I feel better...

After drying off, I put on some lotion, changed— you know, the usual. I was wearing Jayden's T-shirt that I may or may not have stolen. I also had shorts but since the shirt was too big, it covered them. My favorite set of clothes were literally oversized stuff with shorts.

I undid the towel wrap and let my hair fall out. I went outside to my room and went over to my mirror. I looked at my reflection and dropped the towels.

I stared at my reflection in shock.

You've got to be kidding me.

"Are you kidding me?" I screeched, storming downstairs to where my brothers were. They were on the couch, laughing and high fiving each other.

"This isn't funny!" I screamed, anger and disbelief taking over me. "Seriously guys?"

"You look adorable!" Andrew laughed.

"How am I supposed to go to school tomorrow?" I screamed again. "First impressions of me will be... this!"

Brandon smiled. "You don't look that bad."

I gestured to my hair frantically. "I have pink hair!"

"It's pastel pink, actually, so it'll fade," Alex smiled. "You still look gorgeous, though."

I groaned, gripping my pink hair in frustration. "How am I going to go to school like this?"

"Don't worry, it's temporary," Daniel chuckled. "It was actually perfect, how you were talking to Jayden so we can put the dye in your shampoo."

"You guys are so mean," I complained, grabbing my hair. "Look at this! It's pink!"

"Here," Daniel said, grabbing a small package from the couch. "Temporary hair dye."

He read the back and his smile faded. He looked up and bit his lip. "I swear. I swear, it said temporary."

My eyes widened. I rushed over to him and grabbed the package and read it.

Permanent Hair Dye: Pink

I closed my eyes for a moment, taking in all the information.

My hair is permanently pink.

Okay.

"Shit," Andrew cursed under his breath. "Oops."

"Are you kidding me?" I screeched, throwing the package onto the floor. "Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. You're joking. No way."

"I hate you guys!" I heard Jayden shout from upstairs. "I seriously. Hate. You. Guys!"

"Double shit," Alex cursed.

Before I knew it, Jayden came downstairs with pink hair too.

"Pink hair? Seriously? Tell me it's temporary," Jayden said, glaring at them. "I swear to god, if it's permanent—"

"It's permanent," I said.

Jayden clenched his jaw, shutting his eyes closed for a moment. "Everyone besides Evvy here is an asshole. I hate you guys!"

"We thought it said temporary," Ethan said, hiding his smile. "We really did."

"April fools..." Daniel nervously laughed.

I went up to Jayden and cocked my head to one side. I ran my fingers through his soaked hair. "Hey, it doesn't look that bad. You look pretty cute."

"You look cute too, actually," Jayden laughed. "Pink hair suits you."

"It suits you too," I said, shocked. "Oh wow. It actually looks really good on you."

"Oh, look," Andrew said nervously. "See? It backfired. You guys like it. Oh well. I guess that's thanks to us..."

"I'm mad at you guys though" I said. "And we're going to get revenge."

Jayden grinned, slinging his arm around me. "We'll Get you back. And don't be so shocked if you wake up with green hair tomorrow."

And with that, we both went upstairs, ignoring my brothers unnecessary comments. I smiled as I walked up with Jayden.

"You look adorable," I said.

"You look even more adorable."

"We have matching hair styles now."

"It's pretty cute, actually."

"Pastel pink?"

"Yeah."

He sighed, leaning against the wall. "We have to get them back."

I nodded.

Jayden stared at me for a moment, stopping. "Is that my shirt?"

I looked around, laughing awkwardly. "Is it?"

He laughed too, poking my shoulder. "When'd you take it?"

I shrugged. "I don't know..."

He grinned. "I really love you. I couldn't have asked for a better best friend and a better twin sister."

"I love you too." I smiled. "But how we have to talk about how we're going to get revenge."

Jayden nodded in agreement. "Wouldn't it look nice... if our whole family had dyed hair?"

A smile formed on my lips as both of us seemed to understand and read each other's mind.

This was going to be fun.

***

Hey guys! It's the double updateee~~

I haven't done these in a long time, haha. You guys all deserve it! (I said this last chapter but I'll say it again.)

I hope you guys enjoyed the two chapters! Next chapter will be about Jayden and Evanna's prank and more pranks too.

I know April 1st passed so it's kind of weird, but oh well. 

Q: What pranks should they pull on each other?

Next chapter: Friday~Saturday

<3
Vote
Comment
Share
:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 147 40
This story is about depression disorders, anxiety disorders, eating disorders, personality disorders, other mental illnesses, self harm, suicide, bul...
Abigail By Hannah

Teen Fiction

57.5K 1.7K 30
(In editing) She's depressed. She's anorexic. She's suicidal. She's insecure. Abigail has grown up with her three brothers and James, never meeting h...
1.5K 11 69
"Have you ever been hurt so bad that it stops hurting at all? And something makes you feel again then it all comes back, every word, every hurt, ever...
235 80 23
Growing up in a toxic environment, sixteen-year-old Jay Foster has always had psychological problems, coupled with a quick temper. But one night some...