Crush or Be Crushed (EDITING)

By xCorruptedSocietyx

Alexandra Smith... She's one of those girls who hates being late to class and always abides by the rules. Ale... More

A/N
Chapter 1: First Day of School
Chapter 2: Meeting Mr. Bad Boy
Chapter 3: Date?
Chapter 4: Brother Trouble
Chapter 5: The Science Project
Chapter 6: The Devil is Evil
Chapter 7: The First Meet
Chapter 8: Best Friend Say What?
Chapter 9: Who's Ready to Party?
Chapter 10: War with Mr. Noodle Arms
Chapter 11: Dad
Chapter 12: It's Raining Pink Lemonade
Chapter 13: Who Tagged You Along?
Chapter 14: Batman Stuffed Toys and Memories
Chapter 15: Trust Issues
Chapter 17: The Bad Boy's Death Lair
Chapter 18: Little Miss Johns
Chapter 19: What Are We?
Chapter 20: Legally Illegal
Chapter 21: Gobble Gobble
Chapter 22: Gimme My Money
Chapter 23: Parties and Games
Chapter 24: Drunk in Love
Chapter 25: Murry Christmas
Chapter 26: Falling Into a Black Abyss
Chapter 27: You Can't Escape The Past
Chapter 28: Microwave Problems
Chapter 29: The Science Fair
Chapter 30: A Happy Valentine's Day?
Chapter 31: An Even Bigger Confession
Chapter 32: Alex Gone Missing
Chapter 33: A Crushed Heart
Chapter 34: Colorless Walls and Weeping Women
Chapter 35: Thinking Back
ANNOUNCEMENT

Chapter 16: Dodgeball Massacre

395 14 3
By xCorruptedSocietyx

CS (chapter song)
~ I Will Surivive ~ 
By: Gloria Gaynor

I'm still recovering from what happened yesterday. Wow...now that I think of it, my life's pretty screwed up. I really thought Dylan was into me but I guess I was wrong.

I was all ready for school and was just waiting for my dear brother to come down from his den. Finally what seemed like years, he came down and we headed for his car. We got in and we were on our way to school. It was silent at first before Aaron broke the silence.

"Hey...are you mad at Dylan?" He asks turning to me.

"Well..." I start as I stare out the window. "Just a bit but I understand. People tend to use me, you know? I'm just one little speck of dirt on the side of the road who no one gives a damn to."

"No. Stop. No one has the right to use you. I'm your older brother and I won't let that happen."

"Then why did you let Dylan do that to me?" I ask a little frustrated as I turn to face him.

"Well-"

"Oh and what about Kale, huh?" I could already feel tears sting my eyes as I mention his name. "He used me, too."

Aaron sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "Just listen to me. I had a talk with Dylan about his quote-on-quote plan. I told him specifically that this would probably come with major consequences, like this for instance." He looks at me then returns his gaze to the road. "I told him it was a shitty move but guess what? He didn't listen. Dylan was obsessed with Cassie ever since he laid his eyes on her." Cassie, I guess that's her name... "And as for Kale, he's a douche-bag. Whenever you come across someone like him, you have to tell me. Got it?" I nod. "Who knows what I'll do to the unlucky bitch. He'll probably leave the fight with no dick." I chuckle and Aaron smiles at me. At least he attempted to cheer me up. "Are we on the same level here? Are you good?" I smile weakly and nod. Well then...

~

I turn down the hall and walk toward the gym. Physical Education. I wouldn't like to be considered a jock nor an athletic person. Yes, yes, I know I was in the track team a few years ago but look at me now. I'm a fat louzy pig that's addicted to Batman and likes funnel cakes. Yup...my life sucks...

I push open the door and walk into the girl's locker room and see Victoria leaning against her locker texting someone . "Hey, Vic!" I greet her. She hastily puts her phone away and snaps her head up and looks at me.

"O.M.G. I thought you were a teacher." Victoria says clutching her chest as she releases a relieved breath. 

I roll my eyes and walk over to my locker. As I opened it I asked, "Who are you texting by the way?"

"Oh uh nobody." She says as she looks down at the ground.

I change into my gym clothes and look at her. "Oh suuurre..." 

"I'm serious. It was uh just m-my mom." She smiles innocently.

"It better not be a mystery guy you're secretly dating behind my back." I say as I roll my eyes.

Victoria's head snaps up. "Pfft...no..."

"Mmhmm..."

We walk into the gym. Our P.E. teacher, Mr. Harris, is waiting patiently in the middle of the room. Victoria and I join the crowd of students and wait for him to speak.

"Hello fellow students!" His loud voice booms over us. I wince but continue listening. "Today, we're going to play a common strategy game." Shoot...I have a feeling it's- "Dodgeball." I groan and rub my face with my hands. "We should all know this game and I am expecting that all of you participate. I don't want any of that dilly-dallying. That drives me nuts." He pauses and continues. "Anyway, I'll be splitting you up in two groups: Group 1 and Group 2. Form a line and I'll section you off." We form into a line and Mr. Harris starts from the end of the line.

"Psst..." I turn my head to see Victoria nudging my ribs. "Do you think Mr. Harris is nice and angelic or a mean and devilish?"

I shrug in response. "I have no idea but let's just hope he's the opposite of hell."

"Hey! Who's talking over there!" Mr. Harris booms. 

Victoria and I muffle into silence. "Yup. I don't think he's the opposite of hell." Victoria whispers.

Once the coach reached us, Victoria and I, luckily, were put into the same team. We walked over to our half of the gym and prepared ourselves for the worst. I turn my head and what do I see? Those three goofballs. Appearantly, I had no idea we all had the same class. Oh God...I'm going blind aren't I? Can't things get any worse. Actually they can. They just scored their spots on the other team. I'm so dead.

"Hey, cutie!" Derek smirks as he walks to his spot. I greet him with narrowed eyes. He chuckles and whispers something to Francis and Gabe. They snicker as they glance over at Victria and I then they nod in agreement.

"I have a bad feeling about this..." Victoria says worriedly. I nod in agreement and gulp.

"Alright...we all know how this goes I guess. I don't want any whimps during the play of this game so better be tough or else you'll be out like a light." I shiver as coach said this. "On three...ONE...TWO...THREE!" Mr. Harris blows his whistle and all of us spring into action. 

It wasn't long enough before rubber balls were flying everywhere. SMACKA girl next to me was hit and thrown to the floor. SMACK! This time a boy was hit right on the spot where daylight shall never shine upon. He doubles over and groans in pain. It took me a while to let things sink in but eventually I was snapped back to reality. 

I grabbed a ball closest to me and threw it with all my strength I never knew I had. I was watching intently as the ball sped through the air. SMACK! I hit a kid on his shoulder. He sadly walks away sulking as I cheer in victory. This is probably more fun than I thought. I grabbed another ball and threw it in a random direction and SMACK! It smacked a girl right in the leg. WHOO! I am good! Just then, a ball was hurdling toward my face. "EEK!" I scream as I jumped to the side, the ball barely missing me. I turn to see Derek glaring mischieviously at me. I glare back and grab a ball. I don't wait for another second and so I throw the ball in Derek's direction. Sadly, he scoots to the side and dodges it. "Dang it." I mutter under my breath. We continue this grab-throw-dodge-repeat thing until there was only three people left on my side and three people left on the other. On my team I have Victoria, some guy from my math class, and me. On the other side, well, we have the three bad-asses. Derek, Francis, and Gabe. Well then...We're toast. 

"ALL RIGHT GUYS! It's three on three! Let's go!" Mr. Harris booms from the side of the gym. I glance over and see everyone watching us intently like we were in some T.V. show. I look back at our opponents and glare at them before picking up a ball and hastily throwing it to who knows what. SMACK! I look up to see the ball hit Gabe in the chest. The boys stare wide-eyed at me with their jaws hanging low in the proccess. "What the..." Francis says. I grin massively as Gabe walks away mumbling to himself. My math classmate picks up a ball and throws. Derek catches the ball which takes the boy out of the game. It's down to two on two. Victoria and I look at each other nervously. We turn our heads back only to see balls flying straight towards us. We dodge it as best we can hoping not to get hit. SMACK! I freeze and turn my gaze toward Victoria lying on the ground with a round red print on her leg. Oh no...she left me to die here... 'Noooo!' I mouth to her as she walks away. 'Sorry' she mouths back.

I inwardly sob as I turn my attention back to the boys. I gulp down the knot in my throat but muffle up the courage to stand confidently. The boys chuckle and I see Derek give Francis a nod. My gaze turns to Francis pulling back his arm. It wasn't long before a ball headed straight toward me. I don't know what overcame me but in those mere two seconds, I was able to brings my hands up and catch the ball before it hit me. The crowd of student release a wave of 'OHHH's and 'WHOAA's. I smirk at Francis as he left his spot.

Now it was down to one on one. I could here people chanting my name over and over again. Probably my teammates. I could also hear people chanting Derek's name. Most likely from his team. My palms are sweaty as hell and my knees are shaking. I can't do this. Not against him. Before I could even blink a ball was headed toward me. I scoot to the side, pick up a ball and chuck it back at Derek. He dodges. He picks up two balls and throws them with amazing strength. I think I might just get a concussion from watching them zoom through the air. I manage to dodge one ball. Where's the other ball? Just then, I see it come out of nowhere. "AHH!" I scream as I duck down. HISS! It zooms over me. Before I had time to think, I grab a ball and hurl it toward Derek who is staring wide-eyed at my amazing dodging skills (hehe...no...I suck at this crap) SMACK! The ball hits Derek on the head.

Everyone cheers in victory and runs toward me. They pick me up and start chanting "ALEX! ALEX! ALEX!" I laugh as they put me down. 

"AWESOME GAME! You did good Smith!" coach congratulates me.

"Thanks." I mumble as I blush. 

I feel an arm sling over my shoulder. I turn to see Derek grinning like a mad man. "You were ah-mazing, dude!" I laugh.

"Not bad yourself, dude." I answer back.

Derek get pushed away by Francis. He then slings his arm around me. "How'd you get me out?" 

I shrug. "I'm magical" I say sarcastically.

Francis get pushed away by Gabe and he slings an arm around me. "Sup. Got any food?" 

I roll my eyes and laugh. "Does it look like I have food?" 

"Hmm...good point." Gabe walks away and I'm engulfed into a massive bear hug.

"EEEEKKKK!!! ALEX YOU KILLED IT OUT THERE!!!" Victoria screams.

"Vic! If I go deaf, you're paying for my hearing aid." I say rubbing my ears.

"Oops...anyway, teach me your bad ass skills." she says as we walk toward the locker room.

I head to my locker, open it up, and grab my clothes. "What bad ass skills?"

"Your bad ass skills"

"I have none." I shrug

"Sure you do. What was that out there?" Victoria points out toward the gym.

"I don't know. Something called luck?"

"Pfft. Yeah right." She scoffs.

"Aren't I lucky?" I say trying to sound intimidating.

Victoria rolls her eyes. "Yeah. You're lucky alright. Might as well be Luckyman instead of Batman."

So sorry for the hold up. I took a trip to New York to meet up with my cousins and stuff. I just got back like 2 days ago and yeah. I'm starting to think of putting songs for each chapter. It kind of sets the mood for it. Eh... That's all I gotta say. :P Remember to...

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

Love you! :D <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.2K 3.1K 42
Emma Carpenter is a classic example of a nerd. She does her homework, gets straight A's, reads all the time, and never gets in trouble. Then one day...
3.9M 115K 59
* * * Lauren Collins is a good girl. She's responsible and shy but has a tight knit group of friends, excellent grades, and is dating Thomas Clark, a...
629K 18.8K 28
Please note that this was my first story EVER written when I was 12 years old (5 years ago to the current date) and it's not good. There are some ver...
119K 3.5K 25
"I'm done, cupcake. I can't anymore," he mumbled, wiping his eyes. I turned to look at him and took his head into my hands. Both my hands were on eit...