The Wolf and The Dragon (Book...

By Akita_Ninjago

Ninjago, after the events of Series 9 & 10 What had really happened between sessions 9 and 11? Who is the Wol... More

Prologue
The Doctor
Nightmares and Visions
A New Quest
Mini-Cole
The Professor
Origins
Hey Rumi...
Bloodline
Beautiful Bloom {the time traveller dragon}
The Princess Save Me
EVERY ENDING IS ALWAYS A NEW BEGINNING
Some Die, Some Live...
Day of the Departed
Love Birds in the Kitchen
The March of the Oni
Down on memory lane
Following the Sunset
Who is The Dragon?
About Last Night
Kim vs Cole
The Fall
The Might Goddess vs The Master of Water
The Jump
The Brutal Attack
Between life and death
The Master of Wind
Falling into a trap
Code 1: A time-critical event with immediate response required
Ninja GO!
The Genji Twins
All together again
Wine on the rooftop
Sunrise Exercise
Romance or Friendship?
The Wall of Fame
The return of the crazy old Lady
Mistake's Advice and Noodles
The heart of The Quiet One
Surprise! - Meeting the second guardian

Healing? now or never...

370 11 10
By Akita_Ninjago

[lloyd]

When I arrived at the hospital that evening I saw Ruby and a little boy with her, probably 10 or 11 years old, wearing an oversized scrub, inside Harumi's room. He was standing very close to Harumi and it looked like he was talking to her. I watched them, very curious about the reason behind.

As they exited, the boy almost pumping into me. Ruby sees me and smiles, but she has tears in her eyes.

-"Hey! you are the Green Ninja" - the boy says looking up to me in surprise, I squat to be at the same high as him.

-"Indeed, I am, and you are?"

-"I am Flynn!" - as if that answered all -"Oh my world! My friends would never believe that! Today is the best day of my life, thank you so much, Doctor Ruby !"

He said all that while taking his scrubs off and placed into Ruby 's hands, and before he runs away, he throws himself on Ruby neck giving her a big hug and a kiss. And tells her:

-"when I grow up I want to be a Doctor just like you!"

Now Ruby wipes off her tears, I went back to my feet and looked at her as if

asking who is that.

-"that was Flynn" - she said, still wiping her eyes.

-"that much I heard, but who's Flynn?

-"he is Iva's friend, he is visiting her and asked me about Harumi. She has saved his life, as well as his parents, by finding them a safe way out of the collapsing building, it looks like by saving them, she ended up trapped herself" her eye was full of tears again, and so was mine. We were both silent for a couple of seconds

-"I wasn't expecting to see you here today"- I said

-"I am not really here!" She giggles "I was here only to meet the Pediatric cardiologist that is taking Iva's case. But, I met Flynn, then here I am... "

-"what is going to happen to Iva?"

-"they are transferring her upstairs, she will be there until they can operate her, she needs a heart transplant."

-"wow, is that serious then?" - she nods back - "how long until they can do that?"

-"it depends, they first need to find a donor, and then check compatibility, it can take a while."

-"Would you like to grab a drink?"

-"Yep, ops! I forgot the machine is not working today. I have asked one of the guys at the reception to get 2 hot chocolates for me from the coffee shop nearby, let me see if it is here yet. Back soon." She walks away.

[Ruby ]

It was true, the coffee machine was broken, and was also true that I asked the guys to get me a hot chocolate, and a spare cup.

I take them to my office and empty the flask into the spare cup. I add the contents of a capsule inside, mixed all together and put the lid on. My cup already has a D for Doctor, and I find funny that was an "L" in the other one I prepared to Lloyd.

I grab the scrub kit and walk back to Lloyd with the drinks in the cupholder. He was still in the same place I left him, watching Harumi.

We walked together to the coffee area, grab a seat, he was in his gi and had a bit of sand on his shoes.

-"How come you asked for 2 drinks?" - He said playfully

-"oh well, they were both for me, I don't mind to share" - I giggle, and he knows I am joking, as he points to the "L" in his cup.

-"for L'Ruby " - I made up, laughing.

-"hum, that tastes quite nice," he said sipping his drink

-"is the best coffee shop around, we should go there one day.." - I stop myself thinking what am I doing, ok, I was nervous about drugging him.

-"maybe" - he gives me a funny look. And I tried to act normal

-"have you been on a mission today?"- I changed the subject

-"kind of, I went with my mother to a small town by the seaside, she was born there, it calls Morodum" - he said unsure

-"Moridunum, it means Fort by the sea." I corrected his pronunciation and explain the meaning.

-"do you know that place"

-"Sure I do, it is my hometown" - I started to get a bit concerned about time, he has empty his cup, and I know I have around 10 minutes before he falls down from the anaesthetic I put into his drink.

-"really?" - he had more to say but I stopped him

-"Lloyd, I am sorry, but I have to go very soon, let me take you to Harumi's room, so I can go." -

-"ok, but you will have to tell me more about your hometown tomorrow" - he said that walking beside me and getting himself into the scrub.

-"There is not much to talk about, it's such a small place ..." - I open the door for him. But before I leave...

-"Ruby, is it tomorrow she will need to be taken out of the coma?"

-"yes, we will be running lots of tests before we make any decision, do you want me to get Professor Grey here for a joining decision?"

-"no need! I trust you!"

-"ok" - I exited the room feeling really bad for what I was doing, but I keep telling myself, it is for a good cause.

I walked away and timed 5 minutes in my watch before I returned, and as I expected, he was in the chair beside the bed completely out, unconscious.

I take a deep breath, enter the ICU again, locked the door behind me, and close de blinders. I have less than 1 hour before the effects run out and he would regain consciousness. It is now or never.

Desperate measures

... elsewhere in a dark alley...

[Kimberly]

I pull my hoodie over my head and walk on fast steps over the dark alley, famous from selling weapons in the black market. I am not familiar with this area and I felt uneasy just by walking alone in this neighbourhood, I see young male faces staring at me, as they drug themselves, but I give no sign of weakness.

I entered a small store, and start looking around, the display is for misleading any inexperienced customer, so I read, mainly fishing and hunting gear, I see almost hidden in the lower corner something more likely: Pocketknife, Skinning Knife, Gutting Knife.

-"Are you fishing or hunting?" - said the voice behind the counter, a middle-aged, undisclosed gender person.

-"Neither, something to keep me safe, something lethal, yet untraceable?"

-"I am not sure I can help you."

-"I don't believe anyone can"

-"Listen, you are the only one that can help yourself!"

-"Wise words, but, doesn't really help"

-"I would have said the same myself, but... meanwhile, have this beauty here, it might at least make you feel braver." - he said opening a velvet box, with 2 small daggers, small enough to be hidden under my sleeves, sharp enough to tear a jugular.

-"I will have them" - I said getting the cash to pay.

-"You should consider some training before 'play around' with them unless you can be the one getting hurt."

-"I might! Though I don't think I can get any more hurting"

--

Back in the Hospital - [Ruby ]

I take a deep breath, enter the ICU again, locked the door behind me, and close de blinders. I have less than 1 hour before the effects run out and he would regain consciousness. It is now or never.

I walked closer to them, I am so nervous my hands are freezing cold. I read so many times the ritual I have to proceed, and this is the time.

With my left hand, I gently touch Lloyd's right one, I see my hand glowing, I turn his hand palm up, to keep our palms together, my hand looks so small into his, and instantaneously turn boiling hot as I adjusted the grip, and now my entire arm is glowing all the way to my chest.

I inhaled deeply, close my eyes, and mentally call for my healing power locked inside his body. The glowing crossed my chest and run down all the way to my right hand, I am ready, I said to myself. I call for the "travel in between worlds" power, and I take both of us to Harumi's, by holding on to her. I see her so pretty, a child of love mislead by pain and deception, but I know her heart is good, and I am ready to bring her back.

She sees me and gives me a smile.

-"Hi Doctor, thank you so much for bringing Flynn to talk to me today, I didn't know his name, but I am so glad he and his family are together and happy"

-"You did well Harumi, and you inspired him, because of you he will always be looking up for his friends."

-"it is good to know that I have done at least one good thing in my life. I see you have Lloyd with you?" - my power is keeping Lloyd floating just beside me holding on to my hand.

-"I need him to power the healing"

-"healing?"

-"yes, you asked me to help you, I am here to healing your body."

-"yes, I asked for your help, but that was not what I had in mind, besides, you can not heal me, my body is beyond healing now, you know that."

She is right, the extension of her body injuries are beyond repair, I can only heal what is still there to some extent, I can not bring back what she had lost. Her legs and part of her brain. As much I want to see her back and alive, I knew she would be forever brain-damaged, in a Persistent vegetative state: unable to interact with the environment; unresponsive.

-"Harumi, let me at least try, I insisted, please?"

-"and forever be trapped in a body depending on others? no Thanks! - I believe a patient is entitled to refuse treatment, am I right?"

-"if a patient can decide for herself." - I try to argue with her.

-"which I can, at least here in this dimension." - she pauses -"I don't want to go back, please, I still have some pride. I came to terms that I have brought this to myself, and I am ready to let it all go. I only need one last thing from you."

-"and what is that?"

-"him" - she answered looking at Lloyd - "I want to speak to him one last time, please."

I hesitated for a minute, only because I wasn't prepared to do what she was asking me, I knew how to do it, but with Lloyd completely unconscious I was afraid something could go wrong. However, Lloyd can somehow convince her otherwise.

-"I don't know if I can do that Harumi" -I told her

-"Yes you can, you are the Lupa, aren't you?" - she takes me by surprise.

-"How do you know I am the Lupa?"-

-"It is a funny thing about being "between worlds", for you it is like what - 9 days? For me it is like an eternity, trust me I have been here long enough, I learned quite a lot."

-"Very well, I will try. Just one thing"

-"Anything"

-"Don't tell him I am here, please"

-"I will not"

-"Thanks! I will bring his unconscious to you, and stand aside to give the two of your privacy, you will need to call for me once you are done, we don't have much time, everything will fade away if we run out of time."

-"Ok, but how am I supposed to call for you?"

-"Just call for me, in your thoughts, I shall be able to hear." I said that a bit unsure - "Ready?" -

-"Ready!"

[Kimberly]

The build was very empty, it was half term, and many of the students and professors were away, I had to take my end of the term report to Prof. Grey, I had finished 5 days ago, but he has humiliated me once again, and I had to re-write my entire paper.

I know what he is going to do, but this time I am not going to let that to happen. I am scared, I can hide that, but I am determined to not let my fears get the best of me.

I step lightly on the wood floor, and the only noise I could hear is the echo of my own steps.

The office door is open, I find odd, and enter the room very carefully, my desk is as I left the day before, and hear whispers coming from Prof. Grey's room, I remove my shoes, and try to step as light as possible, my neck shiver as if something cold and dark was just behind me, I scam my surrounds and see nothing, might be my own fears playing games on me, I try to establish a good reason for my feelings.

There was definitely someone inside Prof. Grey's room, it was talking to him, he was on his knees in front of this creature, as pleading for his life.

I slipped myself between the furniture, and stay as quiet as a mouse, from a position I could hear the conversation, and even recorded. The creature sounds like a woman but looks nothing like one.

-"One single thing Grey, and you are unable to do, give me a good reason to not tear you apart."

-"The Lupa trusts me, I am your only chance to get her in goodwill"

-"I will consider that if you find out who is the Dragon, the crystal don't lie she is with him."

-"I have my twin following her everywhere, she has no one, she goes to work from home and vice-versa every day, no one is with her, she is always by herself."

-"They are using their powers, and you know very well what that means, find him!"

-"I will do my best Master"

-"Your best does not seem good enough for me"

She hits his face with some kind of stick, he felt, she hit his back a few times, part of me want to help, but on the other side, I enjoyed seem him suffer.

-"I will let you live today, don't take my mercy from grant".

She hits her stick on the floor and disappears. Suddenly the shadow and the cold feeling in the room also disappear. Grey was on the floor, I can see he was hurt, as a doctor I could help him and make sure he would be ok, but as someone that he abused several times, I just want to finish the job the scary creature left behind.

I get out of my hiding place, I pull my daggers in my hands and walk towards him.

-"I can't help not enjoying what I just watch, shame she hasn't finished her job"

-"Kimberly, are you crazy, what are doing here?"

I give him no answer, and he stares at my hands, and see my daggers, he tries to stand on his feet, but he falls again.

-"What have you heard Kimberly? - You have no idea what are you leading yourself in!"

-"As if you care, I don't give a dummy about your dark mission, I will just finish you right now."

I jumped over him, and my dagger hit his arm, but even in the floor, he moves really fast, and managed to get one of my daggers out of me, I freak out, he probably has some kind of training that I don't have.

I attacked him once again, and he disarmed me, I kick him, he diverts and immobilized me, I use all my strength, and I manage to hit his balls really hard, he rolls over letting me go. I run out of his reach and grab my daggers.

-"Kimberly your stupid bitch, I will kill you!! You don't know who you are dealing with."

Before he can get up from the floor I run away from that place, I know I can never go back there, I know he can kill me if he wants to... Once I am out of reach I check my mobile, to see if the video record works, it did, that would be a good insurance policy against him.

However, there is something else, a message from my father, oh NO!!! Pete...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.2K 520 21
✿✿SPOILERS FOR CRYSTALIZED✿✿ After the events of Crystalized, Harumi is sent to court where she was about to face the ultimate punishment: death. To...
51.6K 1.1K 43
The Ninja have been trying to get Lloyd a girlfriend for months now after they all got their partners and did not want him to feel left out. When the...
43K 924 30
(Tw- Language) •☆ "I will always love you... No matter what, Lloyd. But promise me that you will protect Ninjago and our friends." "I promise..."☆• ☆...
6.8K 98 7
「DISCONTINUED」 'Sequel to March of The Oni | Season 10 AU' Basking in the glory of their recent victory, the Ninja embark on a new adventure to explo...