Unfortunate Events

By MissDKennedy

Jack and Jackie are in Dallas for an unofficial start to Jack's re-election campaign. However a series of unb... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Author's Note

Chapter Twenty

511 9 0
By MissDKennedy

24th November 1963

The Vermeil Room

Bobby poked his head in the door before entering. He closed the door. It was nightime, the kids were asleep. He had told them he was heading home but he knew he had to do these two tasks before he would have to leave the White House for good, after the funeral the next day. People were still piling in upstairs but when he was done downstairs, he could have time upstairs. 

He walked into the empty Vermeil Room, up to the back wall. His late sister in law's portrait hung there. In her golden rode, and her radiant smile, the portrait was unique in many ways. But it showed Jackie. The woman who was devoted to her duty and was a loving mother to her children and a darling wife to her husband. 

Bobby looked at the portrait. He sobbed. "Jackie, I know you're up there. Looking down on the children. I promise, you and Jack, who are away from all this grief down here, will be proud of them" Bobby sobbed. He leaned forward and touched the portrait. On the canvas he could feel the bumps of the paint and the outline. 

"I'll be speaking to Jack soon. But just now, I want to speak to you" Bobby backed away from the picture. A chair sat nearby. He pulled it over and sat down. He spoke to the picture like Jackie stood before him. "I promise you. You and Jack will forever be proud of your children. I know it sounds stupid that I saw your ghosts last night but I'll do what you want. I'll make sure they never forget you". 

Bobby then rose from the seat, returned it to it's place. He went forward and kissed the canvas. "Goodbye Jackie. For now". 

He then turned off the light, and left the room. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.9M 916K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
Fauquier County By Dayna

Historical Fiction

10.5K 231 27
Jack and Jackie occupy many residences but what happens when Jack presents Jackie with a new one, in Virginia's Fauquier County?
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
10.3M 772K 88
Marriage had always been my dream but not to a man about whom I know nothing. The moment my father fixed an alliance of me to a Prince without even t...