Ache and Hunger ~Complete~

By wannabeloved3

Everyone has an ache and hunger, some people are just better at hiding it than others. And some people run fr... More

Warning!
What they look like to Me
Chapter 0: Prologue
Chapter 1: The Snap Part 1
Chapter 2: The Snap part 2
Chapter 3: It's Been A While
Chapter 4: Adulting is hard
Chapter 5: His dream girl
Chapter 6: Falling Easily
Chapter 7: Fight for her
Chapter 8: Pyschos
Chapter 9: Some Truths
Chapter 11: On Her Own
Chapter 12: Pent Up (Part 1)
Chapter 13: Pent up ( Part 2)
Chapter 14: Temptation for a Demon
Chapter 15: One Answer, Two questions
Chapter 16: Rollercoster of Emotions
Chapter 17: His Favorite Sin (Part 1)
Chapter 18: His Favorite Sin ( Part 2)
Chapter 19: His Favorite Sin ( Part 3)
Chapter 20: His Favorite Sin (Part 4)
Chapter 21: The Morning After (part 1)
Chapter 22: The Morning After (Part2)
Chapter 23: The Morning After (Part 3)
Chapter 24: My Best friend and My brother
Chapter 25: Girl talk, Tea and A kiss
Chapter 26: Procrastinating
Chapter 27: A Week Without
Chapter 28: Demons Don't Apologize
Chapter 29: An Angel's First Ache
Chapter 30: A Taste
Chapter 31: Bite and Backbone
Chapter 32: Helping and Safeguards
Chapter 33: Witness His Favorite sin (Part 1/4)
Chapter 34: Witness His Favorite Sin (Part 2/4)
Chapter 35: Witness His Favorite Sin (Part 3/4)
Chapter 36: Witness His Favorite sin (Part 4/4)
Chapter 37: Morning Care
Chapter 38: High
Chapter 39: Open and Foggy
Chapter 40: Denial, Distraction, and Foggy
Chapter 41: Happy and Foggy
Chapter 42: No Longer Foggy
Chapter 43: Open, Raw, and Ugly
Chapter 44: First Date Prep
Chapter 45: First Date Discussions
Chapter 46: Honeylips and Sugarplum
Chapter 47: An Angel's Sin ( Part 1/2)
Chapter 48: An Angel's Sin ( Part 2/2)
Chapter 49: Yours To Have
Chapter 50: Peace, Dread, Repeat
Chapter 51: Eyes Open
Chapter 52: First Flame

Chapter 10: Counseling a Cupid

2.9K 129 2
By wannabeloved3

A/N: I hope you all enjoy!

Baltazar's pov:

It's been a few days since that last time I followed the pull to Alexis. Every day that passed it as getting harder and harder to ignore the pull. I needed some answered before I faced Alexis again. Answers to questions, I'm not sure if I should even be asking. I am an angel.

My purpose is to love God. And, protect Heaven whenever needed. And, watch over my human charge while, encourage them to make the best decisions that will spread god's love on earth. Yet the night I was finally able to look Alexis in the eyes, I just knew she was a part of my purpose as well.

It made no sense at all why I feel that way. I suppose that's why I have so many questions. Like why do I feel so hollow being away from her? Why does she stay in my mind no matter what I do? Why do I long to be by her side? Why do I feel these things in the first place?

I remembered the last encounter I had with her. My face heated as I remembered the way she walked over to me, with her clothes falling off. I know that it was just a dream, yet it still has an affect. I wanted her. She made me want to sin.

I bit my own tongue as I quickly prayed for forgiveness for having such thoughts. I was so wrapped up in my own head, I forgot I was in the company of someone who knew me well.

"What is wrong, old friend?"Torriat asked me, with a raised eyebrow as he leaned a little closer to me.

I opened my eyes, taking in the sight of the game board between us. I quickly grabbed one of the pieces and made my move. I knocked off three of his pieces in that move.

As I scooped up his pieces I spoke with a smile, "I was just planning my attack."

Torriat narrowed his eyes at me as he spoke with a hard  edge to his words, "You seem to be in a haze for these past few days. Are you sure, you're alright Baltazar?"

"Yes, now make your move, Torriat", My words came out with a hard edge as well. If he wished to pick a fight just because I have been a little hazy as he put it, then fine.

We stared at each other in the silence that became much more honstial as the seconds ticked away. Torriat suddenly gave me a smile as he said, "Well, someone is very eager to lose".

We returned to playing and I won the game. We planned a rematch for the next time we each had free time. Torriat left to look after his charge. I decided that I should get answers to my questions. I left to visit the angels that are well verse with emotions. The cupids.

The trip was a short one, I had time to call on Giovanni and alert him of my arrival. I stood in front of his office and smiled as Giovanni, opened the door with a wide smile on his face. We embraced for a few seconds, then he pulled me into his office. I wondered what it would feel like to embrace Alexis and not just her subconscious.

"What bring you here my friend?", Giovanni asked as he leaned against his desk.

I took a seat at one of the chairs in front of his desk. I lifted my hands and ran them through my hair, "It's a personal matter."

Giovanni's eyes light up as his smile widened, "Oh have you found your self falling in love?"

I felt my face brighten with a blush. I shook my head as I slowly dragged my hands down from my hair to my face. I took a breath before I answered him, "I wouldn't call it love. It's more like an irrational attachment."

Giovanni raised an eyebrow, his smile didn't wane one bit. He  walked closer to me as he said, "Well, let's just see what your heart says about this."

"Maybe, I should just go. I know you have important duties to attend to, right?", I spoke faster than necessary as my hands landed on my lap.

"I understand your fear", Gio told me before he stared at my chest with his eyes glowing.

A smile spread on his face once again as he finished his sentence, "Allow me to alleviate that fear. You are a very lucky Angel. You are bound by the white string that represents soulmates to Alexis Milles and someone who you haven't met yet."

"Milles. How do you know her last name?", I asked confused as I tried to recall her ever saying her last name in the many nights we shared in her dreams.

"I only tell you what is already in your heart, My friend", Gio told me as he patted my shoulder a few times, with a softer smile on his face.

"I don't remember her ever telling me her last name. How can my heart know something my mind doesn't, Gio?", I asked as I looked up at him. The confusion in my tone, matched the confusion on my face.

"The heart never forgets love no matter how painful that love is, or what kind of love it is. Interactions between soulmates are etched in hearts", Giovanni told me as he poked me in the chest, right over my heart.

I leaned my head back and covered my eyes with my hands. I let out a long groan before I spoke, "Am I really that lucky? I have never heard of an Angel with a soulmate. Nevermind two of them. I've been meeting Alexis in her dreams and the last dream she made me."

I clenched my jaw as I took a quick, deep breath. I pressed my hands harder against my eyes then, I spoke, "She didn't make me do anything. I just felt lust for the first time and it frighten me. Giovanni, will I end up like Lucifer?"

"No. God knows your heart. He wouldn't have matched you if he thought you couldn't handle it. Lucifer tempted the humans in a stupid attempt to show God that the humans weren't worthy of God's love.", He paused to take an exasperated breath, then he continued.

"All because he didn't want to rule hell, which made him a prisoner of hell. You, Baltazar have never doubted God and you love humans. Don't start doubting him now", Giovanni said as he patted my forearm a few times when he finished.

I moved my hands from my face and straighten my posture. I gave Giovanni a smile as I spoke, "You're right. I shouldn't doubt God or try to run away from these feeling, or this bond."

I stood up and embraced Giovanni as I spoke, "Thank you my friend."

Giovanni chuckled as he hugged me back. He patted my back a few times as he spoke, "No problem, Bal. Remember that love is not easy but it can be worth everything. If you ever need help again, my office is always open to you."

I pulled back from the hug and gave his shoulder an affected squeeze, "Thanks Gio. Also I would appreciate it if this and any future talks we share about my soulmates stick between us. Someone messed with my memory and I don't want whoever did it to know that I remember anything."

Giovanni gave me a firm nod as he said, "Of course, I swear to god."

Giovanni and I caught up that is until we both had to return to our duties. The day couldn't go by fast enough, I wanted it to be night already. I wanted to see Alexis. Eventually I felt the pull and I followed it without without any hesitation or doubt.The sky was dark, cloudy and rain, is pouring down on the beach.

The wind was howling and through it all I could see Alexis. She stood at the edge of the waves and seemed to be screaming at the world. Even from here, I could see the tears streaming down her face. I rushed to her side as my heart squeezed painful at the sight before her.

I wrapped my arms tightly around her as I enased us in my large wings. I wanted to protect her from the harshness of this dream. I lifted my hands, cupping her face lovely as I tilted her head up. I moved my thumbs to wipe away the wetness from her cheeks.

When her eyes landed on mine, I spoke sincerely, "I am so sorry I left you, Alexis. I swear to god, I will never let doubt or fear create distance between us ever again."

She gave a few sniffled intake of air before she spoke in a sad tone that pained me to hear, "Why wouldn't you leave me? Everyone does, Marcus, Conner, my own mother. I'm sure that Lilith will leave me as well, she probably only stuck around me because her brother wants me. I'm sure he'll get bored soon and throw me away like trash."

"You are not trash, Alexis. You're kind, considerate, honest", I told her truthfully, before I could continue she interrupted me.

"I am needy, pathetic, selfish", She listed words in a tone that added sadness to pain in my chest.

I moved my thumb to press against her lips. Her eyebrows pulled together as she blinked the tears out of her watering eyes. I gave her a gentle smile as I asked, "Do you need to vent or do you need an distraction?"

I brushed my thumb off of her lips, she tilted her head further into the palm of my hand. I noticed that the rain stopped, the wind calmed. I felt the warmth of the sun on my feathered wings.

She closed her eyes as she spoke, "Can you just hold me while we lay on the sand?"

I folded my wings away as we moved down on the now warm sand. Alexis moved with me and we ended up laying on our side, facing the waves. She snuggled against my body. Her back to my chest and her legs tucked closely next to mine. I propped my head up on my hand as my elbow dug into the sand.

My other arm laid across her stomach. We layed in each other's arms until the edges of the dream started to go black. I knew that our time was coming to an end for the night. I lowered my head, planting a gentle kiss on her temple, before I was pushed out of her dream.

I lowered my head, and whispered into her ear, "I'm yours Alexis."

I planting a gentle kiss on her temple, before I was pushed out of her dream. I wasn't soaring back to my human charge, I felt stuck in one place. I reached out and felt a painful stinging going through my entire body. I clenched my jaw tightly as pulled my hand back. I looked around at the unfamiliar room, trying to get my bearings.

A female stepped out of the shadows, with a scowl on her face. Not a human female, this is a demon. I returned her scowl as I spoke in a stern tone, "What do you think you're doing?"

She stepped closer to me and crossed her arms under her chest. She looked at me up and down before she spoke, "You're not in a position to be asking questions. You're going to answering mine. Let's start simple. My name is Lilith. What's your name?"

I looked down at the seven glowing crystals surrounding me. I narrowed my eyes in suspension  at her. I wondered how she got her hands on these crystals.

I tilted my head slightly as I spoke, "Baltazar. Where did you get these crystals?"

"Do you know an angel called Torrait? If so, tell me where I can find him", Somehow her scowl deepened as her form became less human.

"What do you want with him?", I asked her with a raised eyebrow while trying to think of how I'll get out of this cage.

Her skin started to give off a thick black smoke as she revealed her true demon form to me. She extended her hand downwards at the crystal ring.  The cage like dome surrounding me started to light up with its energy. I kept my eyes on her now unnaturally wide smile, that showed off her razor sharp teeth which reminded me of a shark.

Her eyes glowed with the fire of hell as she spoke again, "I advise you to keep giving me straight answers,and less questions, Baltazar."

A/N:Thanks for reading. Please leave a comment. The next chapter should ne out 5-1-19.

Remember of you want to read ahead, just check out my Radish account and search the title of this story.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

201K 3.9K 25
*MATURE CONTENT* A Little Insight: As I walked to my wardrobe, he stood up and began taking slow, sinister steps towards me with his claws extracted...
8.9M 338K 39
Needs editing and will be editing soon Alexis Miller is a 23 year old who is freshly out of college. She was hired right on the spot, when the owner...
32.6K 1.3K 30
BOOK ONE ∘∗∾⋄❆⋄∾∗∘ Raksasha is a shapeshifting demon, drifting through an agonizing afterlife of karma, searching for something that could end her mi...
55.2K 1.2K 32
"I'll make a deal with you"I said smiling sadisticly and slowly walking towards him. "wh-who are you"the Alpha said. "Oh you know your usual run in d...