The Wolf and The Dragon (Book...

By Akita_Ninjago

Ninjago, after the events of Series 9 & 10 What had really happened between sessions 9 and 11? Who is the Wol... More

Prologue
The Doctor
Nightmares and Visions
A New Quest
Mini-Cole
The Professor
Origins
Hey Rumi...
Bloodline
Beautiful Bloom {the time traveller dragon}
Healing? now or never...
EVERY ENDING IS ALWAYS A NEW BEGINNING
Some Die, Some Live...
Day of the Departed
Love Birds in the Kitchen
The March of the Oni
Down on memory lane
Following the Sunset
Who is The Dragon?
About Last Night
Kim vs Cole
The Fall
The Might Goddess vs The Master of Water
The Jump
The Brutal Attack
Between life and death
The Master of Wind
Falling into a trap
Code 1: A time-critical event with immediate response required
Ninja GO!
The Genji Twins
All together again
Wine on the rooftop
Sunrise Exercise
Romance or Friendship?
The Wall of Fame
The return of the crazy old Lady
Mistake's Advice and Noodles
The heart of The Quiet One
Surprise! - Meeting the second guardian

The Princess Save Me

405 13 8
By Akita_Ninjago

Previously on Ninjago AU:

Ruby: -"So, I am The Lupa, or The Wolf, originally, the half of a powerful entity, I have been cursed and restrained to this dimension, not just myself, but also the other half, The Dragon.

My last life ended around 1000 years ago, and I was reborn from ashes just 22 years ago (I always felt was adopted) to complete a task unfinished on my previous life, I still haven't figured out what task that is, but I will get there!

I have multiple powers, one of them is Heal with my hands..."

[Ruby ]

It was just the end of my day off when I received a call from Hospital, I quickly got myself ready and run across the park, in 5 minutes I was there. It was 5:30 pm and one of the nurses come to meet me to give me a brief of the case. 10 years old girl, her mother find her laid down in the kitchen floor with difficult to breathe and very pale.

The initial tests ER had performed registered a very abnormal heartbeat.

I entered the room, her mother was there holding her hand, and the girl called Iva, was holding her teddy bear, and she squeezed it against her chest after I check her heart beating. Her bright blue eyes were wide open looking at me while she tries to breathe very deep into the oxygen mask. She looks quite small for her age.

-"Is it hurting?" - I asked her point to where she squeezes her teddy against to. She nodded.

-"for how long? - I asked

-" I don't know" - her very sweet and weak voice responded to me.

-"Is it hurting for a long time? - she nodded

I asked her mother if we could speak outside. Before I left the room, I request an echocardiogram, a chest X-ray and a few blood tests.

She told Iva has always being a very quiet girl, and she is always very tired, she doesn't like eating much, her mother assumed she didn't have energy just because she wouldn't eat enough. She has always been very caring, and calm, and she hardly complains about anything.

Her mother was very surprised when Iva told me her chest have been hurting for a long time. And stop speaking as she could no longer control her tears.

-"Anyone in the family with heart diseases?" - I asked she look scared to me.

-"No, well on my side, I don't know anything about her father side, he hasn't been around much, since she was only 2, in fact, he hasn't been around at all."- her tears keeping rolling through her face.

-"I suspect she might have Congenital heart disease, I have requested a few tests for a more conclusive diagnostic. Also, request a cardio-paediatrician to access her". - her mother just cries.

-"She will be alright!" - I said that in my very comforting tone.

But we were interrupted by a nurse, and I have to run back to Iva. Her heart has stopped, and I had to use the defibrillator on her and bring her back to life.

I have saved and lost many lives, and I know very well how to keep my emotions in check, but bring little Iva back made me quite emotional.

Once we have Iva stabilised I leave the room to let her mother in, she was still crying, she thanked me and entered the room. I stand there watching for a minute, and I had to wipe my face, as my tears insisted on rolling.

---

[Lloyd]

6:45 pm - as I walked towards Harumi's ICU, I heard someone cry, snivelling, holding a teddy close to her face. I watch for a few seconds, and I saw Ruby coming out of the room, she has spoken to the lady that was crying and let her go into the room.

I walked towards Ruby to say hello, then I saw her taking her glasses off and wiping her eyes, she was crying too.

-"Are you OK?" - I asked as I come a bit closer to her. She tries to hide when she sees me, but her eyes are so full of tears, that she couldn't.

-"I am fine! It was a hard one, but it is OK now. Sorry!"

-"You don't have to apologise, at least not to me." - I try comforting her, and for a second I felt like giving her a hug, but she slowly moves away from me.

-"I need to take this the paper to the desk, I will meet you in 10 minutes in the coffee area if you want to grab a drink." - I nodded to her and she walks towards the reception, and I walk to the coffee area.

I made 2 drinks to us, add coffee to Ruby's, and as I finished, Ruby walks in, with a scrub kit in her hand, there were no tears in her eyes anymore, but they look as bright as ever, maybe it is because she is not wearing her glasses.

We sit down opposite each other and grab a sip.

-"How old is the little girl? What is her name?" - I asked

-"Her name is Iva, she is 10, but she is far to small for her age" - Ruby answered.

-"What has happened to her?"

-"I still need the test's confirmation, but it looks like Congenital heart disease.

-"What is it?"

-"Some failure in her heard, something she was born with."

-"Is it treatable?"

-"Yes! - You must be wondering why was I crying?"

-"Not that you have to explain anything to me... Yes, I was wondering"

-"1 hour ago I was chatting with her mother, just after I did the first assessment, and I told her Iva would be fine, next I was call back into the room, as the girl's heart stopped, and I had to resuscitate her with a defibrillator. I do that every other day, but for some reason, I felt powerless today..."

-"Because you felt you would lose her just after you told her mother she would be alright."

-"Exactly!" - She smiles at me. -"How are the nightmares going?" - she changes the subject.

-"I haven't had any since you took me into the ICU to see Harumi..."

-"I guess it did help you!" - She gave me a beautiful smile, happy that she helped me.

-"Yes, it did! Thank you!"

-"I am glad!"

We carry on talking a bit longer, until we finished our drinks and we move towards the ICU, Ruby open the door for me, after I put the scrub kit on, and let me in. She goes around the bed and checks all the equipment, grabs the clipboard beside the bed and writes on her notes. She was still very quiet, I knew something was still bothering her.

-"I will give you some privacy now, I will be around if you need anything!" - she said as she left the ICU, I kept watching her until she disappears from my sight, then I sat down in the chair beside Harumi's bad.

I turn to the Jade Princess, I wasn't afraid of her anymore, and though still hurts me to watch her partially dead in that bed, it was a bit easier than before. I start speaking to her again, mainly about random things, like the weather, and other subjects we had in common, little things we shared before I find out who she really was.

-"Do you know Rumi, I have been thinking, what if you had never lost your parents, or if you had never moved into Ninjago, or if I had never released those serpentines, what would have changed, would we've ever met? - I know it is stupid to play "what if", but... I still do anyway."

-"I don't care if you hate me or not, I never hate you, no even when you hurt me, yes, I was mad at you for all things that you have done! - But, I never hate you, and I would never ever do... I can't change anything that is already done, but if I could, I would...

---

I was in a small village in Ninjago countryside when I saw her, the unmistakable blonde silvery hair, tied back in a bow, her beautiful eyes and rose lips, she looks so happy, and she walks in front leading a line of small children in their school uniforms.

She is a preschool teacher, I guess, she walks near me, but she either can't see me or can't recognise me, she carries on walking with the children around her, she tells them to keep holding hands, and they do as she tells. I keep watching, and I see a young man, dark brown hair, tan skin, he comes close to her and gives her flowers, she brushes a bit and kisses his cheek, he wraps his arms around her, and the two of them walk together down the street, with all the children following them.

I wasn't jealous, or sad, I was happy, I was pleased to see her alive and happy. Maybe that was the life meant to her if one of the events of her life had been different, maybe...

As I was about to walkway from there, someone holds my hand, it was the Lupa, her fingers interlace mine, her hands are glowing, and my heart feels warm with her presence.

-"I told you she would be happy!"...

I wake up!

--Time Skip---

9 days have gone since the build has colapse.

—-

[Ruby ]

On the last few days, I have settled into my hospital hours routine. I work anything from 12 to 15 consecutive hours, normally through the night, I like night shifts, so much more happens at night.

Then I will have between 32 to 35 hours to myself, off course, if I don't receive an emergency call to attend in between.

The position I am gives me the freedom to do whatever hours I wanted to, but I find easy on myself to settle into a routine. I like routines. My superiors sometimes hinted that I should take a step back from emergency and become more like a manager, but I like saving lives, and that is what I do better.

I always see Lloyd at the hospital when he is there to visit Harumi, sometimes twice in a day, early in the morning just before I leave, and at the evening just as I start another shift.

I managed to get official permission for him to enter the ICU and spend time with Harumi whenever he wants, he just need to see anyone from my team, they would make sure he is properly dressed to enter the ICU, and they will let him in, and he can stays as long as he wants.

But I find out he never asked anybody else, he always waits until I am around.

We kind of developed a ritual, every evening when he comes to see Harumi, he brings me a hot chocolate with coffee, just the way I like it, and I will have hot chocolate ready for him in the mornings, just before I finish my shift, then I will take him to Harumi's and go home.

We talk, a lot, about her condition, about the all the lives I saved (or lose) through the night, about the latest villain in town he and the rest of the Ninja have been fighting with, and in the last few days Iva, the little girl, who is fighting for her life.

We somehow became friends, and somehow it feels nice.

But still, it has been 9 days since Harumi entered the ICU, tomorrow we will have to remove her from an induced coma, but there is no visible improvement on her condition, and I am afraid we might be heading to the worst.

I haven't given up just yet, I have one last card on my sleeve, and I have reached the decision to try, and I am planning to do that today.

I received a call from the hospital, the Pediatric cardiologist chief was in his way to access Iva, and I was requested to be there by 4 pm, and that was exactly what I need to set the plan going.

With a bit of luck, Lloyd should be arriving at the hospital just as I finished my meeting.

I prepared "between worlds tea" and mixed with "remembering tea", I wasn't sure I should be mixing them together, but I do need both for this task. I add some cocoa and cream and extra sugar and vanilla, I tasted and it was quite good. I put in a thermal flask and take it with me.

I went directly to my meeting, we had the results of Iva's exams, the Pediatric Cardiologist, Doctor Moor, has placed a request to transfer Iva to his ward, he wants to monitor her case, he told she would need a heart transplant.

As I walked back to my office, I see Iva has visitors, her mother is just in the rest area near the room, chatting with a ginger hair lady, looks like they are friends.

Inside Iva room there is a little boy, with brown chocolate hair, falling over his eyes, they look the same age, though he is taller and stronger, they have a few paper aeroplanes they have done themselves, and they are playing with each other.

As I entered the room, he hides the aeroplanes behind his back.

-"It is ok!" I tell him "you can play as much as you like as long as you keep this little girl happy."

-"that is my mission, keep Iva happy, forever!" - he said that in such a sweet way, at the same time very grown-up for his age.

-"I am very impressed! It is a very important mission to keep our friends happy"

-"I am Flynn by the way, you must be the nice Doctor, Iva was talking about."

-"yes she is" - Iva adds.

-"well, it's a pleasure to meet you Flynn, and you can call Ruby ."

-"ok Doctor Ruby " - he gives me a handshake - "may I ask you a question?"

-"of course"

-"is it true that Princess Harumi is here in this hospital?" - his question takes me by surprise

-"yes, she is, do you know her?"

-"she saved my life, and my parents as well, we were trapped inside the building that was about to collapse, she made sure we left the building in safety and together, the 3 of us. She was wearing that Quite One face, they showed in the news, but I know she is the princess." - he pauses -"is she going to be ok?"

"I am working on it, I am doing all I can to save her life, would you like to see her?"

"Am I allowed to?"

"That can be arranged!"

A few minutes later I was preparing Flynn to go inside Harumi's room with me, I got his mother approval, and explained in details to him what he was going to see, I didn't want him to be scared of all equipment supporting Harumi's life. But he was very brave.

We entered the room and I showed him the equipment and explained each one of them.

"You can talk to her if you want to, she can hear you."

"Hello, Princess!" He started a bit shyly "My name is Flynn, you save my life, and my parents' as well, when you led us out of the building, I am sorry you didn't find another way" he said sadly "Doctor Ruby will help you to get better, you know"

"And when you get better, would you please come and have dinner with us, my parents and I would love to say thank you for what you have done." - "you are amazing!"

He stopped talking and looked at me as if telling me, he wants to go. I find difficult to hold my tears back, but I do. As we both get out of the ICU we pump into Lloyd, he must have been there for a while watching us.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.4K 2.2K 31
When an unexpected competitor arrives at the tournament of elements, y/n realizes that her and the ninja are in more danger than they realize. Instea...
10.8K 181 10
Set after Season 12: Prime Empire. Lloyd thought he was over her. He thought he had finally moved on. He thought wrong. His feelings for her are sti...
51.8K 1.4K 54
Hi guys! This is my first time actually writing a book and publishing it! So this story takes place after crystalized. The ninja have still not yet f...
29.2K 520 21
✿✿SPOILERS FOR CRYSTALIZED✿✿ After the events of Crystalized, Harumi is sent to court where she was about to face the ultimate punishment: death. To...