Infiltration

By ellabella201

After remembering her missing summer Ela finally understands why the Circle has been hunting her down. She an... More

The List Keeps Shrinking
Rescue Attempt
Coming Home
Prisons, Shootings, and Mental Breakdowns
An Assassination, Then An Invasion, Now Both?
Escaping the Career Fair
The Untold Story Of Alex and Ela
Prison Break
Long Live The King
The Truth Hurts, Doesn't It?
I'm Trying To Fix It
And Everything Went Black
Until We Meet Again
Code Black
Go Be Happy
It's You
ReWrite

Back Home Blues

829 56 14
By ellabella201

I walked back into the safe confines of Gallagher Academy exhausted. It was 3 a.m. Sunday morning and I couldn’t wait to sink into y bed and go to sleep. Jade and I drug our bags quietly against the tile floor. Neither one of us talked. I knew that Jade was sad after leaving Mason. She didn’t get the chance to tell him what she wanted to tell him because of everything. I know that someday she will. I understand what she’s going through. I shook my head slightly and continued to move toward our room. Finally we reached it and I opened up the door.

“Home sweet home.” Jade whispered walking in ahead of me. Its weird how I consider Gallagher Academy more of my home now than my actual house. I guess with everything that’s happened to me over these past couple years I know this is the one place on the whole planet where I know I belong. The one place where I know I will be safe. The one place that actually feels like home anymore. I rubbed the doorpost a bit before walking into the room. Our roommates were sleeping peacefully in their beds. I knew that they knew we were here. I guess they knew we’d be there in the morning and there was no point in waking up now to talk to us. I’m glad. I’m way to exhausted to talk about anything to anyone right now. I stripped off my clothes and changed into a large t-shirt. I looked over at Jade who was doing the same thing. She threw me a small smile. “We did everything we could.” She whispered to me.

“I know, I just wish I didn’t feel like I didn’t do enough.” I said biting my lip.

“Just the life of a spy.” She replied shrugging. She walked up to me and gave am e tight hug. “Get some sleep. You deserve it.” She said before walking over to her bed. I followed her lead. As soon as my head hit the pillow I was out of it.

The next morning I woke up late. My friends weren’t in the room. I’m guessing they went to breakfast or something. I rolled out of be and took a long shower. After drying off I looked at myself in the mirror. Even though it’s been months since I’ve been back I still don’t recognize the person who looks back at me in the mirror. A person with such beauty, but with so much hurt in her eyes. I think back to the person I was when I first came here. What I looked like. How I acted. Everything. I look at that person. So innocent. So young. So untouched by this world. I look at that person and I envy her. I’m jealous of the person I used to be. I miss the time in my life where everything was so screwed up. I miss the time in my life where I didn’t spend every second looking over my shoulder. I miss the time in my life where I had my dad with me. Or when I didn’t have boy problems. Or when I was being hunted down. Or when I was wondering if I’m going to make it through my senior year. I miss the girl I used to be. I’m jealous of her. And I probably will always be jealous of her. I wiped away the stray tears that fell down my face and got changed. Shorts and a t-shirt. Simple. I walked out of my room and down the hall.

“Ela!” Tyler shouted after me. I didn’t expect to see him so soon. I don’t know if I wanted to see him so soon. I still felt extremely guilty after spending my New Year’s eve and day with Alex. Choosing between the two of them has been and probably will be the hardest decision I will ever make. I turned around and saw him smiling at me. I couldn’t help but smile back at him.

“Hey!” I said waiting for his arms to wrap around me.

“Hey!” He replied pecking my lips. “I missed you.” He added with a pout.

“I missed you too.” I said rubbing his cheek with my thumb.

“Let’s go for a walk.” He said taking my hand into his.

“Ok.” I whispered. He led me outside.

“So, babe, tell me about it. What happened?” He asked looking down at me.

“Well we got there, he told us that we “didn’t understand” and that they were trying to “better the world.” Then they shot him and smoked us out of the room.” I said slightly angry.

“Wow. That sucks. They just shot him?” Tyler asked shocked.

“Yup.” I said shaking my head.

“Did he give you any clue as to what their planning?” He asked looking at me.           “Nope. Nothing. Just that I didn’t understand and they were trying to make the world better. I don’t understand what they mean by make the world “better”. It’s all just so frustrating.” I said shaking my head.

“It’s ok. We’ll work everything out. This is one step closer to figuring this all out.” He said rubbing my shoulders.

“Yea. You’re right.” I said looking up at him. “We should probably be heading back.” I said nodding back to the school.

“Yea. We should.” He said nodding. As we were walking back to the school he squeezed my hand looking at me. I looked up at him. “Did you see Alex while you were gone?” He asked nonchalantly.

“Nope.” I said shaking my head. I felt bad lying to him. Really bad.

“You don’t have to keep it from me Ela. I know what I’m up against.” He said smiling.

“Ok, yea. I saw him. He surprised me at a club New Year’s eve.” I said slowly.

“Ok.” He replied simply. We walked back to my room in silence. His hand in mine. For some reason I felt wrong in some way. Like I was cheating on him. I’m starting to feel like that a lot more these day. A whole lot more. I looked up at him as I went to open my room door. “Ela.” He stopped me.

“Yea?” I asked looking up at him.

“I’m going away for a while.” He said biting his lip.

“What? Why?” I asked confused and shocked.

“Yea, um, it’s important. I’ll be back… soon.” He said slowly.

“You hesitated at soon. Tyler. Why did you hesitate at soon?” I asked getting worried.

“Shh, baby. Don’t worry. I’m going to be fine. I’m always going to be fine.” He said smoothing down my hair.

“But…” I started, but cut him off.

“I’ve gone on many missions, and I’ve always come back to you haven’t I?” He asked looking me in the eyes.

“Yea.” I said nodding.

“So I’ll come back again.” He said nodding.

“Ok.” I said nodding.

“Try not to fall in love with anyone else while I’m gone.” He said with a wink.

“I’ll try, but can’t make any promises.” I replied teasingly. He laughed before grabbing my face.

“I love you Snow.” He said before kissing me. I kissed him back for a little before looking back at him.

“I love you too Charming.” I replied before going into my room. I closed the door and looked at my friends sitting in a circle on the ground.

“Nice of you to join us.” Jade said looking up at me.

“What are we doing? Summoning the dead? Casting some spells?” I asked with a smirk.

“Business as usual.” Jade said simply. I sat next to her.

“No, seriously. What’s going on here?” I asked getting into a comfy position.

“I was just about done telling them what happened at Cambridge. Jess was about to talk about something.” Jade said nodding at her.

“Jess?” I asked looking over at her.

“Reed isn’t safe. We need to get him out of there.” Jess said looking around the circle.

“Jess, he has body guards around him at all times. He’s fine.” Dee said looking at her.

“His dad is more than likely a part of the inner circle. He may very well have been the reason Ela got taken during the summer. You’re really going to let him live in a house with that man?” Jess asked with slight disgust in her voice.

“That man is the President of the United States.  If he really is corrupted then there is no way we’re just going to walk in that house and tell his guards ‘hey, we’re just going to take Reed now. We believe his dad is corrupt and yea. So if you can just pack him a little bag and we’ll be on our way. Thanks.’ That’s not how it works Jess. He’s probably already heard about the other inner circle members. He probably knows people are going to be after Reed now. Hell, he probably knows that we want to rescue him. He probably already knows all of that. So the security level surrounding reed right now is going to be ridiculous. We’d be luck to get within 100 feet of the boy. If we are going to rescue him it’s going to have to take some time. Some surveillance. We can’t just go in there blind anyways. We have to know what we’re working against. So chill out Jess. We understand that you have a personal attachment with Reed. Hell, if it was Tyler or Alex I would be all over that. But you have friends who care about you. And we’re not sending you into a mission where we know very well that you probably won’t succeed in and could get seriously injured or killed. Give it some time Jess. We’re going to get him out, just give us some time.” I said finally getting out of breath.

“Ok.” She whispered before looking down.

“We should be getting ready for the Welcome Back dinner.” Bri said quietly before getting up.  We followed her lead. The room was practically dead silent. It was an eerie, stress filled silence. When did all of our lives get so fucked up?

So yea. Here you guys go. I just wanted to get your guys' opinion on something. I really need your input on who Ela should end up with. I can't decided which one I like better so I need you're guys's help. Should Ela end up with Alex or Tyler and why? Thanks. And no requirements since I took forever to post this. Love ya'll. byeeeeeeee

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.9K 1.2K 25
"Alina, please believe me that i haven't been messing with anyone. What do i have to do for you to understand how much i want to be with you?" Madiso...
4.9K 482 14
•GirlxGirl• Scout O'Brian hasn't had the greatest start at life. Growing up in countless foster homes, hasn't been her ideal childhood. One of the w...
589 17 29
A girl disguised as a senior high school student by the help of the secret organization's leader who took her- a start of an independent fearless jou...
605K 13K 38
She hated them. They loved her with everything in them. The universe truly has a sick way of telling you it's there, doesn't it? From being kidnapp...