ARRANGED MARRIAGE |namseok|

By joonie_verse

「Hoseok is determined to escape his fate. Namjoon just wants to be loved.」 Or, in which Hoseok dreams of bein... More

「coming soon」
「un」
「deux」
「trois」
「quatre」
「cinq」
「six」
「sept」
「huit」
「neuf」
「dix」
「onze」
「douze」
Huh hey

「treize」

4.9K 307 120
By joonie_verse

"So, you called him a slut, realized you were wrong and still didn't apologize?"

Hoseok could visualise Yoongi's disapproving stare even through the speakers of his phone. He groaned, hoping his frustration would be heard from the other line of the call.

"It's not like that..." He paced around his room, snatching a random pair of sweatpants and shirt and threw it inside his bag. Dance practice starts at 6 today. He still had time.

"What is it then?" Yoongi quizzed. "Ah shit, it's almost empty. Hoe, we have to go makeup shopping soon." He added softly.

The older was painting his nails. Black because that color contrasted well with his skin - what he does not say is that he also liked it a lot when Jin calls him his Goth Baby. Hoseok  chuckled. It had been a while since the duo went out together. He missed it.

"It's just- i don't know. It feels stupid to apologize. Dude was trying to stir shit up and i snapped. He was making it sound like him and Namjoon had stuffs going on," the younger grumbled.

He threw himself on his bed and finally grabbed his phone. The screen was facing Hoseok's ceiling. He turned it around to look at his best friend.

Yoongi was delicately applying a transparent coat on his pinkie, shaking his head at his hands in a cute manner. Hoseok could not blame him. Even he knew that he sounded ridiculous.

"Honestly, you're being a real asshole. Grow the fuck up, man. You're acting like past struck up high schooler Hoseok and god forbid I ever lay eye on that bastard."

Hoseok chuckled at that remark. Yoongi never had a filter. He said whatever came to his mind. And that was why Hoseok trusted him so much.

"You're right. But it's not just my fault. It was like he was waiting for me to get angry- to make a mistake and call me out for it. He got into Namjoon's face and kissed him and then giggled." Hoseok made a face. He was particularly displeased at the kissing for some reason.

Yoongi glared at him through the screen, "Wasn't that part of the game, tho? Technically he did nothing wrong. And it's not like you like Namjoon anyway," he loudly exclaimed and watched his best friend closely, "Why would you be mad?" He quizzed sarcastically.

Hoseok raised an eyebrow. Yoongi was doing it again. The same expression as Taehyung that night that pissed him off. Eyebrows furrowed, lips in a frown and eyes calculating and waiting. Was Hoseok just dense or was everyone just being weird?

"I don't hate him," he mumbled finally.

The older sighed again -a common occurrence with Min Yoongi- and held his gaze through the screen.

"Well at least you're not ignoring the kid."

Hoseok chuckled airily at that.

He think back to the last few days how he could barely make eye contact with Namjoon because he kept remembering how horribly he treated Taehyung, how many lunches he missed with the younger because he could barely hold a conversation without his brain freezing and how many nights he 'stayed to the dance studio late' to avoid bumping into him.

Was Hoseok ignoring Namjoon? Perhaps.

Was he going to pass that information to Yoongi to most possibly get told off? Absolutely not.

Hoseok knew he had no reason to be so uncomfortable around the other but he could not help himself. Namjoon was acting as if nothing happened (because, really,nothing happened, Hoseok reminded himself) and he was not sure if Namjoon knew about him calling his best friend and apparent ex a slut or if he was unaware and thought Hoseok was a good person. Either way he felt guilty. Gut-eating, suffocating guilty.

He also felt uncharacteristically awkward. He was reminded of the kiss the two shared with way too many details whenever he so much as gazed at the younger's lips. (Why was he glancing at his lips anyway? Sure they were plump and rosy and- fuck, not again.)

In conclusion, he felt like an idiot and decided to be an even bigger idiot by ignoring his problem (Namjoon) and concentrating on other things (not Namjoon).

Yoongi had moved on to relating a very passionate date he and his boyfriend had last saturday to Hoseok when there was a knock at the door.

"Hoseok hyung?" Namjoon's voice was soft as usual.

"Yeah?" The other called, getting up way too quickly to seem casual.

Hoseok immediately cut the call, ignoring Yoongi's prying questions after he mouthed a very quick sorry.

"It's been a while since we ate together.... Do you want to have some takeout today? Anything you wish for. I don't mind," Namjoon said cautiously.

It made Hoseok feel like an even bigger asshole if that was possible. Namjoon was always so polite. Even after being so awkward and fidgety he still tried to come forward and keep him company.

Oh god, Hoseok was such an asshole.

Hoseok opened the door with his practice bag hanging on one shoulder. His hair was uncharacteristically disheveled and he was still in sandals.

"Sorry, I can't today. I have classes till late," he avoided Namjoon's gaze but could still hear his sigh.

"Alright,"the younger mumbled. "Don't come too late okay?"

With a tight nod, Hoseok pushed past him and headed to the door.

He checked his watch.

5:30

He was running away again.

☁️💌☁️

Hoseok went to dance practice without shoes. He was so embarrassed he decided to cover up his mistake by teaching contemporary dance instead of hip hop 'for a change'. His students gave him weird looks but he ignored all of them with red cheeks.

When Taemin, a fellow coworker and good friend of Hoseok, heard about it in the break room, he fell off his chair laughing. Hoseok's ears grew so red he felt obliged to hide them under his beanie.

The male was now walking back home frowning at his sandals. It was about two in the morning. So much for saying he would come early.

After his late night class, he decided to practice some more but instead of choreographing like he meant to, he ended up free-styling a few songs. He felt content with himself to say the least.

The feeling was, however, slowly fading away as he walked home.

He stopped in his steps.

Home? Was it really his home tho?

It was Namjoon's home. But he liked living there. Was it weird liking this entire agreement? He hated it before. So much even that he treated Namjoon horribly. He frowned at that and started walking again.

Namjoon had grown on him. It was too obvious at this point to not acknowledge it.

He was hardworking. Hoseok heard Namjoon talking on the phone late at night more than once, the everlasting rustling of papers and the soft sighs more eminent in the silence of the night.

He was caring. It showed in his actions, in the way he treated his friends, strangers and even animals, in the way he always brought bread for the squirrels in the park and in the way he talked with his coworkers like an equal instead of like their higher-up.

He was patient. When Jimin's and Jungkook's constant nag him he always smiled at them instead of pushing them away. When he was annoyed but never raised his voice.

Kim Namjoon was a lot more things as well.

Hoseok scowled.

Since when were his feelings so wavering?

He was never one to overthink. He liked following his heart, liked doing things in a strike. He absolutely hated being told what to do. He hated dwelling on things- especially rotting thoughts that hurt his stomach like this insufferable guilt he had been engulfed by for weeks.

What had changed in those few weeks?

When he got home, the lights in the kitchen were still on. He slid his shoes off and walked into the apartment in confusion.

Did Namjoon forget to turn them off?

He had never been forgetful before. Hoseok checked if all the windows were closed just in case before dropping his practice bag on the floor of the living room.

He was about to switch off the light when he saw a figure in the corner of his eyes lying on their couch. He nearly jumped in fright until he noticed smooth brown hair poking underneath a paper.

Namjoon was curled up in their couch, face covered with what looked like paperwork. He was still in this previous attire: a simple pair of kaki shorts and a blue polo shirt. His hair was disheveled and his glasses were on the tip of his nose, ready to fall down at any time.

The younger carefully moved forward. His hands moved as if on their own as he delicately removed the piece of paper from over his face. He put it on the stack of paperwork on the coffee table and made a mental note to also put the empty coffee cup next to them in the sink before sleeping.

Hoseok stayed still for a few seconds, admiring all the little feature he usually stopped himself from staring at. Like the way his nose looked so small and his eyelashes looked so long, the way his feet curled because of the cold and the way his clothes were wrinkling up, letting a tiny glimpse of tummy showing.

He allowed himself into Namjoon's room and picked up his duvet and the softest pillow he had. He came back into the living room to a squirming Namjoon. It was pretty cold outside. He carefully removed his glasses and placed them on the coffee table before pulling the cover over the older's body. He slowly raised his head and placed the pillow underneath it.

Just when he was about to leave, a hand gabbed his wrist.

His breath caught in this throat.

"Hoseok?" The other's voice was way raspier than usual and he squinted his eyes in a cute manner to look at the younger, "What time is it?"

Crimson red spread over his cheeks and he racked his brain to remember how to articulate again, "A-around three I think."

His voice sounded smaller than usual and he hated it.

Namjoon hummed. Was it so bad that it sounded like heaven to Hoseok's ears?

"There's kimbap in the fridge if you didn't eat yet. Don't sleep too late,okay?" He added before letting his head fall on the pillow.

"Yeah," Hoseok managed to say amid the blushing mess.

"W-wait! Namjoon-ah. Get back in bed if you are awake. You might get back pain in the morning," he added frowning.

Namjoon waved his hand weakly.

"Too tired," he chuckled deeply, "Won't you massage my back if i do?"

The redness on Hoseok's cheeks wasn't subsiding.

"What?"

When he received no answer he looked down to the other only to find him face deep into his pillow, mouth slightly open and breaths even.

Hoseok slept with much difficulty that night, his mind busy with a certain brown haired, dimples as deep as the ocean man.

☁️💌☁️

「note: lmao guys i have mock exams in a month and like two years worth of material to revise. Pray for ya girl😔✊🏽

My country finally started selling some kpop merch which is honestly amazing but ive been getting ugly comments on the stuffs i buy from people around me and i honestly wish i had the ability to not give a fuck :\\

Anyway i missed yoongi so i decided to write this next :3 chapt is gonna be eventful if everything goes as planned :3

Also, this is absolutely adorable and his nose looks so bopable here oof

(Plz excuse any mistake :c i didnt proof read this chapter yet)

If you liked it send some love im an overly emotionally dependent bish💜 」

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 579 10
In the chaotic whirlwind of high society, Jeongguk and Seokjin find themselves unwittingly tangled in the grand scheme of an arranged marriage. Pictu...
125K 6.9K 33
A Taejin story in which Jin and Taehyung hate each other. But they both live in the two richest families of South Korea. The only thing is, Taehyung...
291K 7.9K 20
I was in a arranged marriage with him.. I was in a arranged marriage with her.. I love him.. I hate her.. I care for him.. I ignore her.. ...
276K 12.6K 106
How would you feel when someone you insulted very badly wants to marry you? Well the same happens with Min jiah when Kim seokjin showed up out of no...