Blood is Thicker Than Water (...

By Dark_Angelxo

#1 in Aliah Snape Series Before the war of Hogwarts, Severus Snape was married and had a daughter. To protect... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER ONE: 14 Years Later
CHAPTER TWO: The Pain of The Truth
CHAPTER THREE: Moonstone
CHAPTER FOUR: Shadows
CHAPTER FIVE: Truth of Lies
CHAPTER SIX: Smoke
CHAPTER SEVEN: The Place Where It All Began
CHAPTER EIGHT: Father and Daughter
CHAPTER NINE: The Promise, The Secret, The Lies
CHAPTER TEN: Some Things Are Better Left Alone
CHAPTER ELEVEN: The Prince of Slytherin
CHAPTER TWELVE: Date? Date
CHAPTER THIRTEEN: Pride Before the Fall
CHAPTER FIFTEEN: Plans
CHAPTER SIXTEEN: It's Christmas
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: Family Secrets
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: I'll Stay
CHAPTER NINETEEN: Breathe
CHAPTER TWENTY: Nightmares
CHAPTER TWENTYONE - Never Let Me Go
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO - Start of Something New

CHAPTER FOURTEEN: Questions and Answers

123 7 0
By Dark_Angelxo

During her time alone in the morning, Aliah finally had time to think. She thought about the things that had happened over the past week. The presents she received made her think of the sorting hat when she first arrived 'you are loyal, as well as cunning as your Father,"

It was ridiculous to think of it, but the way the hat had said it, the way how few knew of her birthday. Aliah had to find out more about her bloodline. Aliah sat in the high - backed chair of the library and searched through books of wizard bloodlines dating back to many generations. There was no Holt or even a mention of her.

She spent hours looking through books but there was nothing. Aliah sat back in her chair, holding onto her new necklace. She looked down at the piece of jewellery. "Love and hope," Aliah smiled. 

Her eyes widen. "Love and hope!" 

Aliah grabbed her bag and ran out of the room. If she was wrong, that she was about to make herself look like an idiot. But if she was right...well maybe this will be the only birthday she will have to spend alone.

She turned the corner but crashed into Professor McGonagall. She stumbled back and quickly apologised, "I'm so sorry Professor,"

"Where were you going in such a rush, Miss Holt?" The professor frowned.

"I'm late for a class Professor," Aliah lied.

"Well, you better be off then," 

Aliah nodded and started to walk away.

"Oh, Miss Holt? Happy birthday!" McGonagall smiled before turning around. Aliah stood there puzzled. How many people knew about her birthday? And more importantly, how, did they know it was her birthday. She definitely needed some answers. 

Aliah ran all the way down to the dungeons. Finally, she was able to knock on the door. "Come in," a low voice answered. Aliah opened the door and saw Professor Snape at his desk. He looked up and narrowed his eyes at the surprise.

"Miss Holt? We don't have a class today." He looked forward to their private lessons and he was positive they did not have one today.

"No we don't, but I do have a question for you professor,"

"And that question may be?"

"Is my father still alive?" Aliah asked desperately. She watched her teacher's expression - which hadn't changed since she walked into the room. She silently cursed him for not being able to show his thinking on his face.

Severus looked at his daughter stunned. How could he answer that? If he told her the truth it would put her in danger. The Dark Lord will know who she is and use her against him. The last thing he wants is to put his only daughter in that position. He made a promise and he was intending to keep it.

"Why do you ask?" 

"I asked first," Aliah said angrily

"I do not know Miss Holt. I'm Sorry,"

"See sir I believe that you do know. I believe that he is alive," Aliah spoke.

"What makes you think that?" Snape gulped

"The sorting hat. It made a comment implying that my Father was alive. It used present tense, not past. Not only that, but Mr Ollivander also seemed to believe he is still alive,"

"Ollivander is old Aliah, he was mistaken," Snape frowned

"That may be. Then there is the case of this," She took off her necklace and held it in front of Severus's face. "Sir do you know this stone?"

"It is an Opal" Severus looked at the necklace. He secretly prayed that she did not guess the truth but was proud of her at the same time. He underestimated his daughter, he didn't realise how smart she was. She was definitely her mother's daughter. 

"Well Sir, besides rose quartz, Opal is the stone of love and hope. Not to mention my birthstone. Now a friend wouldn't get the stone of love and no one knew of my birthday besides you and Professor McGonagall. My guess is that you knew or still know my Father. I believe that this stone is a message from him to me, you see,"

Severus was stunned. He didn't know what to say. She was a bright one, too bright. When he didn't respond she turned and left with a smirk on her face. He may not have said anything but she did get an answer.

She knew that her Father was alive. Aliah left the dungeons in the mood she couldn't describe. She was happy but also sombre. She had an answer. Her father was alive and Snape knows who he is. Though if her Father was alive, that would mean that the rest of the life Aliah had, was a lie of sorts. 

She had to make one more stop to make before deciding if she was going to flip out or not. Even though she could feel her bones itching for some release. 

Aliah knocked on the door and waited for the okay to enter. When the permission sounded through the wood, she opened the door and entered the Transfiguration classroom. "Miss Holt what can I do for you?"

"I need to ask you a question Professor and I need you to be honest with me," Aliah strutted to the Professor's desk. Professor McGonagall removed her glasses and looked over the desk at her granddaughter.

Aliah leaned forward and pressed her palms flat against the wood. "How did you know it was my birthday? I never told anyone,"

Professor McGonagall lowered her eyes. 

"My father is alive, isn't he? You knew him, you probably still do," 

"Miss Holt," Professor McGonagall sternly looked at Aliah, "your Father is dead. You know that,"

Aliah shook her head. "You are lying to me Professor, I know that," she leaned in closer, "I'm going to find him."

------------------------------

Aliah climbed the last stair to the astronomy tower. She quickly hid behind the wall. She took a step back, feeling as if she was invading a private moment. She was about to turn when she heard Malfoy mumble her name.

He was leaning over the rail with his head hanging low. Aliah couldn't hear exactly what he was saying, but she caught the words I'm a jerk.

"Yes you are," Aliah stepped out of the shadows. Draco turned around and bowed his head. 

"I'll leave you alone,"

Aliah reached for him when he walked past. "Don't. Stay for a while,"

Draco searched her eyes. "Ok." He leads her to the rail. The sun was almost setting. Therefore dinner would start within the hour.

 Aliah slumped her body against the rail.

"How has your birthday been?" Draco asked nervously.

"Not what I expected," Aliah sighed. "For starters, this is the first year I have celebrated my birthday alone. Then I found out some things - I'm not even sure that I want them to be true,"

"What sort of things?" Draco pressed. Aliah looked at him, a silent plea in his eyes. She sighed and looked at the horizon.

"My father is alive. Snape and McGonagall know who he is and possibly where," Aliah said. Draco gasped. "I believe that the people who raised me aren't - weren't my real parents. And that my real father is in the castle or somewhere close by,"

"Why do you think that?"

"Because of this," Aliah passed him the necklace that was in her pocket. " I received it this morning. I didn't tell anyone about my birthday,"

"A necklace?"

"The stone Draco, it's an Opal,"

"I don't understand,"

"Opal is the stone of love and hope. Since I don't have a boyfriend it had to be family. My biological mother is dead, this ring was hers," Aliah lifted her hand to show Draco. "Not to mention, the woman who raised me never had jewellery like this. I went through every single jewellery piece of hers as a kid. Never did I see something this ancient," She then curled her hand and held it to her chest.

Draco placed a hand on her back. Aliah turned and snuggled into his chest. If she wasn't quietly sobbing into his shirt, she would have been surprised at how well they fitted together. Draco rubbed her back and rested his chin on the top of her head.

"You aren't alone Aliah. No matter what you think, you can never be alone. Not truly,"

Aliah pulled back slightly. She looks to his lips, then his high cheekbones, eventually she rested her gaze into his eyes. "You are forgiven,"

Draco leaned down and pressed his lips to hers. Aliah didn't fight back. She pressed her hands against his chest and he pulled her closer by the waist. She didn't know, but somehow, their lips acted as if it was a normal occurrence, as Aliah didn't have any control.

Draco pulled back. He shook his head and took a step backwards. "I-I am sorry. I shouldn't have down that,"

"I'm not," Aliah smiled. Draco grinned and pulled her in again.

"Really?" He smirked. Aliah nodded and wrapped her arms around her neck. "You kiss pretty well for a Gryffindor. You must have had a lot of practice,"

Aliah shook her head. "Smooth Blondie, real smooth. But no,"

"Well then miss Holt, I am honoured," Draco leaned forward, their lips barely touching. "May I kiss you again?"

"You may," Aliah whispered. She lifted herself onto her toes so she could meet his lips.

-------------------------------------

Aliah had to leave Draco outside the dormitory since he was a Slytherin. She gave him a kiss on the cheek goodbye. He returned it by kissing her hand. "I promise that I will not make you regret this,"

"You better Malfoy,"

"Draco," he said sternly. "Call me Draco,"

"Then you call me Aliah,"

Draco smiled and nodded in agreement. He turned and walked down the staircase with a spring to his step. Aliah smiled to herself and gave herself a minute to process the moment before entering the chaos which was Gryffindor tower.

She took a breath and opened the portrait hole. She didn't have time to place toe inside when Fred and George literally yanked her in the common room. A large shout of happy birthday bounced off the walls.

Aliah covered her open mouth. The whole of Gryffindor was here. Aliah suspected it was due to the booze that was snuck in but they were here. The Weasley twins hoisted her up onto their shoulders and began chanting,

"I don't know if you've been told,

But Aliah here is another year old

The bad news is that we sing off key

The good news is we sing for free,"

Everyone repeated the twins chant after every line. Aliah laughed loudly as she was sprayed crazy with party string. The twins spun her around and she threw her arms into the air. They suddenly stopped when everyone started singing happy birthday. Aliah looked towards the staircase where Ginny was holding a chocolate cake.

Ginny stopped in front of the twins and with Neville's help, they raised it high enough for their friend. Aliah blew out the candles from on top of the twin's shoulders and made a wish.  Loud applause sounded and Aliah couldn't rid of the smile on her face. She scanned the decorated room when the twins continued to sing the chant.

Finally, they let her down. Aliah walked towards the food while receiving pats on the back and birthday wishes. She laughed when other students helped Fred and George with their chant. She took a seat in one of the armchairs and watched the Gryffindor house in party mode. Every now and then she would let out a chuckle at their idiocy. 

There was food on the table and colourful streamers hung everywhere possible. One of the girls had a Polaroid camera and took photos of the Gryffindors. The music blared throughout the common and everyone danced or sung the Weasley twin's birthday chant. 

"Would you like some cake?" Ginny asked as she sat on the arm of the chair. Aliah grabbed the plate. "How has your day been?"

Aliah swallowed her bite. "Not what I expected,"

"In a good way or...?" 

"I don't really know yet," Aliah furrowed her eyebrows. "Can I say a little bit of both?"

"It's your birthday. You can do whatever you want,"

Aliah smiled. The two girls sat and ate food for a while. Occasionally laughing at the two drunk Weasley twins. 

"I can't understand how difficult it has been for you Aliah," Ginny started. Aliah tilted her head back, "but you do have a home here."

-------------------------------

The party ended at one in the morning when Professor McGonagall told everyone to go to bed and to clean up the common room by the morning.

All students returned to bed with the exception of a few -Ginny including - to pack up. Aliah tired to offer help since the party was for her but she found herself pushed to her dormitory. Smiling, she sat on her bed and looked at the Polaroid pictures she was given from the party. 

There was one where Fred and George were kissing either side of her cheeks. Another of her and Ginny, Aliah covered in streamers and party string on the twin's shoulders and there were many others with other students of Gryffindor house.

She placed them in the blue box which she received earlier in the morning. Aliah's hand brushed over her diary. She let it hover for a few seconds before finally deciding to touch it. She slowly curled her fingers around the velvet spine and carry it to her lap. 

She stared at the book, not entirely sure what to do with it. No. Aliah grabbed the book and opened her drawer of the nightstand. She dropped the book inside and slammed the drawer shut. She wanted to let this dream go on for a little while longer.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 115 12
The Battle of Hogwarts ended some years ago, Snape was buried, Dumbledore was honored and remembered, and Harry Potter, the boy who lived, is marked...
68.3K 1.9K 69
Elaine is an extraordinary young witch, who holds lots of special abilities, she a very bright witch. She grew up with her "father" Severus Snape. Bu...
15.4K 560 21
Sophia Taylor was just a normal girl at ten years old. One day, she was in her father's study and fell asleep. She woke up in a mysterious world. The...
311K 8.6K 41
《☆COMPLETED☆》 Most impressive Ranking: #1 in dramione (21 October, 2020) #5 in Faith (2 November, 2020) •Synopsis• Draco Malfoy and Hermione Granger...