What the Heart Wants (Larry A...

By something1d

Harry and Eleanor had always been the best of friends, ever since they were little kids. But when Harry meets... More

Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Epilogue

Chapter 1

20.4K 649 749
By something1d

A/N: well hello der everybody! just wanted to say thank you SO much for reading ill never let you go, it has over 1000 reads now and omg i just cant even. seriously i cant. like i dont understand, thats so amazing and im beyond happy so thanks for reading! hopefull youll like what the heart wants just as much! :D so heres chapter 1, dont forget to vote and comment! <3

Chapter 1

HARRY POV 

*The following morning* 

"Haaarry get up! It's already 11!" Harry heard Eleanor's voice through the haziness of sleep. 

"Mhhmm," Harry groaned, tired and annoyed, burying his face into the pillow. 

"Get up, c'mon! Louis' going to be here in two hours, you need to get ready! Oh my god I'm so excited for you two to meet each other, you'll be the best of friends I know it!" 

Harry rolled his eyes into the pillow. He seriously doubted that. But five minutes later, he ended up dragging his body clumsily down the stairs and into the kitchen. For Eleanor. He loved seeing her so happy; he wasn't going to take that away from her. He decided that he'd do as she said that day, for her sake. As much as he despised the idea of meeting Louis, he'd somehow force himself to cooperate. He knew how much this meant to her. Harry tried to convince himself that it wouldn't be that bad, that it might be kind of fun. 

Ha. Yeah right. 

Harry sighed as he approached the kitchen, where Eleanor was bustling around doing something, pulling out a stool at the counter and plopping down on it. "Oh good, you're up!" she said brightly. "I made you breakfast!" She placed a plate of fluffy golden pancakes drenched in maple syrup, two strips of bacon, and fresh strawberries in front of Harry, along with a glass of orange juice. Harry's 

stomach growled as he took in the sight, not realizing how hungry he was until he saw the food. He eagerly dug in, and managed to spit out through mouthfulls, "This is a surprise, why such a fancy breakfast this morning?" Eleanor shrugged, chocolate brown eyes twinkling. "As a thank you gift for doing this. I know how much you didn't want to, I still don't understand why, but I'm glad you agreed." Harry avoided eye contact, latching his eyes onto the food and continuing to shovel forkfulls into his mouth. He swallowed a bite of pancake, and muttered "Thanks," and continued eating. "Only for you, Harry," she grinned, either not realizing Harry's discomfort or deciding not to press the matter further, to Harry's pleasure. "Well, I'm going to go have a nice relaxing bath. Make sure you're ready by one!" she called over her shoulder as she skipped out of the kitchen to the stairs. "Yeah yeah yeah," Harry grumbled.  

This was going to be an interesting day, to say the least.  

*2 hours later* 

Harry was spread out on the couch, long legs splayed, converse-clad feet hanging off the edge. The TV was on, but he couldn't bother paying attention.  

The clock read 12.57. 

Eleanor wasn't downstairs yet. 

He had gone to check up on her ten minutes ago, pounding on the bathroom and asking what was taking her so long. She had told him to calm down and that she had to finish getting ready. Apparently, she had lost track of the time or something. Anyways, what was really freaking Harry out was that Louis might show up before she's downstairs, which would take the inevitable awkwardness to a whole new level. He pinched the bridge of his nose. Why did she always take so long getting ready? 

After about 10 more minutes of nerves and annoyance, there was a tentative knock on the door. "Shit," Harry muttered. "EL!" he shouted, not caring that Louis would be able to hear him. "YOUR BOYFRIEND'S HERE!" Harry waited a few moments for her response. 

Silence. 

Harry rolled his eyes, running a hand through his curls. Should he run upstairs and get her? Should he wait a couple more minutes? No, that would be stupid. Ugh why were people so annoying? 

Louis knocked again.  

Harry sighed. He had no choice. "Here we go," he muttered under his breath. He walked over to the door and plastered a fake smile on his face, grabbed the knob, and swung the door open. 

What he saw standing there was completely unexpected. 

If he hadn't gotten ahold of himself in time, his jaw would have surely dropped all the way to the floor. Harry was sure of it. 

Somehow he managed to force himself not to gape; his smile, however, had slipped away out of pure shock as soon as he laid eyes on the shorter figure behind the door. 

Bright blue eyes locked with his, keeping them and holding them there. Harry couldn't bring himself to look away. His tousled, caramel colored hair swept across his forehead, sticking up in a few places, looking messy, but a good messy. His fringe brushed into his face and he lightly pushed it out of his eyes with a large, tan hand. He was wearing a tight white v-neck that clearly showed off his prominent collarbone and biceps to die for. It clung to his toned chest, accentuating every muscle. His lips were thin, pink, and delicious looking. They were pulled into a shy smile, showing off perfectly straight white teeth. His red chinos, rolled up at the bottoms, along with the v-neck and his black TOMS, made him look irresistible. After a moment, the boy's eyes shifted to the ground, and he blushed. 

Oh god, Harry had been staring, very obviously too. He was such a creep. 

Louis was standing there, hands stuffed in his pockets, shifting his feet awkwardly and looking down at the ground. Occassionally he would look up to meet Harry's eyes, but those moments would only last for a nanosecond before he would turn back.  

Louis was gorgeous.  

No, gorgeous wasn't the right word. But Harry didn't know how else to describe Louis; the boy literally radiated flawlessness. There was no way to describe that perfection, he couldn't find the right words. 

Louis shuffled his feet some more, looking up at Harry through his fringe awkwardly, before looking back down at his feet.  

Oh god, Harry was so awkward, he was making this so uncomfortable for Louis. Why did he have to be born as such an awkward person? Ugh.  

Harry stuck out a trembling hand, trying to steady it, and cleared his throat. "I'm Harry Styles," he introduced himself, voice rougher than usual because he was so overwhelmed.  

Louis reached out and lightly grasped Harry's hand. Harry had to stop himself from gasping out loud, feeling a tingling sensation running through it up to his arm. His eyes shot up to look into Louis' clear blues, managing to hold Louis' gaze for longer than a second this time. Then he realized how awkward this must be, staring into someone's eyes intensely with their hands clasped in between them. "Louis Tomlinson," Louis said softly, still holding Harry's gaze. Harry couldn't stop looking at the beautiful boy, he couldn't bring himself to tear his gaze from Louis'. But when Louis raised his eyebrows and looked at their hands, still holding onto each other, though their handshake had ended already, he realized that he was supposed to invite Louis inside now. Harry could feel his face getting warm as he pulled his hand away. "Right," he muttered, embarrassed. "Why don't you have a seat? El's still getting ready, she should be down soon." Louis nodded and stepped inside. Harry closed the door behind him and turned around to follow Louis into the living room. His eyes popped open wide, only just getting a clear view of Louis from behind. 

Holy shit, that ASS. 

That was the biggest, roundest ass he had ever seen on a guy. EVER. And it was so, SO hot. The chinos showed it off perfectly, making Louis look even more irresistable than Harry had originally thought. Harry was practically drooling, when he realized that he most definitely shouldn't be checking out his best friend's boyfriend. 

Oh shit. 

He was her BOYFRIEND. 

Somehow that had slipped Harry's mind, for whatever reason. 

Well. At least one good thing came out of this. Harry knew he was gay now. Officially. Louis was proof enough. 

But Louis was El's BOYFRIEND...he couldn't be attracted to him. He had only just said a sentence or two to him, he didn't even KNOW him at all! What the hell was going on?! This made no sense. It was impossible, there's no way this could be happening. They had only met a minute ago and already Louis was making Harry's breath hitch and his heart pound just by looking at him. 

And when the two boys walked into the living room, Louis plopping down on the couch and making Harry's stomach flutter when he smiled at the curly boy, Harry knew he was in some deep, DEEP shit.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.6K 2.7K 22
actions and reactions. (or: harry hasn't spoken for a year and his boyfriend, louis, has yet to figure out why. harry is a sophomore in college and...
544K 21.2K 17
What happens when you fall for your best friend? Louis is wondering. When Louis slowly develops feelings for Harry, he denies that there's feelings...
20.1K 1.2K 32
Harry fell in love with Louis on the highway at midnight, but Louis had fallen for Harry so, so long ago. In the enticing tale of two boys racing ac...
106K 5K 10
(Completed) Louis and Harry. Two inseparable friends. They did EVERYTHING together. That was until Harry came out and two best friends became sworn...