Abandoned wife

By Abhil11

Vindictive words of your beloved hurts the most. At first you are taken aback. You won't believe its from the... More

Author Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Author Note
Chapter 27
Chapter 28 Second Chance
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter - When We became Partners
Questions
Bonus Chapter 2
Not An Update - Excerpts Of New Stories

Chapter 20

20.7K 916 73
By Abhil11

Zindagi bhar bhagte rahe ek lamha muhabbat k liye
Muhabbat pane ki chahat mai sukoon bhi  kho chale
Kyun hai zindagi ka fasana aisa
Kuch pane ki chahat mai jo tha wo bhi kho chale
(I ran all my life for one moment of love and in that quest lost my peace of mind too.
Why life is like this, for wanting something, I lost everything.)

Smita asked her friend  to file appeal in the court to reopen and investigate case of Akshay's family. Her lawyer was sceptical for this step but she want to do this to clear the misunderstanding for once and all.It may lead her to trouble but she is ready to endure it. Magistrate gave a nod to re open the case and instructed police for investigation.
ACP Arjun read the report and scrutinized all minute details.

26 March 2012 a cylinder blast occurred in Ranawat villa. Four family members along with twelve security personnel were died. People who were  dead  are Uma kanwar (55), Pratap singh Ranawat (60),Anuj singh Ranawat (22),Avni singh Ranawat (22), Shayam(50) Ram(25),Hasan (55),Merie (40),Arjun(35),Joseph(30),Basant(35),Jaswant singh(30),Jaspal (26),Surajmal (28),Krishanan nair(35),Susheel (32). All person present there died on the spot. The blast is strong to the extent that whole building collapsed in few minutes. Eye witness Ranjan, Nirmal and few other neighbours said that they heard a unbearable sound and premise of their building also shakened.

Expert said blast happened due to leakage of LPG and when one cylinder caught fire all other cylinders too caught up, resulting in the blast.

CCTV footage of Mr. Mehta's bungalow showed exit of one lady just before the blast. She was prime suspect but before police enquires the her, the case is closed.

"Shinde, find out about this lady and arranged a meeting with former case incharge Inspector Rathod." Arjun commanded.

This is a high profile case with many open endings. Who is the lady? What is her motive to visit the place? Why police left the investigation in the middle? There are many questions and Arjun will love to solve this puzzle. Mr. Rathod told him that Mr. Ranawat restrain him to enquire  this lady named "Smita Surana". After that the case is closed and they also left it as it is.

Ranawat construction office

"I want to meet Mr. Akshay Ranawat."

"You can't meet him. He is busy." the receptionist replied rudely.

"Check his schedule again and free him because he won't like to interrogate in police station." the officer said and her face paled.

"Sir, police officer Shinde wants to meet you. Its urgent." she said nervously.

"Welcome officer, how can I help you?" Akshay offer him a seat.

"Thank you Mr. Ranawat,I came here for an enquiry."

"I don't understand what are you talking." Akshay was genuinely clueless.

" I want to enquire about 26 March 2012 Ranawat vila blast case."

"I don't want to discuss about that." mention of that incident makes him anxious and agitated.

"You are not in the position to say a no." Shinde said

"That case was closed years ago...

" That case is reopened on the request of Mrs. Kapoor, former investor of Ranawat construction. "

" I have nothing to say much. I already recorded my statement. So you can go now. "

"You have to cooperate with us otherwise we have to take strict measures." Shinde said firmly.

"Ask what you want to." Akshay sighed.

"Where were you on that day?"

"I was in the office as usual."

"Who informed you and what you did after that?"

"Mr. Mehta our neighbour who is a retired army officer called me that there is flame in west side of my house. It looks like an emergency and I should come as soon as possible."

"what happened after that....

" I ran towards my car and traffic was crazy as its six in the evening. I reached my house after one hour till than everything is turned into ashes. "

" Why you hadn't called police and fire brigade. "

" I had but they failed to save something which is precious to me. "Akshay said with heavy heart. Shinde hand him glass of water.

" What you think why they failed? "

" I don't know but automatic door locking system was one of the reason. "Akshay regret installing that system for security of his family. That system was for protecting them but it took their life.

"Do you know Smita Surana.?"

"Yes,I do."

"What is your relationship status with her?" Akshay is offended with this question but he is helpless.

"She is my wife." he said

"Is this the reason you stopped the  enquiry against her?" Akshay doesn't said a word. He made peace with his past with great difficulty and now this officer is digging the grave all again.

"She was expecting at that time and stress was  harmful for her."

"How was your relationship with your wife at that time."

"We have some dispute and she was living with her father."

"Okay, thanks for cooperating. We shall meet you soon." Shinde said and left the place.

***************

"Ma'am, police inspector came for some investigation." Maid informed Smita. She came downstairs.

"Yes, how may I help you?" Smita asked politely.

"You have to come with us to police station. We have arrest warrant against you." the officer said and Smita already knew its coming.

"My daughter is here. I don't want her to watch me like this . Can you please take me without handcuffs?" Smita asked and generous officer agreed.

Life is so strange it takes you to places you never imagined you will visit in future. Smita never imagined in her wildest dream that one day life would be like this. It would be much better if she died with everyone. Her life or death nothing matter to anyone. She sat on floor hiding her face between her knees.

"So you are Smita Surana, prime suspect of the blast." unknown voice caught her attention. "I am ACP Arjun and you have to answer few of my questions. Smita acknowledged gravity of her situation.

"Yes, I am Smita Surana and I am innocent."

"Time will tell you are innocent or not." Smita shift nervously on her chair which didn't get unnoticed by the officer.

"So Miss Smita Surana...

" Its Mrs officer. "She correct him.

" So Mrs Smita what relationship you have with Ranawat family.

"I am their daughter in law."

"Who is your husband?" Arjun was asking basic questions to drain her energy so at last he can pressurise her to confess the crime.

"Mr. Akshay singh Ranawat."

"Is it a love marriage?"

"No, our marriage was arranged by his grandfather."

"How you met him?" I mean his grandfather.

"We met in a train...."

"and you impressed the oldman to get in wealthy family."

"That's not true. We chat just like normal passengers. He got  acidity attack and I just helped...

"You cash the opportunity in the form of marriage with eldest son of family who was not willing to marriage."

"I didn't knew it at that time. If I knew about that I don't nod to this alliance."

"You are very clever but not more than us. You board the same train which Mr Ranawat is boarding. You gave him something to eat which leads to his acidity attack. You created an opportunity to befriend with family. Later you got married to Mr. Akshay and became daughter in law of the house. You gain trust of that old man and all properties transferred in to your name. When your motive is completed you killed everyone. "Arjun concluded.

" That's not true. "Smita yelled." I didn't killed anyone. It was an accident. "tears were flowing from her eyes.

" You were the last person entering and exiting the house. Blast happened within ten minutes of your exit. You are the one who opened the lid of extra cylinder of LPG. You are the one who left the gas on without lighting it and when someone went and strike the lighter blast occurred. "Arjun pressed her button.

" Yes, I went there but not to kill them but sharing the good news. I was expecting and I want to ease the tension between our families by this news. If I knew something like that happened I hadn't left  the mansion. It would be good if I died with everyone." Smita sighed and tough features of the officer Arjun softened. He asked peon to bring some refreshment for her. She exhausted and depressed which is unexpected. Arjun wants to leave her on the ground of humanity but he did not. Prime suspect is vulnerable which is golden opportunity for the department to unlocks this high profile death case.

"You said both families have difference. What is the reason for that?"

"Property was the reason. Dadaji transferred  90% shares of the company in my name. My father in law wasn't happy with that which leads to fight between him and my father." Smita hide a crucial fact but its too ugly and irrelevant to present case. Their dirty laundry doesn't need to be wash in public. Whatever her father in law's opinion about her, it doesn't matter now.
"I left the house with my father and that day I came to give good news of my upcoming child. I want to mend difference and live like happy family. I gave up on shares and transferred it to everyone equally." Smita said looking on the floor.

"and that share transfer makes you more guilty." Smita looked him with accusations. "They died after such transfer." he concluded.

"I told you I hadn't killed anyone. They were my family. May be people kill family members for property but I hadn't commit anything like that. I am not guilty for their death." Smita concluded.

"Court will decide that you are guilty or not till then you will remain in police lockup." Arjun finished the interrogation.

Thank you everyone who voted on last chapter and expressed their opinion. I didn't knew you guys like this couple that much. I have started this story with few particular things in mind and earlier no one interested in this story.
So can you tell me how you find this story in the sea of books.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4K 527 18
"I will die Ekansh... Please, I dont know what i will do without you. Please forgive me." She begged trying to hold his hand but he jerked his hand a...
4.9M 244K 85
Indian Chronicles Book I My Husband, My Devil. "GET RID OF IT" She thought she heard something wrong, Not reacting she just stared at his face no e...
191K 8.7K 24
Ranked #5 in General Fiction on 18 Aug 2018. I would like to thank my readers for this constant support. ***************************************** "...