Thunder Roars || LOK Mako x OC

By lqvely_luna

Lei, granddaughter of the late Azula, has been trained as a firebender since she was a little girl and was ta... More

The Thunder Roars: Intro
Book 1 ~ Chapter 1
Book 1 ~ Chapter 2
Book 1 ~ Chapter 3
Book 1 ~ Chapter 4
Book 1 ~ Chapter 5
Book 1 ~ Chapter 6
Book 1 ~ Chapter 7
Book 1 ~ Chapter 8
Book 1 ~ Chapter 9
Book 1 ~ Chapter 11
Book 1 ~ Chapter 12
Book 1 ~ Chapter 13
Book 1 ~ Chapter 14
Book 1 ~ Chapter 15
Book 1 ~ Chapter 16
Book 1 ~ Chapter 17
Book 1 ~ Chapter 18
Book 1 ~ Chapter 19
AUTHORS NOTE: Link to ATLA Comic
Book 1 ~ Chapter 20
Book 1 ~ Chapter 21
Book 1 ~ Chapter 22
Book 1 ~ Chapter 23
Book 1 ~ Chapter 24
Book 1 ~ Chapter 25
Book 1 ~ Chapter 26
Book 1 ~ Chapter 27
Book 1 ~ Chapter 28
Book 1 ~ Chapter 29
Book 1 ~ Chapter 30
Book 1 ~ Chapter 31
AUTHORS NOTE: 5 day break
Book 1 ~ Chapter 32
Book 1 ~ Chapter 33
Book 1 ~ Chapter 34
Book 2 ~ Chapter 1
Book 2 ~ Chapter 2
Book 2 ~ Chapter 3
Book 2 ~ Chapter 4
Book 2 ~ Chapter 5
Book 2 ~ Chapter 6
Book 2 ~ Chapter 7
Book 2 ~ Chapter 8
Book 2 ~ Chapter 9
Book 2 ~ Chapter 10
Book 2 ~ Chapter 11
Book 2 ~ Chapter 12
Book 2 ~ Chapter 13
Book 2 ~ Chapter 14
Book 2 ~ Chapter 15
Book 2 ~ Chapter 16
Book 2 ~ Chapter 17
Book 3 ~ Chapter 1
Book 3 ~ Chapter 2
Book 3 ~ Chapter 3
Book 3 ~ Chapter 4
Book 3 ~ Chapter 5
Book 3 ~ Chapter 6
Book 3 ~ Chapter 7
Book 3 ~ Chapter 8
Book 3 ~ Chapter 9
Book 3 ~ Chapter 10
Book 3 ~ Chapter 11
Book 3 ~ Chapter 12
Book 3 ~ Chapter 13
Book 3 ~ Chapter 14
Book 3 ~ Chapter 15
Book 3 ~ Chapter 16
Book 3 ~ Chapter 17
Book 4 ~ Chapter 1
Book 4 ~ Chapter 2
Book 4 ~ Chapter 3
Book 4 ~ Chapter 4
~ One Year Anniversary ~
Q&A
Book 4 ~ Chapter 5
Book 4 ~ Chapter 6
Book 4 ~ Chapter 7
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
Book 4 ~ Chapter 8
Book 4 ~ Chapter 9
Book 4 ~ Chapter 10
Book 4 ~ Chapter 11
Book 4 ~ Chapter 12
Book 4 ~ Chapter 13
Book 4 ~ Chapter 14
Book 4 ~ Chapter 15
THANK YOU FOR 1M!
Book 4 ~ Chapter 16
Book 4 ~ Chapter 17
Book 5 ~ Chapter 1

Book 1 ~ Chapter 10

24.3K 644 78
By lqvely_luna

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
LEIs POV

I woke up with a start, breathing heavily. The last thing I remember was falling off the ladder. I looked around, and I saw that I was on my bed, in my room. I slowly got up from my bed, and groaned. These equalists are really skilled, but not as skilled as the ones I've encountered before. Some chi blockers tried to capture me when I was young. That's the first time I encountered a chi blocker. I felt scared that day because I couldn't defend myself, and couldn't defend the people I love. The whole day, I thought about what Amon could do. I couldn't lie, but I felt scared. I decided to look for Korra. I came out of the temple, and it was sundown. I looked around outside and found her with Naga in the courtyard.

"You're awake!" Korra said as she saw me.

"Yeah, but who knew lightning hurts, I almost feel bad for everyone I've encountered," Lei said. Korra smiled.

"Where is everybody?" I asked.

"Tenzin went to town hall to discuss something with the council, Pema is inside with kids, Mako and Bolin are resting as well since they were hit as bad as you," Korra said.

"I hope they're okay," I wondered.

"I'm going to the air doors to practice, wanna come," Korra asked.

"It's my job to go with you, Korra,"

"Yeah, not only that, but you're my friend," Korra smiled. I smiled back.

Korra practiced her stance, for an airbender, you need to be graceful. I got bored of watching her, and turned on the radio. I listened to the music on the radio while watching Korra practice.

"I told Tenzin yesterday when we came home, about Amon, and what he could do," Korra said.

"What did he say?" I asked.

"Well, one thing, the city is gonna need us more than ever," Korra said.

Suddenly, the radio music got interrupted.

"Good Evening, fellow equalists," Amon said. I widened my eyes, and looked at Korra.

"This is your leader, Amon, as you know, the republic council has voted me as republic enemy number one. Proving, once again, that the bending oppressors of this city will stop at nothing to squash our revolution. But we cannot be stopped, our numbers grow stronger by the day. You no longer have to live in fear. The time has come for benders to experience fear," Amon said.

I immediately turned the radio off, and looked at Korra. She looked scared but I know she won't say it. She wanted to be strong for the people. The rest of the night was filled, for me, were filled with fear.

Fear that I might never have bending again.

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨

The next day came fast. By this time, it was sundown again, and we were gathered in the dining area. I was sitting beside Korra. Once everyone sat down, Tenzin started grace.

"We are grateful for this delicious food, for our happiness, for our compassion, and—" Tenzin got cut off.

"I'm not late, am I?" A man said. I looked up and saw a man in a watertribe suit.

"This is my home, Tarlock, we're about to eat dinner," Tenzin said.

Tarlock? Isn't he a part of the republic council?

"Good because I am absolutely famished," Tarlock said, while Tenzin glared at him.

"I heard airbenders never turn down a hungry guest, am I right?" Tarlock said.

"I suppose," Tenzin sighed. Tarlock approached Korra.

"Ah, you must be the famous Avatar. Miss Avatar Korra, it is truly an honor. I am Councilman Tarlock, representative of the Southern Water Tribe," Tarlock said.

"It's good to meet you," Korra said, then Tarlock's eyes landed on mine.

"You must be Princess Lei of the Fire Nation, it is an honor as well," Tarlock acknowledged.

"As long as you don't call me princess again, we don't have a problem," I warned, he nodded and took a seat next to Jinora.

"So," Tarlock started as he looked at me and Korra.

"I've been reading all about your adventures in the papers. Infiltrating Amon's rally, now that took some real initiative," Tarlock commended.

"Oh, thanks, I think you're the first authority figure who's happy I'm here," Korra said.

"Republic City is much better off now that you've arrived," Tarlock said.

"Enough with the flattery, Tarlock, what do you want?" Tenzin said. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Patience, Tenzin, I'm getting to that," Tarlock said. Tenzin continued to glare at him.

"You may have heard, I'm assembling a task force, to strike a heart to the force of the revolution, I want you and Miss Lei to join me," Tarlock said.

"What?" Tenzin said in disbelief.

"I need someone to take Amon on directly. Someone who is fearless in the face of danger and that someone is you, and you too, Miss Lei," Tarlock said.

"Join your task force? Me too, I can't," Korra said. I was shocked, I thought she would take it honestly. By the looks on everyone's faces, they were shocked too.

"Great offer, but I'm only joining if Korra will," I said honestly.

"What do you mean, you can't?" Tarlock asked.

"I have to continue my airbending training with Tenzin," Korra said. I know her, that wasn't the real reason.

"I must admit, I'm rather surprised. I thought you'd jump at the chance to lead a charge against Amon," Tarlock said.

"Me too," Tenzin said surprised.

"I came to Republic City to continue my training with Tenzin, I came to focus on that," Korra said. She hates training, what is she doing.

"Which is why this opportunity is perfect. You would get an on-job experience while performing your Avatar duty for the city," Tarlock said.

"Korra and Lei gave you their answer, It's time for you to go," Tenzin said sternly.

"Very well, I'm not giving up on both of you just yet," Tarlock said before standing up. I don't trust this guy, I just have a feeling.

"It has been a pleasure to meet you both," Tarlock said, and walked away.

THE NEXT EARLY MORNING, Korra and I were sitting on the stairs of the courtyard. Kaya and Naga were with us. I wanted to ask her about yesterday, why she turned down Tarlock's offer.

"Hello friends!" a familiar voice said, I turned in the direction of the voice and saw Bolin approaching us, with Pabu on his shoulder.

"Hi, Bolin," I said, He smiled and turned to Korra.

"Missed you at practice this week," Bolin mentioned.

"Yeah, sorry about that," Korra said tiredly.

"Yeah, we're probably out of the tournament anyway, unless some money miraculously appears bt tomorrow," Bolin said.

"Anyways, I came here to give you this," Bolin handed Korra a flower and a cupcake. I looked pointedly at him.

You have got to be kidding me. Bolin likes Korra.

"What's this for?" Korra asked.

"Oh, I can't remember, Oh yeah! You saved my life," Bolin said happily. I raised an eyebrow.

"Why didn't you give something for me then?" I said bitterly, I know he likes her but I saved him too. Bolin rubbed the back of his head.

"Sorry, Lei, I owe you, just if you need help, now I'm always there to help you," Bolin said.

"Gee, thanks," I said in a sarcastic tone, and leaned my back comfortably against Kaya's side.

"Saving you was no big deal," Korra said.

"No big deal?" Bolin said in disbelief, "I was totally freaking out when he was coming at me with his freaky mask, It's still hard for me to sleep at night,"

"Delivery for Avatar Korra! Compliments of Tarlock, and he urges you to reconsider his offer," a man said holding a gift basket.

"What's with people giving you so much gifts today," I said. Korra raised her shoulders.

"Tell him I haven't changed my mind," Korra said. The man nodded and walked away.

"Who's this Tarlock guy? Is he bothering you? Because I can have a word with him," Bolin said. It's cute how he's fallen in love with Korra. Korra chuckled.

"It's okay. He's just some old guy who works in the council with Tenzin," Korra said.

"Oh, that's good, I like that better," Bolin said. I rolled my eyes, and got up.

"Bolin! I just remembered that I need your help with something," I lied.

"Oh? With what?" Bolin asked. Hmm.

"Well, I have....um.... to lift my bed! I need help to lift it," I said.

"Oh, sure," Bolin said.

"I'll come help too," Korra said, she was about to get up but I stopped her.

"No! It's okay, we won't be long, Korra, we got it," I said.

"Oh alright then," Korra said.

I grabbed Bolin's arm and led him up to my room. He stepped inside first and I closed the door behind me.

"So, I'll lift the left side while you lift the right," Bolin planned.

"Since, when did you like Korra," I asked curiously.

"What?!" He exclaimed, "Why would you think that?"

"Seriously, You're the most obvious person I've met," I said honestly. He sighed.

"I just don't know what to do, I really like her," Bolin said softly, as he took a seat at the edge of my bed. My heart broke for my friend, he doesn't know that Korra likes Mako. This won't be good.

"Bolin, Korra is a person with many important responsibilities, and I don't think she can fit time for a relationship right now," I said softly, I didn't want to see him hurt.

"Well, I, at least have to try, right?" Bolin said with hope in his eyes. I sighed, if he won't listen to me then he'll probably listen to Korra.

"Yeah, I guess," I said unsure. He smiled lightly.

I didn't wanna see him hurt. If he won't listen to me, then he will listen to what Korra has to say.

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
AUTHORs NOTE:
This chapter was edited but nothing from the storyline has been changed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.3K 983 14
Avatar: the Last Airbender Fanfiction Zuko x OC Makki is the twin sister of Sokka and the older sister of Katara. She is one of the last Southern wat...
121K 4.1K 17
[Zuko x Oc] Aang has finally mastered waterbending but now it's time to learn earthbending. Finding a master for Aang requires everyone to work toget...
22.7K 517 14
170 AG the year of change for two friends. It is finally time for the Avatar, Master of all four elements, to learn airbending. But before she can l...
219K 6.5K 64
Eziri is the eldest daughter of Ozai and Ursa, Princess of the Fire Nation, and the embodiment of perfection. Or...at least she was. What will happe...