I Love Yoo, Maybe

By LostPreMed

This story picks up where the original "I love Yoo" left off from Episode 89. Caught between Yeong-Gi and Ko... More

Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110 + 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119 + 120:
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
BONUS: Chapter 129
Chapter 130: Between Crosshairs (Part 1)
Chapter 131: Between Crosshairs (Part 2)
Chapter 132: Between Crosshairs (part 3)
Chapter 133: Fault (Part 1, Alyssa)
Finale: Fault (Part 2, Alyssa)

Chapter 90

3.9K 65 12
By LostPreMed

PREVIOUSLY...

· Yeong-Gi:

o Being investigated for charges of assault and drug possession

o Told his rich father that he does not want Shin-ae involved, even though she can vouch for him

o May or may not have taken his college entrance exams and is keeping that detail a secret

o Dates a super model, Alyssa Cho

o Wants his half-brother Kousuke (whom he distrusts) at Shin-nae's party, Dec 21, which is also Yeong-Gi's birthday

o Helped Shin-ae with an intruder

o Worked with Kousuke to rescue Shin-ae at their company's party

· Kousuke:

o Worked with Yeong-Gi to rescue Shin-ae at their company's party

o Hired Shin-ae to be his assistant, with the stipulation she take etiquette classes

o Thinks making a relationship with his half-brother Yeong-Gi (aka: Nol) will be pointless

o Allows Shin-ae to use his first name

o Not dating anyone, but has a make-up remover spray to repel unwanted female attention (specifically on Alyssa's sister, Megan Cho)

o Thinks Yeong-Gi has an easy and care free life...and envies him for it

o Uses sweets and cooking to relax from stress

o Distrusts his mother (Mrs. Hirahara) after multiple attempts to manipulate Shin-ae and himself

· Shin-ae:

o Suffered a second brain injury from the Hirahara company party, just before her college entrance exams

o Her best friend, Min Hyuk Park, is coming back home from college for the holidays, while his sister Maya Park (a later friend of Shin-ae) is feeling left out from the recent events in Shin-ae's life

o Is currently staying at her best friend's family home until her father is out of the hospital

o Father is currently in the hospital for alcoholic related injuries (and does not know about Shin-ae's recent head injury)

o Used to be friends with Ashley Cho until a fateful event in middle school

o Currently works at Hirahara company as Kousuke's assistant, after being taken advantage of by Mrs. Hirahara

o Went to the amusement park with Dieter (a German-American classmate that has a crush on Shin-ae)

o Found an intruder in her home claiming to be her long lost sister, and admitted to following Shin-ae since seeing her at the mall

***********

PRESENT DAY

SHIN-AE

As I approach Kousuke's office, I could hear shouts coming from his closed door. "I know those voices" I said to myself. "I know it's not right to eavesdrop," I thought, "but I need to talk to Kousuke. And those brothers (the Hiraharas) are always at odds... I'll just wait out here until they're done."

"Don't you play dumb with me..." (Yeong-Gi)

"...It's for her own good." (Kousuke)

WAIT! They're arguing about me! I realized. "I need to stop them," I told myself, "They're brothers! They shouldn't fight over me!" I am about to turn the door knob and enter Kousuke's office to stop this craziness ...until I heard HIS voice. It pierced my heart and made me halt in my tracks.

"She's the worst employee I have ever seen..." (Kousuke)

My hand trembles as it hovers over the door knob. A rush of mixed emotions flooded through me. Humiliation. Fear. Anger. Confusion.

Then why did he hire me? I thought to myself. And after staying with me in the hospital, protecting me from his psycho mother...how can he say those things? Sure, I'm not perfect and people tend to get on my nerves, but I never... I close my eyes and allow my thoughts begin to spiral out of control - until Yeong-Gi's voice broke through my musings.

"Are you really helping her? Or are you just helping yourself?" (Yeong-Gi)

"...You need to start showing some respect to your older brother, Boy." (Kousuke)

That's it. Their conversation steeled my resolve.

CCREEEAAAKKK went the Kousuke's office door. The brothers turned and found me at office entrance. I felt apprehensive and uncomfortable. Yet resolute in my decision.

YEONG-GI

CCREEEAAAKKK went the Kousuke's office door. I turned towards the sound and found Shin-ae at office entrance, looking apprehensive and uncomfortable. Yet resolute.

I felt panicked. Crap! I thought. How much did she hear?? I have to fix this ASAP!

I promised her I would tone down my intensity, but...how can I stand by when she's uncomfortable? What kind of friend would that make me?

However...since the company party fiasco, I knew the only way to keep her safe and happy was if I kept my promise to Kousuke: by keeping my distance from Shin-ae. After all, wasn't she injured because of me? My father suspects my connection to her and already wants to use her. And Mrs. Hirahara - I can't be sure, but even Kousuke suspects her for her role in Shin-ae's injury. I mean, that's what happened before...5 years ago...to HER...

*********Yeong-Gi's memory flashes back to 6 years ago***********

PLACE: Ireland

Yeong-Gi's age: 13

"Mam! Mam!" I cried. I couldn't stop the tears. The police taped the area around her car, keeping bystanders away. I tried to go to her, but one of the officers' steeled his grip on my arm. I tried to shove him away, but it was no use.

"Oy, Boyo!" he yells over my cries, "innae safe to go 'ere!"

"I want to see Mam!" He doesn't get it. I need to see her! I need to know she's ok! Because if she's not...it'll be my fault...

"Och," the officer crouches down in front of me, blocks my view of the accident, and looks me in the eye, man to man, "ya dinnae want to see her right now." Keeping his gaze and hold on me, he straightens to his full height and tells me, "Ya need to be strong now, aye?"

Sniffling, I nod. "A-aye" I confirm.

The officer paused, as if thinking over something. Then comes to a solution: "I'll take ya to your mam. She'll be taken to the Hirahara Ireland Memorial Hospital."

Hirahara?? I know that name! But I'm not suppose to tell anyone...I promised. Mam and Nana always told me that keeping my word makes me a man. And I need to be a man, especially now.

The officer walks me to his car and asks me the one question I never know how to dodge, "So where's your da at?" I try not to stiffen, but I can't keep his gaze. "Has he been contacted?" I shake my head.

He doesn't say anything more after that...until he placed me in the back of his car, and crouches down again to catch my gaze once more. "Boyo, I need the truth now, aye? When was the last time you saw your da?"

His eyes are so kind and I want to trust him, but...I promised me Mam and Nana. "It's been a year, maybe more," I reply. It's not the whole bloody truth, but it's not a lie either. Hopefully, the officer will take my answer at face value and drop the whole da business.

"Hm..." grunts the officer, "so it's just you and your mam? Is there anyone else we can contact?"

"M-my Nana," I answer. I know me mam and Nana haven't been talking to each other lately, but I need her more than ever right now.

The officer buckles me in, gets into the drivers' seat, and starts the car. "Och, I'll make sure to call her when we get to the hospital. I donnae want a wee boyo like you alone." He looks into the rearview mirror to catch my eyes, looking for confirmation.

I nod. "Aye, that'd be grand. Thank you, officer." I truly felt grateful to him but I had to turn away from the pity I saw in his eyes. Instead, I watched at the world as it passes by me. If only I had listened to me Nana. Then Mam wouldn't have gone to see them, wouldn't have drank that bloody tea, and wouldn't have been in that bloody car. If only I'd listened and stayed away...

*****************PRESENT DAY*********************

KOUSUKE

CCREEEAAAKKK went my office door. I turned towards the sound and found Shin-ae at the entrance of my office, looking apprehensive and uncomfortable. Yet resolute.

BA-BUMP! BA-BUMP!

Crap! My chest is NOT suppose to feel this way...ESPECIALLY towards an employee. I will NOT become my father. I need to school my features; ensure my features lacks expression and that my demeanor comes across as stoic and unmoved. Even if her bravery does make me feel...

NO NO and NO! I will not follow that way of thinking. It'll only get me into trouble. It already got Shin-ae into trouble and worse: into the line fire of my mother's meddling.

Besides, it's probably best that she overheard us. Maybe she'll quit and do the one thing I seemingly cannot accomplish myself: put distance between us. It's the only way to protect her. The longer she stays here, the more in danger she is to being used by my family.

Not that I should have anything to say on that score - it'd be the height of hypocrisy. While I never used her outright, I used her application to give NOL some work incentive. But after learning what she was willing to withstand...that she would go through such lengths for my sake, the least I can do is do the same in return.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22K 1K 42
As Kousuke gets ready to run a company in Japan, Shin-ae gets an acceptance letter from 'The University of Tokyo', and is put under a special program...
A promise By gaby

Fanfiction

143K 2.2K 29
shinobu and giyu go on a mission thats goes wrong, will they overcome hardships? other ships will be in the story (manga spoilers so read with cautio...
2.2K 78 17
[ ON GOING✍︎ ] ༆•••••❦︎•••••༆༆•••••❦︎•••••༆༆•••••❦︎•••••༆༆•••••❦︎•••••༆ In which Izana became one of the patients in a mental hospital in tokyo and h...
55.2K 1.4K 38
Disclaimer: in a couple of chapters, it may be confusing because there were huge gaps in between chapters and when they were written. The book was al...